World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

That Went Poorly [Sanderon]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It's all your fault. I think I hate you

Ilveriath was used to bearing such outbursts. A post-flight I'shan was every bit as snappy and unmanageable as any pre-fight greenrider. The blue stayed quiet, sailing through the air without comment as I'shan continued to bemoan his current condition.

Why her, Ilv? Out of every piece of tail in the Weyr, you chose her. Astoreth?! I don't think I'm going to walk right for a week, never mind my face I'shan continued bitterly. He'd been in a number of rough flights over the turn, but this one took the cake. A'liran was more than a wildcat, he was an outright devil. I'shan swore up and down that the green came at him like an animal, teeth gnashing and claws unsheathed. It's like the asshole wanted to hurt someone!

I cannot say anything greater than 'I am sorry', love Ilveriath reasoned sympathetically. He'd never won Astoreth before, and he'd hardly stopped to think of her reputation when she called out to him. He'd been...distracted. He certainly didn't expect the greenrider to beat the living shards out of his rider, though. Ilveriath regretted the situation, but he knew the best way to help now was to let his poor I'shan vent.

I'shan sulked quietly and nestled himself closer to the dragon's neck. Ilveriath reached out to Sanderon, whom Ilveriath and his rider were still required to monitor, and addressed him directly. I apologize for out tardiness. I'shan and I have been distracted this morning, but we are arriving now. You may come out and meetupthe dragon said apologetically. He landed and lowered his head, allowing I'shan to dismount and stand right in the doorway of the Weyrfolk hall.

I'shan was a mess. He sported a black eye and busted lip, along with numerous scratch and bite marks. He looked positively grouchy. "It's okay," he muttered, giving Ilveriath's nose the lightest pat. I'shan couldn't help but notice that Ilveriath had numerous scratch marks on his underside as well. I'shan's face softened. "I guess that bitch cut you up pretty good, too. Ugh." He hugged the dragon's nose, and Ilveriath purred.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Sanderon was irritable. I'shan and Ilveriath were to meet him a long while ago. Had he been forgotten? No. He couldn't be that fortunate. So what was keeping them, he wondered. As time passed, he actually found himself worrying slightly. Unbeknownst to himself on a conscious level, he had grown slightly attached to the crazy, emotional blue rider and his forgiving dragon. Being late was so unlike them.

Sanderon was nearly to the point in his thoughts that he surprised himself by pacing. He stopped immediately and attributed the action as boredom. Yes, he was not worried. He was.... He sighed irritably. Who was he kidding. He was worried.

When he finally heard Ilveriath's voice in his mind, he tried to relax. Pushing a hand through his hair, he turned his gaze to the door of his room and let his feet follow. Coming outside, he took one look upon Ilveriath's scratched up belly and turned to look next upon I'shan. Seeing the busted up bluerider, Sanderon's countenance began quite the visible transformation.

His eyes narrowed and grew very dark. A dangerous, feral look began to seep into his expression. With jaws tightening and hands slowly turning into fists, he took steps closer to I'shan and placed himself right in the bluerider's face.

"Who did this to you? I will kill them." His voice was very calm and quiet. But he was anything but calm. No, he would not kill. But he sure was of a mind to tear apart whoever had hurt his...friend.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh, shards. Oh shards, Sanderon looked angry! I'shan, cowed by everything as of late, let out a small 'yip' and stepped behind  Ilveriath's neck. It was more a startled response than true fear, but after his nasty tangle with A'liran, startling him wasn't difficult. The bluerider peered over his dragon's protective bulk, eyes wide and alert.

"Shards, man. I'm sorry I was so late," I'shan said, feeling safe enough to speak only with Ilveriath's neck between himself and the younger man. Again, it wasn't fear that Sanderon was going to murder him. It was emotional vulnerability. Of course, Sanderon was still awfully close, and he sounded so focused and outraged! I'shan swallowed nervously. "It was a flight. Ilveriath took off while I was getting ready to come over,"  I'shan muttered.

The bluerider's face suddenly twisted in realization. He looked down and scowled; the pants he was wearing were the wrong size, just a bit too small for him and meant for someone taller. Not only that, they were a hideous shade of dark green.

"Fuck," I'shan moaned, rubbing his face for a couple moments as he contemplated his error. He swore a couple more times before glancing back at Sand. "...I'm wearing the damn greenrider's pants. I wonder what else could have gone wrong with that," he muttered. He pointed to his face. "I have never seen a greenrider come at me like this before!" he said with obvious disbelief, as if he still couldn't make sense of what had happened.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seeing I'shan so startled, brought Sanderon to a halt. He was still steaming mad but certainly not towards I'shan. Having the man hide behind the neck of his blue caused Sand to look toward Ilveriath. Wondering if the dragon was listening to his thoughts still, he tried to send strongly, Ilveriath, who hurt you and your rider?

Hearing that it was because of a flight, all Sanderon could think was that a gang of bullies had tore into I'shan because the flight had not gone as they had wished. He was unaware that a flight itself could inspire this kind of violence. He knew the riders got all wonky, but this?

He was not only mad still but very confused as well. He hated being confused. It only fed his frustration. Before he knew what his mouth had said, he was hearing himself say, "You are my friend I'shan. I don't care what was the cause of this. I want to know who to tear apart."

Friend? Did he just call I'shan a friend? Unclenching his fists, he stepped back and shook his head a bit. The truth of it was there. Had he finally chosen a friend here? One that he would give his life for? Having Sanderon actually claim someone as a friend openly was a very rare event even before his capture and never afterwards.

Allowing himself a moment to accept this truth for himself, he did not deny it. Nodding decisively he took a step closer to Ilveriath and laid his hand gently upon the blue's neck. Though his eyes were still fired and dangerous, to I'shan, his voice softened slightly away from his calm 'feral' tone as he asked again. "Who did this to you?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Unfortunately, Ilveriath was too concerned with his own rider's distress to listen in on Sanderon. The dragon rumbled softly and lifted his neck to the young man's touch, but his yellow eyes remained fixed on I'shan. The dragon slowly backed up, removing himself from between the two humans, though his nose lingered close to give his rider some continuing comfort. I'shan frowned and threw his arms greedily around the dragon's nose.

"It was A'liran," I'shan said, eyes widening and becoming somewhat glassy as he spoke.  It may appear that he was on the verge of tears after mentioning the name of his attacker, but a single word from Sanderon contributed just as much. Did he say 'friend'? I'shan asked his dragon, slack-jawed and trembling thanks to both situations. He was  Sanderon's friend? After everything that had happened?

And did A'liran seriously get off on beating people up?!

Both streams of thought twined uncomfortably in the bluerider's mind, causing him to frown dramatically. "...A'liran of Astoreth," he clarified swiftly. Shards, he could hear it now...everyone was going to whisper that N'gelt was responsible, but shards! N'gelt would never, ever hurt I'shan! It seemed that only I'shan knew that, though. That wasn't a rumor he was looking forward to dealing with.

Ilveriath's forked tongue slipped out and lapped soothingly at I'shan's face. He appreciates your sentiment, though he is poor at showing it Ilveriath explained to Sanderon. And he speaks truthfully; Astoreth's is responsible, but he was lost to her mind when it occurred. Neither human is at fault for what was done. He didn't want to see Sanderon get in trouble for trying to attack  A'liran!

I'shan laughed weakly and pushed Ilveriath's nose away, face moist and hair even more ruffled. 'It's okay," he said, holding up one hand in a gesture of peace. "It's not the worst flight ever...I'm gonna be fine." Sniffle sniffle. "Thanks for worrying, though. I'm sorry I was late..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

As Ilveriath moved away from being between then, Sanderon kept his ground, giving I'shan his space. He watched as the man clung to his dragon's nose. It touched him how the pair was so close. His outward expression did not show this. Instead it remained as it was and waited for answers.

When the answer came, he was even more confused than before. "One person did this? A'liran?" Sanderon's brow creased with confused disbelief.

Part of him wanted to leave I'shan and Ilveriath right then and there. He would hunt up A'liran and give him a beating equal to I'shan's. He wanted to protect and ensure that this would not happen again. Hearing from Ilveriath that neither human was at fault stopped him from raging away for the punishment.

Having already taken a few steps, he stopped. He did not turn around right away. Instead he analyzed everything he had learned so far and his anger visibly fizzled. His shoulders became less intense. His fists relaxed and he could be seen slowly shaking his head as he tried to make sense of it all. Turning at last he took in Ilveriath's injuries and I'shan's too. A'liran could not possibly have injured Ilveriath. Only another dragon could. A flight?

"How is this," he gestures to the both of I'shan and his blue, "...possible? I don't understand."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Yeah," I'shan said wearily, a touch of embarrassment creeping into his tone. Weren't greenriders supposed to be soft and gentle or something like that? Nevermind the fact that blueriders were supposed to be dominant. I'shan didn't necessarily want to enforce those stereotypes, but a kiss on the cheek or something would have been sharding nice. A'liran didn't even say thank you, and how often did a bluerider feel like they were the ones entitled to such a gesture?! This was seriously screwed up.

"Ali is a greenrider in one of the light wings. He's kind of known for being a handful, but I don't really know him that well otherwise," I'shan said, pouting. He knew rumors of A'liran's ambitions, disparagingly called the 'greenrider revolution' by the other blueriders. Poor guy must have been eternally frustrated.

Still, I'shan scowled. "It's fucked up," he said, taking a step forward and leaning on Ilveriath with one elbow. The dragon rumbled and licked his rider's face once more. I'shan patted his nose and sighed. "It's...just how flights work sometimes," he said, tone softening and becoming thoughtful as he tried to think of the words to use. "Usually, a dragon and a rider are symbiotic...our minds mesh together, but we maintain distinction. We don't become one being or override each other's thoughts or anything, but you can always...feel them."

"It's usually pretty distinct...I can tell Ilv is sad, but it's not me. He can tell that I'm happy, and so forth. But when something really BIG happens, it runs out of control. It's like...it's like when Ilv gets hurt. I feel the pain so intensely and it feels so real that sometimes I think I'm the one that's hurt," he explained. "But emotions don't usually do that. If I get really really pissed off, Ilv may growl and snap and whatnot, but he's not going to go mental over it..."

The bluerider's face fell. 'Flights are different, though. It's the strongest instinct a dragon has, and once they're lost to it, we get lost to it, too. A'liran's green is really vicious. Ilveriath grabbed her before she wanted to be flown, so she clawed at him a little bit before they fell together. A'liran was so out of it that he came after me, because it was the same as Astoreth going after Ilveriath..."

He frowned indignantly. "A'liran hates blueriders, though. I doubt he did much to hold himself back." Jackass.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When I'shan began to explain to him how exactly a bond with a dragon worked, Sanderon paid attention. He hung on every word and really tried to see exactly what the rider meant. It was very difficult, not having anything to reference it too. If or when he was chosen by a dragon, perhaps he would fully understand then. What brought his heart an extra thump of relief was again hearing that the chosen rider's mind was still his own.

When he spoke of the rider sharing the dragon's pain, he cringed and clearly remembered the cry I'shan gave when Sanderon had shot off that 'arrow of distraction' and hit Ilveriath. Had I'shan felt the arrow going into his own shoulder? Closing his eyes he continued to listen, though it pained him to do so.

He opened his eyes again after a time but now looked upon the ground as he listened. It was very interesting to hear about the bond, the green rider and his views towards blues and the mentality during flight. A glowbasket suddenly opened wide in his mind and for the very first time, he could see clearly.

Putting his gaze upon I'shan and Ilveriath he said almost incredulously, "When they fly for mating the dragons go completely instinctual without much or any reasoning. And the riders' minds become their dragons. They act instinctively too but according to what their dragons are experiencing and not themselves."

The hint of an incredulity entered his eyes and turned his mouth up in a strange smile. "I finally get it. No wonder you are all messed up. Ilveriath couldn't keep his talons to himself. Pretty girl too much for him."

Was Sanderon actually chuckling now? Oh, it sure would appear that way.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan noticed the cringe, but he was too lost in his own thoughts to process it. Ilveriath seemed to pick up on it more. The sensitive dragon enjoyed lingering close to those he'd selected. He found them all so very interesting. He crooned lightly to Sanderon, as trying to subtly encourage him and ease any concerns over the long-forgotten pain. Ilveriath could only remember it through I'shan's memory, and the bluerider had a way of simply getting over things like pain. He handled it extremely poorly in the short term, but in the long term, it was lost to him. Much like a dragon, I'shan lived in the present.

When Sanderon's expression changed, I'shan was initially pleased. He smiled, only to have it fade with tragic speed as Sanderon spoke up.

Sand was...making fun of him?

I'shan's eyes widened in dramatic sadness. "It's not funny!" he protested indignantly, in a way that made it seem very funny indeed. The bluerider huffed once and buried his face in Ilveriath's neck. "And she was NOT too much for him! She'sjust sharding mean!!" the bluerider protested.

Ilveriath seemed more amused. He rumbled lightly before speaking. Astoreth is not 'mean' he corrected brightly, his words audible for Sanderon as well. She is spirited. There is a difference. A'liran, however, could potentially be considered 'mean'. It was a very dry joke, and I'shan didn't seem to get it.

"Of COURSE he's mean! He's a watch wher!" he whined. Ilveriath rumbled again before turning his head to the man and licking him once more. I'shan's hair was a true mess.

"Ugh!" I'shan grunted as he pulled away. He looked back to Sanderon and fought the urge to pout. "So yeah. that's...that's the story of my day so far."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon found that he rather enjoyed Ilveriath's croon. It was a little soothing. His small attempt at humor to make the pain less dramatic, was an utter failure. Cutting off his chuckle, he schooled his expressions again into a passive one. Feeling denied of his humor, a defensive mechanism he had not tried in many years, he went back to what he knew well. Anger.

He listened to Ilveriath. He listened to I'shan. And in the end, he grew determined to confront this green rider A'liran. Come what may, he hoped he could say or do something that might help.

With a long, studying look upon the blue pair before him, he at long last nodded silently, turned around and headed away from them to find this 'mean, not-mean' greenrider.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)