World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Wake Up! [B'jin + others welcome/encouraged as well]

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Aware of Talian's squeak of pain, B'jin was gentle with his grip but no less fierce in his determination not to let the young man go. He'd almost lost him! He couldn't believe his good fortune, at having managed to pull him, pull them both, through. Faranth was watching over them last night! Allowing Talian to slip out of his grip, B'jin stood up carefully from where he was kneeling, and sat heavily on the foot of Talian's bed, grimacing as he allowed the young healer to look at his arm.

"Probably," he muttered, taking his arm back as Talian made himself comfortable. "But that stuff knocks me around." Maybe he'd always been given heavier doses to account for his allergy to Numbweed, or perhaps he was effected more strongly by that plant, too. Whatever the case, B'jin was liable to pass out if he drank it, and he'd just woken up, however grumpily. Grumpy, grumpy- "Larrikith!" B'jin used the silence that Talian unintentionally gave him to search out his dragon's mind. His face paled when he failed to find her straight away, before relief touched his muscles when he discovered her, still outside, and completely gone to the world. Her mind a hazy swirl of tangled emotions, he took the time to filter through them and sort them out, buffering the negative aside in favour of leaving her with sweeter emotions - such as his elation at have Talian alive and well - to give her sweeter dreams and, hopefully, a sweeter disposition when she awoke. He wasn't going to hold his breath, however.

Opening his eyes slowly with a lazy smile, B'jin turned his bright gaze upon Talian with quiet assurance that the world was as it should be, albeit somewhat sore and tender, before frowning as Talian spoke. His left eyebrow arched slightly as he gave Talian an amused, slightly tired expression. "Talian, no one is in control of their life, and especially not for the first twenty turns or so. No one is exempt from that." B'jin paused a moment. "Talerian was undoubtedly stricter on you than others parents may be, but it doesn't change the fact that your life, my life, every brat born within this Weyr, and those born North; Their lives are controlled by the adults that surround them. My own life, controlled by my parents, then my masters," He shook his head, "Impressing Larrikith is a moot point, Talian, because while I probably would have made it to Master, I would still be under the thumb of the Master Harper. Impressed to Larri, I was under the thumb of everyone that out ranked me, and because of Larri's small size, that was just about everyone. We can out maneuver just about anyone in the sky, we are an amazing Search pair, and my candidates always Impress well - but being a wingrider is expected and being a Searcher is not a rank of any note, unless you happen to nab the next Queenrider and she takes a fancy to you." He shook his head slightly, letting his words roll around the room before falling away. "The only ones in control of their own life, are the Holdless, and I don't know about you, Kiddo, but I like having a little more stability than that, even if it does come by sitting on the bottom of the shit heap."

"It was incredibly selfish," B'jin said, and his tone was very matter of fact without being very emotive at all. It wasn't so much that there was no emotion involved in the words, as that what he was saying was simply a fact. It was, as far as he was concerned. He wasn't going to lecture Talian on how wrong it was for him to do such a thing, because he was pretty sure Talian knew that much. He wasn't going to threaten to not be there if he did it again, because as much as it would kill him, B'jin probably would be there to drag him out of the mess. Either that, or he'd have Larri drop the kid between. At least that was clean and tidy! The man gazed down absently at his chest, noting with disgusted interest the amount of dried brown blood that was smeared across it and soaked through it. He would need a new shirt.

"You owe me a new shirt." He said mildly, apparently accepting Talian's promise at face value without the need to expand upon it. If Talian said he wouldn't do it again, B'jin would believe him and accept it as truth. He wasn't about to tell the boy that if he had really wanted to die, there were two hundred odd dragons living in their Weyr, and while suicide was frowned upon by the non-bonded, it was still an accepted part of their life; no one was expected to live if they truly wanted to die. It was a lot messier and much easier to clean up after dropping someone between than the use of poison. B'jin was pretty sure it was probably a lot less painful, but that it would undoubtedly be incredibly cold and lonely.

When B'jin shuddered, dreading the day it was his turn to take that eternal trip between, Larrikith stirred. The green dragon's multi flected eyes opened and stared up at those that hovered over her with a blank expression, her mind befuddled. Why was she outside in the grass? Her hide was grey tinged and she felt so tired B'jin? she cried, feebly, and struggled to collect herself into a more dignified curled up position, eyes flashing with fear.

"Easy, Larri. We're alright, baby girl. Are you okay?" B'jin's expression was tender, his voice a soft murmur. I hurt. No. You hurt. Her eyes flashed, whirling faster as her head spun towards the direction B'jin was in. "I'm fine, dear. Do you want me?" His gaze met Talian's, loath to leave the young healer, but itching for the comfort of his dragon. No. Stay. I will come to you. Larrikith groaned as she climbed to her feet, and wobbled preciously. She glanced at the door that lead down the hall and then back at herself for a moment, judging. She was round, but she was small. With an expression of determination, the little green shoved men and women alike out of her way before nosing the double doors open and squishing her way down the hall, leaving a trail of destruction in her wake. A moment later, she shoved her head and neck into the room B'jin and Talian were occupying.

Best of both worlds, she said softly, touching lightly on Talian's mind. She gave a creel of love as B'jin threw himself off the bed and wrapped his arms around her face. The dragon lowered herself to the floor, curling up on the other side of the door way, her shoulders pressed into the small panes. B'jin followed her down, her head resting across his legs as he stroked her face and muttered unintelligible reassurances.

[sup]Get past the big green butt if you can LOL; Climb over her if you want. I don't care XD[/sup]

PA - 750 Posts!PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Wake Up! [B'jin] - by B'jin - 03.Mar.12, 07:01 AM
Re: Wake Up! [B'jin + others welcome/encouraged as well] - by B'jin - 03.Mar.12, 08:36 AM