World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.01.02 | Reflection
3am | R’nd

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd sat patiently, enjoying the night and B’jin wrapped around him. He knew the man was insecure even before B’jin confessed to it so he had a feeling the greenrider wasn’t out there because he was cold and lonely in bed but because something was finally weighing enough on him that it had to come out. So he waited, not saying anything, not pushing for it to happen so they could get over it and move on. Honestly, he also wasn’t sure exactly what would come. For all he knew, B’jin was about to confess to something silly like drinking the last bottle of wine—though he usually did that anyway. And with the first apology he still didn’t know what was coming but knew it was bigger than wine with how B’jin was acting.

Yes, he was treated badly sometimes. B’jin believing gossip and just leaving without a word was the biggest example and it still hurt. Everyone R’nd ever loved left him eventually. It was why he never formed attachments before B’jin, why he couldn’t give someone the commitment they wanted despite how well they got along and how well he treated them. He’d rather give his love to everyone, spreading it thin enough that it wouldn’t hurt when someone stopped coming around. He knew how cold he came off every time he broke a relationship off after a few weeks or even months, but he simply couldn’t let it go any deeper, knowing he’d be hurt in the end.

B’jin had just been the latest person in his life to prove him right. Together for a decade, finally able to admit to themselves they were mates and… gone. Tossed aside without a care. It had cut him deep and deeper yet with every hour and day that passed without a word. R’nd didn’t know what he’d done but he knew he deserved it and eventually figured out it was his friendships and how close he was to people despite having never once slept with anyone outside of a Flight since hooking up with B’jin.

“I once told you I was sorry for not sleeping around more so I guess this time I’m going to say sorry for treating you like a human and not hitting you,” R’nd finally spoke, softly, almost with a smile on his lips as he recalled the first major misunderstanding they had. He really didn’t know what he kept doing wrong to scare B’jin away. He was just himself and did what he was taught to do. His mother had always instilled kindness and compassion into her children—R’nd figured he got Pendalier’s share of both—and he didn’t know how to be anything different. Even in exile when it was only R’jit and him, they treated each other with kindness and respect and it helped them keep their humanity instead of losing it to the wilds of the jungle.

“Why would I do that, B’jin?” R’nd asked genuinely, as if it had never crossed his mind to go find his mate and correct things. Truthfully, it really hadn’t. Why go and have a verbal confirmation of what the action said clearly? “Assuming I even know what’s going on with you, if you left again, I wouldn’t chase you. You have your reasons and I’m not going to change your mind. What if you only came back because I said to and you didn’t really want to? That’s no better than beating you and dragging you home.” Mylorah was probably the closest he had been to being proactive in such an odd situation. When he found out about her and that she didn’t want to be in his life, R’nd didn’t do anything until his mom died. Only then did he give a ring to T’ryn to pass along to his sister and tell her he’d be there when she was ready.

“I honestly don’t know why either,” R’nd gave another small smile to B’jin. He really didn’t. B’jin wasn’t the picture perfect dragonrider that young Orwind had painted B’jin to be. B’jin was also constantly drinking, he was flighty, and didn’t trust his mate enough to talk to him when something major came up. He finally initiated contact this time, taking one of B’jin’s hands in his and giving it a light squeeze as he added, “but I do love you. I just do.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
741.01.02 | Reflection - by B'jin - 03.Jan.20, 10:29 AM
RE: 741.01.02 | Reflection - by R'nd - 03.Jan.20, 11:57 AM
RE: 741.01.02 | Reflection - by B'jin - 04.Jan.20, 11:04 AM
RE: 741.01.02 | Reflection - by R'nd - 04.Jan.20, 11:36 AM
RE: 741.01.02 | Reflection - by B'jin - 17.Jan.20, 10:30 AM
RE: 741.01.02 | Reflection - by R'nd - 19.Jan.20, 09:29 AM