World of Pern
[G] [P] [EVENT] 741.10.18 | Harmless Fun - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] [EVENT] 741.10.18 | Harmless Fun (/showthread.php?tid=4701)

741.10.18 | Harmless Fun - V'lis - 23.Oct.20

Corvilis grinned as he looked around the bustling crowds of people at the Gather. This was a great idea. Sure he was trying to stay out of trouble, but with this many people, this far from home, the odds of him getting caught doing anything were quite slim. Even so, with B'kitt along for some company, he wouldn't do anything overt. Instead he thought of a clear mental image of the stash he'd set up for them to dump any treasures they collected in and then gave Sky and Fern a pat on the head. "Go have fun." He watched the pair flutter and dart about for a moment before they quickly disappeared from view to go find anything shiny and small enough to catch their eye to steal.

"Hopefully they're good," he said aloud to himself. "A lot of people and things to distract themselves with. Should be fine though, everyone loves a party with fire lizards." Corvilis turned to B'kitt and grinned. "Your Erebuth's a lot stronger than he looks. Quite the tough little guy, must have picked it up from you." As worried as he'd been about the trip over on the scrawny dragon he was careful to keep any comments that could have been even remotely construed as negative to himself. He'd seen men get into enormous fights if they thought their favorite dogs were insulted, he couldn't imagine how protective a dragonrider would be. So for now he was twisting as much towards the positive as he could to keep the rider's good side.

"Your dragon have any special treats he likes to eat? We could find a food stall, grab him something, maybe a snack for the fire lizards too if we're feeling generous. Then who knows, we could walk around, maybe find some lovely people to distract ourselves with... oh wait, you have a person. We could get him a gift and me some distractions. Or we could just see where our feet take us and enjoy the day. You have any preferences, B'kit?"

RE: 741.10.18 | Harmless Fun - B'kit - 28.Oct.20

B’kit grinned back after watching the firelizards dart off with Nutmeg hot on their tails. “Nutty at least is usually pretty good. He tends to get bored and sneak off for cuddles with Re or one of my friends,” he said, using his nickname for the blue dragon.

Erebuth had been eager to prove himself after they’d gotten permission to ferry Corvilis as well. The tiny blue was all too aware of how fragile he looked and hated all the extra fuss in the weeks leading up to the Gather. But the promise of seeing friends and watching the bustle and merriment of it all more than made up for the hassle. If he’d noticed the fleeting dubious glance from Covilis when B’kit’s back was turned, Erebuth certainly hadn’t mentioned anything.

Kitt laughed at the comment. “Hardly! Erebuth’s been tough since he hatched.” He rubbed the blue’s eye ridge happily as he continued, “believe it our not, he was the sturdiest of the clutch when they hatched—though also terribly shy. Thankfully he’s become more gregarious over the past Turn; it would be a lot harder for him to hide behind me these days.”

“He likes all the fun new smells of Gathers, but I don’t usually let him sample anything. His stomach can be a bit delicate at times,” which was putting it mildly, but Erebuth hadn’t had one of those episodes in months now. Still, B’kit smiled. “I was thinking of getting some decorations to add to his harnessing though”

He couldn’t help another bright laugh at the suggestion and sudden slightly awkward amendment. “You could have just asked if you wanted a wingman,” he teased. “I’m always happy to help out in that regard,” B’kit said as they headed into the maze of stalls to browse.

RE: 741.10.18 | Harmless Fun - V'lis - 28.Oct.20

"Fern is lazy, but loves to beg. Sky... he's the bold industrious one, you've seen him when something catches his eye." Corvilis chuckled at the memory of the little blue getting caught red clawed as it were in B'kit's pockets. He enjoyed being able to brush the behavior off as fire lizards being fire lizards and not a trick that he'd been working to refine and encourage. Fern was lazy, but at least in her laziness she tended to get bigger things she thought he would appreciate more, get the trick over and done with so she could get her treats and pats. Sky was just enthusiastic, proactive in trying to earn Corv's praise, and he was sure there would be a little hoard of treasures for him to sift through once he checked on the stash later.

The comment about Erebuth being the sturdiest of his clutch surprised Corvilis enough that he paused. That certainly must have been an... interesting hatching. He wondered what had happened to result in such an unhealthy litter, a poor choice in breeding partners? Sickness of the eggs or mother while she was carrying them? He kept the questions to himself for the moment, maybe he would ask his teacher later. For now he just nodded and gave the blue an appraising look. "Well it sounds like you were lucky then if you got the sturdiest one out of the bunch, pick of the litter as it were. Maybe I'll get lucky when I go to the hatching and get the toughest one there too. Though I suppose that probably is not how things work for dragons, since the dragons do the picking. Still, you seem a lucky man. What sorts of decorations are we looking for? Something nice and dangly that catches the light? Could get something in a light bright blue to accent his hide."

Corvilis smiled as he looked around the stalls, both keeping an eye out for any suitable decorations to point out to B'kit, but also for anyone who looked like they had potential to be a bit of fun. "I'm sure you'd make an excellent wingman. I could just have you sing and lure all the pretty ones in for me. But shopping first so that I don't get too distracted."