World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 732.04.25 | When you call me [Solo]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Jada felt worn out, tired, as old as- as old as Par'a, and Tsuen, and that wrinkly old Greenrider who was almost 100 Turns by now and was going to die any day- though she'd been told there had been money on her crotchety behind dying for turns. Sitting in the middle of Harper Hall, Jada had managed to get a good bit of gossip from her children, and she had been so very proud at the progress some of them had made in their lessons. One of her boys had made her a gift of the new guitar he had made, and Jada had cooed over it appreciatively. It had been a rich, darkly tinted wood, and the sound was tonal and quite excellent. (It was also missing a string, which was rudely pointed out by one of the other boys, which then provoked a fight. Two bloody noses and a missing tooth later, Jada was able to separate the two boys, and she lost her new present, with the promise that it would be perfect before she saw it again.)

Jada? Krypth's voice was thin, frightened, and Jada shoved the Gold away, shut her out. Not enough to sever the connection, but enough to close her thoughts to the young dragon. She wasn't ready to talk to her. Jada was in full mope, thanks.

None of the children had asked what she was thinking, stepping out earlier today and putting herself forward at Sanderon's whipping. None of them had seen the true horror, what with most of them only seeing what they had because they had been disobeying their parents. They had asked if it was gory, laughed at the faces she made in response, and then gone to talking about the gossip- and if Krypth would let them sneak on the Sands and Touch the eggs later. Nirinath hadn't, so they lived in hope that the younger Gold would, especially since they swore up and down that they would be good. "When Krypth says the eggs are hard enough," Jada promised them. After all, it would be her decision on if the little ones would be allowed to Touch.

They can Touch them now, if it will make you happy. Jada, please.

The Harper and her students remained until dinner, Jada surrounded by laughter and gossip. The group of them tore into the finger paints, and drew all over the hides that were allowed for such artistic activity. Jada played for them, and hid her shame at the fact her fingers stumbled over the notes; Her voice, however, remembered. Nine months, that was all, and it had been enough that... could she even continue to call herself a Harper? Her fingers had lost their dexterity after the surgery that Talian had performed to save her life, though drawing the bow and arrow was helping her regain her strength. She hadn't picked up a guitar more than once or twice, and even then it was mostly to pass it to B'jin, or Valerian, or someone who had kept some skill. Still, if her students noticed that her fingers skipped notes, they were kind enough not to say anything. Most of her peers would not have done so, or they would have made some awkward attempt to take the instrument away from her. Some may have said it was so she didn't strain her arms-

Don't hurt anymore, Jada. I don't want you to hurt anymore.

Valerian would have said it was so she didn't strain his ears. Jada smiled wryly, and passed the guitar off to one of her students, then closed her eyes and listened. Those who could not do, it seemed, did indeed teach; Jada was a prime example of that, apparently! Tsuen, on the other hand- no! No, no, no. She was not going to allow herself to sink back into that pit of thinking again. She didn't want to consider it. Jada just wanted to enjoy the things she had used to love. She wanted there to be more to her than a Gold dragon and Weyrling classes. She needed to be herself again, needed to find that place where she had been something other than tired, and strained, and stretched thin. She needed to recharge herself, for the pain that she had felt with everything that had occurred today...

Come to me. She heard Krypth beg again, and Jada felt herself start to rise, to go to the Gold, until a hand slipped into hers. No! Don't go with them! Dinner was full of laughter, and weeping, and Krypth watched it all through Jada's eyes. It wasn't fair! There wasn't supposed to be a place that Hers could go that Krypth couldn't go too! They were supposed to be together for everything. Krypth was all Jada needed! She was! The dragonet knew that if given the chance, Jada would never have any of this doubt again. She could make it go away. She could.

It was late when Jada finally stumbled her way to the Sands. Krypth was waiting for her, subdued and hesitant as her girl took a seat on the other side of the circle of eggs from her. It was too far away, Krypth couldn't touch her without getting up- and neither female was inclined to be the one to make the first gesture. Krypth's head lay on her front legs, her eyes a dull grey, with hints of yellow. Jada felt guilty, and she knew the dragon could tell; they didn't say anything, letting the silence grow between them.

Do you hate me? Krypth broke first, unable to stand it. Do I make you unhappy?

"No." Jada lied, and Krypth creeled at the knowledge that it wasn't true. "I don't hate you."

But you aren't happy?

"I am most the time."

You should be happy all the time! Krypth jerked to her feet, tail swinging fiercely, smashing through the sand. Who could make you happier than I can? Who is better for you than me? I picked you because you are meant for wonderful things Jada, you and I together. The grey was gone, the eyes turned a brilliant shade of anger. What will make you happy again, I will make you happy. You do not need the little ones to be satisfied. If you want to be a Harper, be a Harper. Teach my daughters, and their Riders. Teach temperance, and patience, and do not let something like this happen again! The Queens that will come will have Chosen who hurt, like you. Be ready to support them, as you feel D'ren has supported you. Tenderly, the Gold Dragon nudged Jada. And never close me out again. Come when I call you, and I will make you feel strong again.

Jada lifted her arm, obedient, and pressed it to Krypth's nose. I am always right, am I not? Jada smiled wryly, remembering when Krypth had been newly Hatched. So insistent, even then, that she knew exactly what Jada would need. And even now, she knew the rightness of their bonding. The Gold would be a part of her forever, and she of Krypth. And in these moments of doubt, she should have shared with the Gold, instead of locking her out, punishing them both. Krypth took away Jada's self-doubt, filling it with her security and love. Jada still didn't know what she offered to Krypth, who claimed she had everything...

"You are." Jada agreed, and shrieked as Krypth flopped into the sand nearby, sending grains flying. Jada rose to her knees, and onto the larger beast, who rumbled in affection. "You're just right."

I will take you North someday, if that is your wish. It was a promise, and it made Jada's eyes fill with tears. Be patient with me, dear heart, and I will make that thought come true. I feel your ache when you think on it, and your hope when D'ren spoke of it. I feel your pain. One day, we will go in triumph. Just give me time.

Jada nodded, burying her face in Krypth's hide, nuzzling into her lifemate. "All the time you need to take." she promised, choking on her own words. This truth pleased the Queen and she rolled them both, snuggling until her Rider was protected in the curve of her Golden body. Jada closed her eyes, listening to the sounds of the Weyr outside, and to the sounds of beating hearts.

It was after midnight when Jada felt Krypth nose her hair. Jada, wake up.

"Hmmm?" She sat up, sand falling from her hair. "Whatssss wrong?" her voice was a tired slur.

Touch. Krypth nudged something big over to her Rider, mind-voice pleased. Feel. She pressed it closer, and Jada blinked.

"Is it okay?"

I would not let you touch if it were not. Be very gentle, still, they are soft. Soft like a baking bun, and warm; Jada pressed her hand to the side of the egg presented to her. It was dark, in the night, almost a lump of black. Light gleamed off patches of it, but she knew that it was one of the smaller eggs because of the size. Something seemed to shift in the egg... Could she feel- And then the egg was rolling away, Krypth nudging it back into the Sand. I don't want it to like you. Don't be so thrilled. Krypth uttered an audible grumble, and clawed some Sand overtop it. Stupid Jada, getting so happy over feeling it move. You can't touch it anymore. You didn't get that happy over feeling me move.

"You don't know that." Jada felt the smile stretch her face, curling back into the Gold. "I never got the chance to feel you move."

Details. Now go back to bed, I have planned a long day for you tomorrow.

I didn't mean it to happen, but the last solo title (Louder and Louder) came into play for this one in this song, which just gave me uber feels. So. [CLICK]

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)