World of Pern
[G] [C] 740.07.25 | Just a Little Nightmare - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] 740.07.25 | Just a Little Nightmare (/showthread.php?tid=4488)

740.07.25 | Just a Little Nightmare - Mylorah - 27.Jul.19

Mylorah was currently curled up in someone else’s bed. Normally that would be a cause for excitement but nothing about what she had recently been through deserved any sort of celebration.

After she was excused from the Touching, Mylorah thanked her friends for their assistance during her meltdown and politely declined Misharan’s offer of joining some of them for some good old therapeutic group sex. Other than the fact that she thought it might be awkward with her there and she didn’t want to make her best friend uncomfortable, she just wasn’t in the mood.

How could she be with the memories of the landslide so vivid? And the way the dragonet’s assault on her mind had her convinced her brain was melting out her ears and blood everywhere and… oh it was horrible and she still held her head a bit as she headed for a place she knew no one would bother her. It was the downside to living in a shared room with three other girls but at least she knew people with their own weyrs.

Of course she thought about F’drel, a wonderful man and a solid rock when needed but she didn’t want to be a constant burden on him and run to him when she needed something. Besides, he didn’t live through the landslide and while Mylorah was convinced he had his own demons to battle, he both didn’t need another one and wouldn’t fully understand the trauma.

T’ryn was next on the list, her sweet brother that was also always there for support despite his own issues. But again, she didn’t want to bother him and he had almost lost his own life and that of his best friend so she didn’t want to stir up his own memories.

So of course she ended up outside N’mor’s weyr and she felt like a complete bitch. He had almost died, lost an arm, and suffered just as much as the rest of them. How could she go and unload her horrible experience on him? The only reason she still knocked on his door was because she knew N’mor could handle it. She fully believed he had a sensitive side that he didn’t show anyone and her visit might upset him some but he would also hold it together and even tell her to pull herself together and she kind of wanted that tough love.

N’mor didn’t fail either. After she started crying upon seeing him and explained everything that had happened at the Touching from what she saw to Thallyath’s anger and Mizeath coming in to save the day, her friend had made her a mug of mulled wine to help calm her and she sat sipping the drink. Z’rin, bless his kind soul, had excused himself soon after her arrival wanting to give them time alone. She wouldn’t have minded him staying but he was still a bit awkward around some of N’mor’s friends and no doubt he had his own memories he didn’t want resurfacing.

N’mor had sternly told her it was all in her head and nothing could be done about the past. She nodded and listened to that tough love she wanted, finished her drink, and managed a smile when N’mor offered up the bed that belonged to Z’rin’s daughter when she came to visit. Mylorah even managed to get in some teasing about it being the only surface in his weyr that hadn’t been fucked on and that had helped her move on a bit more.

She also had managed to give N’mor a soft kiss to the lips as a thank you. It wasn’t anything romantic or inviting him to take more as she knew her friend wasn’t into women and had his heart locked down by Z’rin. But it was one of her strongest ways of showing her love and appreciation, even if he’d probably go scrub his lips with soap once out of sight.

Despite the events of the day, Mylorah thought she would collapse right into sleep, exhausted from all the emotions but she was still lying on her side, back to the door in case N’mor peeked in. Maybe she should have taken up the offer for a dose of fellis to help calm her when it had been offered at the Touching. She had only declined because fellis sometimes gave her nightmares and she didn’t want to add to what was already going to be in her head when sleep did take her. Perhaps that was why she couldn’t let herself drift off then. She should have taken the damn fellis.

With a sigh, she sat up, looking around for something. She didn’t know what she wanted or needed until she heard N’mor in the kitchen. “Nem?” She hardly ever used that nickname, having always felt it was more T’ryn’s and personal but she liked it and how it represented a closeness to the bronzerider and that was what she wanted right then.

When he came in, Mylorah patted the space beside her and asked him if he was free for some cuddling. She was just thinking it was a shame that R’dal lived in Fort since he was always available for such things, especially since N’mor rolled his eyes and walked out of the room. She should have figured that would be the result and she sighed again, debating if she should face the world instead of trying to sleep.

Then N’mor returned with another mug of that wonderful mulled wine which she gratefully took and almost burst into tears again as he laid down beside her. He was a good kid and she wished more people saw that but she also knew N’mor did his best to come off as an aloof and arrogant bronzerider.

As she was finishing the mug, N’mor confessed to spiking it with a bit of fellis and she laughed. “Jerk. But don’t blame me if I accidentally punch you in my sleep as I fight off the nightmares.” She set the mug down and then snuggled up with N’mor, already feeling the drowsiness taking over and feeling safe with a friend nearby.

“Don’t let me sleep forever or you might have me here until morning,” she mumbled against his chest, already fighting to keep her mouth moving enough to make clear enough words. “And if you guys wake me up with any loud sexy times, just know I’m going to join in.” Mylorah tried to threaten him and tease him at the same time but it probably didn’t work as the words came out slow and a bit jarbled.

Then she was asleep.