World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Step By Step [J'ver]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"You've gained weight," the healer said cautiously, expression blank as he looked over the body of the brownrider before him. Delicate fingers poked and prodded, medically satisfied by the improvement but both physically and mentally cowed by his patient. "And gained definition. That means you've put on m-muscle," he said.

The timid young man glanced over his shoulder at the greenrider looming at the door. Time had passed, but it was like a blink of an eye to Talian. Nothing had changed. The young man held his head sigh and tried his best to maintain his dignity, but it took an awful lot to make his practiced surgeon's hands tremble.

"Tell me something I don't know," S'kef said, cruel eyes locking on the young healer as he sat lethargically on the exam table. It was annoying, sitting there shirtless while this little brat prattled on about minor details. Talian refused to make eye contact, a rare thing, and articulated his response with as much confidence and as little stammering as he could manage.

"I see no signs of relapse. You've managed to put on muscle and increase your reaction times and f-flexibility. The degenerative qualities of your illness have receded and the damage done seems to have r-reversed itself. I believe you are fully recovered."

Talian swallowed hard and looked back to J'ver once more, reluctant to turn his back on the man. "Brownrider S'kef, may I see your hand? I need to t-test for sensation. I recall you'd lost some of the feeling in your l-left hand."

S'kef sighed, unwilling to feign patience for the little healer, and extended his hand. While Talian examined him, he looked to his greenrider, face curling into a grin. "Good news, eh J'ver? Looks like wing practice has done me more good than I thought." S'kef was rather proud of his swift improvement.  It was nice to be able to close his hand fully without feeling pain, much less run without getting winded. He wasn't sure if the medicines he'd been taking or the workouts were to thank, but he was inclined to assume neither; he was just awesome.

As S'kef peered over Talian's shoulder and locked eyes with J'ver, he smiled. His eyes were filled with promise. His full recovery was an important milestone, and they had a world to take over.

He leaned in for a kiss. It was not a suggestion.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Every time Talian glanced at him, J’ver offered a serene smile. He was the spitting image of polite, well-behaved, and respectful greenrider. Talian’s nervousness would be seen as natural given how everyone knew he didn’t like his new place in life. No one would ever know he had spent a night doing as he pleased to the Master Healer now working so diligently on S’kef and that made the fear all the more delicious. Of course he still regretted the inability to get Talian to see things his way and become his new favourite toy but J’ver would take what he could, and no doubt try taking more down the line. He was just too adorable to resist forever now that the little details like revenge were out of the way.

“Now, S’kef, no need to bite the man’s head off. He’s making sure he’s covering all areas thoroughly. Besides, I’m sure it’s all for my benefit as I am only a greenrider.” J’ver was clever and could think quickly on his feet, which had saved his ass more times than he could recall, and wasn’t above pandering to S’kef’s ego to keep that fiery temper cooled. “But he has a wonderful way with words, doesn’t he?” J’ver enjoyed that stumbling over a word here and there, showing how weak Talian was around them. He loved the fear he inspired, though it was likely more due to S’kef’s presence but J’ver was okay with that as well since he was feared by default when they were together.

With a content sigh, J’ver finally moved in closer and chuckled softly as he brushed the back of his fingers down Talian’s arm, “I know some other tests for sensation you can try, sweetling,” J’ver whispered lowly though S’kef could still hear. It was more to make sure anyone nosy and stupid enough to be listening at the door wouldn’t catch anything sexual he implied to Talian. “If you’re up for it, Master Healer.” He wouldn’t be, of course, but J’ver wasn’t about to let the boy forget that he was both on J’ver’s radar and he could seek him out for fun anytime he wished.

J’ver didn’t linger long beside Talian and moved to stand a few feet away once more. It was a respectable pace from the man at work but still close enough to be included in the conversations. “It’s excellent news, S’kef. I propose we celebrate tonight, if the good Master Healer gives you a clean bill of health.” He knew exactly how he wanted to celebrate and gave S’kef a wicked grin.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian stiffened at the unwanted touch. His expression became deathly blank in the following moments as he found himself trapped between the two men, one uttering unwanted sexual comments while the other simply stared death at him, and not even in a deliberate way! S'kef looked so sharding bored, so uninterested and so contemptuous, that Talian felt he might wither and die just from being exposed to his expression.

These men had done a lot of terrible things, both to Talian and to people that he cared for. He steadied himself as best he could, nervously yet dutifully continuing with his work, not bothering to reply to J'ver.

S'kef sighed, snapping his head towards J'ver and frowning. His expression was almost-accusing, intended to remind J'ver of what exactly the foul little healer had done to them. S'kef held his tongue, however. He knew that for some reason, on some level, J'ver liked Talian. S'kef would tolerate it, though it clearly blew his mind. The things he put up with for his sweet little greenrider!

The brownrider not-frowned at J'ver's final statement. That was indeed a nice promise, but S'kef would have preferred J'ver keep the sexual comments private. That was probably too much to hope for at this point, and S'kef decided to take it as a compliment rather than get too riled over something he'd asked for the day he confessed his love to the little snot.

Talian piped up. "Do you have any lingering s-sensitivity or pressure in your joints?"

S'kef glared at him. "Learn to address a dragonrider properly. And no. I've been able to move just fine and everything feels normal."

Tal swallowed hard. "I see. Well, sir...it seems you check out. I b-believe what you suffered from was a southern variation of an uncommon illness back home. Your body has had time to adapt and develop and immunity, so it's u-unlikely to recur..." Tal was amazingly composed for someone so frightened. Only his stammering voice betrayed him.

"Good. Thanks."

With that, S'kef brushed Talian aside and stood up. His hard expression softened to one of smug self-satisfaction as he took a step towards J'ver, brushing against the greenrider almost playfully as he headed for the door. He wasn't going to jump with to public displays of affection with Talian in the room, but he could tease his greenie with a little bump while walking.

"Come on, J'ver. Let's leave the healer to his tools and herbs." Once he was safely in the hallway, S'kef turned on his heels and let loose a wicked grin, planning to seize his little greenrider the moment he rounded the corner.

A clean bill of health...what amazing news.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Your services are always appreciated, Master Healer Talian,” J’ver purred, the innuendo obvious in his tone as he placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. He gave it two light pats in a gesture of ‘congratulations on not screwing up and being allowed to continue living’ but also as a farewell. He couldn’t quite explain why he liked the meek Healer so much given what he had done to their lives but a good lay was a good lay and J’ver had thoroughly enjoyed using the adorable figure he walked by as much as he enjoyed the noises the boy made during the night. One day he would snatch Talian up again but it wasn’t anything planned for the immediate future, not when he could derive so much joy out of watching Talian squirm in their presence during normal day activities.

J’ver was grinning, quite pleased with himself as he left Talian behind to dutifully catch up to and follow S’kef. He hadn’t, however, been expecting the brownrider to be waiting just around the corner and nearly ran into as he skidded to a halt just before bumping into that solid frame. His mouth opened to spill pretty words declaring he never doubted S’kef’s health and the speed of his recovery but he knew better before he spoke them. Given his betrayal of scouting other brown- and bronzeriders while S’kef laid more or less on his deathbed and the way S’kef reacted when he found out, J’ver decided not to take them down that path again. “Further proof you’re unstoppable,” he went with instead. His brownrider did enjoy flattery and J’ver enjoyed knowing he had wisely invested everything into one man.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Strong arms closed around the greenrider as he came to a sharp halt. S'kef smiled, looking almost charmed by the smaller man's surprise. A look of sadistic delight appeared on the brownrider's face, subtle at first but blossoming into something much more as J'ver made his flattering comment. J'ver was so precious. S'kef couldn't read minds and J'ver was a master of deception, but S'kef's suspicious nature still brought his memories back to J'ver's pseudo-betrayal during his illness.

"Unstoppable,"  S'kef agreed, purring the single word as his hands lingered dangerously around J'ver's throat for a moment. It was a warning, though it's sincerity wasn't certain. Part of it was a morbid form of flirting. S'kef had adopted a soft affection for J'ver, but that didn't mean he didn't relish reminding the greenrider where the power lied. If anything, J'ver belonged to S'kef even more now. The brownrider watched, fingers dragging lightly over soft skin while he searched for J'ver's reaction.

"My sweet boy," S'kef amended after a moment of delighted scrutiny. He brought his hands up to cup the greenrider's cheeks and leaned in for a gentle kiss, though not before double checking with Tyrrisath that no one was watching. S'kef let his lips linger against J'ver's for a few long seconds before pulling away. "Come with me; we need to talk about something," S'kef said, tone sly and thoughtful. He winked at the greenrider, his way of assuring J'ver that nothing was wrong, but in fact the intended business was something good. S'kef looked energized, intrigued, and just a little bit predatory. He had blood on his mind, and who better to share it with?

He turned and walked away, quickly making his way outside where Tyrrisath was waiting. The brown's eyes flushed blue, the nearest to a greeting that either man received, and lowered his head. He rumbled for a few short moments and  set his eyes on J'ver; a silent invitation for J'ver to join S'kef upon his back. Rilaleeyth, the beautiful dear, was napping. Tyrrisath sent a silent nudge to her, encouraging her to wake. Meet me by the lake, my dear he purred lightly. I shall bring J'ver. No harm will come to him.

It was a first, or at least a first since the plague. S'kef climbed onto the brown's back and held out his hand. "C'mon, I don't have all day," he mumbled, trying to hide his motivations with a bit of coarseness. Yeah, he was inviting J'ver for a ride on Tyrrisath...what of it?

That wasn't special or anything. Or extremely rare.

S'kef tried to frown, but a hint of affection remained visible behind his eyes. Tyrrisath was exceptionally personable as well, offering J'ver a second mild croon of encouragement. It wasn't every day that he let some other filthy human on his back.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Regardless of the level of sincerity, the hand near his throat was more than enough to remind J’ver exactly how much power S’kef held over him. He wasn’t foolish enough anymore to believe he held major sway – some, yes, but enough to change the way the brownrider thought? Not at all – and while he likely would continue to give S’kef the game of seeing who was in charge in various situations, J’ver knew in the end he never would be and it was foolish to think he could ever cheat his way to the top with someone else. This particular brownrider was all J’ver needed. Still, the hand at his neck didn’t cause him to flinch but close his eyes in silent resignation. If he was to be punished, there was nothing to change S’kef’s mind.

The gentle touch to his cheek and kiss that followed instead of fingers flexing into his bared neck was a surprise and pale blue eyes fluttered open to show their shock. Naturally he was delighted by such a show of display but at the same time J’ver started to wonder if he truly was in trouble again. Everything seemed a bit off but whether it was for good or bad was hard to tell. S’kef’s words were only partially soothing; after all, hadn’t the older man once before acted like all was well before nearly destroying him? This was different, J’ver reassured himself as he followed outside. S’kef was in an amazing mood which was evident from the colouring of his cheeks to the light in his eyes to even the bounce in his step. If there was to be pain, J’ver didn’t think it would be his they were headed to.

J’ver came to an abrupt stop when he saw only Tyrrisath, which in and of itself could be jarring but wasn’t the sole cause this time, but the silent invitation those eyes the greenrider swore could see right into the minds of everyone without even trying was truly shocking. A rider rarely rode another’s dragon just as most dragons preferred their extra passengers be a non-rider to avoid, J’ver assumed, hissy fits. He himself had never rode aback another dragon since Impressing and he almost hesitated until Rilaleeyth’s presence brushed against his mind as warm as the sun she had been napping in. She soothed any fears and insisted it was okay since it was Tyrrisath and she trusted him to keep her darling J’ver safe.

Not wanting to seem rude by continuing to delay the mounting after S’kef offered a hand and Tyrrisath crooned to him, J’ver nodded his head in thanks to Tyrrisath and quickly climbed atop the large beast. As soon as he was settled, it felt odd. The sensation was mostly the same but he knew it wasn’t Rilaleeyth beneath him not only from the obvious colouring of the hide to how his legs held onto the dragon just that tad bit differently but the level of trust was wrong. J’ver knew he was safe, especially since he had S’kef sitting right there with him, but it wasn’t the bond he knew was always there for him. Again Rilaleeyth insisted all was well and J’ver started to grow annoyed with himself as well and brushed aside the peculiar sensations long enough to make the quick trip to the lake where a smile appeared when Rilaleeyth sat primly on the edge, having left her favourite sunning location as soon as her precious brown had called for her to meet him. A croon was given in greeting to all three males with a gentle nuzzle of nose to nose for Tyrrisath as they landed.

Once his booted feet felt the sand beneath them, J’ver moved to his dragon to rub at her eye ridges affectionately but held off on any private conversations. They could keep a while longer but whatever S’kef wanted to tell him didn’t seem like it could. “What was it you wanted to talk about?” To be in a rather remote area and with the mood S’kef was in, J’ver was thoroughly intrigued.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The flight was short, but both dragon and rider enjoyed it. S'kef wrapped his arms tightly around J'ver, who no doubt was startled by the difference in size between his current mount and the dainty green he was accustomed to. Be gentle with him he instructed Tyrrisath, who implied wordlessly that S'kef was a fool for doubting that he would. As if Tyrrisath was that stupid! S'kef was pleased by the response, for Tyrrisath clearly knew what was expected of him. S'kef chuckled deeply in J'ver's ear, a gesture that may have seemed menacing, but was nothing more than an odd but sincere moment of affection between dragon and rider.

Upon landing, Tyrrisath lowered his head for the pair to dismount and rumbled once more. S'kef's admitted affection for J'ver encouraged Tyrrisath to accept the greenrider as worthy of his own attention. The brown had always liked Rilaleeyth, but J'ver was slimy and often smelled like his weird little garden plants. Tyrrisath always assumed that one day J'ver would betray them and would have to be eaten. Now that would be a shame, for Rilaleeyth was far too lovely to suffer any harm! S'kef's full confidence in J'ver therefore came as a welcome relief. Tyrrisath could relax around the little bastard and enjoy his green's company guilt-free, and for this, the dragon could only approve.

Tyrrisath wasn't sure how he felt about the weird things that went on in S'kef's head as a result, though. It was too fluffy. Unimpressed with the rider's sudden flourish of warmth as he wrapped his arms around J'ver on the ground, Tyrrisath just backed away.

He likes you Tyrrisath aid to J'ver alone, tone filled with the driest of observational humor. There was a slight after-note of approval, present enough to be noticed but not so prominent to be distracting. Tyrrisath was a master of subtlety, and those three words were more than enough to sum up his feelings: the relationship was new and different, but it had the brown's seal of approval. With that, Tyrrisath took off to arrange himself beside Rilaleeyth, whom he greeted with tenderness.

S'kef plans to take over the world he mused lightly. And he will invite J'ver to join him. It will be nice. Tyrrisath spoke only with confidence, for he had no concept of failure.

Back by the lake, S'kef seated himself and patted the ground beside him. "Have a seat, J'ver," he said. The brownrider's eyes clouded with wickedness and delight as he reviewed his plan and leaned in close. "You know how slow things have been for us, my dear pet..." he sighed softly, one hand creeping around J'ver's waist. "Things haven't gone as I'd hoped since I recovered from my illness...And ever since losing my job, repairing my image has been...difficult."

He leaned close and whispered his true intentions in J'ver's ear.

He pulled back, eyes wide and bright with malice. "And you are going to help me."

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver would have snorted his amusement at such a dry and obvious observation if it wasn’t for the fact that that was only the second time since knowing S’kef that Tyrrisath had bespoken him. It was still odd, even foreign considering dragons tended to avoid him on their riders’ orders, yet it was pleasant. There was always a confidence in his smooth voice and J’ver respected any male that never doubted himself or what he believed. Still unable to find the ability to speak thanks to the continuing success Tyrrisath seemed to have in shocking him, J’ver nodded once more and even managed a small smile before allowing himself to be distracted by S’kef pulling him close.

Rilaleeyth was almost as quiet and shy as her rider when Tyrrisath came over to sit with her. He was always kind to her but today everyone seemed to be in higher spirits and her precious brown earned an extra nuzzle and not for the first time she wished she could hug someone like their riders could. It seemed to bring J’ver such joy now when before it was odd to him and almost unbearable with how his space and comfort levels were demolished. J’ver will like that. He has always wanted that since it was mentioned. He holds himself to high expectations and I think your bonded is a perfect match. Rilaleeyth didn’t like to over analyse everyone, preferring to go on her womanly instincts and how people presented themselves to others but S’kef had earned a little extra pondering whenever J’ver started to think about things. The brownrider was still scary and intimidating but he truly was a good match and one of the only humans that seemed to fully understand J’ver.

Still far too intrigued to do anything else, J’ver parked himself beside S’kef and waited patiently – something he was surprisingly good at thanks to his information gathering from the shadows – for the point to be reached. When it finally was, icy blue eyes were large with shock. Could they really do that? There would be a lot of logistics to figure out and morals to completely discard – oh, who was he kidding? In the end, J’ver often believed S’kef had more morals than him so it wouldn’t be an issue. The more he thought over the idea, the more it made sense and seemed completely doable. Yes, planning would take some time and he would make sure they took as much as was needed without rushing.

Finally, a slow and easy though incredibly cunning and lethal grin appeared. “Of course I am. Like you’d succeed without me.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Yes Tyrrisath agreed with satisfaction, a low rumble escaping from his broad chest. He snuggled closer to the green, tail twining gently around her, before exhaling slowly and setting his head on the ground. Tyrriusath didn't need to elaborate on the perfection of their bond. S'kef and J'ver complimented one another perfectly, as did he and Rilaleeyth. The flight was long gone from his mind, as was the way of dragons, but even when S'kef thought of it in passing Tyrrisath was unmoved. Who cared? Flights were flights, but with whom did precious Rilaleeyth choose to spend her time when her mind was her own?

S'kef sensed the affection and quickly compared it to his own attitude towards J'ver. The feisty green often inspired uncharacteristic fondness in S'kef, who couldn't help but regard the delicate man as adorable and sweet, in spite of J'ver's obvious lack of sweetness. S'kef thought he was sweet, especially that precious look of surprise and slow realization that appeared on his face after S'kef shared his secret. Look at J'ver! The wheels in his head were turning sure enough! Infinitely pleased by his clever pet's reaction, S'kef reached out to squeeze his hand.

"Of course I wouldn't," he conceded, smirking devilishly as he did. He leaned close, lips lingering close to the greenrider's ear. "Just like you'd be in the gutter without me, pet," he said lowly, brushing his lips over J'ver's earlobe before pulling back.

He smiled again, that hint of deviousness still lingering on his face. His heart skipped a beat in excitement. "No one else has the strength. No one but you and me," he said with cold confidence. "There are plenty of details to consider, of course. Many of which I'll have to trust you with," he purred. "I can trust you, right J'ver?" The expression softened just a bit. J'ver had failed him before. S'kef would have dumped anyone else between, but J'ver was special..Special, and  S'kef was putting his faith in him.

The brownrider reached out and lifted J'ver's chin with one curled finger. "Think of what I will be able to give you," he promised.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver didn’t like to believe he’d be in the gutter without S’kef. Perhaps he wouldn’t be nearly as safe or perhaps he would have found someone stronger if they hadn’t had the plague to deal with. Though, even he had to admit that all of that was likely to be more wishful thinking than anything that could feasibly happened. He had been lucky in finding and latching onto S’kef and how their relationship had developed so perhaps if the brownrider had tossed him aside after one mistake or another, J’ver would have been left to his own devices, suffering alone while trying to find the perfect piece of information to use against someone to gain their social status by association. Any which way he looked at it, he didn’t like being reminded of his lot in life thanks to the colour of Rilaleeyth’s hide. He had shown how worthy he was time and time again and would continue to do so for the rest of their days and the current plan was going to be the best way to prove it.

“Quite a few in fact but nothing I can’t easily take care of. On this you can rest securely on your trust in me, S’kef,” he knew he had made a few large screw ups in the past but that was where they stayed. J’ver learned from his mistakes, adjusted strategies to compensate for such previously unexpected mishaps, and continued to improve. This plan was too important to have even the smallest of matters go wrong. He would take his time mapping out every detail and come up with several ways to approach the matter before considering putting the plan into action. J’ver was rather delighted to have such a task for them to plan and couldn’t wait until they started building on it before it finally happened. He could almost taste the victory already.

“Oh, I am,” J’ver already had a list forming of what he would want and could get once they were successful. If he hadn’t already been intrigued and willing to assist with such a plan, the rewards alone would have been enough motivation. “And think about what a happy pet can do to please his master,” he purred and lowered his head to catch S’kef’s finger in his mouth to lightly suck and run his tongue around to tease the brownrider that had so thoroughly captured him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef laughed briefly at J'ver's adorable gesture. "I love you" S'kef said, pulling his finger back before wrapping one strong arm around J'ver's midsection and pulling him close. Ever since his confession, S'kef had been more openly affectionate towards his greenrider, but no less possessive. In fact, he may have become even more possessive. J'ver was no longer a hireling, but absolutely his, his to own and his to care for. S'kef still jerked J'ver to his side and issued snapping orders, but there was markedly more kindness to reward obedience. It wasn't overwhelming kindness, but it was there. S'kef didn't know how to be properly affectionate anyhow, at least not as most would define it.

But would J'ver have wanted 'proper' affection? Coddling and doting? Or would the greenrider be too off-put by such uncharacteristic crooning? S'kef was his partner, not his babysitter, and J'ver was still a wily little thing! He needed structure in order to thrive. J'ver needed to be manhandled and told what to do! How else would the poor thing ever make it? How else could he make use of his extraordinary talents, without someone to help give him direction?

S'kef wasn't above giving J'ver some credit too, though. J'ver was a master of the subtlety that S'kef lacked. What a perfect little sidekick! Well, a sidekick today. What would tomorrow bring?

S'kef held J'ver close for a few long seconds. A happy pet was a reward in and of itself, a source of all manner of delicious pleasures...but S'kef didn't say that out loud. No need to be sappy. "Damn right," was all he said, giving J'ver a squeeze before releasing him and leaning in for a kiss. He pressed his lips firmly against J'ver's and lingered for a few long moments.

"I trust you, Jai," S'kef said in a moment for rare, vulnerable honesty. He was trying his best to maintain his composure, but the blend of excitement and nervousness in his gut was getting hard to ignore. S'kef usually expressed his extreme emotions in the form of anger. Right now, without anything to be actually angry about and in direct denial of his softer feelings, S'kef wasn't sure what sort of outlet he was looking for. Ambition glowed within him. Rarely did the brownrider boil with such energy, and even more rarely was he so conflicted on how to express it.

It was rare to feel this good.

After a moment, the brownrider knew that he couldn't restrain himself any more. He snatched J'ver's shirt and attempted to pitch the smaller man into the grass. S'kef pounced shamelessly, overwhelmed by the prospects of what lay before them. He straddled the greenrider and smirked down at him, cold and confident, though his heart slammed wildly in his chest.

"You and me, Jai."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)