World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

A Spoonful of Sugar [Talian]

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Generally speaking, R'nya was neither here nor there as far as being an early riser was concerned. Some mornings, he was simply awake, as was the case that morning. In such situations, the bronzerider felt disinclined to laze around in his rather large and very empty bed - neither facts he was against - and instead opted to rise and begin his day. Occasionally, as was not the case this particular morning, R'nya found sleeping late and being lazy appealing. Some days called for it - usually miserable, raining days with nothing on the agenda. At any rate, R'nya had found his way out of bed and off to start the day with little issue, having woken easily and fully.

Being a tidy person, the bronzerider's hut had not called for a cleaning session, what dishes were in his kitchen were clean and put away the night before, and his clothing was folded and already placed in its particular locations the previous day when he had brought them in dry. So, with nothing to keep him within the confines of the sparely decorated hut, R'nya had dressed and made his way to the Kitchen, intent on a bite to eat before putting his mind to task with the day's agenda. It was nothing that would hazard anyone else, really, though he did hope that the young Master would be free to see him. If not, he would book in a time to see him later. But he did wish to see the young man before he began the assessment of his new wingriders. After all, how would he know if he were being fair or unfair, if he were unaware of injuries still healing?

Pursing his lips thoughtfully, R'nya gave a polite nod of thanks as one of the kitchen staff came to assist him, and the bronzerider enquired - in his mild, placid voice - for a tray with breakfast for two men with mild apatites. He was both amused and mildly alarmed by the knowing look he received from the woman... followed by a setting that was definitely not for two men with mild appetites, and most certainly for about six men involved in far more activity than R'nya had had in a long time. The bronzerider arched an eyebrow at the woman, amused, while Xyreith chuckled in the back of his mind. The silly woman gave him a broad wink and sent him on his way. Well, to shards with her. He wasn't taking the blame for any uneaten food!

I doubt that she cares, Sir. Unlikely. Food is a rather scarce commodity my dear, and wasting it is uncalled for. There is sure to be a starving patient around. I doubt that they would complain. R'nya rolled his eyes good naturedly under closed lids, and carried the tray with great dignity over to the Healing Hall, pushing his way in with considerable skill and nodding to the woman behind the reception desk.

"Morning, ma'am. I would like to see the Master; do you know if he is free?" R'nya waited patiently for the lady to collect herself after the mild greeting and polite question, figuring she was far more likely to be used to rushed and clipped sentences and bitching injured people. When he was given the nod, and instructions on where to find the young man he was seeking, R'nya nodded his thanks again and made his way in that direction, carrying the tray with great dignity once more.

Reaching the door to which he had been directed, R'nya knocked politely on it, balancing the loaded tray on one hand as he did so, and watching it wobble with a cautious eye. When there came a command to enter, R'nya twisted the handle and let himself in, walking halfway across the room before coming to a halt. The tray was adjusted carefully so the man could offer a salute, before standing at ease with his offering. "Morning, Sir." R'nya's voice was as mild as ever, lingering somewhere in casual neutrality as he took a few steps forward to place the tray lightly on Talian's desk, being sure not to upset anything the young man might have already allocated space to. Stepping back, R'nya linked his hands casually behind his back, and watched the Master with the same casual expression he usually wore. "May I have a moment of your time this morning?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Knocking? Who was knocking? Wasn't it still a bit early?

Staying true to his recent habits, Talian had skipped breakfast in favor of drinking an ocean of klah. He'd spent the majority of the morning rearranging his office, only to realize he hated it and rearrange it back the way it was before. It was a cycle of madness that he'd fallen into before, both at home and at Katila. Talian hated change. He liked his familiar space and his familiar arrangements with all his familiar things in familiar places, but sometimes Katila was so sharding boring that he felt the need to do something (anything) to keep him from going mad and doing exploratory surgery on himself.

And then, of course, the knocking.

"Yes?" Talian called out awkwardly, in the middle of shoving his last cabinet back into its familiar place. He wiped his forehead and moved to the middle of the room, only yo stop cold in his tracks at what he saw.

It wasn't just a dragonrider, it was a bronzerider. The evilest of the lot! The healer froze comically, blood running cold as he shrunk back ever so slightly. The fear was quite legitimate, but Talian managed to restrain himself from jumping out the window as he would have liked to. Animated responses didn't do much for him anymore. Instead, it was a quiet fear accented with only a brief recoil.

"Yes, sir?" he asked, speaking in the same reserved, soulless tone he'd used on his teachers back home.

Why was a dragonrider calling him 'sir' and bringing him food? The boy's pessimistic side assumed the 'sir' was a mockery. How badly Tal wished he hadn't dropped his damn knots on the floor during the previous summer! He wasn;t so paranoid to assume the damn bronzerider was there to poison him or whatever, though. So the healer dropped his guard slightly, cleared his throat, and willed himself to speak.

"Um, certainly," he said, meek. He tried to appear confident, but no amount of personal revelation could mend his inability to hide his emotions, it would seem. He'd changed quite a lot, but he still feared dragonriders. The only difference now? He wasn't actively wishing death on the man.

That didn't mean he thought he was safe, though.

Tal inched hesitantly towards his desk. "What can I do for you, sir?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

The young Master Healer's response was not unexpected, nor did it go unnoticed by the dragonrider quietly studying the young man he had come to see. Talian was an interesting one, and R'nya was not unaware of the ups and downs that had been a part of the Master's life since arriving at Katila, any less than he was aware of the fact that one of his greenriders considered the young man to be his child (a rather ironic relationship, when considering that the man's mate was barely any older than the Master) and that he had been the leading carer for several of his wingriders during the past turn or so.

"Thank you," R'nya responded mildly, his voice pitched lower and with a more calming effect than he would normally level into it. He knew Talian was a skittish one, and he had no desire to send the young man fleeing from him. He needed his advice, and his assistance, if the Wingleader was going to do his job properly, and bring the dragonriders he had been assigned into line without pitching the better part of the group back into Master Talian's hands and patient beds.

R'nya stood at ease as Talian inched toward his desk, not even trying to appear un-threatening; while the bronzerider had the ability to pull his wing into line - a rather interesting fact he had learned recently - the man's general appearance was relaxed, and unassuming; a major factor in why eyes had simply slid past him over the past fifteen turns.

"I would appreciate your advice, Sir. You are aware that the Weyrleader has reassigned Wings?" He was sure everyone was aware, even if not everyone were interested. The number of whining dragonriders that had been slinking around the Weyr, it was hard to miss. He was also sure the Hall had seen more than its fair share of them after each of the first Wing sessions. "The Weyrleader has honoured me with leadership of one. I would appreciate your insight into the health of several of the riders I know have been in your care over the past turn." R'nya paused, watching Talian silently for a moment. "I do not wish for you to break your confidences. I simply need to know how far I can push these men, without putting them in a patient's bed."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There was that unwanted 'sir' again. Talian narrowed his eyes mistrustfully at R'nya. The healer wanted badly to ask that R'nya stop mocking him, but he didn't dare actually voice his opinion on the matter. It never occurred to him that R'nya was serious. Riders didn't respect nonriders, that was a fact of life. There could scarcely be a larger difference between a Wingleader and a mere stolen northerner. R'nya was part of the leadership, whereas Talian was a prisoner. There was no way R'nya could possibly be serious.

Therefore, R'nya's unassuming stance didn't do much to help. Talian swallowed hard, maintaining his poise and composure reasonably well but still with notable flaws, as he turned to move to his record cabinet. "Certainly..." he said, bleeding mistrust as he opened his cabinet and retrieved a handful of folders containing his notes on the riders in question.

Talian set them down neatly on his desk and cleared his throat. He'd regained control of his hands, which no longer shook as he flipped open the first file.

"Bluerider01 has blood pressure problems," Talian said softly, his throat dry. He'd forgotten to swallow since the bronzerider entered the room. "He is on medication. High blood pressure can cause heart problems and sudden death, but his condition is under control. If he becomes tired and feels ill, he should be sent to me immediately." Talian spoke slowly and softly, no emotion present in his voice. It was like he was reading off a list of numbers, like these patients weren't even people. They were, but Talian could hardly express emotions for facts...or for dragonriders, most of the time.

"Greenrider02 is thin-blooded.  Overexertion may cause dizziness and weakness, or even fainting. It will be worse during her menstrual cycle. I've prescribed medication for thin blood and recommended she eat more red-blooded meat, but I don't believe she follows my instructions. " Stupid woman. Tal hated types like her,  so determined to be 'independent' that they hurt themselves by refusing to accept help.

Talian swallowed again. "Greenrider B'jin has an untreatable medical condition that will make recovery very difficult should he be injured," he said. "He would prefer I not share the details."

Oh, and one more. Talian's face shadowed with fear as he thumbed through S'kef's file. "..Brownrider S'kef suffered from an unknown illness several months ago. I wasn't able to diagnose him, nor was anyone else." This was a sour subject. Tal hated that man and knew he would have been no great loss, but Tal was a healer. He had to try and save the bastard. It was insulting that he'd tried so hard, and yet hadn't been able to.

For the first time ever, Tal had been stumped. He grimaced a bit. "He should be watched closely for signs of relapse. Shortness of breath, dizziness, fever, unexplained weakness, muscle aches, vomiting..." the healer recited. "I believe his illness was viral, rather than environmental...His body has likely developed an immunity to it, but since I don't know exactly what caused it, I can't say that with 100% certainty. If he shows any signs of illness, dismiss him and send him to me."

He slammed the file shut.

"...Anything else, sir?"

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R'nya neither commented on nor brought attention to his recognition of Talian's lack of comfort with him being in the office. The bronzerider gave a single nod of thanks as Talian agreed to assist him, watching with quiet calm as the young man moved about to get the things he needed in order to do so. Pale blue-grey eyes traced the young man's movements as he settled back at the desk, a slight frown creasing R'nya's forehead as he nodded at the introduction of the first bluerider.

It wasn't good, to hear of such medical conditioning in his wingriders, but R'nya was not surprised. In general, a dragonrider's lifestyle kept them much more fit and healthy than the average Pernese, and so kept issues such as blood pressure under control, as well as weight, diet, and physical abilities. That the Katilan population had lived such a relaxed lifestyle - as far as being a dragonrider was concerned - for the past decade spoke of how badly they needed to be put back into regular wing practices and exercises.

"I see." There was a hint of disapproval in R'nya's voice when he spoke, lips pursing into a flat line at the mentioning of the greenrider. More than a couple of his greenriders had particularly bad diets and he had already planned on personally making sure they pulled their acts together and ate better. It looked like he'd have to keep his eye on the women as well. While she may be the only one medically treated, R'nya wasn't above believing that such may be a common enough issue with the other women.

An eyebrow arched up R'nya's forehead, giving Talian a slightly sceptical look as he tried to figure out exactly how big a deal Greenrider B'jin's apparently 'untreatable' medical condition was. Delaying his recovery would prove bothersome if he were injured, but it would also depend upon the type of injury. R'nya pondered on that as he watched Talian prepare himself to speak of the next rider. The fear that came with bringing up S'kef wasn't at all missed, but it wasn't given undue attention either. S'kef was well known in some circles as sadistic and cruel. It was the kind of quiet talk that R'nya had taken turns to gather with any success. Being a wallflower had it's advantages and he enjoyed knowing things about his riders that they didn't know he knew. It kept him ahead of the game, and when your wing had ambition within it such as S'kef, M'bal and T'shiro, keeping ahead of the game was crucial if he wanted to be the best possible help to the Weyrleader in keeping them all securely under his thumb and in ranks the Weyrleader dictated they were to be retained within.

R'nya watched the file snap shut without blinking, pale gaze lifting to meet Talian's. "I do not believe so, Sir." He murmured thoughtfully, playing over the information he had been given. After a few more moments, R'nya's eyebrows lowered into a thoughtful frown, eyes seeking out Talian's gaze seconds later. When he saw nothing that would assist with unravelling the puzzle he was working on, R'nya decided to speak up. "Does his condition restrict first aid treatment?" He couldn't think of anything himself but the way the young man spoke belied a seriousness R'nya didn't quite understand being viable. Regardless, the Wingleader had no desire to attempt first aid and kill the man; greenriders were far too valuable. Never mind the Master's personal investment in the so named green.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

First aid? What a specific request. Talian's soft eyes met R'nya's, the young man's inner fear easily visible as he swallowed hard and muddled his way into a response.

"To be honest, sir, no one would should give him first aid except me," the healer said. He paused, trying to think of the least damaging way to elaborate.  "But if he's badly injured and I'm unavailable, certain kinds of first aid can be performed." He spoke in an overly-professional way, like he was addressing the Master Healer back at home. Extreme submission seemed to be the safest way to deal with these damn dragonriders. "Bones may be set and bleeding may be stopped, but he must not be drugged in any way," he said, his emphasis betraying the deadly seriousness of his words.

"No medication, under any circumstances," Talian reiterated. "Not even the simplest of sedatives or painkillers. The other healers have been forbidden to treat him as well." Well, there was an arrangement for someone else to take over if Talian was unable to get there in time to save B'jin's life, but what were the chances of that?

All this talk of B'jin's allergy took Talian's mind back to his dozen or so leads on a cure.  None had been promising thus far, though. He wanted badly to get back to work on it, but he couldn't with this bronzerider looming over him. R'nya's quietly, lofty mannerism reminded Talian so much of his father that it was making his hair stand on end, not to mention making him highly bitter about his entire situation. Didn't bronzeriders have anything better to do than mock captives?

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R'nya's usually unruffled features contorted into a mild frown, the bronzerider considering seriously that which Talian had just told him with a light pursing of the lips. Obviously, the greenrider had something going on as far as being drugged was concerned. Allergies were uncommon, and the young Master Healer hadn't given anything that would indicate an allergy; R'nya assumed the greenrider was simply one of those that responded extremely to being drugged. Not overly surprising, considering the man's flighty nature.

The Wingleader gave a thoughtful nod, his gaze far away as he considered what he had been offered. Perhaps he would need to speak to the greenrider himself. At any rate, he would need to speak to the wing to make sure everyone was aware of the restrictions placed upon the greenrider should he require first aid. He wouldn't have the young Master angry with him because one of his wingriders did something stupid.

"Very well. Thank you, Sir." R'nya's expression cleared and he looked back up at Talian, eyes bright and alive. The bronzerider saluted smartly, completely serious, before excusing himself. He knew enough to know that the young Master likely wouldn't realise he was waiting to be excused if he stood around waiting, so he took it upon himself.

The visit had been short, and to the point, but R'nya felt much more confident in his ability to keep his wingriders on par now, and while the conversation surrounding Greenrider B'jin was both confusing and somewhat worrisome, there was no need to get overly anxious about it. He'd likely need to speak to the greenrider eventually though, before alerting at least his Wingsecond.

Giving Talian a last nod of gratitude, R'nya slipped outside and shut the door lightly, striding down the hall with determination.

[sup]You can tag again with Tal, or lock it up. S'up to you dear <3[/sup]

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)