World of Pern
[G] [C] 739.05.24 | Second letter from dad - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] 739.05.24 | Second letter from dad (/showthread.php?tid=4062)

739.05.24 | Second letter from dad - S'oll - 29.May.18

It was odd, the feeling of the eggs against his hand and the minds of the soon to hatch dragons never seemed to fade fully from his mind. And yet he longed to try and do it again, the experience had been amazing and breathtaking. Not to mention the constant buzz of chit-chat from the candidates. Mostly about the eggs and the possible dragon colors. He even heard some betting here and there, he not really listen in close nor really bother to find out if he was among the once betted on. He did honestly not care what he impressed, he was pretty sure he be happy with anything... Or maybe not green. Not because they were the lowest rank but because they were female. Having a female being in his head just seemed to strange.

Heading out from dinner he walked towards the barracks, Hunter draped lazily over his shoulders. Arriving at his current living quarters he was relatively surprised to see a letter and a not on his bed. The not just read an apology from one of the candidates who gotten his leter, and been unable to find him. While the envelope was sealed with his father's seal. Sighing he sat down on the bed and open to letter eye moving over the lines.

Siroll
I have been informed that the hatching is nearing, and I wish you luck. But also write to inform you that I will be coming to the weyr to watch the hatching along with your younger brother. As he still wishes to try and gain access to candidacy. Seeing that watching a hatching might help him find more determination to work towards it we will be arriving along with others to see it.

I do hope you understand that your position as a member of my family my household still holds strong even if you are now a candidate. I wish for you to be a big man who will bring honor to me and your siblings. After all what greater honor the to have a bronze rider among or bloodline?

That said bronze is a rank of great power, I will make this clear My son, you are to set your eyes high. While you are not my hair, nor my wife's child I must inform you that I will see my name or blood disrespected by my son riding something as laughable as a female dragon. A mere breeding horse, who can't even reproduce. Set your eyes high my son, make me proud.

I'm however am happy to hear you have impressed a flitter, I'm excited to see him once I arrive at the weyr. Or with a returning letter after the hatching.

You father
Lord Lorser, Kroon Hold

The candidate's eye just stared at the letter in disbelief, honestly? This was all the old man had to say? Knowing his dad, and how lords valued family name and wroth he doubted his dad would even accept him on a blue. He rumbles som faul curses under his breath as he crumbles the paper up and flopped down onto his back Hunter screeching in protest as he took to the wing. Not to mention his ass of a brother was gonna be there.

How he just looked forward to the aftermath of the hatching now, hopefully, he be able to face it with a dragon by his side. No matter his or her hide color, hell a green would be amazing. If to have her help tell his brother and dad to piss off.

At least he would only have to face them for one day and hopefully only for a few hours.