World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

The Bulletin Board (OPEN)

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
The Hatching had been quite lively despite its small size and Jisralna left the Sands with a dreamy smile on her face. Baby dragons always seemed to do that to her; more so than baby humans. That there had been a small Gold born of a Gold/Brown pairing had seemed to be quite the shock for all of the riders and she imagined it was because most Golds turned up in Gold/Bronze clutches. In her opinion she was just grateful that all of the hatchlings Impressed and no one had gotten hurt.

Knowing that everyone was going to leave around the same time, Jisra had kept to the back of the viewing area and had slipped away the second the last hatchling had picked their lifemate. Walking at a sedate pace across the Gather Square, the young weaver woman made her habitual pass by the bulletin board and paused when something caught her eye. It was a scrap of paper that hadn't been there before--as she did pass the board several times a day.

Walking over to the board, she reached out to smooth the hastily pinned paper and keep it from fluttering in the wind, though as she began to read, her eyes went wide. Snatching her hand back with a gasp she shook her head, uncertain of how she was supposed to react other than to be horridly embarrassed that she'd read something so private. With her hand pressed to the base of her long neck, she took to steps back then squeaked as she bumped into something--or someone--and spun around, eyes wide and lips parted looking for all the world like she'd just been caught doing something horribly indecent; which she technically had. As her mouth worked, trying to form words that she couldn't possibly even think of, she flushed deeply.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Having watched this hatching from a new perspective had Sanderon's mind in a jumble of thoughts. So much had changed since his public lashing and the event of losing his mind to rage. His capture had done more damage than he ever thought it would but it had also made him so much stronger. He had survived the torment. And now, even though he still had to deal with the bullies of the weyr, he did not feel nearly as lost and enraged as he had once felt. There was a strange inner peace he had now and it made him feel alive and calm.

Deep in his thoughts as he moved away from the hatching circuit, he was unprepared to deal with a body backing up into his space. Turning swiftly he put out his hands and carefully braced the woman's back as she bumped into him. Taking a step back when she twirled around in surprise, he met her gaze calmly and wondered briefly about her reddened cheeks. She looked like she had gotten herself caught doing something wrong.

Glancing to the bulletin board behind the woman, he turned his eyes back to her and said quietly with a calm expression and tone, "Reading something can't get you in trouble. Or perhaps it can and I should read it for myself so you can put the blame upon me?" The slightest hint of a smile touched one corner of his mouth as he wondered what the woman would say or do. If she left him standing there without a word, that would be perfectly fine too. He wanted to move on and disappear before the 'bullies' departed and caught up to him. But he refused to be rude and leave her without a word. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Pressing her lips together to keep her mouth from opening and closing like some sort of awkward land fish, Jisralna looked up at the face that belonged to the strong hands that steadied her. After a delayed second recognition flared and immediately clasped her hands in front of her, not quite sure what to do about that recognition; how did one go about properly addressing a person whom they had seen publically beaten? Deciding that ignoring the entire ordeal would be best she blushed further as he mentioned the posting on the board. Clearly he hadn’t read it…he intimated as much with his words but as he jokingly offered to take the blame, her embarrassment was replaced by acute confusion.

Why on earth would someone do such a thing; more importantly why would a man do such a thing? Uncertain if he was being ironic or attempting to be funny, she fidgeted as she tried to think of a proper response. After several awkward seconds she realized there really wasn’t a proper response to this entire situation and unceremoniously blurted out the first thing that made it to her lips. “I do not like yelling.” Blinking, as if startled by the irrelevance of her statement, Jisralna blushed again then cleared her throat, hoping he wouldn’t comment. “I mean, I do not think we will get in trouble…unless we are accused of posting that…” She couldn’t even begin to fumble for a suitable word it was so very out of her league.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon's hint of a smile faded away as it became clear because of her expressions that she thought he had been joking. His offer of taking the blame had been completely serious, even though he doubted 'blame' would be given for just reading something.

One eye brow raised slightly as this woman's first words were completely random. He couldn't make sense of them but he replied just the same. "I do not like yelling either." His mind remembered the experiences he had when yelling was an added feature. It wasn't fun. Shaking his head with the memories to clear them away, he looked back to the board when she brought his attention to the offending slip of paper.

Carefully avoiding any contact with her, Sanderon stepped around her and began to read the horribly offensive fanfiction someone had posted. His face remained unmoved as he read. When he had finished reading it, he turned and said, "I doubt that would ever happen and it was poorly written besides. I wouldn't worry about it."

He shrugged it off and with a quick glance towards the hatching circuit, he wondered how long he had before the bullies showed up. Resolved to meet them if they came, he turned back to the woman and said, "I don't remember your name, though I've seen you around. I think you know who I am. What did you think of the hatching?" Everyone in the weyr probably knew who he was at this point. It was something he deeply regretted. He would have been glad to be the 'invisible' person who was ignored and overlooked. That did not seem possible anymore.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Clearly flustered and out of sorts, the Weaver woman continued to fidget; smoothing her gown though there were no creases, fussing with the end of her braid, retying the embroidered sash that cinched in the waist of her rather plain gown. Convinced that she’d more than made of fool of herself—which wasn’t something she was particularly used to since arriving two years prior—she lowered her gaze and nibbled lightly on the inside of her lower lip. Clearly this “getting out more often” idea was going to take a bit more effort to implement. Socializing was proving to be far more difficult that Jisra had expected. Of course it didn’t help that almost every last man and woman in Katlia seemed to have been born with or developed a rather substantial amount of sarcasm.

When the Candidate—she remembered him from before the beating though she doubted she would ever get that image out of her mind and the thought of it made bile creepy up and tickle the back of her throat—skirted around her to inspect the board, she slowly turned and finally lifted her grey-green eyes and moved alongside him, studying his reaction. There was no reaction. Blinking she interlaced her fingers in front of her to keep from fidgeting and once again her cheeks were flushed with color. He’d read the post and…was critiquing it?

“But it should not be up there. What would R’nya or S’kef say? It is very rude to put something like that up for everyone to see, regardless of its verity.” Her voice was soft but marked her as both concerned and a little distraught by the whole situation. There was, after all, only so much a woman could handle. With a sigh, she contemplated taking down the post, but hesitated as the bulletin board was for Weyr officials to post on and she’d not been given permission to do so. Perhaps she’d seek out R’nya and discretely inform him of the post so he could deal with it. He was one of the new Wingleaders and so had far more authority than she ever would in regards to the board.

“I am Jisralna. Would you be so kind as to remind me of your name? I remember that you arrived shortly before I was transferred to the Weyr from the Isle. I hope you are doing well.” She tactfully skirted around the prominent event that most people knew him from. She would not lie and say she didn’t see him in her mind’s eye, strapped to a whipping post, but neither would she offer up the information and shame the man without cause. While the reason for punishment if not the severity of the punishment might have been warranted, it was never a good idea to fling such things into the face of the men who had suffered them, especially not ones who had been rumored to have gone a little mad. The subject of the Hatching, however, was safe enough. “I thought it was a lovely hatching. The little Gold seemed to cause a stir. I rather liked the blue though; I think I harbor a childhood fondness for them, though. What about you; did you enjoy the Hatching?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin left the hatching alone yet again. He had not impressed this time either. But he was sure of heart and strong of will about it. He remembered a talk he had with the blue rider who told him that he needed to give it time so he wasn't upset or anything. He noticed Jisralna standing by the bulletin board and wondered what her and the other young man with her was looking at so intensely. He walked over and smiled. " Hey guys what is going on? What are your reading?Anything important." He asked softly.

Seijin smiled over at Sanderon. "Hello I don't believe we ever officially meet but I have seen you around. I'm Seijin. "He introduced himself softly. He looked back and forth between the two before he peeked over at the note to see it more clearly

He came over mostly to show Jisralna that he was alright he knows how she worries something and didn't want her to worry about him. He peeked softly at the note and his eyes widened as he read some of it. "Oh my steamy, looks like someone is having it out at someone elses expense. But I wonder who would be so bold to do such a thing. " he mussed softly to himself.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sanderon agreed silently with her. The sick joke tagged to the bulletin board should never have been written let alone posted for everyone to see. Would he take it down though? No. R'nya should see it first. It would be one thing to have others see it and laugh behind ones back. To be educated as to exactly why they were laughing would be better.

"Flag R'nya down if you wish, Jisralna." He suggested after having learned her name. Though he outwardly did not show his emotions, inside he was disgusted.

"I'm Sanderon." He answered quietly after a moment, wondering what she was thinking of him. He noticed her expressions and could clearly see what he had seen lately in others. He was being remembered and not in a good way. He really couldn't blame anyone for feeling that way. It just made him disappointed and tired. At least Jisralna asked about his welfare. That was appreciated.

"I am doing much better now. Thank you." His expressions still did not reveal much but perhaps the hint of sadness could be seen briefly flickering across his eyes before he was guarded again in his emotional display. It was not the same as repressing. No, it was a reaction of his normal self. He did not like to show what he was feeling if he could help it. His mind and heart were his alone.

Listening as Jisralna spoke briefly about the hatching, he nodded in agreement after a while. "Seeing a gold hatch was good." Thinking about what else he wanted to say, he paused in his words for a bit and then continued when his thoughts were in order. "No. I did not enjoy the hatching. Although it was good that no one was mauled." He confessed truthfully. "But I did appreciate the Impressions that were made." He said no more about it for he really did not know beyond that how he felt about the dragons anymore. He still had a lot of things to figure out. He should have kept his mouth shut at this point but his voice impulsively pushed on with one more detail when she mentioned loving the blues.

"I was captured by a blue. I shot him with an arrow. He tore me away from my family." He shrugged with a fleeting look of pain and regret. The expression did not stay on his face for long before it was gone, leaving what he was currently feeling a mystery. "Blue's are okay though I guess, at least Ilveriath is. I don't know any of the others."

Before he could say anymore, a young man approached who seemed to know Jisralna already. When greeted kindly, Sanderon was wondering if he could trust this amiable person, but thought to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Well met Seijin. I'm Sanderon." Then he saw the man inspecting the note and kept his silence as Seijin commented on it.

Glancing to Jisralna, Sanderon wondered what she would say. And would Seijin view him differently, now that he knew his name? Or had the man already known who he was and just couldn't remember his name. No matter. He mentally shrugged the whole thing off and put it out of his mind. The bullies had really messed with his thoughts lately and he just had to let it go. Worrying about the 'whole weyr' knowing him was just stupid.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled at Sanderon and  Jisralna " Now me, I am partial to greens.  They are so very graceful and fast. " He peeks over at Sanderon when he said he shot the dragon who took him from his family.  " Thats cause you loved your family  right and didn't know the person taking you. I think it is only fair for you to defend yourself when you feel attacked or threatened its a perfectly natural response." Seijin brushed the hair back from his eyes. "Course I personally was more then happy to come here truthfully there wasn't much for me back home. I argued with my parents. I wanted desperately to just work on dyes for the leathers I work on and not wanting to just do it as a just a  hobby. 

He glanced back at the note. "Thou I do wonder if anyone will be getting into serious trouble for this note. Its a scary thought. But I do find it  slightly breathtaking with the descriptions so vivid I can almost envision it. Do you think that it is wrong?" He had to blush softly.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D'hys was not in a good mood. In fact, to say his mood was bad was still a step up from where it currently sat. Like the previous Hatchings, he had set up a betting pool with Z'ia but unlike the others, he wasn't walking away with a smile. Who said browns couldn't sire gold was a fucking idiot and had a date with D'hys' fist if they ever met. Sure, he was glad to see another one pop into existence, though he did wonder what it meant to have two in back to back clutches when for so long it seemed as if Nirinath would be the last, but he liked winning and that shiny hide had thrown everything off!

Since he had been standing around with the rabble, collecting last minute bets and making comments as each dragonet emerged and with every Candidate that Impressed, D'hys was on foot, having left Zeianth to watch from wherever he wanted or not watch at all. They'd meet up soon enough as the bluerider knew his dragon would appear outside of the Circuit's entrance to pick him up. Unfortunately, that meant passing by people he normally didn't take notice of. It would have been the same today if it hadn't been for the one kid that kept running away and nearly ruined everything for them with D'ren's precious new take on everything at that lashing.

Anger swelled within him anew as the boy -- Sanderon, Zeianth lazily supplied when D'hys couldn't be bothered to recall his name -- introduced himself by boasting about shooting a dragon. Who the fuck did this guy think he was? His path was quickly changed as feet veered to the right where the group was, "well then, let me introduce you to another.I'm D'hys, rider of blue Zeianth." D'hys growled as way of introduction as he came upon the small group of pathetic-looking kids, completely talking over the other boy as if he wasn't even there. Were the Searchriders purposely seeking out the meek and fucked up now? "Correction; I'm the pissed off rider of blue Zeianth." If looks could kill, D'hys had it down pat with the glare he levelled on Sanderon after giving a quick once over of the other two who seemed harmless and more likely to faint than fight.

"You shot a dragon with an arrow? Is there something wrong with your head? You ungrateful non-riders. Did anyone even cry when they thought dragons were extinct? So your first instinct upon seeing one after turns of silence is to shoot it so they don't come back again?" D'hys took a step closer to Sanderon, hands flexing into fists as he just ached to teach this guy a lesson. "I'd drop you between right here and now myself for your treatment of a dragon but that'd be too good for you. No, I think someone should shoot you with an arrow and let it fester and give you a slow and agonising death." As he contemplated the merits of hitting a Candidate that shouldn't have been let near the Sands with just the little bit D'hys already knew of the spastic kid, D'hys caught sight of R'nya coming from the Hatching Circuit. The bronzerider really did know how to suck all the fun out of life.

Not at all interested in being caught giving out death threats, D'hys took a step back from Sanderon but not before issuing a warning, "you'll be watched, kid." Before leaving, his eyes caught the newly posted paper and while he didn't have time to read the entire thing, a quick skim had enough words popping out at him to give him an idea of what it was about. "S'kef has better tastes than that. So whichever one of you think you're a clever writer, you should fact check first." Thoroughly disgusted by the Candidates and the porn, D'hys finally tore away from the group to head for Zeianth who had quietly descended during his ranting. He easily mounted the blue and they were gone before R'nya made it to the group.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
R'nya was quite pleased with the outcome of the small Hatching. With a clutch that size and sired by a brown, it had been widely accepted that naught more than greens and maybe a blue would come of it. While half the clutch had shown themselves to be green, the appearance of the little gold and the quick actions of the Searchriders to get the correct Candidates out before the young creature had been very interesting. The little blue and brown would be welcome additions and R'nya knew they wouldn't be over looked, though he was quite aware of the attention the young gold and her new rider-to-be would draw. Appropriate steps would be taken this time, he was sure, to prepare the young woman for the unlikely occurrence of her own beast rising as early as her dam had. He doubted it would happen, but was it not better to be safe than sorry?

Musing silently to himself, R'nya strode through the crowd with considerable more ease than he had the turn before; a fact he was not unaware of. Being a Wingleader had its benefits, that was not to be questioned, and while he appreciated being able to traverse a large crowd with politely side stepping weyrfolk, he did miss being able to shift through a solid crowd without eyes lingering for more than a moment, and without being recognised or remembered. Now, he was quite positive he would never have that anonymity back, but he would survive. What were the riders of Katila, if not survivors? Fools, apparently.

R'nya paused slightly at his dragon's smooth, deep voice filtered into his over active mind. An eyebrow arched slightly, curious as to the prompt of comment from the bronze beast. His attention was directed toward the group of men and the young lady standing chatting by the bulletin board. Still standing silently, the Wingleader watched without expression as a bluerider joined them, and apparently had something of interest to say, judging by the expressions that rode across the young faces. Watching as the man in question turned and vaulted onto his dragon, R'nya found himself mildly curious. D'hys, while undoubtedly known as bit of a trouble maker and firm in his opinions, was not often seen without his snippy little sidekick flouncing along beside him. What were they up to, and why had he been getting the face of the young man?

Curious in spite of himself, R'nya began to approach the group, far more interested in finding out what D'hys had said to them than because he cared why they had gathered in the first place. The bluerider was not known for his fraternising with Candidates, which in and of itself told the Wingleader he had good cause to investigate. As he approached, he noted the changes in expressions and stance, and the way the young woman looked as if she'd like to sink into the ground or vanish between only confirmed his need to know what had just been happening.

R'nya's expression was mild as he finally came to a stop before the small gathering, meeting the eyes of each of the young men before arching an eyebrow when the young woman avoided his gaze. "Gentlemen, miss." It was only after he had spoken his greeting that the pale eyed man spotted the new note attached to the bulletin board. A subtle frown tugged his eyebrows together for a second before smoothing out. D'ren may have posted something on his way to the Hatching, which wouldn't be completely unusual, since the Weyrleader was not required to inform anyone if he wished to initiate a change in some rule or another. Shifting his gaze away from the note R'nya caught the letters that formed his name and blue-grey eyes snapped back of their own accord.

Lips thinned into a line as the young man stepped lightly around the lady without touching her, and he stared quietly at the parchment, reading it slowly. His lips didn't release from the firm line they had formed, as he carefully removed the pin holding the sheet of offending paper to the board and turned around, folding it carefully and putting it within his pocket. Once more, he met the gazes of the young men and woman before him. His expression was once more mild, neither here nor there, pale eyes unreadable as he read their expressions. After a moment, he finally spoke. His voice, like his expression, was mild and without any expressed emotions. Deep, and a genuinely calming pitch, he made no threat with his question. It was simple, and to the point but gave nothing away about what he would do with any information given.

"Did D'hys post this?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Grey-green eyes went wide as Seijin read over the blasphemous posting and then commented on it in a most unexpected way. Once again her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and she wondered if this wouldn’t be a constant state for her in her journey to venture out of her comfort zone. Second guessing her intentions to seek out a man of husband material, she pressed her lips together and did her best to smile without it looking like a grimace as Sanderon spoke. She was glad that he was doing better, but was so utterly distracted that she barely heard his opinions on the Hatching and almost missed his admission of treachery against dragons. Almost.

Eyes went wide and her mouth dropped open on a gasp. He had shot a dragon…with an arrow?! Indignation and something close to anger bubbled to the surface only to be expressed in a rather pathetic display involving a huff. He’d shot a dragon! A blue dragon! As she sputtered and once again managed to look like a startled fish hauled onto the shore, Seijin continued to speak though she barely heard him. True she understood the potential reasoning behind Sanderon’s attack, but nothing—nothing—excused an attack on dragons; especially since there were so few left!

So intent was she on making vaguely fish-like faces at Sanderon in her disbelief and indignation that the sudden arrival of one of the blueriders startled a squeak out of her. D’hys, rider of blue Zeianth. Had he heard what Sanderon had said? A second later it was confirmed as D’hys declared himself to be the rather upset rider of Zeianth. Snapping her mouth shut, Jisralna took half a step back, fingers interlaced and in front of her as she wrung her hands. The tone of the bluerider’s voice put her on edge and made her more than a little nervous. At any moment she was sure he would start yelling…she really did hate yelling.

Though, when the rider advanced on Sanderon, clearly intent—at least in Jisra’s opinion—on doing him harm, she pursed her lips and glanced over at Seijin, unsure what she was supposed to do. True, while she would love to smack Sanderon upside the head for shooting a dragon—and she probably never would because she wasn’t particularly violent—the boy had been lashed, and quite severely. Of course she agreed with D’hys’s sentiments but she rather thought his threats were a bit much. Still, his summation of her as meek was accurate and all she could do was clear her throat, hoping to distract the bluerider from beating Sanderon to within an inch of his life. He’d paid for his transgression and while she was upset that he’d caused harm to a dragon, she didn’t want to see the lad killed. Certainly not in front of her, that was for sure.

But something else distracted the rider and he left off with a warning, glancing briefly at the post on the board before scolding them for writing it…well of course they hadn’t written it! Her face, which had been pale a moment ago now flushed with color once more as D’hys stormed off leaving her staring after the blue dragon and rider pair. As she did she caught sight of a rather prominent member of the Weyr. Shards! The word, though only thought in her head caused the color to deepen and once more Jisralna began to fidget and fuss with her skirts in a compulsive manner, unable to keep her hands still. Despite Sanderon’s earlier snip and her own desire to bring the rather rude piece of literature—if it could be called that…which it couldn’t in her opinion—to the bronzerider’s attention, she was now terrified that he would accuse them as D’hys had.

When he finally came to a halt, Jisra dropped her gaze, finding a small dip in the ground beyond fascinating. She couldn’t look the man in the eye after the few raunchy lines she’d read on the board behind her. When he greeted her, she bobbed an awkward curtsy and her voice squeaked out a polite, if strained “Sir”. When he stepped around her, the young Weaver spun around, opening her mouth to protest, to say something to warn him but all that came out was a strangled squeak. Fingers twisted in fabric. Would he explode into a rage and blame them all because they happened to be there? Would he have them punished? Her breath caught in her throat and she couldn’t tear her gaze away from the bronzerider as he turned around; she couldn’t even avoid his gaze as she would’ve preferred.

Sure that he was going to shout, despite his calm demeanor—that would make it so much worse—Jisralna flinched slightly, closing her eyes when R’nya opened his mouth to speak. When his calming tone and simple words washed over her, her eyes snapped open in surprise. No snarling or growling or threats? Blinking twice and then a third time for good measure, Jisralna shook her head slightly, averting her gaze once again. “I do not believe so, Sir.” Her voice was soft and wavered just a little from her frazzled nerves. By now she was ready to run all the way back to her room and stay there for the remainder of the week.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin stopped short what he was going to say next cause he was interrupted by a approaching rider. Seijin looked over as the rider came up to them and spoke over his words. The man didn't look very pleased at all as he walked up to them and then Seijin realized why he had heard what  Sanderon had said. Seijin looked between  Jisralna and Sanderon.  Seijin wasn't sure how to react or respond as the blue rider came up to them angerly.

D’hys, rider of blue Zeianth announced himself rather abruptly and advanced on  Sanderon because of what he had heard him say.  Seijin's eyes widened  and he unthinkingly placed himself in front of Sanderon when the rider threatened to  do him bodily harm.  Seijin didn't know what he could do about it or if he would be even able to help. His eyes were wide and his body nervous about even thinking of  standing up to a rider. But his couldn't just stand ideally by. He glanced over at Jisralna he knew full well that she was nervous as he was feeling they were a lot alike.

Luckly though the rider got distracted by the note and blamed them for writing it. Seijin shook his head softly since he knew that neither he or Jisralna wrote it. After all Jisralna still hadn't lost the red on her face after his comment about the note.  She never could of written anything like that.

Course then before anything else could happen  R'nya approached them. Seijin blushed softly at the man's approach and barely got out. " Hello Sir, My duty to you and your dragon " He managed to reply softly and respectfully.  He went slightly pale though when he say him reach for the note and pull the pin out and though they were positively dead now for being in front of the note when it was found cause maybe he would  think the same thing that D'hys did. That one of them was guilty of writing it.
But when  R'nya asked  "Did D'hys post this?" Seijin shook his head. " No, Not that we know of  Sir, Honestly we have no idea who did it was there when I arrived. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When Sanderon's words came out of his mouth about what happened during his capture, he immediately regretted them. Why he kept bringing that up, he had no clue. Perhaps he wanted to punish himself for it? Perhaps he wanted to be open and honest about how stupid he really was before anyone dared to make a friend out of him. Who knows. What he did know was he would probably do well not to mention it again...ever. Especially when D'hys stormed in like a demon of revenge.

Meeting the bluerider's gaze, he drew himself up slightly and held his ground. Something slightly dangerous seeped into Sanderon's dark eyes as the bluerider began to threaten him with death and torture. Slowly, his hands closed into fists but he did not act. When Seijin moved protectively in front of him, he ignored the other man and continued to meet the riders gaze. Knowing better than to speak at this point, he kept his mouth shut and waited until the man left as quickly as he had come.

Very slowly, his fists relaxed and he was going to acknowledge Seijin's 'help' but did not get the chance then before R'nya was there, reading the note and asking if D'hys had wrote it. Part of him wanted to lie and say yes but he wouldn't. He would not sink to that level. Instead he listened as Jisralna and Seijin answered instead.

When looked upon by R'nya, he gave a respectful nod but did not speak. He was still feeling the effects of D'hys's words and did not trust himself just yet. Thankfully the dangerous look that had entered Sanderon's gaze was quickly fading away.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
"I see," R'nya responded smoothly when two of his three captivated audience voiced a negative on laying the blame on D'hys. The Wingleader was both pleased, and amused by their dedication to the truth; he hadn't believed the bluerider had posted it. Bluerider D'hys was a lot of things, but he was very rarely completely unreasonable. R'nya did not believe for a moment that whomever decided it would be a good idea to post the rather vivid piece of literature (if it could rightly be called so) would be far more proud of their handy work. It would not take long, to hunt down the author, of that he was sure.

Now, however, R'nya found himself faced with three young people who - while they trembled for the moment - he didn't doubt would develop loose lips once he was truly out of sight. Unfortunately, the bronzerider was also aware that an unknown number of men, women or children could have also seen the sheet of paper before the three young Crafters had happened upon it; then there was D'hys to consider, and his trusty sidekick. Politely being sidestepped as he left the Hatching Circuit was (undoubtedly) going to be the least of his concerns before the night was out.

"I will advise discretion." The wingleader's voice was as smooth as ever, even as an eyebrow arched up slightly and he once more took the time to meet each set of wide eyes. He couldn't keep them from gossiping if they were so inclined, and R'nya had never been one to attempt squishing that bug. The rumour mill at Katila was far too useful - if you remembered to take what was said with a handful of salt. "Brownrider S'kef will be far less pleased than I." R'nya's gaze shifted as he turned to look over his shoulder, aware that he would need to bring S'kef up to speed on the sheet now folded carefully in his pocket - before someone else did.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, miss." Nodding politely to the two young men and the young woman, R'nya took a step backwards before spinning neatly on his booted heel. He had no desire to further question the young men and woman that had been gathered; it was obvious they knew nothing. The young woman was far too timid and properly ladylike to do anything of the sort, and while he could have seen Sanderon doing something in order to target those that had ruined his life, he would have expected him to target those people - not a bronze and brownrider he was probably not even inclined to know the names of off the top of his head.

Walking with a determined step back in the direction he had come, R'nya ordered Xyreith to keep Tyrrisath grounded for the next few minutes, lest S'kef manage to escape before he came across his wingrider. It would not do for someone else to inform the brownrider of what was written on one particularly out of line piece of parchment.

"Brownrider S'kef!" R'nya raised his voice a little as he spotted the rider in question, still lurking on the edge of the Sands with his mate. "We need to speak. Privately." He could tell his mate if he wished, but R'nya would speak to the other man alone, first; he'd not embarrass his wingrider - That would look very unprofessional indeed!

[sup]Feel free to continue the thread guys! I'll start a new one for S'kef. Sorry about R'nya's abrupt exit. He is not social -__-;;[/sup]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Grey-green eyes darted up to the Bronzerider’s face at his advice, flashing with indignation though she kept her mouth shut. She might listen in on the gossip from time to time but never once had she indulged in the act of gossiping since her arrival here. She certainly would never get involved in gossip about someone so prestigious as a bronzerider. Nodding mutely, a show of her compliance, she then glanced away from his intense blue-grey eyes to look at Seijin and Sanderon. Would they keep this incident to themselves? She rather hoped that Seijin wouldn’t put the dragonrider in an awkward position, but Sanderon…what was she supposed to think about a man who had shot an arrow at a dragon, even if it had been in self defense? Still, she would not pass judgment on him until she got to know him a little better.

When R’nya brought up S’kef, Jisralna wondered how the brownrider would react. According to the gossips—several of the older weavers—whom she listened to on occasion, he wasn’t exactly the friendliest of men and R’nya seemed to think the same. Would the brownrider get upset? Would he laugh it off? Perhaps he would go on a manhunt until the perpetrator was found. Wincing slightly at the thought of another public punishment, Jisra shook the thought from her head as R’nya excused himself. Quickly bobbing in a curtsy she murmured a polite “Sir” before glancing at the two younger men.

“We should keep this to ourselves.” She wrung her hands in front of her, her voice soft and her gaze indirect. The last thing she wanted to do was humiliate someone as hardworking and level-headed as R’nya and she doubted it would ever be a good idea to humiliate S’kef.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin felt a little nervous standing before the  bronzerider. He lowered his eyes and his  face flushed softly when the rider suggested that they were discrete about what they had read on that sheet.  " Yes Sir. " He responded politely and softly almost to soft to hear. He wiggled nervously at the look he was given.  He knew that the bronzeriders words we  more then just a mild suggestion he was being highly serious about it and Seijin would obey the suggestion. He wouldn't make trouble for the bronzerider who had gained his respect. Which was mostly  cause he didn't rave or rant at them but spoke to them calmly and with a air of authority.Which Seijin had to admire about the man considering what he had found attached to the wall Seijin wouldn't of faulted him for losing his temper. And warmed them that the brownrider might be as forgiven. Seijin gulped softly he so didn't want to be in any trouble not with that one.

He noticed the rider when he looked behind him and wondered vaguely who he was looking for. Then it dawned on him  that the bronzerider  was gonna inform the other rider of the note. "Have a good evening, Sir: He replied softly as R'nya excused himself and left.

He looked over at Jisralna when she spoke up after the rider walked away.  " I think you are right. I think Bronzerider R'nya was giving more then just a suggestion about this cause  It could cause much trouble if we spread it around. :

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There was nothing in Sanderon's expression or stance that would suggest in any way that he was timid or intimidated by this bronzerider. He was not afraid of the man, plain and simple. He did though, appreciate the calm dignity the man displayed when confronted with the subject of someone's idea of a sick joke at the man's expense.

A slight nod was given R'yna as the rider suggested they display discretion. Sanderon would have done so without being told. Spreading something as sick as that was not in his nature. He did not engage in gossip. He rarely listened to it either. Turning his gaze to Jisralna and Seijin when they both spoke briefly about not spreading the subject of the note around and he agreed with their words but did not say anything. There was nothing really to be said about it. Instead, he put it out of his mind and said, "Enjoy the hatching feast. I should leave now."

He did not leave right away. Instead he paused long enough to see if either of them had further words they wanted to say before he would slip away.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

" See you soon Sanderon, It was nice to meet you. Even though we had a bit of trouble. " He meaning the bluerider the so rudely had interrupted him when he was talking. " I hope he don't cause you any more problems over what he overheard. "  Seijin liked Sanderon even though he wasn't as  all about dragons as they were he still saw him as a wonderful person and a unique individual. He looked over to Jisralna
"would you accompany me to the feast least until you get a better offer from a charming man who sweeps you off your feet? "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Keenly aware of Sanderon’s failure to verbally agree with her in regards to discretion, Jisralna tilted her head slightly and studied the man’s face for several seconds. He was a tricky one to peg down. She wasn’t some grand reader of people, but she was good enough at it that she could generally have some idea of what a person was like; however, this boy…he was different. He seemed to stubbornly refuse to accept his new lot in life to the point where he’d subjected himself to punishment; he admitted to bringing harm to a dragon and had seemed ready to put up a fight had the dragonrider carried through with his threats. While she certainly didn’t approve of some of his actions, she was inclined to approve of the underlying structure of the lad’s personality…but still.

When he spoke she straightened herself and finally blinked her several seconds of intense scrutiny over. “Will you be attending, Sanderon?” Her fingers twisted in front of her as she glanced over at Seijin who was bidding the reluctant Candidate farewell. “Yes, it was good to meet you. I am surprised I had not met you before.” Though really she wasn’t. She’d spent a relatively short time on the Isle compared to some and with the boy’s persistent attempts to escape it was no wonder they’d kept him on the island so long.

When her close friend and companion spoke again, offering to escort her to the feast in a rather embarrassing manner; especially in front of another man which neither of them knew particularly well. Blushing, she frowned and lowered her gaze. “You should not be so silly, Seijin. I am far too talk to be swept off my feet, I am afraid.” And a bit too cautious as well, especially given her past experiences. There would be no being swept away by some contrary or faithless man; she’d decided that much. “I will go to the feast with you, however, if you wish it.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)