World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 732.12.12 | A Long Time Coming [Valerian]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Khaduceth wasn't phased by Vveeth's apparent distress, but Talian sensed it. Val's little reassurance confirmed Tal's suspicions, but he let it go. He knew Veeth was sensitive, and much like Valerian, he didn't want some sort of problem to materialize out of thin air just because his dragonet was quiet-natured. "It's okay," Talian said, answering for Khaduceth as he patted the dragonet's snout once more. "He's just very quiet towards other people, I think. I don't think he's spoken to anyone at all aside from me yet," the healer continued.

I have not Khaduceth confirmed to Talian. The healer's wording was telling; Khaduceth had been quiet overall at first, but in the last couple hours he'd started chatting more and more with his new bonded. The dragonet had sensed his poor rider's discomfort at first and had kept quiet, but once Talian realized his dragonet wasn't going to eat him, he found him a nice conversational partner. It was so nice to talk to someone who understood him so well!

It was something Khaduceth and Valerian had in common. The brown watched as Val summoned Fellis to his lap. The little blue quickly complied, hopping from his former perch and settling happily onto Val's knee. Fellis loved petting, and while Daddy certainly hadn't abandoned him, he'd been getting less petting than usual in the last few hours. Good thing Val was an excellent petter, too!

"You're the only other one Fellis will go to," Talian said with a smile. "And I'm glad you like Khaduceth," he went on, though he left off the concern that prompted the comment. B'jin had seemed apprehensive of the poor creature, and while the greenrider had made a strong effort to hide it, Talian had noticed. He assumed it was because Khaduceth was a brown, the color of  Tyrrisath and N'mall's dragon, whom Talian had never caught the name of.

"I know I was impatient with dragons for a long time," Talian said lightly, with just a hint of regret. He hated that in his fear, he'd hurt Veeth's feelings so badly. He was so thankful that Veeth was sweet and didn't allow the situation to damage Talian's relationship with Val. Tal had mistrusted Larrikith as well. He would be patient with B'jin's aversion to browns and ever-thankful that the man even bothered to disguise his apprehensions, but it was nice to be free of that concern with Valerian as well.

I like anyone you like Khaduceth chimed, looking back to Talian and purring reassurance. The healer patted his nose lightly before giving it a soft push towards Valerian. "Well, say 'Hello', then," Talian urged softly. His expression softened and a hopeful look sparkled in his eyes as the little brown seemed to almost shrug, then turn his head towards Valerian.

He still didn't speak, but he inched delicately towards the edge of the bed and pushed his snout towards Valerian again, this time butting his nose lightly against the young man's arm. Khaduceth's warm breath lingered against Valerian for a few long moments as the blue-eyed creature looked approvingly at the young man. Anyone Talian liked, he liked. This one was polite, too!

Talian righted himself, crossing his legs on his bed and looking down at his friend. "I'd invite you up, but I think we're pushing the weight of the bed as it is," he said. "And going...? Ah, the feast..."

He frowned a little and shook his head. "I'd rather not. The last thing I want is a bunch of hypocritical dragonriders jostling around me and telling me how welcome I am. I've been here for two turns; they could have welcomed me then and it would have made a world of difference." He shook his head. Bastards. "But it's okay. Now that you've come, I've seen everyone I want to see anyhow," he said, slowly smiling again. Khaduceth's warm reassurance lingered in the back of his mind.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by V'ler - 12.Jan.13, 03:10 AM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by T'lian - 12.Jan.13, 12:12 PM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by V'ler - 17.Jan.13, 04:04 AM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by T'lian - 17.Jan.13, 07:50 PM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by V'ler - 20.Jan.13, 10:17 PM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by T'lian - 22.Jan.13, 08:22 PM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by V'ler - 24.Jan.13, 02:53 AM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by V'ler - 13.Jan.13, 03:31 AM
Re: A Long Time Coming [Valerian] - by T'lian - 13.Jan.13, 11:35 AM