World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Musings [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
The Blue rider had taken over an empty section of the crafthall, though he wasn't doing anything more than mending some of his clothes. He had just had to get out of the barracks for a while, and since it was a little too cold out to be in the vineyard, he had decided that this would be as good of a place as any.

His dragon wasn't with him, having chosen not to leave his comfortable napping place back in the barracks, and the male was indulging in a rare bit of aloneness. He didn't regret impressing Pistoth, but sometimes, it was just overwhelming. Sometimes he wished that he would just wake up and find himself back in the vineyard that he had been taken from, to discover that this was just one really strange dream.

Not very often though, but he was feeling homesick, and since he knew that he wasn't going to get to go home, this was the next best thing. Especially since Pistoth knew that his rider didn't really feel that way.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#e5eff9;"][color=#849BAF]Pistoth[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The blurider wasn’t the only one to be about the task of mending clothing. As it would happen, Jisralna—one of the Weyr’s young women with training in the Weavercraft—had just acquired a new load of clothing to hem, patch or scrap entirely. With a shawl wrapped around her shoulders and a spring in her step she moved, mostly by memory, towards one of the more secluded yet still well lit corners of the craft hall, barely able to see over her pile of clothing. In fact, it became quite clear that she hadn’t been able to see when she unceremoniously dropped the pile of clothing a few feet from the Weyrling then stopped mid hum on a squeak.

“Shards!” She blushed and a long-fingered hand shot up, fingertips covering her mouth as color rose in her cheeks. Sucking in her full lips, a sign of chagrin, she let her hand fall and quickly rearranged and smoothed her full skirt, quite embarrassed to have been caught so off guard as to curse and in front of what she was sure was a rider. Delicately clearing her throat she offered a sheepish smile and bowed her head, auburn bangs glinting in the mid-afternoon light that streamed through the nearby windows. “Beg your pardon, Sir. I did not see you there. I can move elsewhere if you wish.”

Of course she could always go and join the other weavers and women who mended the clothing but for some reason they always insisted on gossiping. Jisralna didn’t mind so much; she liked to know what was going on in the Weyr, but when they tried to drag her into the fray she did get a little uncomfortable. It wasn’t her place to say things about another person behind their back and most especially not a dragonrider! Ducking, she began to gather the pile of clothing into her arms once more; she’d just have to find a different place then.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The sounds of footsteps didn't even have the weyrling looking up, knowing that there were always people coming and going in the crafthall. It was the best place for getting work done, even if what you were doing wasn't part of official craft duties.

It wasn't until he heard 'shards' that Echlerov even looked up, only to find a woman standing in front of him, and a pile of clothing on the floor.

"There's no need of a sir," the weyrling said, smiling. "It's just Echlerov, and you are more than welcome to stay. The company would be nice." He could use someone to distract him from his pity party, and he was never one to say no to a pretty girl. Or a pretty boy for that matter. He grinned.
"Plus, if you'd like, once I'm done with this, I'd be more than willing to give you a hand. I'm fairly decent at mending things."
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin had finished up with his chores and went off to see if he could find Jisralna and spend some time with her. He hurried along  knowing that she probably wouldn't be with the other ladies so he went searching for her. He saw her talking it seemed to  one the riders it looked like and he was a bit hesitant to interrupt them. After all it looked like she was talking to a handsome man and Seijin wasn't one to get in the way if she was interested in the guy. He knew though that he came to far to just turn around and walk away so he just gave her a soft wave in greeting knowing she probably already seen him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Still a little flustered and embarrassed that she’d sworn in front of a dragonrider—or anyone at all for that matter—Jisra continued to fuss with her skirts and the apron she’d tied over them, keeping her gaze downcast until he extended an offer to share the decently lit place. Blinking, cheeks still flushed, she looked up from beneath lashes and offered a shy smile. It of course was her intention to get out more and meet people she had not properly met before, but that didn’t make it any easier. “My name is Jisralna and I would be glad to keep you company, Sir.”

It slipped out, a force of habit really. Not only was he dragonrider but he was likely a ranked man otherwise. In truth, it was probably not a habit she was likely ever to break. Nearly twenty-five years was far too long to be doing something to change on a pin drop. Though, when he offered to help with the mending, her eyes went a little wide, looking more grey than green in the slanted sunlight. Perhaps he was a Weaver though she rather thought that she would recognize him if he were. That’s not to say she knew every Weaver there ever was, but if he’d been to Weaver Crafthall in the past decade surely she would recognize him?

“Oh! That is remarkably kind of you, but you do not have to.” Stooping once more she began to form the pile so that it wasn’t so sprawled. She was of the opinion that while currently it was necessary—what with the shortage of able bodied individuals—that dragonriders should worry about one thing only…their dragons and that together that had far more pressing matters than things like mending. This was one young woman who took her Duty Song very seriously. “You would be surprised how quickly I can finish a pile like this.”

Her eyes twinkled, reflecting the faint smile that curled on her lips. She wasn’t a Weaver for nothing and the needle was almost like an extension of herself just as a hammer was to a smith or a guitar to a harper. While she was fussing with the pile, she caught a man waving to her from the corner of her eye and turned her head, auburn braid sliding over her shoulder and down her front. Seijin! Smiling, she returned the wave, beckoning the man closer. “Dragonrider, I do no know if you know my friend; this is Candidate Seijin.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"The pleasure is all mine," the weyrling responded, grinning brightly at Jisralna. She had a pretty name. He merely shook his head at her sir, chuckling a bit. Oh, she was adorable. "And I know I don't have to, but, if you'll excuse me for being honest, I'm really just looking for a distraction. I'm having a homesick sort of day, and since I don't want to upset my dragon, the idea is to get it by distracting myself with work." He grinned wryly. "I'm not sure how effective it is though."

Oh she was a darling. "There is very little that surprises me anymore," he teased. Not entirely true, but not really false either. He had had to adjust to surprises, with his adorable hyper blue.

He glanced over towards where she was waving at, noticing the boy, and then hearing her introduction. He observed the boy for a moment, and then shook his head. "I don't believe I do." He was vaguely familiar, and Echlerov suspected that the candidate had likely been searched for the World Above Clutch. There had been an influx of candidates then, and Echlerov hadn't gotten to know very many of them. "Are you going to join us, Seijin?" He grinned at the boy. "I promise I don't bite." 
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin's smile widened as he saw Jisralna beckon him closer to them. He heard Echlerov comment and Seijin just had to grin and comment softly. " Unless I ask or beg you to right." He joked softly and slightly flirty his eyes shining and a soft smile on his face. He couldn't resist.  "Its nice to meet you Sir. " Seijin smiled brightly  and gave a slight bow in greeting. "My duty to you and your dragon. I would love to join you that is as long as I am not intruding. I would not wish to be a bother if you were busy. " His voice was soft and gentle as he spoke . He didn't wanna interrupt or cause any problems specially for Jisralna.

He wasn't sure if he had meet this rider back during one of the other hatching's or not. He had meet an influx of people at that one crazy hatching he was at that it was mostly all a blur and he really wasn't ready for any of it yet. He studied the rider softly from beneath his eye lashes trying not to call attention to him observing him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Manners, it was something she valued highly and rather appreciated in dragonriders. There were some that seemed to not fully grasp the concept of manners, but then that could be said for non-riders as well. More than a few Candidates and Weyrfolk had much to learn in the art of courtesy; but not this one. His frank honesty was quite refreshing as well, she’d come to rather admire the trait as Seijin possessed something of the same in his nature. “I think we all suffer from homesickness at times to varying degrees. Distraction does usually work quite well.”

It was then that Seijin finally joined them, and Jisra turned a warm smile on the younger man as he greeted the dragonrider in proper fashion. Though, the quips between the two men, while nearly lost on the young woman, were suggestive enough to make her blush. She was still getting used to the concept of male-male relationships and did her best not to dwell overly much on the fact that Seijin seemed to prefer such relations. Blushing, she suddenly became very interested in her pile of clothing and settled herself quietly beside it, consequently in the middle of the two men.

“Oh, I do not mind, Seijin, please say you do not mind the company, Sir. After all, you did say you wished for a distraction.” Her voice still soft, she glanced up at Seijin, a dimpled smile flashing just a glimpse of well kept teeth. She turned her smile rather innocently to Echlerov, green-grey eyes eager. Pulling out her sewing supplies even as she waited for a response, Jisra pulled several tunics into her lap then deftly threaded a needle with the proper shade of thread and turned her attention to her task. Holding the needle carefully between her lips, the tail of thread fluttering slightly with each breath, she lifted the first garment and made quick work of locating the places she would need to mend or patch then glanced up again, first at Seijin then at Echlerov as she took the needle from her mouth. “If you do not mind my asking, Sir. Would you tell me of your dragon?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Echlerov's eyes were bright with amusement as he responded back to the younger man. "Of course," he teased back, his voice low. "If that's what brings you pleasure." He could have continued the bantering happily, but he was mindful of the fact that they weren't alone, and so he merely smirked at Seijin. "You're not intruding at all."

Or at least he didn't think he was, and since Jisralna was also asking for him to stay, it seemed as if the boy was welcome. "Besides, the more the merrier right?" And the best part about doing it this way, was that he hadn't had to go and seek out people. They had come to him.

"Oh, I think I can do that." Oh, could he. Pistoth was a part of him, and it was no hardship to talk about him. "But on one condition, I want to know about you guys too." That was the best part of meeting new people, learning all about them. But how would be the best way to do this. Well, best to start with the basics, right? "My dragon is Pistoth, he's a blue, one of the palest ones that I know of. He looks almost white, and he glitters in the sunlight. He's really pretty to watch in the air, especially when he's just playing. He's one of the larger blues of his clutch, and I'm pretty sure that he's going to end up one of the bigger blues of the whole weyr." At least until there were more hatchlings. "He's," what words did he have to describe what Pistoth was, "very enthusiastic. And can be kind of impulsive. He's very curious, and hates to see anyone unhappy." That pretty much summed up his blue, and so Echlerov would leave it at that. If either of them had questions, they were more than welcome to ask them, but he really wasn't sure what else to say about his love.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin  green eyes shined brightly as he listened to Echlerov respond to his light flirtation. He knew that it sometimes did make Jisralna a bit uncomfortable but there were times  he couldn't resist a little bit of flirting  but he did tend to keep it on the down low for her sake. He sat down when they both said that he was welcome to stay and curled his legs in under him where he sat. 

He smiled when Jisralna asked about  Echlerov's dragon and he perked up  very interested in hearing about the dragon. He was glad that Jisralna asked the question and gave her a big smile.

Seijin ran hand threw his hair and though about it.  " There's not really much to tell about me. I'm just a candidate right now and a lowly tanner. I haven't done anything really impressive to be noteworthy of.  I arrived here the same month that Jisralna did  (He avoided the word stolen as that was usually though of as a bad thing to be stolen from his home and brought here so he avoids the word when he can. )I was brought here by a very charming and handsome bluerider.  So when Jisralna and I  meet  we became friends pretty much right off the bat cause she does beautiful design work and I  enjoy making new colors so that she can have bright colors to put into her works of art. " Seijin said softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The young woman’s face lit up as Echlerov agreed to tell them of his dragon. It was almost silly how giddy even the sight of a happy dragon made Jisralna; it brought her back to her childhood, before the dragons had disappeared, banished to the Southern Continent as she now knew. If the older man had promised a visitation with his young dragon, the Weaver probably would have agreed to anything. As it was, she nodded eagerly, any awkwardness from the moment before evaporating. Of course when Echlerov revealed the color of his dragon a grin split Jisra’s face, dimples appearing in either cheek. She adored blues! And the second he gave a physical description, Jisralna knew exactly which dragon he had been claimed by.

“I have seen him, he is beautiful!” Her voice was breathy and her eyes took on an adoring gleam. She had seen the blue—Pistoth—frolicking in the air and had used his form and motion more than once in the simple charcoal sketches she did; ideas for future embroidery. When he finally finished the description of his lifemate, Jisralna had a wad of fabric clutched to her stomach and looked almost…well nostalgic might have been the kindest word. She really did love blue dragons; more than was probably considered normal especially since she would never, ever Impress one, nor would she want to.

As Seijin took the lead in sharing about himself, the young woman took a moment to compose herself—once she realized how silly she must look, of course—and taking a deep breath, settled her features into friendly interest. Of course she already knew much about Seijin and he wasn’t very forthcoming with details. By the time he finished, however, she was blushing once more and she shook her head, making a shooing motion with her hand. “He exaggerates. It is more of a hobby really.” Or it would be once she finally started a family. “But I do suppose it is my turn.

I was raised in High Reaches and I suppose that’s where I developed my fondness for dragons, especially blue ones. When I was old enough, I was apprenticed at the Weaver Crafthall in Southern Boll. B’jin and Larrikith found me there and brought me here and while it is rather different from anything I had known I think I quite like it. To be near dragons is a gift that I will never take for granted.” Perhaps her words were a bit too heavy but they came from her heart. Shrugging to dispel some of the seriousness, she smiled and turned her attention dutifully to her mending pile, beginning with one of the smaller tunics, mending a tear with tiny stitches that disappeared into the coarse cloth. “And yourself, Sir? What were you before you were a dragonrider?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It didn't seem as if the boy had much confidence in himself, though Echlerov knew that he wasn't the best judge of character. "You know, Seijin, being a tanner is probably one of the most important jobs here at the weyr." He was amused a bit by his description of the rider who brought him, and he had to wonder just which of the blue riders it was. "Must be a bluerider thing to be both charming and handsome." He was joking, a bit, though it was slightly true. Most of the blueriders he knew were like that.

Echlerov grinned. It seemed as if Pistoth had an admirer. "You know, if you'd ever like to meet him, you're more than welcome to." Pistoth wouldn't mind at all. In fact, the blue would probably love it if he brought back a pair of new people for him to play with. "Both of you."

It was unsurprising that the girl was a weaver, especially with her comment on how quickly she could get through a pile of mending. And with how small and neat her stitches were. "Do you want to stand for a dragon eventually?" That was the only bad thing about the current policy, that women like this, who obviously loved dragons, and probably would make good riders, had to wait until it was 'allowed' for them to stand. Of course, as long as she was at a hatching... well, time would see.

"Before I impressed?" Well, wasn't that just a lifetime ago, or at least that was how it seemed. "I was a Vinter, at the Tillek Vinter Hall. Then I was brought here, back in the beginning, when they were first bringing candidates from the outside."
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin blushed brightly  when he caught himself stareing at the bluerider. He ran his fingers threw his hair in a nervous gesture not wanting to be to obvious about watching the older man. He turned away for a moment to compose himself before turning back to face  Echlerov .  He had to smile though when Echlerov  said that  being handsome and charming  must be a blue rider trait.  Seijin had to agree with him of course so far most of the blueriders he had meet all shared that in common but he knew that there  probably were others that were not luckily he hadn't yet run across  any that weren't handsome and charming.

Seijin brushes a strand of hair from his face only to have it fall back to the place he pushed it away from. His green eyes shined as he listened to Echlerov speak.He liked even the sound of his voice. Shards he though to himself he was starting to really lose it now hanging on the man's ever word.  He was  a bit surprised that he offered to let him come with them. He tried to  quiet his  racing mind.

"I'd love to meet him, Sir. " Seijin replied soflty.  :" That is if you are sure that he wouldn't mind that is. I wouldn't want to intrude.  " He said quietly.  course he was sure that Jisralna was probably about to jump out of her own skin in excitement. She seemed to have a deeper fascination about them then anyone he had ever know both from home and here as well. " I'm just glad to be a part of it all. I guess i know that my job is important but its not as entertaining as some of the other jobs.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jisralna raised a single brow ever so slightly at the dragonrider’s words about those of his caste and wondered if he was liberally applying them to himself as well. True enough he was handsome—only the blind might dispute that—but there was something to be said about modesty. Then again, there was also something to be said about confidence and Jisra rather agreed with the man’s words to Seijin. Tanners were invaluable to a Weyr, especially one such as Katila. Of course the young Weaver couldn’t play the skeptic much longer as Echlerov extended an offer to meet his dashing dragon.

Grey-green eyes sparkled as a grin split the young woman’s squared features, dimples coming out to play a second before Jisra jabbed herself in the finger with a needle. With a squeak, she returned her attention back to her task, a bit embarrassed that she’d stabbed herself in front of the two men. Thankfully when she inspected it, she found no blood to stain the clothing. When he asked a question of her, she glanced up through dark lashes, her expression thoughtful.

“I stood once before, and I imagine I will again.” Her voice was soft and perhaps overly serious but that was nothing new. Lowering her gaze, a faint tinge of color on her cheeks she continued. “However, I will do my duty by the Weyr first.” While she might not the suggested order of things—namely birth before marriage—she was more than willing to supply the Weyr with the next generation. It was just a matter of finding the right man to settle down with; something that she had a feeling would prove to be quite difficult. With a shy smile, she looked back at her project. “In the meantime, however, I would be more than happy to make the acquaintance of your dragon, Sir.”

Listening quietly as Echlerov spoke of his life before Jisralna smiled once more and nodded then glanced up as Seijin voiced a sentiment that she shared. She was extremely pleased to be a part of the Weyr. For so long she had hoped that dragons were not gone and one rather boring afternoon her wishes had been granted by a rather charming greenrider. “The entertaining jobs are rarely the necessary ones, Seijin. I cannot imagine that farming or healing is particularly entertaining, but both are needed for life to flourish.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He had been mostly joking, a odd bit of commentary on the tendency for dragonriders to be attractive, and he merely grinned. "He'd be more upset if he knew that I talked to people he didn't know and didn't invite them to meet him."

The little blue would too. Pistoth was far more interested in people than even he was, liking them pretty much no matter what. He was a little embarrassed that he hadn't bothered to meet the girl until now, but perhaps she'd understand. He hadn't thought of much anything outside of Pistoth and the other hatchlings since impression, and before, he had been busy with his wines and hadn't done that much interacting with people. Kind of disappointing really.

Oh well. He'd just have to change that now.

He nodded when she mentioned that she was going to do her duty to the weyr before standing again. It was the policy now, and while he didn't exactly approve, he could understand the reasoning for it. And as long as she went to the hatching, there was always a chance that a dragon might want her anyways. "I am sure you'll make a great mother." he responded. She seemed the type and he hoped that she would find a great guy.

"You know what job is really dull," he responded, teasingly. "Woodchopping. Very repetitive, very boring." He could understand the feeling, sometimes work could be very tedious, and tanning wasn't exactly easy.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin chuckled softly " well I suppose you are both right on that jobs aren't always easy but  they are needed and you could have something worse.  I can't immagine chopping wood to be any fun either.  Course that job might be a bit dangerous for anyone that isn't paying attention. Can you imagine what would happen if you missed the wood and go yourself cause you let your mind wander. At least with leathers i don't have to worry about that happening at all." He joked softly

He looked from Echlerov to Jisralna.  " Course I bet being a rider also has it ups and downs. Could you  tell us a little about it? I for one am curious about it cause it might happen to one of us oneday and I'm not sure how prepared I am for it. I mean i've been threw classes and things but are you ever really prepared for it. Head knowledge is well and good but that does not prepare you as well as experiences. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Smiling at the rider’s confession, Jisralna tied off her string then inspected her work; the tear in the tunic was almost invisible now. Checking for any other spots in need of mending she shook out the tunic, needle between her lips as she folded it and set it aside before pulling the next garment into her lap and searching out the problem areas. When she began to stitch again, she glanced up at Seijin and then Echlerov. She really did hope that they got to meet the pale blue dragon; from what Echlerov said, he was a wonderful dragon.

Though, when the bluerider made a comment on her potential as a mother, the young woman blushed and quickly returned her gaze to her project, a bit flustered. This wasn’t exactly a topic she was used to discussing with a male. “I hope so, though things seem to be done quite differently around here.” There were times when she wondered if she’d be able to give her child over to the crèche and rather suspected that it would be one of the hardest things she would ever have to do; however there was far too much work to be done around the Weyr for her to spend a majority of her time raising a child; she understood the need for a crèche but she still had her doubts about giving up any child she might have to the care of others. At least many of them were not strangers.

When the topic thankfully moved on to the subject of occupations, Jisra smiled slightly at Echlerov’s opinions on woodcutting. She rather agreed with him; she doubted that it was at all entertaining and it seemed far too tiring for her. When Seijin began to reply, she glanced up and pricked her finger. Frowning, she set down her project and inspected her finger…no blood but it had happened just as Seijin made a remark about woodchopping being dangerous for those who did not pay attention and with a light giggle she rubbed the pad of her finger. “Any job can be dangerous if you are not paying attention it would seem.”

Eyes sparkling she left off on her mending for a moment as she focused on the conversation instead. It wasn’t that she couldn’t do both, it was simply that at the moment she felt like being social; besides, she could catch up easily enough during the lunchtime hours as she wasn’t particularly hungry that day. Naturally, like Seijin, she’d been through the classes of a Candidate but she was infinitely curious of dragons. Though at the thought of becoming a dragonrider, Jisralna was still a little baffled; she quite honestly could not see herself riding a dragon and fighting Thread. She was far too delicate and weak for something like that, even with a dragon. Then there was the matter of Flights. She’d already reconciled herself to the likelihood of having a child out of wedlock; however, the thought of her bed partners being governed by a dragon was a bit alarming. What if she didn’t even know the other rider? What if she did and she didn’t like them? Sometimes she wondered if Larrikith had been wrong to Search her. Maybe she would just be better off contributing to the Weyr in other ways for clearly she would not be one of the few women allowed to Impress to a Green—a wise choice on behalf of the Weyrleader—and Golds were far too rare to count on. Yes, for now, just being surrounded by dragons was more than enough.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)