World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

As Right As Rain [Talian, R'nd]

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
The loss of colour on R'nd's face went unnoticed by B'jin, ever one to miss even the most blatant of hints, his drunken mind was simply incapable of picking up on something so small as a loss of colouring in his lover's features. It didn't help that there were dragons squawking and people yelling and B'jin gave an indignant yelp as R'nd shoved him away, not hearing the man's mumbled instructions - regardless, he would never have followed them.

Larrikith's high pitched shriek of fury resonated from the tiny dragon as she swirled around the outskirts, eyes flashing crimson. GET OFF HIM YOU FILTHY SON OF A WHER Larrikith's voice bashed fruitlessly against S'kef's mind, but was audible for anyone within the Weyr to hear, her eyes bright red and her vocal voice still screeching alongside the bellows her mate was releasing.

Tyrrisath was mostly threatened, with Larrikith screeching and hissing as the tiny green swirled through the air, threatening to attack Tyrrisath but holding off, unwilling to for reasons she couldn't figure out herself; the simple knowledge that it would make bad worse, possibly. Her human was inconsolable, and it wasn't helping. Larrikith gave another screech of fury as Tyrrisath landed and collected S'kef up, outraged that they would run away.

B'jin had stumbled at R'nd's shove, his indignant cry quickly followed up by a terrified, wordless cry as S'kef went careening past him, and ploughing into R'nd. The greenrider's eyes widened dramatically and he paused for a moment, before flinging himself at S'kef with every intent of ripping the larger man from his lover - he could see R'nd struggling. "Get! Off! -- Me!" The rider's priority changed mid sentence when another rider latched onto him, jerking him back and away from the fight and holding the struggling wildcat of a greenrider as he fought viciously to help his friend.

He started demanding, yelling and cursing the other rider holding him back as he struggled; by the time S'kef finally stumbled off R'nd, B'jin was begging between broken sobs as he wriggled and jerked. Then he was stumbling to collapse by R'nd when the rider finally did let him go, just after Tyrrisath and S'kef had vanished between, fleeing the scene.

B'jin gave a low moan of distress as R'nd's gaze met his, taking in the damage done to his friends, his lovers... his, Faranth damnit! he was going to kill that son of a whored out wher! Tentative fingers reached out to gently brush R'nd's hair back, without touching his face. "Larri," B'jin murmured, carefully slipping closer to the bluerider, wary of hurting him but anxious to get him on his feet and out of the area. So many people were gawking. "We need Talian."

MOVE Larrikith snarled, openly and to any human in her way as her small body dropped out of the sky to fill the spot left by Tyrrisath. Her eyes were swirling crimson and she crowded over the two humans, being careful not to nudge R'nd though she bumped B'jin with her nose to his chest. Ayyonth? Love? I'm going to take them to Talian. Talian will fix it. Follow me!

Giving the blue a moment to snuffle his own rider and reassure himself or R'nd or both, Larrikith wrapped both hands around R'nd as carefully as she could, ignoring his pained cries and trying to ignore B'jin as he threw himself on her neck. Then she shared her image with Ayyonth, and flicked between - appearing three feet above the ground outside the Healer Hall and stumbling as she tried to find her feet without dropping the bluerider.

B'jin slid to the ground and helped balance R'nd as much as he could, holding the younger man's upper arms firmly while Larrikith shrieked, with no manners, for Talian. NOW. An image of the two riders was used for back up. The young healer might not like her and he might not like R'nd, but (if nothing else!) he wouldn't put up with B'jin looking so pathetic!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
That sharding voice.

Tal grimaced angrily a Larrikith's call echoed through his mind, disrupting any number of thoughts he was trying to concentrate on. He threw his quill down irritably and shuddered, but before he could try and force her out of his brain, the images flashed before his subconsciousness.

By the egg!

Tal hopped to his feet and bolted across the room, not even bothering to snatch his bag as he went. He pushed his office door open and flung himself into the hallway with the fervor of an alerted healer, his mind tuned to 'emergency' as he made his way down the darkened halls to the lobby. He could only assume that whatever happened was a direct result of the ridiculous chaos Tal could hear rattling his windows. Talian had yet to attend any sort of party at Katila, including these stupid gathers, so naturally he'd neither known nor cared what was actually going on.

Larrikith's image had been fleeting. Tal didn't get a good look, but he did see B'jin supporting a limp bluerider covered in blood. That was enough to assume an emergency. He exploded into the lobby and called out loudly for a room to be prepared. Someone else stirred in the darkness behind him, preparing an examination room by glowlight as Tal ran up to meet his father and...stepfather?

"What happened?" Talian asked, barging right up to R'nd and deftly putting one hand under the bluerider's chin in order to examine his face. As always, the healer's usual timidness faded in the context of his craft. He moved with ten times the confidence and authority, and all his sweetness and kindness faded from his eyes in exchange for pure focus.

He relaxed a little bit after a quick glance-over. Okay, so the bluerider still had a face. That was a good start. "Come on, let's get you in the exam room. What happened?!" he asked as he hurried the two towards the room. Once inside, he quickly started to gather his tools while he awaited answers.

Could he have a calm, non-dramatic night?  Just once? Please?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd couldn’t decide if he was upset that B’jin wouldn’t leave and save his own skin or relieved and touched that he stayed with promises of getting him patched up. It didn’t really matter; everything hurt and R’nd was certain thinking currently did as well. Actually, even with his conversation with his dragon moments earlier, R’nd was still confused the most about the shrieks of anger coming from Ayyonth. His blue was known more for his rumbles of laughter and was typically quiet otherwise. To hear him so upset and realise he was the cause was breaking R’nd’s heart. Ayyonth was always there, the confidence he needed when he started to doubt himself, and now he was causing his dear dragon pain. “Ayyonth, I need Ayyonth.” R’nd tried to sit up but he only ending up groaning, though B’jin wasn’t going to let him up anyway.

I’m here, R’nd. I’m sorry I couldn’t save you. But you were so brave. Ayyonth gently nudged his nose against the palm of the hand R’nd reached out with. No, I was reckless and could have hurt others. I’m sorry I worried you. He visibly relaxed with his dragon near him but the pain and guilt stayed with him. What a mess he had caused this time!

Their back and forth would have continued but Larrikith interrupted with her intent on moving him. Ayyonth gave a low grumble as his protectiveness over R’nd was in overdrive, but he quickly relented. The greenpair would never harm R’nd and Larrikith was of a clearer and calmer mind right then, proving she would be more cautious as well. I trust you. he spoke them all before disappearing between.

R’nd groaned and shivered as they appeared outside Healing Hall but he felt Ayyonth, and even B’jin, near and that was enough to keep him calm. With Larrikith shrieking for Talian, however, he started to panic. Talian wouldn’t help him, he likely didn’t even want to touch him! “It’s not that bad. It doesn’t have to be Talian. He’s busy, anyone will do.” He gave a pleading look to B’jin as he did his best not to cling to his lover. It of course all came too late as soon the doors were bursting open and the young Master Healer was right up in his face. Any concerns about Talian not wanting to have anything to do with him were trampled dead as soon as that hand was on his chin. He should have known better than to doubt the man’s professionalism.

“I had a little run in with a hard fist. You know, nothing out of the ordinary for me,” R’nd tried to smile and laugh to break the tension he could feel closing in on him but it came out more as a crooked smile that turned into a grimace and whimper. “But I like your idea of sitting in a room. Or lying down. Can I lie down? Please?” His vision was starting to swim and R’nd wanted nothing more than to sleep off a bad night.

B’jin, Ayyonth brushed gently against the greenrider’s mind, knowing that while he was invited to do so, that he still sometimes startled the man, R’nd’s doing his best to act like all is well but he’s about to drop.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

"Don't be stupid," B'jin snapped, uncharacteristically snarky in his worry over the bluerider. There was so much blood! B'jin's stomach rolled unhappily, and the Harper's nose scrunched up unhappily, expression queasy. He could take pain, but he had a weak stomach for blood. "Talian is never too busy for me," and B'jin wanted the young Healer to take care of his lover. The fuck he was going to let anyone else touch R'nd! The greenrider moved just slightly so the swiftly appearing Talian could better see to his lover's face, but his grip didn't loosen on R'nd's upper arms.

"Hush!" B'jin bit out, voice irritated at R'nd's attempted humour of what was definitely not a funny subject, brown eyes feverishly bright as his gaze snapped back to R'nd's face and he grunted suddenly, feeling the way R'nd's body swayed. "Love? R'nd, dear? You can lie down in a moment, I promise, but please. I can't carry you!" B'jin shivered slightly at the touch of Ayyonth's mind, the dragon only confirming his own fears as he gave R'nd's shoulders a little shake. While the greenrider probably could carry R'nd if he was pushed to do so, he really didn't want to attempt it that night, with blood and alcohol present in far too high a quantity.

"c'mon, Tal has a nice bed set up!" Coaxing, B'jin's voice was soft and sweet as he readjusted his grip on R'nd, dropping his arm and weaving it around the bleeding rider's back so he could entice the swaying man to go inside. He was covered in blood, and B'jin sent a fleeting glance to Talian, but his son had dashed on ahead, leading the way to the room in which they were to settle. B'jin spent the longest five minutes of his life coaxing and cajole R'nd from outside and into the room that had been prepared, using soft sweet words and a severe overdose of his favourite endearments.

"Look, love, we made it," B'jin's voice vibrated with relief as he near dragged R'nd over to the bed, glaring viciously at the attendant that tried to do their job until they backed off and looked to Talian. B'jin's expression was pretty clear: Look all you want, but don't you dare touch. If he had been in possession of feathers, they would be puffed out threateningly. Instead, he was reduced to simply glaring. However, considering the man was flushed and puffy from crying, while looking slightly green from the close proximity to R'nd's blood - which was also in excess on him - it was fair to say B'jin likely looked quite scary.

Only when he had managed to get R'nd to lie back on the table did B'jin stop fussing over the younger man long enough to pay Talian a lick of attention, his eyes bright with horror at the entire night, he shifted out of the way, standing at the head of the bed with his fingers combing gently through R'nd's hair, gaze dropping back down to his lover's tortured face as he spoke softly.

"S'kef hit I'shan. R'nd hit S'kef. S'kef bashed the fuck out of R'nd."

I love you, Larrikith crooned softly, nuzzling herself against Ayyonth. Talian will fix him. Talian can fix anything, and B'jin won't let anyone else near him. Maybe she'd been listening to too many of B'jin's stories, but the little dragon completely believed the words she was speaking. She nuzzled reassuringly at Ayyonth's cheek again, peering up at him a worried expression. The beautiful blue was so worked up! Larri licked his nose.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

B'jin's tender concern for his mate was touching. Tal watched it enviously, thinking about the few times he'd tended to Fiora at her sickbed back at home. It was never anything serious, but even the smallest affliction sent the love-struck young man into a whirlwind of concern for her. His obsession over his long lost love had dulled with time and finally broken for good once he learned of his daughter. That didn't mean he didn't still remember her, think about her, and love her.

He watched them out of the corner of his eye as they walked to the exam room. Eventually, he managed to smile.

Cute

Once they were in the room and the examination was under way, his mellow and concerned demeanor shifted at R'nd's request. "No," Tal said with sternness that must have been startling for anyone unused to it. It was, without a doubt, his 'doctor voice'. "You can't lay down until I've checked you over. Now come on. I need you tell me what hurts, and where."

Tal looked up at B'jin. How sweet it was, to see the greenrider doting on his lover. Tal smiled reassuringly at B'jin and reached for the rag and bowl of water that another healer had brought to him. Tal muttered a request for redwort and fellis, winking once at B'jin to silently assure him that no numbweed would be requested, and turned to R'nd again.

The healer grabbed R'nd's nose between two fingers and pushed lightly. "Well, that's good. It's not broken. Are you missing any teeth? And is your vision blurred?" he asked softly. He tapped R'nd on the cheek, requesting for him to open his mouth. He peered inside. "If either of your airways are constricted or feel stopped up, let me know once I'm done, please," he requested after a moment.

A quick pass of his hands over the bluerider's jaw and chin and Tal was done. "Well, no broken jaw either. As long as we get something for the bleeding and swelling, I think you'll be fine."

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd frowned when B’jin got snippy with him but still nodded obediently at the order to stay awake and help get his pathetic ass inside. He shuffled and stumbled his way along, his hand giving a good death grip to the shirt where it had landed when he draped his arm over B’jin’s shoulder. He did not want to let go of the man! He didn’t want to upset B’jin either and apologised multiple times between the greenrider’s encouragements. Sorry for fighting. Sorry for bleeding. Sorry for ruining their clothes. Sorry for ruining the night. R’nd was willing to take the blame for everything. If B’jin was upset it was still night, R’nd was sorry he couldn’t make it day.

When they at last entered the room and B’jin announced victory, R’nd gave a deep sigh of relief – or tried to, as it came out a groan and whimper when the action caused pain. “Thank Faranth. Who thought moving the healers to the lake was a good idea?” Because those five minutes seemed like five hours to R’nd.

He couldn’t recall how he ended up on the hard table and briefly wondered if he had blacked out even though B’jin told him to stay awake. Panic flashed in grey eyes before R’nd tried talking himself down, Ayyonth doing his best to reassure him as well. If nothing else, his lover wouldn’t be toying with his hair if he was mad. R’nd relaxed again and took comfort from the gentle touch of fingers.

“You make it sound so much worse than it is when you put it that way, love,” R’nd tried to play down the fight and his current state yet again. He wasn’t trying to be modest or look for praise that he had been amazing – since he clearly hadn’t been – it was simply R’nd stripped bare bone with his ego and confidence literally beat into submission to leave a man scared he had angered friends. He couldn’t let them be mad! He couldn’t be hated and lose them!

Yet he also didn’t want to lie to a Healer and ended up answering all of Talian’s questions honestly. “Everything everywhere hurts. Well, the waist up. No, ass as well, from the fall I assume.” He whimpered softly at each touch Talian gave and did his best not to smack the man’s hands away. His face had already had enough from S’kef’s hands; Talian’s, while much kinder, were starting to get irritating as well. “I’ve been drinking all night. Of course you’re looking a little blurry around the edges.” Not only were things looking blurry, but R’nd finally realised he sounded slurry as well. His first thought was to blame the alcohol but after Talian poked at his jaw, it was decided his face was close to falling off and hindering his speech.

But he should probably give specifics for all his aches and pains if he wanted any help and they’d have to figure out any words too heavily slurred for whatever reason, “jaw, left cheek, both arms,” his flailing and trying to save his beautiful face had resulted in odd collisions of hard fists and his arms, “abdomen, chest… deep breaths aren’t too enjoyable either.” Even saying that, R’nd still tried a deep breath to show Talian and gasped with a curse as his hand quickly covered the area that gave the sharp pain.

B’jin, the man that was the master of wide innocent eyes, was now recipient of R’nd’s pout with grey eyes pleading for help. “Can I have fellis now, please? Lots and lots and lots of fellis?” with all the pain, alcohol, and need for sleep, R’nd didn’t even notice he was echoing B’jin’s plea of months before.

I love you as well, sweetest of ladies, and I believe you, Ayyonth replied without hesitation. Unlike their riders, he had no issue with speaking his feelings or what was on his mind. He gave Larrikith a quick lick to her cheek and curled up where he had been sitting with Larrikith, eyes intently watching the entrance of the building to make sure everyone who came and went met his approval. He most certainly wasn’t going to let Tyrrisath’s rider near R’nd and B’jin!

He was much calmer now but was still intently focused on R’nd, making sure his dear human stayed awake and focused on everything being asked of him. He hated how much pain R’nd was in but he was so proud of him!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

While the greenrider may well have appeared to dismiss - or not even hear - every word of apology that left R'nd's lips, in truth each word seared the Harper's heart. He didn't try to stop the babbling words, even if each one was a heartbreaking confession that the man wanted to sooth away; instead he kept up his own stream of encouragements the entire way, knowing that for as long as R'nd was speaking, he was still conscious and that meant B'jin would be saved the struggle of carrying his friend. He really didn't want to attempt, when he couldn't know how much damage he'd be liable to inflict by even trying.

Talian's disagreement that R'nd could lie down had B'jin shooting the boy a wide eyed glance, but he followed the little healer's orders, helping R'nd stay upright as Talian started poking about his lover's face. Watching Talian didn't do much for B'jin's stomach, which was becoming increasingly aware of the amount of blood located on both himself and the beaten bluerider. Grimacing and swallowing with dedication, B'jin slid onto the table behind R'nd, pressing up against the younger man's back, letting him lean against him as R'nd once more made half hearted efforts to joke off the ordeal, and B'jin pressed his forehead against the back of R'nd's neck. "Don't," the greenrider breathed the word, shivering slightly. It wasn't funny, it wasn't and R'nd's determination to joke it off was distressing.

He'd been so scared! S'kef was a horrible, terrible man who took pleasure in hurting people, without losing what mind he had; which B'jin knew had happened with the way the brownrider laid into the pretty bluerider without any thought process. The man's shivering intensified and he wrapped his arms gently around R'nd, resting his hands on the man's thighs and curling his fingers lightly into the fabric of his pants as his breath came in soft, jerky intakes.

Then came the plea, and B'jin lifted his tear stained face from R'nd's neck to shift slightly, staring into wide grey eyes sadly as he quivered. A very soft kiss was placed on R'nd's temple as B'jin turned his own begging gaze upon Talian. "Can he? Can you mix fellis with alcohol? Please! He can have numbweed. Numbweed is fine. It'll make him feel better. I don't mind! Please!" Anything to make him feel better!

With desperation etched into the final words, B'jin didn't fight the fresh tears that slid down his cheeks. It was all his fault! His! And Talian wouldn't let R'nd have numbweed because of him and that just wasn't fair! His poor, sweet lover shouldn't have to suffer because of an allergy he didn't even know his partner had! Reefing his gaze from Talian's professional façade, B'jin buried his face between R'nd's shoulder blades, letting the back of the man's shirt soak up his tears.

B'jin blames himself, Larrikith said gently, speaking to everyone but her crying rider, her brush against Talian almost timid compared to her usual brash nature. But the fault is mine. Shame rippled through her voice, and outside, the little green hung her head sadly as she curled away from Ayyonth. Rather than reassure the cocky little green, his returned affection simply made her feel more strongly her own role in creating the outcome. She'd gotten her beloved, precious, dearest blue's delightful rider injured! It had been a fun idea, and the game had been silly and entertaining until the drunken humans had taken it too far in their addled brains. She certainly hadn't meant for R'nd to end up damaged! Maybe tease B'jin some when he took it too seriously and over reacted (which she'd expected her human to do) but not anyone else! Not like this! We were just playing...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"B'jin!" a shrill voice called out. In the hallway, a pair of healers hurried along, pushing a stubborn and suitably bloodied bluerider along. I'shan drug his feet, dead-weighting himself and making the whole ordeal quite difficult for the two young ladies who were trying to move him.

I'shan was a wreck. Like R'nd, he was lucky to have his face intact, nose and teeth included. He wasn't free of blood, however. His nose and lip were busted, leaving a mess of blood all over his lips, chin, and neck. S'kef's single blow had obviously been a successful one indeed! The bluerider, thin body trembling from pain and nervousness, found a sliver of bravery and latched onto the door frame as he passed by the room.

"B'jin!" he squealed. "R'nd! I am so sharding sorry!" he whimpered as he pawed at the door, struggling against the now three healers trying to pull him away. The new addition was a male, and one of the girls was on the stout side. "I am so sorry, I am such an ass!" he lamented, eyes welling up in tears. He kicked at the healers a bit, as if he feared there were hauling him off to be euthanized or something equally unpleasant.

Realizing that he was fighting a losing battle, he started talking fast. "I was drunk! And I rthought I was flight sober, but I'm starting to wonder if that flight was even real! I'm sorry I grabbed you, Jinny! You're a good friend and I shouldnthavetreatedyouthatwayR'ndpleasedon'thatem-"

SLAM

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Okay, that was enough.

B'jin's wailing and R'nd's begging and Larrikith's whining and whatever the shards that retarded bluerider was doing were quite enough. Talian paused, his mouth turning into a thin line and his slender body constricting with may as well have been called Sudden Onset Aggravation Syndrome.

First thing first: he tied his headband into position. Then, without pause, he turned on his heels and marched across the room. The firepit held a fresh pot of boiling water, provided moments before by one of his helpful assisrtants. While he'd intended to use it to made a redwort solution, he figured a bit could be spared. He reached into a drawer (flawlessly organized by himself, as every drawer in the entire hall had been as long as no dimglows messed it up) and quickly produced a packet of Aconite powder, which he poured into the pot and allowed to simmer. Then, he calmly but swiftly reached for an unopened bottle of some sort of solution and a rag.

Talian turned and marched accusingly across the room. The bluerider looked back, surprised and curious at how the healer dampened the rag with the solution, which smelled similar to Fellis, but what exactly was in it, he couldn't say. Tal knew what it did, though.

Talian reached out and seized the bluerider roughly by the hair. "That's enough!" he scolded, still laser-focused on the task at hand. It was true; Talian became another person when he was at work.  He hadn't showed this side of himself to B'jin since Jada's injury. I'shan wiggled and squirmed, of course, but when the damp rag closed over his mouth, he found himself instantly dizzy.

The bluerider slumped lazily into the other healers' arms while Talian rolled his head back and poured the liquid down his throat. "Overnight monitoring," he growled to the other healers before slamming the door.

Afterwards, Talian calmly but forcefully walked back to the firepit. He removed the pot and poured some of the new mixture into a cup. It was already rapidly cooling down, which was perfect. Afterwards, he stalked over to the near-hysterial B'jin.

"Stop!" Tal ordered. His free hand lashed out, delivering a quick pop to the greenrider's face. It was nothing serious and probably didn't even sting, but coming from Tal, it may as well have been a charging herdbeast. Talian then shoved the cup in B'jin's hands. "Drink this and immediately sit down," he ordered mathematically. "It's a mild sedative." Not to mention an alternative to numbweed for minor pain.

At last, Tal looked back to R'nd. "It's all right," Talian reassured him. He reached out and lightly pressed against the man's ribs. Out of all the pain described, the healer hadn't latched on to anything else. R'nd's face was fine, but pain in the ribs was a bad sign.

He frowned. "You have a cracked rib," he said as he peeled back. At B'jin's request, he fetched a small jar of numbweed salve. His confident strike broke a little bit as he paused, glancing once at B'jin with his usual timidness shinning through, asking permission one more time before making his way back to his patient.

First do no harm.

Tal quickly went to work cleaning the wounds and treating them with numbweed. He was quiet and focused, and just as he knew B'jin would want, he didn't speak about the allergy.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd still felt horrible for upsetting B’jin as much as he had and had decided to try talking less but then he heard a commotion and saw who was causing it and that decision was momentarily forgotten. “Shel! Shel, stop worrying about me, go look after yourself!” he hadn’t forgotten his friend that had been the deciding factor in attacking S’kef. B’jin being held where he didn’t want to be was one thing, and something R’nd figured he could have corrected without violence, but when I’shan was punched by the brownrider, he couldn’t restrain himself any longer. Taking a cue from I’shan as Talian strode from one place to another around the room, R’nd started talking faster, especially since B’jin was cuddling him close and getting up to see I’shan up close seemed like too much work, “I’ll visit you soon, I promise! I’m not mad why would--”

Grey eyes widened in horror as Talian held a cloth to I’shan’s face and moments later his quirky friend was falling limp into the Healers’ arms. What had Talian done to him? If that wasn’t enough, Talian decided B’jin needed to skip the tears and smacked him. Talian smacked B’jin. B’jin, Talian’s adoptive father, was smacked. By Talian. R’nd instantly fell silent, too afraid to even whimper at any minor spike in pain lest the Master Healer did something to him as well. It didn’t help that B’jin slumped against him soon after the drink was presumably swallowed. Talian was terrifying!

When the soft reassurance came immediately after everything R’nd had witnessed, the bluerider tried to believe Talian’s words and it truly was all right but he was having issues with that. So he continued to be quiet and nodded with a frown at the prognosis.

When it seemed like Talian had numbweed he was going to be kind enough to apply, or perhaps he simply wanted to tease R’nd with something he wouldn’t give due to revenge from the bathhouse, R’nd nearly sobbed with relief. He was trying so hard to hide how much pain he was as B’jin was already upset enough as it was. He fiddled with his clothing the best he could without further aggravating anything or jolting his clinging greenrider so Talian could clean the wounded areas and do whatever else he wanted. All R’nd wanted right now was a drug-induced coma.

I’m not mad at you either, Larrikith, R’nd didn’t think speaking aloud to the mossy green dragon would be encouraged, especially by Talian, and figured since she was already brushing softly against his mind, she would pick up on his thoughts. Just in case, Ayyonth was open to the conversation as well – his beautiful blue was very rarely blocked out of anything – and could relay anything Larrikith missed. I’m actually quite amused by your game. Though I better have won regardless of being a false flight. He smiled outwardly, just a tad, as he mentally laughed. Larrikith was good at providing a laugh, usually at someone else’s expense, and R’nd liked that about the spunky green.

See, my dear lady? All is well. If R’nd had been upset with you, I would let Kerrin drown him in the lake a bit as punishment. Ayyonth ignored Larrikith’s self-banishment from affection and moved in closer to her. He pressed close as he did his best to curl his larger frame around her much smaller one, letting his nose rest near hers. He wasn’t trying to trap her with a show of how he could overpower her, but simply wanted Larrikith to see that she was loved by both portions of the bluepair and she had someone to lean on and take strength from, just as B’jin did.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

That voice! B'jin shrank back suddenly, hiding without any sense of dignity behind R'nd and peering over the bluerider's shoulder with huge eyes as I'shan came to a clawing stop in the door-frame. The greenrider stared at him, his face heating up in horrified embarrassment as I'shan shrieked to the whole Hall what had happened out there. Then R'nd was yelling back, and B'jin jumped, startled by the sudden and insistent words coming from his lover. Whimpering and shaking, B'jin had attempted to rebury his teary face against R'nd's back when Talian was suddenly on top of him and --!

B'jin's brown eyes almost popped right out of his face as he stared at Talian in shocked horror, before bursting into tears. The greenrider tried really hard to make them quiet, his eyes wide and terrified as he watched Talian shift his attention to R'nd. Remembering the order, B'jin raised the cup to his lips but breathed and swallowed at once, causing him to choke and splutter before he controlled himself and drank it down, cringing behind R'nd so Talian couldn't see him, and as a result, didn't see the way the boy hesitated before coming forward with the numbweed.

B'jin's hands were curled between his front and R'nd's back, fingers clutching the fabric of his lover's clothing tightly; as the drugs in the drink kicked in, the greenrider's grip loosened and he slumped against R'nd in a more relaxed manner. There were still tears tumbling down his cheeks at intervals, but his breathing slowed and regulated and his gaze became sad and depressed, instead of frantic and fearful. The clearest thought process rippling across the forefront of his brain was the simple reminder to not touch R'nd's chest. That would be bad - but his foggy mind couldn't remember why. B'jin cuddled closer, nuzzling against R'nd's neck and murmuring soft, breathy sorries for everything; later, the greenrider would rage about how no one fucking listened to him - but for now, he was sorry. So sorry. Please, so sorry! He hadn't really wanted to see his sweet, beautiful, precious bluerider with a back eye! Honest!

Only when Ayyonth wrapped her up in security and love did Larrikith feel free to speak to his rider once more, the little green pressing against Ayyonth and cuddling as close as she could. Who but Ayyonth is good enough for me? She asked gently, though her word were filled with just a hint of arrogance. False flight or real flight, Ayyonth was hers and she had no desire to share him with anyone else, than she had to share herself. Nuzzling the blue's cheek, she let her adoration of the young dragon flow freely to him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There, it was perfect.

Talian looked over his patient one last time, making sure he hadn't missed any minute details in his treatment. Wounds were tended, sedatives were administered, and blood was washed clean. The healer offered R'nd a cup of the same brew he'd used on both  B'jin and I'shan, something to calm the nerves as well as soothe the skin.

"Your broken rib will mend on it's own, but you'll need to refrain from any strenuous activity while it heals," Talian explained as he held out a hand to help R'nd to bed. "I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow. For now, you need rest. You're fortunate to have escaped any real damage." He spoke with a light dusting of sympathy, much gentler than he'd ever addressed R'nd before. It could be attributed to the serious nature of the conversation, but just as much, it was some sort of delayed apology for the way he'd acted earlier. Tal didn't usually lose his temper, but compromising his examination room was a good way to do it!

"Come on. Lie down...I'll get B'jin somewhere comfortable too." He hadn't checked on B'jin yet, but he was sure the greenrider was loopy out of his mind by now. "...And that other bluerider will be cared for, too. Just relax." It felt awkward to speak in such a personable way to R'nd. Tal still wasn't sure if he liked the man, but all that really mattered was that he made B'jin happy. He wasn't a bad guy, and well...maybe it was time to let go. For now, he was a patient.

Tal laughed nervously, then returned to B'jin. 'Dad? Are you okay? I'm sorry I hit you," he said, reaching out to help the greenrider to his undoubtedly wobbly feet. "Let's find you a bed too, okay?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was so close to giving a pathetic face of dismay at Talian’s instructions to avoid strenuous activities. What counted as strenuous? He could still have sex, right? If they were careful, right? Somehow, his mouth managed to stay closed and not ask those questions that would either embarrass at least one person in the room or earn him a glare and more yelling. Talian was still a bit scary!

Oh, he could lie down now? He liked that idea! Except, why was Talian insisting it happen right there and without B’jin? R’nd suddenly didn’t like the idea so much and this time he did frown. “Talian, I’m fine. Ayyonth can get me--” all right, he wasn’t fine. As he tried getting to his feet, R’nd found the room was suddenly a lot more tilted than he remembered it being and very dull, like all the colour was being leeched away. He caught himself in time to keep from face planting to the side he was slowly beginning to lean towards and sighed in defeat. “Tomorrow. Ayyonth can bring me home tomorrow.” He wasn’t fond of the idea of staying in the examination room for the night but moving wasn’t really an option anymore.

Take care of him for me, Larrikith. R’nd had intended that comment be about Ayyonth who still felt a bit rattled by everything but as the edges of reality started to blur and exhaustion demanded he give in and sleep forever, he wasn’t so sure anymore. His thoughts kept drifting to B’jin and how he wanted to make sure his friend wasn’t harmed at all and to help him relax after a horrible turn of events after such a fun night. But as he shifted into a position that didn’t seem likely to cause enormous amounts of pain when he finally woke, R’nd couldn’t do more than weakly grab for B’jin’s hand, barely catching and holding the fingers. He wanted to tell B’jin not to go far, in fact, he should stay right there with him but his needs outweighed his wants and R’nd was soon passing out.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Unfocused brown eyes widened dramatically as his blueriding shield was lead away, the greenrider squeaking and looking around in worry. He hadn't heard a lick of Talian had said to R'nd about his wounds or restrictions, but R'nd would find himself a very stubborn not-lover as soon as he found out about it. The greenrider wasn't one to say no, but R'nd wasn't particularly pushy to start with and would be met with flat and accusing stares if he did try to initiate anything remotely sexual. B'jin would be liable to poke him in the ribs if R'nd so much as looked at him, never mind trying to kiss him or actually attempt to get laid.

"R'nd!" Half whine, half demand, B'jin watched twin Talians put his rather wide looking lover to bed. Why was his son putting his lover to bed? When had R'nd gained weight? That wasn't right! B'jin twisted on the table, intent on standing up when there were more feet in his current field of view. Brown eyes blinked and looked up to see a very hazy Talian peering at him. "Rnd," he slurred, clearly begging to go wherever Talian had hidden the bluerider. Talian wouldn't join them though, right? Because that was not right! The greenrider stood up, clinging to his healer son.

"S'ck!" B'jin's eyes widened dramatically as his stomach twisted, the alcohol rebelling against his lack of food, sudden standing and the disagreeable thoughts in his mind. The greenrider's face paled rapidly as he lost all the blood and rapidly turned sickly. His shoulders heaved just as a bucket was shoved under his nose, and B'jin emptied the alcoholic contents of his stomach, groaning unhappily as he swayed. Spitting into the bucket, B'jin took the small glass of water he was offered without words and very carefully lifted it to his lips, frowning in concentration as he focused on not missing his mouth or dropping the cup. Rinsing his mouth, B'jin waved the bucket away before taking tiny sips for a moment, leaning heavily on Talian.

"R'nd," he repeated, the pair making it to the bluerider in time for fingers to catch and B'jin clung to his lover's fingers, lifting his gaze to peer at Talian with wide eyes and a begging pout. He didn't want to go anywhere, if it wasn't right where he was! ... that doesn't make a lick of sense, B'jin. Larrikith inserted in a manner that would have delighted B'jin if his brain had been working enough to pick up on the shocked manner his dragon had spoken in. But then she was speaking to Talian and B'jin blinked. His healer boy would get him something to sit on, right? He couldn't sleep with R'nd; the bed was too little! He'd just sit there and hold his hand. He could do that, right? B'jin's gaze was wonky as he dropped it back to R'nd's fingers gripped lazily in his own, swaying slightly.

He wants a chair, Larrikith supplied Talian, when all B'jin could managed was a frowning begging look at Talian, the swaying rider unable to make his brain focus enough to feed words to his mouth. What did you give him? His thoughts are fucked. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Larrikith's words came with a tingle of unintended emotion, worry and confusion. B'jin was very, very rarely drugged and even when drunk he had a fierce control over his mind. His thoughts now were barely coherent and were spinning around enough to make her feel sick (no wonder he'd puked!) and she decided quite firmly, I don't like it! Make it stop! Her eyes were swirling in distress, but her voice was neither loud nor overwhelming.

"M'fn, l've." He was simply swaying, and unable to see straight, and queasy and really wanted to sleep. But he couldn't leave R'nd. He wouldn't!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian turned around just in time to collide with B'jin. Alarmed, the healer's arms instinctively wrapped around the drunken and drugged man. "B'jin? B'jin?  Dad. I need you to stay calm," Talian whispered firmly, focused and soft. Talian tried to lift the greenrider into a more suitable standing position. Talian, however, was still quite weak. He grunted under the weight and reeled backwards, coming dangerously close to losing his grip.

"I need an-" Oh, shards!

Tal reached awkwardly for a bucket thrust at him by another healer. He barely had time to lift it before B'jin's spew went everywhere, including partially on his shoulder. Tal's face remained unchanged, for he'd been vomited on more times than he could count. "Shhh!  You'll be fine," he cooed at B'jin, shoving the bucket back to the other healer before whispering for her to have a second cot brought in. B'jin obviously wasn't going anywhere, and Talian wouldn't have the sick man sitting up in a chair all night.

Tal escorted B'jin to the bed and seated him. Poor man. Tal didn't care for the undeserved celebrations that this terrible place put on, but B'jin had meant to enjoy this evening. He didn't deserve this. R'nd didn't deserve it, either. Was there no such thing as fortune here? Why did even supposedly happy occasions always devolve into brawls and misery?

More proof that this place was fucked.

"Shh," Tal assured the greenrider one last time, running his hand over the man's hair as B'jin had done for him so many times. Then, as he heard the new cot being brought in, he hopped to his feet. He slid a couple chairs out of the way so the others could push it close. Tal didn't do much to help; he was too scrawny to be much good actually moving, and he couldn't think to direct..not with Larrikith in his head. He grunted and stopped short, one foot sliding in the now-damp floor, and scowled at the wall.

"I can't make it stop!" he roared suddenly. The female healer from before jumped, looking alarmed that sweet, timid, always-focused Talian had apparently screamed nonsense at the walls. Tal frowned, nose scrunched in distaste, and waved a dismissive hand at her. "It's nothing! I'm fine..." he murmured. He brushed his way past both the girl and the male who had come to aid her and made his way back to B'jin. The new cot had been lined up right next to R'nd's.

"There you go," Tal said, placing his hands on B'jin's shoulders and slowly guiding him down to the cot. "Get some sleep, all right? You'll both feel much better in the morning." Tal smiled, his stoic work-face slowly melting away. "All right? Nothing bad can happen to either of you in here."

Tal exhaled heavily and pulled his headband off. He was tried, cranky, worried, and he smelled like puke. Despite all that, it was satisfying to see both B'jin and R'nd cared for and safe. Too bad no one ever seemed to be truly safe around here.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)