World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Whatever, Charath [Z'ia]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
You need to start paying better attention.

'I was listening!'

You were thinking about Valerian naked, Charath responded, sounding minutely disturbed. It wasn't like Erisi to respect that she did not like to peek into his thoughts and walk into a train of thought that was dirty. The Weyrlingmaster called you out on it. At least he can't read your thoughts. The green dragon spoke in a harsh, scolding tone. No matter how many times she yelled at Erisi for not trying hard enough in lessons, he still put forth the same lackadaisical effort as always.

'Whatever, Charath. You listen enough for me, and believe it or not, I was listening.' There was a short pause, and Charath waited on Erisi. '...for the most part.'

I don't want us to get stuck and lost between because you were thinking about butts.

'I got it, I got it. I was up all night, lay off it Charath.' Erisi's patience was waning - it had been embarrassing enough to have the Weyrlingmaster on his ass about not paying attention. Now he had to sit through Charath's lecture. It made him wish the Weyrlingmaster realized that his green already punished him enough for not doing what he should.

You are up EVERY night! Charath verbally bellowed at him, frustration clear in her voice. The Weyrling was seated on the ground, too lazy to return back to his hut after the day's lessons. Charath was supposed to be hunting, but with all the bellowing she was doing she had likely scared off every herdbeast in the area. The pale green circled in the sky over his head. Someone else would have thought she was proddy - but Erisi knew that this was her normal attitude when it came to him.

Funny how she could be so sharding sweet to Valerian, but an absolute terror to him. 'You nearly took a turn away out of my normal lifestyle! I have to catch up!'

YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP BY NOW!?

A playful smirk flickered across his face, and the greenrider glanced up to the sky and his dragon. 'Nope.'

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
The day had been spent lazily, with Z'ia rolling out of bed somewhere just before lunch time without any real intent to do anything at all productive. In a lazy, and particularly mild mood, the little bluerider had spent the better part of the early afternoon scrubbing his dragon from nose tip to tail tip. Than a long, full body massage with a thorough coating of oil to make the pale blue dragon sparkle more beautifully than any gold beast. Who would want gold, when there were blue to be had?

Silly girls, wrapped up in fantasy. Aveleth supplied lazily, his wings stretched out into the sun and he admired himself over one shoulder with softly swirling eyes and a quiet pride. Thank you, Z'ia.

"You're welcome, Kiddo." Z'ia responded lazily, tossing the odds and ends required for bathing and oiling back into the sack he used and kicking it over against the side of his hut; he'd put it away properly later. Returning his attention to his dragon, Z'ia brushed his fingers gently over the  dragon's eyeridge, watching the way his bonded's eye colour shifted and changed. "Gunna sun now, Kiddo?"

No, Aveleth murmured thoughtfully, crooning softly under the gentle petting. I think I'll hunt. Will you come? The usual request was met with a soft laugh, the young rider not unaware of his dragon's reluctance to leave him without a babysitter.

"Okay," laughter was on his voice as Z'ia climbed bareback onto his dragon, neither beast nor rider interested in the confines of straps, or the work required to dig them up and actually put them on. Wide, gorgeous blue wings extended and the young dragon threw himself up into the air, his rider clinging delicately to him in the process.

Appearing out of between above the hunting range, Aveleth's sharp gaze easily spotted the temperamental form of Charath, the young blue's interest peaking as he swirled for a lazy landing not far away from where Erisi was lounging in the  grass. Do behave yourself, Aveleth murmured playfully, as Z'ia slipped from him a length above the ground and landed in a crouch. Aveleth pushing back into the air and angling upward to fly closer to Charath's level.

Greetings, Charath. Mild, polite but not overly worried yet, the blue dragon's eyes swirled with contentment. He was hungry, but he would be polite first.

"Heyya, Eri." Z'ia smirked down at the lazing weyrling, before flopping down beside him as if he had every right to do so. "Sup?"
Unless stated otherwise, Aveleth never speaks to anyone but Z'ia

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi glanced away from Charath as a blue pair popped out from between. He did not recognize the blue dragon, and Charath likely wouldn't supply him with the answer. She seemed to care very little for her own kind, much as Erisi did for his own. They were truly two peas in a pod - it was understandable that they bickered almost constantly. By now, Erisi had hoped to gain an upper hand over Charath. He was more clever than her by far, but she was more determined than him by even farther. Under her relentless pressure, he eventually caved.

Great, now you're not going to listen to me at all. Charath sounded sullen, the green beast watching as Z'ia dismounted from Aveleth and made a beeline for her bonded. She was still a little upset for the last time when Erisi insisted on sleeping with the man against her wishes. Other riders were much more mindful of their dragons comfort level! Her's? He didn't bat a lash at challenging her. She suspected it was to get back at her for moments like this, when she was trying to better the better dragon and teach her bonded some common sense.

Lessons were important. He needed to start paying attention before they got themselves hurt.

Hello, Aveleth. It was always hard to determine whether she was being polite or not. Her voice naturally sounded aggressive, and was always a little harsh on the ears. She did not hate the blue so much as she was annoyed by his connection to Z'ia. Male dragons tended to get by Charath without nearly as much harassment as other greens tended to get. The green was almost full grown! And she liked males. She liked to think she had more tact about it than Erisi, though. If you are here to hunt, you can go ahead first. I was talking to Erisi more than scouting. Maybe in time he will actually listen to me. Charath thought she was being very generous, and just a little coy! The sooner Aveleth wrapped up the quicker Erisi could be pulled away from Z'ia.

Erisi was curious, now. The Blue certainly wasn't Veeth, or any bluerider that came to his mind that would earn his attention more than Charath did. But, shells, he was already thankful for an escape from the Green's pestering. When he saw that it was Z'ia, he wasn't wholly disappointed. It could have been someone far more annoying, and honestly he hadn't spent that much time talking with Z'ia before to find him bothersome. Erisi hadn't intended to seek Z'ia out again, he normally didn't.

But this was definitely a pleasant intervention of sorts. He simply shrugged as Z'ia took a seat down next to him, "Mmm, not much.  Trying to keep Charath from being a total pain in my ass. Lessons ended a little while ago, but she has the tendency to preach in place of the Weyrlingmaster." His voice was laced with mild annoyance, blue eyes casting up to his green. Charath was flying in lazy circles with Aveleth, and more importantly, not talking to him right now. "You've been well, I imagine. Anything interesting going on?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Aveleth listened quietly to Charath's dark voice as the young dragon sulked about her rider no listening to her. Large, slowly swirling eyes blinked all three lids closed, than open once more as he considered her thoughtfully. He could understand the difficulties of being bonded to a rider who had better things on his agenda than listening to his much smarter dragon, who definitely knew what was best for him. Aveleth 's nose crinkled slightly. She would not like the simplest fact that he had discovered in his five turns of life; Z'ia still does not listen to me. A slight pause, I wish you more luck with Yours. What else could he do? He certainly wouldn't tell her she was doomed. Greens were much smarter and too spunky to put up with irritating riders eternally. Aveleth gave a soft croon.

Z'ia wasn't as subtle as his dragon; he laughed outright at Erisi's plight. His laughter wasn't over loud, or particularly cruel. Rather it was bright and honestly amused. Green eyes sparkled with mischief as he turned his gaze on Erisi, ignoring the young man's question about interesting happening's in his own life. "Aveleth likes to preach." He offered, smirking around the words and obviously unworried by them. He didn't know if Erisi had ever heard Aveleth talk; the dragon's soft and whispery voice was hardly the type for preaching. Additionally, the young man undoubtedly knew of his dragons reputation: A shaking, cowering ball of fear more often than not. Not the type of dragon to be taken for a preacher, certainly, though Z'ia's words were spoken with distinct honesty.

His dragon was often a ball of tightly strung nerves because Z'ia pushed all the poor creature's buttons and stood back to watch the effect. It was cruel, but it was part of their relationship, and both accepted and understood it. Z'ia raised an eyebrow at Erisi, a sly smirk winding over the young man's lips as he rolled closer to the Weyrling, putting himself in his space so he could whisper in a conspiring manner. "One day when he was preaching, we were flying along all nice like," he murmured, voice mild but low, "and I got sick of his Mightier Than Thou attitude; we'd been learning between, just like you. So! I undid my riding straps... and I jumped off."

Z'ia rolled back away from Erisi and gave a wicked cackle of laughter, obviously quite pleased with himself. "Damn near killed him with shock. He's never quite been so preachy since." ... I do not preach, Aveleth sighed, turning to look down at the two riders sprawled in the grass with an expression close to dismay. Why are you filling his head with lies? We go sky diving all the time. A pause. If he tries to shut her up by copying and kills himself, you'll be in a lot of trouble. Aveleth was distinctly disproving. They're just greens. Z'ia shrugged mentally, unconcerned. Besides, he's smart. If the kid would jump, he'd do it with back up. More than likely, he'd find a similar way to jolt his dragon without literally plummeting from her back. Z'ia tossed Erisi a wink.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

That was what Charath wanted to hear! Blues must not have been as stupid as she originally assumed, if this one could recognize and sympathize with her plight. Thank you. I would not mind as much, but Erisi does not like to listen in classes. I can always make up for his lack of effort, but our recent classes are growing more risky, and I'd like to not be the only one absorbing information. That was a little bit of a lie, whenever Erisi refused to listen to her she got upset. When he did not do what she wanted, she also got upset. When he was just flat out being a brat, she got upset. Charath got the sense that Aveleth understood this, because his bonded seemed to be just as much of a handful.

Erisi frowned at Z'ia's laughter, but otherwise let the action slide. As long as the bluerider wasn't outright mocking him, or even subtly mocking him, Erisi was likely to tolerate him. Erisi usually played nice when he was invested in and individual, and Z'ia had been a well enough lay that he didn't want to start picking a fight with him. It was his turn to laugh, a soft, disbelieving sound. "Aveleth? Preach?" Erisi was skeptical. Z'ia's dragon seemed timid, though that could also be due to Z'ia's more.. out loud personality. But, even when Charath had teased the Blue before, Aveleth had responded demurely and much like a frightened feline.

Z'ia scooted closer, and Erisi leaned subtly away. The bluerider clearly had no sense of personal space, and especially that Erisi's was far larger than the normal person. It was almost funny how he avoided getting close to people when he was so quick to get naked with them. But, shells, he had to have some boundaries. The Green Weyrling was a little annoyed, but Z'ia's next comment proved to be an admirable distraction. Both brows arched high on his forehead, and he turned his head to the side to eye the man. "...You're sharding crazy," he finally admitted with a breathy laugh. "I'm surprised you didn't give your poor Blue a heart attack." While he would never dare pull such a stunt, he had to admit he was amused by Z'ia's daredevil attitude.

It seemed like Erisi and Charath were simply destined to have a difficult relationship, where both of them battled constantly for supremacy. They had their tender moments, where it was clear that they loved one another. Those were few and far between, and it often appeared like either Erisi could not control his dragon, or his dragon could not control him. "Perhaps I'll just tell that as a horror story to Charath, but I doubt it'll have much of an effect on her. She's sharding determined." He spoke as if he was very much proud of her for that.

It made his life a little miserable at times, but shells, there was no more perfect dragon out there for him than her.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Aveleth was pleased by the positive response he received. He did not remember his last meeting with the little green, and since Z'ia didn't consider it something worth remembering, the blue had no memories to pick through to remind him of the event. Despite that, the young blue knew enough about Charath to know she was spunky and prickly, much like Astoreth was want to be, and while she was certainly not the sweet gem Rilaleeyth was, she was very pretty and very clever. She was also being kind enough for the  time being for the young blue to relax slightly and stress less about being picked on - especially while she was content to pick upon her own rider.

Classes are important. Aveleth murmured, his voice lingering between approval and disapproval for the manner in which things appeared to be carried out between the pair. At least Charath was paying attention in classes! Z'ia was flighty, until Delemth The name was spoken with quiet reverence; a clutchmate lost. Aveleth pulled the additional memories from Z'ia's mind, causing the young man in the grass to frown up at his beast in confusion. Everyone paid attention after that. Losing that pair had been a shock; so well known and easy to get along with! Aveleth shook off the mournful mood. He sincerely hoped such a shock would not be required for Charath to get a handle on her rider.

"Yes, Aveleth!" Z'ia replied seriouslly, scowling at Erisi in a manner that obviously scolded the young greenrider for disbeliving him. "He wasn't always such a pansy, you know!" ... Thanks. Aveleth's word was as dry as a summer desert and Z'ia resisted the urge to laugh at the blue. "I most certainly am not!" Z'ia snorted, letting his amusement show now as he took in the expression on Erisi's features. "Nearly did," he added, pursing his lips to smother the smirk. "By the time he realised he had to catch me I was a long way down." Such an adrenaline rush! Z'ia quivered with remembered delight.

"Determination isn't a bad thing. You just have to channel her determination to something useful instead of something annoying." A pause, and a smirk. "Good luck!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I do not hope that something so drastic happens, just so that Erisi learns to listen in class. Delemth was before her time, but she could pick up on the tone in Aveleth's soft voice. Something bad had happened, and while she did not like most dragons, she did not wish ill will to fall upon them. After a few moments, she crooned to Aveleth as if to comfort him. Even her verbal sounds, not just her mental voice, were raspy and slightly acidic. What truly mattered when it came to Charath was that the gestured had even been made. The green was starting to come into her own, and Erisi's own sexual exploits were obviously beginning to have an effect on her. She liked her blues, browns, and bronzes... as long as they weren't too stupid.

"Mmm, I'm sorry for not really believing you. He had to have been a little bit of a pansy before!" There was a subtle playful tone to his voice. Z'ia was an energetic individual, and it was a little infectious. Erisi would never quite be as daring as the bluerider, but it at least served in warming him up to Z'ia. "I'm sorry that I don't believe that either. Jumping off your dragon's back without any warning is, well, a whole lot of crazy." His icy blue eyes were lightened with amusement. Z'ia was definitely a little bit crazy, but that necessarily wasn't a bad thing. Someone had to liven up this dreadful Weyr.

"Well thanks for that load of helpful advice," Erisi replied sarcastically. A brief, impish smile appeared on his face, and he reached out to gently shove Z'ia's shoulder. It was about as friendly as Eri came. While someone like Talian or Valerian were far more likely to have Erisi's favor, and thusly him not being a total ass, it wasn't improbable that he'd act friendly to other people. "I was trying to channel her determination away from playing pranks on other dragons and... people. But maybe I should just let her do that so she leaves me alone more often, hmm?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

No, Aveleth agreed softly, That would be sad, the Weyr didn't need to lose any more dragons, and especially not any of the new youngsters. It would be very sad to see one of Charath's clutchmates become lost between, especially if it were the pretty little green herself. But then, Aveleth was pretty sure she was much too smart to let something like that happen! The weyrling's croon was met with obvious delight from the young blue, whose wings fluttered as he brought himself closer and extended his nose to touch lightly at Charath's cheek. Than he dropped away, giving her back both her personal space and flying space.

"I swear he wasn't!" Z'ia responded whole heartedly, green eyes wide and sparkling with amusement. His dragon had always been a dreamer, lost in his own thoughts and wrapped up in his own fantasies, but he hadn't been a pansy; well, not per se. The bluerider laughed though, when Erisi insisted he were crazy, the rider grinning impishly at the Weyrling. He couldn't recall the last time someone genuinely thought he were crazy, or said it in a manner that implied it wasn't at all a bad thing. D'hys called him a lot of things, but D'hys had a strange insight into selected parts of Z'ia's life and thoughts that others did not. Erisi was saying what he saw. The bluerider's impish grin widened, pleased.

"She's a green," Z'ia smirked wickedly, "You are allowed a certain leeway for inability to control." Controlling a green dragon was a task that very few greenriders were capable of, which in Z'ia's opinion only made them more pathetic. Time and observation had taught Z'ia that the number of men and women who could actually control their dragon was so few and so far between it might as well not exist. In contrast, those bonded to blue, brown and bronze had far better grasp upon their dragons.

Green dragons were spirited whores who generally chose weak willed men and women so as that they could get away with their outrageous lifestyles, and hot headed opinions. It was why they, and especially their riders, required such heavy handling. If the riders were any good at controlling their dragons, then the riders of male dragons wouldn't need to control them, would they? It was a nasty little circle, but the short bluerider enjoyed his spot in the working of it all.

Z'ia smiled sweetly. "Just let her have her head. I'm sure it'll be amusing."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Charath was delighted by the attention the Blue was giving her. Where not a few sevendays before she had been teasing him and making him uncomfortable, she was now being particularly friendly. It would be nice to have a Blue to pay her attention whenever she desired it! Aveleth was certainly a step up from hanging around with other Greens, and especially Golds! That Krypth was a nightmare to put up with in every lesson. Charath clearly was the superior dragon, and Krypth was little too goody-goody for Charath to like. 'What are you doing?' Erisi's gaze has cast up to the sky again to watch the two dragons fly together.

I am making a friend. You should be proud. Charath's voice was a little defensive, but she learned to ignore her bonded. It was much more fun to gently swing back over to Aveleth. He was so polite, giving her some space! She did enjoy flying with him, making lazy circles in the air so she was still close enough to hold nice conversation. Let's think of better things, then. Happier things. She could be perfectly charming when she wanted to be!

Other times? Not so much.

"Mhhhmm," Erisi hummed, as if merely entertaining Z'ia's insistence that his dragon had once been not completely whipped. The Green Weyrling did think that Z'ia had to be just a little bit crazy. There was something sporadic in the bluerider's nature that made him sure that jumping off his dragon without warning wasn't the only insane thing he did. Over all, he didn't think this conversation was going too poorly. Normally he'd avoid run-ins with previous bedmates. He was not invested in people he did not plan to sleep with, and could not be bothered to care about them one way or another. But... Katila Weyr had limited stock. Erisi learned that it was best to have a few people around to turn to, and he wasn't sure he wanted to dismiss Z'ia as one of them. Sure, he was a little pushy, but Eri had fun in the end.

And all that mattered was having a little fun.

"I think it's less of a green problem, and more of a Charath problem. I can't help but think she's the most strongly willed dragon out of her clutchmates." Charath had proven to certainly be one of the more clever dragons. But, that could just be his biased opinion of her. It wasn't like he made a habit out of hanging around with other dragons. The only beast that mattered to him was the green one gliding through the sky above his head.

"Yeah, amusing for us, less amusing for everyone else. Which... doesn't really bother me. I wonder why I try to hold her back." Having his green wreck a little terror on the Weyr would be an amusing payback for this place having taken him away from his own home, from his old life. It was funny how she always told him to behave, yet she more often than not was the one to misbehave. Somehow, it all came back to him, that he should have more control over her, that she was his dragon. He fairly certain that Charath owned him.

"I could sit back with a bowl of fruit and just watch as she does whatever the fuck she wants to. I'd get a good laugh," he spoke wistfully. It was definitely a scenario that would only exist in his dream world.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Charath's invitation to think of happier things was met with a gentle croon from the young blue, who's eyes lit up with thoughtful curiosity as he tried to think of a happier subject for which their easy conversation to follow. Unfortunately for the young dragon, his stomach chose that moment to make its emptiness known to both himself and his companion. Aveleth's eyes widened visibly, swirling with sudden embarrassment as he dipped his head anxiously. Sorry! It was a rather meek and anxiously spoken word, Aveleth's embarrassment causing him to withdraw back into his shell, worriedly waiting for the weyrling to laugh at him. I will hunt now. He spoke quietly, as if unsure how Charath would take the otherwise abrupt change in subject.

Watching her anxiously for a moment, Aveleth twisted to dip down, dropping into a speedy dive he flared out over the tops of the herd, sending the beasts fleeing in every direction before picking the one he wanted. The blue dragon literally dropped on top of the creature, snapping its spine. Lifting his front feet delicately off the creature, Aveleth curled up on himself and began to eat, feeling remarkably self conscious.

Z'ia raised an eyebrow slightly at Erisi as the young man spoke, amused slightly by the apparent pride the weyrling had in his dragon despite the fact that his pride stemmed from his complete inability to control the beast he was bonded to. Z'ia had no idea how greenriders managed to make such thoughts make sense - taking pride in that which put them so thoroughly at the bottom of the ladder! But he didn't really care to understand, at any rate. Aveleth was a  beautiful and completely controllable dragon, and that was all that mattered. The bluerider wasn't even being hypocritical when he dismissed greens for their lack of control; not that being hypocritical was ever a standing point for Z'ia.

A soft laugh escaped the short man, amused by the things the greenrider was saying. He knew why the young man reigned in his dragon; to avoid marring his pretty skin. D'ren was a relaxed and easily pushed around Weyrleader, but he would only accept so much bullshit from his riders before he started loosening that whip of his. Erisi was only a greenrider (though Z'ia was pretty sure the young man had no idea what that meant for him) and no one would blink twice about him being lashed for not keeping a tight handle on his beast.

"It would," Z'ia agreed, amused more by the idea of the trouble Erisi would find himself in after such a thing happening than he was of the idea of letting Charath run amok through the Weyr - though, granted, that would be rather amusing in and of itself as well. "I should like a front row seating!" It would certainly be a show, from beginning to end, and one Z'ia would not be missing, should it ever happen.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Charath was a little upset to have their conversation so rudely interrupted by the Blue's need to eat. But, she had offered to let him have his pick first, so she supposed she couldn't blame him for actually taking her up on it. The green dragon placed a little distance between herself and the Blue. She knew a few dragons that were downright aggressive when it came to their meals, so she did not desire to invade Aveleth's space. The Green still wished that Aveleth had scattered the herd so much, but that was always the problem when it came to hunting. When the herdbeasts were spooked, it was just a little unnerving. She'd likely wait for them to calm down again before taking her pick.

'You let him eat first?' Erisi asked the circling Green, sounding mildly irritated with how polite Charath was being.

Yes, he seemed very hungry, and if you are going to spend today not listening to me, you might as well spend it out here. Charath glided to the ground, too lazy to continue gliding through the air when she had no intention of making a kill instantly. This also seemed to make her bonded a little more disgruntled.

'What makes you think I want to spend all day out here, sitting in the grass?'

You don't want to, which is the point. Charath crooned mockingly at him. He wasn't sure how it was possible, actually, but she certainly achieved it. The Weyrling frowned towards his beast, wondering why just a few moments ago he had been so proud of her. She was a pain in his ass, and should have stayed baby-sized so he could wrestle some sense into her. I'd still beat you. Charath chimed in smugly.

"Might be dangerous to be in the front row," Erisi responded to Z'ia with a playful roll of his eyes. It was less of a headache to socialize with the bluerider than it was to deal with his own dragon. Z'ia wasn't being a pain in his ass, nor was he doing everything possible to undermine Erisi's every desire. Why could he not have Impressed a more mellow Green? Did Greens even come in that flavor? He doubted it. They were all spirited, and headaches waiting to happen.

Sighing loudly, he laid back, apparently giving up on moving anywhere any time soon. Z'ia would likely take off as soon as Aveleth had his fill... which was much sooner than when his Green would be sated. "So, how is it all going with your bluerider self? Having fun?" He intended to keep Z'ia's attention until the man left to help pass the time.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'ia raised up onto an elbow, watching his dragon capture something to eat with a placid expression,  though his eyebrows furrowed at the sudden feeling of self-consciousness the young blue was giving off, Z'ia's lips pursing as he made the rather logical assumption that Charath had upset his timid and easily distressed dragon. Before he could fully shuffle the thoughts in order to scold Erisi for not controlling his green, which had in turn upset his beautiful blue, Aveleth's timid presence was wrapping around him, causing the bluerider to relax and lay back down lazily, his expression clearing or the angry clouding that had been threatening to take over. She is being very sweet, Aveleth promised, winning a small smile from his rider, though in part it was mocking the young dragon. You have the worse taste in greens, Kiddo. A pause. You object?

A simple word would have the blue turn his back on Charath without looking back at her, but the easy affection Aveleth held for her after their conversation (whatever that had been about) and her lack of teasing him when his tummy growled at won the blue over; Z'ia shook his head to himself, not so unhappy about the blue's picking another green as he might have been. Erisi would likely be an entertaining flight partner, and Z'ia enjoyed the spunky greenrider, though he would likely need some heavy handling before he got much more full of himself. Greenriders! This one was definitely in the same league as A'liran, though Z'ia couldn't say he was exactly unhappy about the prospect of that.

Z'ia laughed softly at Erisi's words, amused by the playful annotations and he gave the greenrider a teasing poke in his ribs, smirking cheerfully. "Danger is the spice of life, Kid." He threw Erisi a wicked wink, more than aware that calling him 'kid' would probably be taken as an insult, but it was Z'ia's personal term of affection, and almost entirely the way in which he spoke to Aveleth. It was, quite probably, the closet Erisi would ever get to getting respect from the spunky bluerider.

"Oh, you know," he grinned, "you win some, you lose some." Of course, with Aveleth losing was far more regular than winning, especially with his current refusal to chase Astoreth, though neither dragon nor human had any idea why he was refusing. Z'ia had come to the decision that his silly dragon was doing it simply to torture him. Than again, with the added effect of Charath, Z'ia decided he may well see more wins in the near future. Astoreth was a guaranteed fuck at least three times a year, sometimes more if she was feeling particularly wanton or his blue was up to speed. Rilaleeyth was once upon a turn, but regularly enough to entertain the bluerider who enjoyed the refreshing taste of a green who knew damned well where he belonged and was content to sit there. Erisi would be a spunky kid to fly.

Z'ia rolled his eyes sideways, playfully grinning as he followed suit and peered over at Erisi from where he leaned up on his elbows. "When does your little minx fly?" No point beating around the bushes!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi decided he could let the 'kid' comment slide, but he couldn't help but frown a little disapprovingly. Erisi hardly considered himself a kid by now. He had stopped being a kid a long time ago. "Then my life has become particularly spicy after coming here," he responded with a small smile. "Back up North I had everything going the way I planned it. I made decent money, got to mostly do what I enjoy, and nothing was particularly surprising or dangerous in my life." Erisi very much liked to have a high level of control over his own life, which was a weird trait for someone who seemed to bed hop every other day. When he was.... uh, 'Searched', his nice ideal life was thrown completely out of order. When Charath came, things only worsened. She ran his life now, and he was still adjusting to that idea. He was going to be a dragonrider, whether he wanted to be or not. It very much sucked that he was no longer capable of choosing what path his life too.

Sharding Green.

You would be lonely without me, Charath's voice purred darkly into his mind. She had a habit of listening to his thoughts when she had nothing better to do. He supposed it was better than her formulating dastardly plots to prank poor Weyrfolk. I am the only one you looooveee. The only one who puts up with your sleeping around with everyone. The only one who can handle your whining when you have to get up early. The green prattled on and on in his head, coming up with various and numerous reasons why no one else could tolerate him.

Eventually he ushered a 'Shut up, Charath' into her mind. Z'ia was trying to talk to him, and he could hardly listen to his rambling dragon and the bluerider at the same time. "That was the most vague answer you could have given me," he teased, flashing the bluerider a toothy grin. He had to admit that he was relieved that Z'ia's company wasn't unpleasant. Erisi was sure that the bluerider's attitude would eventually grate on his nerves - there were few people the Weyrling could tolerate for lengthy periods of time. But, for now Z'ia was almost charming.

The man's question surprised him, two dark brows arching high on his forehead. Well, that was certainly blunt. "Mmm, I don't know, she rose four months ago for the first time, so who knows when she's due to go again?" A pause, and then a coy smile played across his face, "You'll just have to hope you're lucky enough to be around when she does."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'ia listened with a curious little frown as Erisi spoke of his life before he had been Searched - or Stolen, as was the more common term these days. Z'ia had been one of those that had come South with the original dragonriders. He, himself, had been Searched when he was 12, though he'd failed to Impress at either of the clutches for which he'd stood. A good thing, most probably; he couldn't recall anyone that had been clutched in those turns at Igen surviving. Or perhaps he'd just not been paying enough attention; that was also quite probable. The bluerider he'd come South with hated his guts, but Z'ia cared little about that. Coming South had been the biggest mistake of his life, right up until the moment he Impressed Aveleth.

Now he hung on the promise of eventually going home, back to the North, with the same deep anticipation many of the Stolen displayed. He kept his opinions to himself, however, especially after D'hys' rather abrupt display that day in the Gather Square. The only living human Z'ia had any desire to apease didn't want to go home, while the tiny bluerider would draw blood for the chance alone to return North. It was something he had no intention of letting D'hys know, or not until he was well on the way home, at any rate. He needed to go home to the North, just like he needed to breathe.

Surprising or dangerous, Aveleth murmured quietly to Z'ia, his voice lighter than a drifting snow flake. Does he have any idea to whom he speaks? The young dragon seemed slightly concerned, but mostly confused as he looked up from where he had finished his meal. Picking himself up carefully, Aveleth wandered a little closer to the group, sitting down contentedly and wrapping his tail around himself much like a feline before he set about cleaning his face and claws. Aveleth was not a messy eater, but he still felt the need to tidy up after each meal.

I don't think so, Z'ia was highly amused. There truly wasn't anything more beautifully delightful than a greenrider who had absolutely no idea what life had in store for him. Speaking of, the short bluerider's eyebrows arched up, getting lost under his curly hair at Erisi's response. Four months? Green eyes narrowed thoughtfully, even as Aveleth inserted with quiet confidence, She will rise again soon enough. Well, that explained his little dragon's interest, though Z'ia was still pleased with it. It was never a bad thing, for Aveleth to invest more interest in the greens of the Weyr. The young man had no idea why his dragon was so picky, but he figured that at least he picked those girls with men who were a good lay. Even J'ver had something going for him!

"Oh, we will be." Z'ia's own smirk twisted playfully over his lips as he eyed Erisi. The young man could be whiny and dramatic, but he was no eye sore and Z'ia had enjoyed their unplanned tumble in the Kitchen storeroom. A flight with the little bitch would definitely be called for, and judging by the gossip, his first flight had not been anything worth recalling! M'bal, indeed!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It was only when Aveleth finished with his own meal and began licking himself clean that Charath took to the air again. By now she was hungry, and had to ask herself why she let Aveleth go first to begin with. The Blue was clearly a delicate eater, and Charath did not have all day! Besides, the longer that she lingered here the more Erisi seemed to grow interest in Z'ia and receive it back. Her bonded did not need any ideas planted into his silly head, and she believed Z'ia would be an... interesting influence. Aveleth was the saving grace in the bluerider pair. Charath liked that the dragon was so submissive, especially since she was a dominant Green! Having the Blue pay her the attention she deserved was wonderful, so she supposed that Erisi could have some attention too.

The herd had just settled down again when Charath launched her assault. She picked an older beast out of the herd, and crashed down on top of the unfortunate creature. Her weight crushed the herdbeast underneath her, and with her eyes whirling she glanced around to make sure that all the other beasts were a good distance away from her. Charath ate, not bothering to take her time with the fresh carcass. She wasn't hyper protective of her kill, but that hardly meant she wanted to share it, or have some lazy Green eying her meal!

"I wish you good luck, then." Erisi answered, amused by Z'ia's confidence. His first flight had been pleasantly without stress. Sure, M'bal had been a bit of a headache but even that drunken encounter proved to have some benefits. Erisi had heard of flight horror stories - they followed greenriders fairly often, but had yet to actually experience anything unpleasant. Erisi was just hoping that whenever Charath did rise, that someone decent would be on the scene to catch her. Admittedly, he had placed hope in Valerian always being around. Charath favored the rider far more than she favored the dragon. But, Charath's fondness for Valerian was something that had plagued him up until she matured. Now it was something he could use to his advantage, to maybe have some security when Charath rises.

All Charath had to do was get caught by Veeth, or now it seemed like Aveleth was a good option. Z'ia was a little pushy, but Erisi had enjoyed their kitchen hookup. Perhaps it was delusional of him, but he did think he could get out of these risky flight situations just fine. It was definitely a naive thought process, one that only a young greenrider could posses. Likely, it wouldn't last long. All it would take was one unpleasant experience to wake Erisi up. "Charath pretty much picked Gugaroth before she rose, or maybe it was because Gugaroth was right next to her when she decided to go."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)