World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

A stitch in time [I'shan]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin sent a message to I'shan threw Lana hopeing that he would meet him at the crafthall. He had finished that blue jacket he had been working on right before the hatching and wanted to give it to him as soon as possible. He was very proud of his workmanship and how similar it was to the orginal that he had loved so much.  He even lined it with soft leather inside to make it more comfortable to wear everyday but durable on the outside for the normal wear and tear.  He smiled when Lana popped back in minus he note he had given her and feed her a treat  clause popped in a moment later after her and he gave him a small treat as well and Lana landed on his shoulder and curled into his neck. 

Araith was sleeping right now and he was gonna join her as soon as he meet with I'shan while he still had time to sleep but he wanted to get this done and see his freind and talk a little so it was worth lossing a little sleep over. Or at least Seijin believed it to be.

Claus flutted about  the rafters holding his prize and looking around. Seijin wondered if he was looking for Squee cause they played before with Lana. He looked again at the jacket  brushing off the sleeve and admiring the color it really turned out quite lovely he hoped I'shan would love it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Squee appeared first. The tiny beast appeared from between, chittering excitedly as he darted towards his fellow brown. The message had been received, but Squee wasn't well trained enough to properly deliver a reply. He appeared just the same, excited to have someone to play with.

I'shan was surprised to receive the message. He'd seen Seijin at the hatching, and he honestly expected the new weyrling would be too tired to worry about leatherworking after all that! Of course, I'shan had been a relentless ball of energy for most of his life, including the day of  his Impression, so perhaps it wasn't so crazy! Upon getting the note, he dismissed himself from the somewhat-clingy greenrider he was gossiping with and took off for the craft hall.

Seijin Impressed a cute little green! I wonder why he left her all alone, though

Surely she is sleeping now. Some of the weyrlings are visiting friends elsewhere as well Ilveriath pointed out as they landed. I'shan was almost disappointed at the location; he'd rather have met Seijin at the Weyrling Barracks so he could meet the new baby green!

Meh, B'jin probably wouldn't have liked that anyhow.

"Hello!" I'shan piped as he entered the room, having left Ilveriath outside. Squee chirped happily in greeting, darting across the room to loop around the bluerider's head. I'shan giggled, then turned his full attention on Seijin. "Congratulations! I didn't get to see her up close, but she looked great..."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled as he saw Squee appear  he knew that if Squee was here that meant that I'shan wasn't that far behind him. He smiled ever brighter as the firelizards began to play together up in the rafters chasing each other mostly. Lana chirped softy and he smiled. " Its ok you can play too. " no sooner were the words past his lips that she joined in and he had to chuckle softly. He watched them for a little while till he heard the sound of wings.

" I'shan " Sejin went out and waved as I'shan slid from the back of his dragon.  He stood by the entrance and smiled brightly he was so excited to have finished the jacket right before the hatching and only had to deliver it now.He would of delivered it sooner but the hatching kindof delayed it. But he knew that I'shan wouldn't mind the slight delay specially with how lovely  Seijin though the color turned out.  " I'm sorry I didn't get this to you sooner I'shan but I had important things come up. "

His smiled changed to one of pure bliss as I'shan mentioned Impression to his beloved green Araith. "Thank you I'shan." He said softly and surprised the bluerider with a big hug.  " She would love to meet you, course right now she sleeping like a baby. But then she pretty much is a baby." He chuckled softly. "She's so delightful I can't wait to have you meet her. She the most wonderful thing in the world. I just know you'll love her. And she just has to meet Ilveriath as well. Cause he is the best blue that I know and one of the most prettiest. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Squee was wass over the rafters, darting about and squeaking as he chased and was chased by the other fire lizards. His eyes whirled with excitement, both his own and his bonded's, as I'shan slipped into the room.

The bluerider greeted Seijin with a tight hug. "Dude," I'shan said, shaking his head as a smug grin crossed his face. "You got nothing to worry about...I'd say this is a fair interruption," he said, jerking his thumb in the general direction of the weyrling barracks. "You don't even have to take the time to do this now, man! I'm not important, you have a dragon now!"

He was pleased just the same. He inspected the jacket, smiling wide as he observed every small detail. It was perfect to the stitch, and it had such a wonderful texture. He lifted it in both hands, holding it up before sliding it on. Perfect fit!

"This is excellent, kiddo. What do  I owe you?" I'shan asked. He smiled back at Seijin, but as excited as he was about the jacket, he was having a hard time keeping all his questions under wraps, too. "Oh, shards! What's the little green's name?" he asked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin shook his head " Thats not true your very important. To many people I might add and to your own dragon for sure your most important to him.  I'm So glad that you like it. Please try it on I wanna make sure everything is perfect.  " Seijin said softly. " Well the orginal deal was hanging out and dinners think you still can handle that with my  random and full schedule." He grinned softly. He loved spending time with the bluerider and wanted to spend more.

He glanced up and watched the firelizards playing they look so cute  playing tag the three of them. Course he wondered if someday that Squee and Claus might be competing with each other when Lana gets old and is able to mate.  He already knew that her two favorites were Claus and Squee those the ones she had spent the most time with before.

He wondered Vaguely if Araith would be the same way. Picking a preference from the  ones she knew when she took flight the first time. He was glad though he had a lot of time before that happened and lots to learn still yet. Seijin knew he would add I'shan to that list if he had one for it in the future. He brushes his hair back away from his face tring to switch the thoughs going threw his mind. He was thankful that I'shan changed the topic on his mine by asking about Araith.

"Her name is Araith, and she's the mostly love wonderful little green I have ever meet. She is quite talkative and loves meeting people.  Its like she loves everything and everyone. Its quite refreshing really. " Seijin gushed  he didn't realize that maybe he was being just as talkative as she was. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Araith, huh?" I'shan asked. Of course, he could have simply asked Ilveriath, but it was more fun to ask the new rider himself. They were always so proud of their new bonds, and it seemed like this one was no different. I'shan wouldn't have expected any less. Seijin was gentle-natured and genuinely enthusiastic about dragons. It was a shame more of the kids weren't. I'shan sorely hoped for a Weyr where such would be the case again, where becoming a rider was an honor and where every candidate was pleased with the opportunity presented.

"She sounds like a real sweety," I'shan commented, pausing once more to admire the jacket. The seams were firm and the sleeves were the perfect length. The overall quality was excellent, and it really did look very much like the original. This meant the original could be properly enshrined and he could finally wear something nice to parties again! Like the party he was planning on attending later that very evening, for example! He'd mention it, of course, but he knew the twins wanted to keep the new weyrlings out of it. Besides, Seijin had something much more important to worry about.

"I guess she's asleep right now? You're gutsier than me. I wouldn't leave Ilveriath when he was born, not for a minute! the bluerider crowed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled softly and leaned up and kisses I'shan softly on the cheek.  " I am glad that you like it.  You are right , she is sleeping now and I really probably should be sleeping myself. But I really wanted to see you and make sure I got the jacket to you.  After all fine things are meant to be admired. And there won't be anything finer or worth admiring then you in that jacket. With the excepted of a tiny little green sleeping beauty. " Seijin winked playfully. "  Maybe later on you can come by and  formally meet Araith I'm sure she would love it greatly. Though be prepared to do a lot of listening she's a right talker my beloved is.  "

Seijin hid a yawn behind his hand. He was starting to get sleepy himself he knew that he would join Araith shortly in dreamland but right now  his mind was full and his heart busting. "  She ate good and went out like a spent glow I don't think she gonna move a inch until morn. But your right I should head back.  I've been away to long already. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan flushed with pride, wrapping his arms around himself for a long moment as he thought back to his own Impression. He loved seeing kids like Seijin, who loved their new companion in spite of the horrible things they'd been put through to meet them. It made the bluerider feel a bit less guilty about his own hand in the whole project. It was heartwarming, and it would help him sleep well tonight.

Of course, the compliment wasn't lost on him, either. He looked back at the new weyrling, smirking appreciatively after the kiss. "You're gonna be a good partner for her. You two are in for a lot of amazing things, you know?" he said, holding one hand out to lightly set it on the young man's back and usher him towards the door. '"C'min, let's get you back to her. Ilv and I can carry you." It wouldn't hurt to drop the young man off before going out. Besides, the young man must have been exhausted! No need to make him walk.

"You need to get used to riding anyhow, don't ya?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I know its gonna be interesting Amazing and probably sometimes frustrating. But I'm sure we will rise to the occassion and show a bit of Amazing ourselves. " Seijin smiled softly.  He let I'shan propel him to the door Seijin just had to smile at the though of the blue rider tucking him in. " A ride would be lovely, I am starting to feel the need for sleep already. But you do promise to visit me later right? When I can stay awake longer. "

Seijin smiled even bright when he saw  Ilveriath " Hello  Ilveriath " He said softly in greeting to  Ilveriath he liked the blue as much as he liked his rider. Flying with them was always a treat he was glad to get another chance. "Thank you both so much, I think i'll be hiting the bed as soon as i get them and curl up with Araith. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Of course I'll visit," I'shan said, waving one hand in flippant dismissal. "Shards, I have plans he said, laughing almost deviously. He was sure B'jin would love his tentative plans to interrupt lessons! I'shan loved baby dragons, and Ilveriath was so calm and sweet that they often flocked to him. It would be perfect! Squee would like them, too!

Speaking of Squee, the little brown made a sudden return as they walked outside. The brown flew past both humans and landed squarely on Ilveriath's snout, chittering a sweet greeting to his big brother. Ilveriath purred, but his attention was focused on the humans. Hello he said pleasantly to Seijin, eyes flashing blue as he focused on the humans' happiness. It was a fine evening, by the dragon's estimation. A new clutch had joined them, I'shan was happy, and as far as Ilveriath knew, there was no pain.

I'shan climbed upon the dragon's neck and held one hand out to Seijin. "You remember how this works, right?" I'shan asked with a wink. "C'mon up."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, I'll be counting on it. Can't wait to see what you have planned. " Seijin was happier then he ever though possible. He smiled as Squee made a appearance followed by Lana who landed on his shoulder.  He saw Claus join them right afterwards.  "they did well earlier getting you the message. " Seijin smiled at Lana proudly.  " I'm so glad you came  and I'm glad you will come by and visit as well. "

Seijin reached up and grabbed I'shan's hand and climbed up in front of  him.  He Leaned in against I'shan and moved closer.  "Oh sure " He said softly" I remember it all and soon I'll be putting it to practice on my own. But not to soon though Araith has a lot of growing and we have a lot of lessons to get threw between now and then. " Seijin smiled again  as he got comfortable on Ilveriath. " I wish to thank you both for taking me back to my bed it is very  much appreciated. " Seijin said again softly before the took off.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan laughed. "I can't even get Squee to come when he's called," he said dismissively, as if it was the fire lizard's fault rather than his own for being sloppy. Ilveriath rumbled with mirth, but didn't say anything about it. I'shan was recklessly irresponsible in plenty of ways. It was no surprise to know that his fire lizard was a mess as well!

I'shan gave the younger man a wink as he pulled him onto Ilveriath's neck. The patient dragon let out a happy sigh as he fanned his wings, waiting for both rider and passenger to get comfortable before lifting off. I'shan wrapped his arms around Seijin to hold him in place as Ilveirath took off, easily catching the wind and sailing lazily towards the weyrling barracks.

When they arrived, Ilveriath settled and I'shan quickly undid the straps. He sprung to the ground before turning to help Seijin step down, though he was sure the young man could handle it on his own. I'shan always tried to be courteous to his passengers, if only because he didn't want to be responsible for any accidents! "You look exhausted," I'shan commented as looked the boy over. He gave him a light clap on one arm. 'Why don't you go get some sleep?" he asked, smiling softly. Shards, it almost bought him to tears to think of his own Impression night!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin enjoyed the feel of the rider close to him. He always felt safe when he rode with I'shan and  Ilveriath. He slid down carefully from IIveriath's back as I'shan offered his hand up.

Quote:"You look exhausted," I'shan commented as looked the boy over. He gave him a light clap on one arm. 'Why don't you go get some sleep?" he asked, smiling softly. Shards, it almost bought him to tears to think of his own Impression night!

Seijin felt like he looked totally exhausted now.  He probably pushed it a little to spend time with I'shan but he though it was worth it.  With Araith still so young she'll be sleeping a lot at this stage so he probably will be able to get enough sleep in. "Yes Sir, Bluerider I'shan will get  sleep. " Seijin smiled brightly.

Seijin still wondered if it was all just a dream the impression and all but he knew it was all real it had happened and he had a beautiful green to learn and grow with as a dragonrider now. "Its good that I will be able to now.  Don't be a stranger now, Come and visit often. " He stole one more hug from I'shan before heading into the weyrling barracks.

He was gonna crash and not wake up  till either morning or Araith wakes up whichever comes first. Most likely the later.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Take care," I'shan said, nodding to the young man as he spoke. I'shan crossed his arms and shook his head, grinning almost mischievously at the newly-Impressed greenrider. "And I'm not 'sir'," he pointed out, though he imagined it wasn't a bad habit for a greenrider to learn early. I'shan may not have expected it, but a lot of other blueriders would. I'shan had no idea that A'liran had warned Seijin against the very same reality, but being a bluerider, I'shan saw it from a different perspective..different and less serious. It wasn't that he didn't care, but that it was difficult to relate. When he got himself into a compromising, submissive position, it was for the thrill...not because someone was pulling rank on him. He often had a 'poor greenrider' to spare, but he didn't carry warnings with the same dire tone of A'liran.

Ilveriath took note of his rider's thoughts and sighed. To  Ilveriath, who saw I'shan as naive and Astoreth's rider as unnecessarily venomous, the truth must have been in between. Tomorrow was a long way away to Ilveriath, however, so the baby green's maturity was unthinkable for now.  He crooned a farewell to Seijin, unconcerned with the future, but instead with the thoughts of a good night's sleep and time spent bathing in the new bond. He projected such feelings to  Seijin, but reserved a special wave of warmth for I'shan. Sleep well the dragon said to the weyrling before delicately nosing I'shan. The rider turned to hug his dragon's snout before smiling and looking deep into his eyes.

I love you I'shan reminded the dragon. The eyes whirled more brightly in response.

Just felt like tossing a nice closer up

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)