World of Pern
[D] An Ode to Evil - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Character Development (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Forum: Character Diaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=159)
+---- Thread: [D] An Ode to Evil (/showthread.php?tid=2761)

An Ode to Evil - J'ver - 20.Oct.14

Plotting and scheming all the way to the top
Blackmailing and backstabbing there's no way to stop
Sewing and gardening and clean dragon wings
These are a few of my favourite things.

Re: An Ode to Evil - J'ver - 20.Oct.14

01.06.235AL

I've heard more grumblings of late. I think someone is stirring the pot yet again amongst the bronzeriders and their sympathizers. I admit, it has been hard to keep the press about S'kef clean given past actions and mysterious circumstances surrounding the attack on D'ren and who did it. It was convenient that T'shiro was a nuisance bronzerider since it helped paint brownriders in a better light for a while but their aggressive nature has not been something greenriders appreciate and they're chatty little things that spread far too much gossip.

It's a good thing I have options growing. I could attempt to sway those under my influence to continue loudly supporting S'kef since he is the one that brought us home again and is a man of action but I feel like that isn't the smartest move anymore.

I have dirt on some of the louder bronzeriders and sway with some others. I can control their actions and words and when it is time to jump ship due to S'kef's leadership crumbling, I will be able to back the best candidate to replace him.

It is unfortunate considering current arrangements but it must be done. Feelings have been holding me back. Blinding me. I need to look out for myself, as I have always done, if I wish to continue being among the top of the food chain. I have no desire to be down in the gutter again because of Rilaleeyth's hide. Holders respect bronzeriders, they always have and they always will. Dragonriders and Holders alike have been trained to know bronze is the ruling colour and most respected. It is foolish of me to continue clinging onto a brown for status.

A'dris: His dragon adores Rilaleeyth and his view of what it proper may work to advantage.
M'ris: I suspect he is part of the uprising problem. He had a strong voice in the past but I can use it now.
J'zek: In time. Newly Impressed but he is hungry for power and will be easy to mould.
N'vian: Possibly a waste of time given his past adventures but he is smart. He is also easily manipulated when it concerns his twin.
N'kal: He is a hard one to figure out. Likely also a waste of time but I will need to observe him a bit more.
R'nya: The man doesn't even like being a Wingleader (I suspect he passes a lot of the work off on D'hys) but I may be able to gain his cooperation in supporting another bronzerider. He is a traditionalist and he will not be able to abide following a brownrider for much longer. The way to him may be through his girls. Rhaedalyn? Ameris?

Re: An Ode to Evil - J'ver - 17.Jan.15

Finally. It doesn't help that my sweet girl doesn't fly as much as some of the green hussies out there or that she is usually caught by Tyrrisath (or Aveleth if he's in the area and has his balls on for the day).

Yes, finally, that handsome young bronzerider has fallen into my bed and our dragons had time to bond after their flight to help sweeten the deal.

A'dris is still suspicious of me, no doubt thanks in part to whisperings from the likes of B'jin and some others who don't appreciate my survival tactics but he did at least hear me out.

He was careful with his words, likely afraid it was a trap to focus S'kef's wrath on him, but he did manage to hint that protocol was there for a reason and if it worked in the past for one lifetime after another, than it was likely wise to go back to such a system.

In other words, he isn't entirely sure he's fond of a brownrider in charge either. I suppose that also means he's been hanging around bronzeriders too much since Impressing and less with his little friends that ended up on blues and greens but no matter. It serves me better this way. He understands how Weyrs work now and who should be in charge and who the commonfolk in Holds and Halls admire and would be more willing to cooperate with. His friends being of lower colours may mean he's more inclined to see them do well, which in turn means he'd be willing to listen to me, someone who knows the game and status quo of everything.

Now, to start working on S'kef and the idea that sending bronzeriders off to be in charge of some of the other Weyrs to get them cleaned up and running again is something to be put into motion. He'll think they're all still answering to him without any power of their own, but I'll have helped select who to send and vouch for their loyalty (to me). The bronzeriders can work on swaying the wings sent with them and I'll push the strongest candidate amongst them to overthrow my dear S'kef.

It's going to happen whether I help it or not so it's better that I have a hand in my fate and guide it to something far more comfortable.

Re: An Ode to Evil - J'ver - 13.Dec.15

The pawns are finally in place and the real game is about to begin.

S'kef has been good to me over the years with keeping me living comfortably and not bothered by those who think they outrank me. Not to mention the amazing sex with him.

But I've been having some amazing sex with some other men over the months as part of the strategy to get my way and soon they'll be taking better care of me thanks to the pretty bronze hide of the dragons they ride.

I suppose I should feel some remorse for the man I sometimes think I do love but it's not my fault he only Impressed to a mere brown and the world and I prefer much shinier objects.

But in the end, I'm only remorseful it took me this long to corrupt some bronzeriders to my way of thinking and find the powerful ones to latch onto.