World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

I don't even... [J'ver]

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
All he had wanted to do, was put up the latest assignment for his weyrlings, and then spend the remainder of the day on the lake side with his kids. The only saving grace was that the pair of them had dashed on ahead of him to get good seats in the dining hall for lunch, and to wheedle extra sweets out of whichever favourable cook was on duty. B’jin was, at least, very thankful for that – both of his children were very good readers and the note he had spent far too long gawking at on the bulletin boards was definitely something he did not want either of them reading!

The collection of people surrounding the board had surprised him, and the amount had been why he’d encouraged the kids to run on ahead; a crowd like that usually meant a wing assignment had been posted and the crowd wouldn’t be easy to get to. He’d been shocked when they fell away easy enough so he could squeeze through, unrolling his own announcement to put up as he went. He hadn’t really picked up on the level of sniggering, or the way elbows were being jabbed around until one got him in the ribs and B’jin turned startled brown eyes on a rather burly looking brownrider and he shrank away, ducking past another greenrider before coming face to face with the ‘mysterious note’ that was clearly the center of everyone’s attention.

B’jin stared vaguely for several moments, eyebrows furrowing as he read before his eyes popped wide open and his face flushed a very rapid and very hot crimson. Despite now being the cause of the laughter, elbow nudges and winks being thrown around, B’jin was oblivious to everything but the horrifying words scrawled in a less than perfect hand and pinned up on the bulletin board. The greenrider’s lack of knowledge about the previous notes – particularly the one he himself had starred in – had managed to become something of a running joke first amongst his friends, and later with many of the other occupants of the Weyr. B’jin still had no idea about it, and it was the goal of those closest to him to keep it that way, while the more malicious members of the population simply enjoyed knowing something he didn’t.

“..!” the strangled exclaimation that left B’jin’s lips only caused more laughter to erupt from those around him and the greenrider reached out to snatch the note from the board, scowling viciously through his crimson features at the one man that made a dig about B’jin keeping it for later reading. Stuffing the sheet roughly into his pocket with far less respect than he ever treated parchment, B’jin stuck his own notice on the board, turned and took two steps. He ran chest first into another brownrider, gave a startled squeak, and ducked under the laughing man’s arm, throwing him a filthy look as if it were all his fault for all the events. The angry thoughts that were falling down upon Larrikith were too mangled to unravel.

I don’t know, B’jin… B’jin, where are you going? Larrikith sighed dramatically as she roused herself where she was sleeping in the sunshine beside Ayyonth, enjoying probably the only peace she’d expected to get before a trip to the lake with B’jin and the children. Apparently said rider had forgotten about the aforementioned children, however, as he stalked away from the Dining Hall and towards the bronzerider’s hut. He was still quite a long ways from it when he  - once more – ran straight into another rider. B’jin heaved a dramatic huff, and threw out one arm, attempting to shove the other away and forgetting the parchment in his hand as he did so.

“Get out of the way, J’ver.”

PA - 750 Posts!PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
I don't even... [J'ver] - by B'jin - 21.Aug.13, 08:46 PM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by J'ver - 23.Aug.13, 06:37 AM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by B'jin - 31.Aug.13, 01:17 AM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by J'ver - 31.Aug.13, 03:46 PM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by B'jin - 04.Sep.13, 01:33 PM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by J'ver - 04.Sep.13, 02:07 PM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by B'jin - 09.Sep.13, 02:44 AM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by J'ver - 13.Sep.13, 01:17 PM
Re: I don't even... [J'ver] - by B'jin - 23.Sep.13, 12:26 AM