World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Colors [D'hys]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
What do you think this is?

Niskziath was currently as far away from her bonded as she would ever be. She was rather attached to V'zire's side, unless he was actually talking to someone. Only then did she give him and his friends proper space! She was a polite Green, after all. The sleek Green dragon was currently at the Hunting Ranges, staring intently at the ground. Her forelegs tried to grasp the object in question, but to no avail. After a few moments, she sent her bonded a mental image of what she had obtained... and just couldn't carry. Niskziath was worried about putting strange things into her mouth.

'Ummm, sweetie, that's a rock.' V'zire was all the way in the Dining Hall. The friendly greenrider took a seat by himself, not at all bothered that no one was talking with him. V'zire was the type of man who simply enjoyed being in the presence of others. He knew how to contribute to conversation, but for the most part he smiled, and when asked a question eagerly answered. He was undeniably sweet, and almost exactly like his dragon except for the fact that he was... much smarter.

But it is so colorful! No, it can't be a simple rock! I think it is an egg. What if a Gold bird hatches from it and I Impress it? The rock in question was only tinted pink, but for Niskziath this was a remarkable difference that just had to be noted! The Green sounded positively excited with her find, and V'zire just didn't have it in him to tell her that she was completely incorrect.

'Nisk... it's really a rock. But, if I think a Gold bird was to hatch from it, I do not believe it would Impress to anyone. Besides, you have me, why would you want to have another creature?' The tenderest smile curled his lips, and while he was partially crushing Niskziath's fleeting hopes and dreams, he sent her reassuring vibes to make up for it. In a few minutes, the dragon would be wondering about some other fantastical thing. She had quite the imagination, and little motivation, so he imagined there was not much else she wanted to do but make things up.

I would like to have two yous. Then one of you can bathe me, and the other can scratch my eye ridge and ooo! The Green crooned sweetly as she finally, and by some miracle, managed to scoop the small rock onto her toes. I do not think I can carry this home. Will you come pick it up for me later? She had already dropped it, to her greatest dismay.

'Sure, sweetie!' She'd likely forget about it by then, and V'zire would still fetch it for her. He wouldn't dare lie to his dragon, even if she was incapable of determining if he was. So, later he'd be sure to try and find it, though he imagined Niskziath would be of little help by then. 'Where exactly is it?' He better find out now before it was too late.

By a really big rock! And then there's this pointy rock to the other side that I almost stepped on.

Oh... well, okay, he was doomed. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself, sometimes his dragon was just too endearing!
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D’hys was in the mood for a game but he couldn’t decide what he wanted to play and who he wanted to use as the pawn. There were several still lined up that he wanted to get to but the timing just wasn’t right. B’jin was, naturally, at the top of the list but as much as he hated to say it, D’hys knew he had waited too long on making his move with that one and would likely have to wait a bit longer for a proper opening. He loved a good challenge but it was rather clear that B’jin and R’nd were too wrapped up in their relationship to truly consider outside influences trying to steal one or the other away for amusement and bragging rights. Perhaps that game could start a little early with some strategies being laid out with casual encounters to weaken B’jin’s defences. Yes, that could kill some time.

As he strolled through the Dining Hall with a plate of lunch, gray gaze sweeping over the milling about group for someone he wanted to spend some time with, D’hys realised luck was smiling down on him like usual when an adorable young greenrider sitting alone came into view. That’s one of Z’ia’s old classmates, isn’t it? What’s his name again? D’hys could remember people when he wanted and had a surprisingly good grasp on knowledge about greenriders in particular since chasing them was such a fun sport and collecting them all was a fun hobby but the younger ones were still a bit fuzzy around the edges. Niskziath’s rider, V’zire. And no, we have not chased them before. She’s… whimsical, if I want to be nice, but otherwise, she’s fairly stupid.

Even better!

D’hys was fine with repeats – some had definitely earned a spot amongst his favourite partners – but a new challenge was what he craved and the little greenrider that he hadn’t chased before and, if he recalled correctly from Z’ia gossiping about his classmates, V’zire was naïve, a sucker for love, and hard to just toss into bed. It was exactly what he was after. When he started smiling to himself – and what a sweet little smile it was, too – D’hys knew he was talking to his dragon and it was the perfect time to slide in while the man was distracted.

“Hey, V’zire, right?” D’hys moved to stand behind the bench across the table from V’zire and offered his own sweet smile. He was a predator, there was no denying that, but he was a hidden one that struck when it was too late to run for safety and playing up kindness always won people over. “What has you in such a good mood? Oh, sorry. Do you mind if I join you?” D’hys set his tray down and quickly made his calculated apology that would have it seem like he was used to joining friends or striking up a conversation with anyone and sitting down without worrying about intruding. Except, this time he was worried; or so he’d lead on for now.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Niskziath was running a very lengthy list of an area description to him when D'hys slipped over to his table. V'zire was not expecting company, but he couldn't recall anything negative about the bluerider to make his company unwanted! V'zire knew most people by name, but he actually didn't know people. He was a bit of a social butterfly, and while gossip flittered to his ear every now and then, he couldn't recall D'hys' name following such rumors. "Oh, hello D'hys!" he greeted with ease. He actually hadn't socialized with the bluerider before, but to recall the man's name was an easy thing.

There is a pointy green leaf right next to it, if that helps! Niskziath was still going off in his head, but he ushered her words to the back of his mind so he could focus his attention on D'hys. "I don't mind if you join me, I wasn't expecting anyone else." V'zire rarely sat on his own. He had a group of greenriders that he loved to hang around. They were gossipy and very amusing! He'd sometimes sit with R'nd too, but the man was fairly tied down with B'jin, and V'zire did not want to be a nuisance. He thought it was wonderful that R'nd and B'jin were together! It gave him some faith that maybe he could find someone that was a good match for him. Not that his current... semi-partner wasn't bad! They were just attached to someone else. V'zire was a third wheel, and it was almost tragic that he didn't seem to mind.

"Niskziath is just being amusing. She wants me to pick something up for her but her directions are usually... fairly horrendous. If she had it her way she'd sleep on a pile of odds and ends she has me fetch for her." V'zire had no reason to be wary of D'hys. He was genuinely excited that someone was going to sit and chat with him. The greenrider was just about this friendly to everyone he met, so there was no reason for him to act any different to the bluerider. "How is Zeianth?" he inquired sweetly. Niskziath did not need to fill his head with information about the pair - V'zire likely remembered far more than she did.

"I'm sorry, actually. I think I should have caught up with you myself now that we've been assigned to the same wing. I need to catch up with everyone, really. I'm probably better off knowing all my wingmates." Now, he did feel a little bad for not going out of his way to see D'hys sooner. He'd made the poor bluerider chase him down for conversation. With how social V'zire was, it was a wonder how he hadn't gotten around to actually having conversation with D'hys. The bluerider was hard to locate! Or well, they didn't hang around with the same people. V'zire would have to amend that.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys gave a genuine laugh of amusement at Niskziath’s whimsies, finding the various quirks of the dragons to often be amusing. He had been born and raised in a weyr and his dear mother had been a greenrider as well so he knew exactly how the females could get and always found the sillier ones to be oddly endearing. However, he was ridiculously glad he had such a calm blue that was so relaxed and aloof his personality often matched that of his icy hide. “At least you know you’re never bored with Niskziath. Zeianth would be happy to go to her and help with directions. He’s also well, thank you for asking.” A kind smile was given to V’zire and a mental snort to his dragon who didn’t overly like the idea of being volunteered like that.

If I must, came the eventual reply, laced with boredom. You must. It’ll do us both a world of help if you make friends with her. Besides, seduce her well enough and we’ll mess with their flights and V’zire’s perfect little weyrmate-mated-to-someone-else will have a fit his piece of tail on the side is taken from him. That was the right thing to say as Zeianth’s laughter hit him before the large blue took off to find the silly green.

The fact that they were in the same wing – and V’zire hadn’t had time to track him or Z’ia down – was going to work wonderfully in his favour. It gave them more time together and since he already was focused on the drills and didn’t spend the entire practice goofing around, it would leave an even healthier impression on the gullible greenrider. “The fault is mine!” D’hys protested with a wave of a hand to stop V’zire from going down the path he was to blame. “I often chat with Z’ia or the other blueriders before practice begins and then I’m extremely focused on the drills of the day. I shouldn’t have waited so long to sit with you. Of course, you’re a rather popular man yourself, V’zire.”

He took a quick swig of his ale, purposely letting it be known there was something else on his mind but he wasn’t sure if it should be said or not before finally playing his next card, “I probably shouldn’t say this so early on in our first official conversation together… I probably shouldn’t say it all,” D’hys coyly ducked his head to stare at his food to add another hesitant pause before grey eyes slowly lifted back to V’zire and a warm smile was given, “I’m glad I finally managed to catch up to you while we’re both alone. I’ve had a feeling we would hit it off rather well. As friends, I mean!”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You're right. I never get bored now that I have her," he answered with a warm smile. V'zire tried not to dwell on every moment he spent with Niskziath, since he had company, but it was hard. She was a whimsical dragon, and it was not unusual for her to draw him in to her whimsies. "It's nice, while she's a little silly, she never really stresses me out." He had seen a few other riders struggle with dragons who were clearly more dominant. Niskziath never pained him, in fact, they were a perfect and neutral match. Their personalities only amplified their partner's instead of completely contradicting it. "Oh, no, Zeianth doesn't have to. Honestly, Niskziath won't remember what she wanted a day from now. I only like to go out of the way because... well, in the moment it's important to her." V'zire was a sucker, especially for his dragon.

I am giving you very nice directions. Zeianth can help if he wants, I do not mind help. Can I say hello?

'I'll ask him in a little bit. You know that most people don't want to have a distraction on top of the distraction of their own dragon.'

I know. That is why I was asking you to.

"N-no!" he momentarily stumbled over his own words, looking embarrassed at himself. "None of any supposed blame is your's, really. I usually go out of my way to talk to people, so it'd be more expected of me to at least give you a 'hello' every now and then." He really didn't think they should be squabbling over something so silly as trying to take the blame for not talking to each other sooner. They were talking now, weren't they? That solved the aforementioned problem. V'zire just refused to let D'hys take the supposed guilt! He wasn't a stubborn individual, however, and D'hys could probably distract him a little within the next few minutes from their current topic.

"Oh, I am hardly popular! I just like to talk, so I might be easy to recall? I don't know, I'm a far cry from popular." He wasn't popular like riders such as B'jin. Maybe it was because his dragon didn't fly nearly every other month? Not many people actually knew him. He was a familiar face, but when someone tried to remember specifics about him? Well... that's where most people would struggle. V'zire wasn't really memorable. He was just a pleasant face, and Katila certainly needed a few of those.

D'hys actions were setting off a little alarm bells in his head. He eyed the bluerider cautiously, from the slight bow of his head to the way D'hys' eyes glanced at him. V'zire was entirely uncomfortable with relationships, and had always felt like he should remain dedicated to the man who kept on winning Niskziath's flights... even if the said rider wasn't very dedicated to him. V'zire could understand that, really! He knew he wasn't as interesting as most people in Katila. The Weyr did seem to have a few eccentrics and a few crazies. In summary, V'zire did not consider himself 'available', and panicked every time someone seemed interested in him.

R'nd gave him heart attacks daily.

He visibly calmed when D'hys said 'friends', as if that made everything better. He was gullible enough to believe it, and he flashed the bluerider a happy smile. "I-I a-am glad too!" the stutter in his voice betrayed his previous discomfort. "You've always seemed fairly nice, and I... really would like to have you as a friend." V'zire was far too naive, and likely far too happy to have D'hys' attention.
Code:

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

"We're never going to get anywhere if we both insist we did something wrong by not saying 'hello' sooner, you know." D'hys chuckled with a slight shake of his head. V'zire was unbelievably adorable and sweet. The kindness that radiated off the man was genuine and it was odd to find someone so sincere and open like the greenrider. Of course he was still guarded in some ways since he didn't give in to any sort of flirtations -- blueriders did love to gossip! -- though that could possibly count as loyalty to the mated man V'zire felt was owed since he won Niskziath's flights. Such an odd man. An odd man that was going to prove to be a fun challenge. The sweet ones were always the most willing to trust and see the good in everyone before finally giving away their heart and a place in bed. D'hys had no need for a heart, though collecting the broken ones that had shattered as he left was fun, but he was all for claiming the bragging rights to getting V'zire to eat out of the palm of his hand and wrap his legs around his waist.

A few bites of food were taken before it got too cold but he was soon shaking his head again when V'zire tried to deny his standing within Katila. "I'd call that popular. If you liked to talk and no one liked to listen to it, then that would be another thing entirely but you have people that carry conversations with you and seem happy to see you approach. You shouldn't sell yourself short so much, V'zire." A little confidence-building was definitely in order for the road to victory to go off without a bump. He'd flatter and encourage the greenrider as often as possible without it coming across as forced or done in order to get something. Everything always came down to timing and D'hys would be careful with his.

"Anyway, shall we be a bit cheesy and toast to our friendship?" D'hys smiled cheerfully as he raised his mug anyway and waited for V'zire to follow suit. There wasn't a single thought about the greenrider doing otherwise given how he'd likely feel guilty for leaving him hanging over something so innocent. If D'hys could manage to get V'zire to loosen up enough to partake in silly gestures like toasting random things, then there was a strong chance it would carry over into other areas and he'd be willing to try other silly and innocent things. They were small steps, but steps that would build trust and maintain interest.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I know!" V'zire chirped happily, "I just didn't want to let you win that one." The greenrider was already warming up considerably to D'hys, but he was that way with everyone. The moment kindness was shown in his direction, he responded to it. D'hys had given him no reason to doubt his sincerity, and well, he was starting to have fun in the bluerider's presence. It was a shame that he hadn't taken the chance to talk to D'hys sooner, because he was sure they would have been good friends by now. But, they had plenty of time to do that, if D'hys really did like hanging out with him. V'zire couldn't help but have some self-doubt from time to time. He tended to think that he was not nearly as interesting as most people in Katila. D'hys looked like the type who was attracted to big personalities, and V'zire had a small one.

"O-oh, I'm not!" he protested with a little smile. V'zire had no idea why D'hys was flattering him so much, but it was really nice to be told that he was well liked. "I was just..." he paused, and that smile turned a little sheepish as he gave in, "okay." V'zire had a 'weaker' personality, where if pressured he seemed to cave. Well, cave in nearly every area that wasn't sex. That seemed to be the only place V'zire put his foot down. He was very awkward in rejecting people, but hardly incapable of it. He got embarrassed and flustered, but always managed to get the point across that he wasn't available. However, D'hys would soon enough discover just how easy it was to push V'zire around without offending the greenrider.

V'zire found toasting to their friendship to be a little silly, but he reacted to D'hys raising his mug anyways. He blushed with mild embarrassment over their cheesy actions, but went with the flow regardless. Extending his own mug, he lightly tapped it against D'hys'. "To new friendships? And umm, hopefully a lasting one!" He felt really stupid, but in a silly childlike way that made it acceptable. It was a little fun to be silly every once in a while! He brought his mug back to his lips, and took a sip of his cooling klah. He didn't even mind that klah tasted bad when it went cold, because right now he had company.
Code:

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)