World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Baby troubles

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Jazz cradled her ever growing 4 month baby in her arms, at least for the moment, he was comfortable settled against her. His strawberry blonde hair curled up in soft wisps for the moment his baby blue eyes were closed.

Jazz just smiled down at her sleeping son and kissed the top of his head before turning her attention back to her plateful of food. Whatever weight she had put on was quickly lost with breast feeding, and if anything she felt slimmer than she had for a while. That was something to keep herself though.

Jazpur had been a long child at birth. Almost adorably gawky. With limbs that seemed too long for his body and the most angelic face she had ever seen. She swore she could almost see the start of the same strong feature that his father bore. His skin had been color at birth as well, despite Jazz having screamed her way through and spewed threats to anyone who tried to tell her what to do. That moment, she gone with instinct with a only a little help from the Midwife.

Yea, I'shan had visited not long after the birth. To which she was grateful, she even tried to convince him to hold the little bundle, although the moment she had tried to get him to hold Jazpur, he kicked off something and only being held very close with soft mummers of comfort soothed. Even now, she could not lay him in his own cot. He would only sleep in her bed, next to her.

Regardless to say, Jazz was utterly exhausted, she had no time for herself and anyone who suggested she put the child into Creche was glared at until they left. When he was older, she had decided in private. When he was older he could go to Creche. It was for the fact she had to eat she probably wouldn't.

Green eyes scanned the dining hall with mild annoyance. Now, where was that 'lovely' man that helped her conceive this angel looking little demon spawn. ALso... Where the hell was I'shan?!

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
I'shan's life had become hectic to say the least. It wasn't his usual kind of hectic, though; the kind that led him to new adventures every day, the kind that he enjoyed. It was the kind that involved guilt, neglect, shame, secrecy, and bad memories. It was the kind that reminded him that he had two fatherless children and two children towards whom he almost felt like a father. It was the kind of hectic that tore his mate away from him, and torn him away from his mate in return.

It was shit.

The bluerider entered the room in a whirlwind of half-fastened buttons and messy hair. He hadn't visited with Jazira as much as he'd have liked, or the one kid he had access to, for that matter. Still, time was time! He trotted up, looking somehow ex excitable and tired all at once, and flopped into the seat across from her.

"Hello!" he chirped. He held one finger out to the child. "And hello to you too, cutie!" he cooed at the baby. I'shan was excellent with children as far as playing with them and entertaining them went. He was easygoing, fun, non-intimidating...but when they started to cry, he started to panic.

"Sorry I'm a little late, Jazz. I had to go talk to the Weyrleader earlier, I got called unexpectedly...."....About his poor behavior in wing practice, but she didn't need to know that. The bluerider smiled whimsically. "How are you?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz was barely able to muffle a yawn, her fingers itching to reach out for the cup of klah that taunted her sleep fogged mind. But she daren't move and risk unsettling the strawberry blonde baby in her arms. Her gaze shiftd with the peaceful bundle in her arms

"Hello I'shan. I was wondering when you pay me another visit." She chuckled, throwing an accusing but playful glare at the disorganized bluerider. Jazpur shifted in her arms, his little face scrunching in denial of waking. But once his baby blues opened and he was face to face with I'shan. His lips pulled back revealing pinky gums as he treated I'shan to perhaps the biggest grin ever given by any child. His chubby arms reaching with an eagerness only known by children to the older rider. His excitement evident in the way he wiggled to try and reach the dark haired male.

"Its okay I'shan. I figured something up." She teased him with that tone that suggested he was up something more than just 'talking'. "I'm okay, just tired. You know Jazpur is terribly clingy, so sleep is a rare gift. Sleeping alone now is a thing of the past." She gave a weak laugh, although the shininess to her eyes suggested there was something more to her comment than the light hearted humour she was trying to project to him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Well, he is pretty new," I'shan said as he held his hand out, poking his finger playfully at the child. The bluerider liked kids well enough as long as he wasn't expected to raise them, but even that taboo subject had been as terrifying to him lately. He smirked at the child before looking back to the mother, his friend, who seemed to have opened up so much as of late. I'shan didn't know if time or the child was to thank for it, but he wasn't going to question it. When so few people in his environment seemed happy, himself included, it was a nice ting to see.

I'shan wondered if the father ever took the child off her hands. He was curious, but he didn't want to tread on that particular subject, now when his own children were going on without a father.

Who was the father again, anyhow? Some bronzerider? Cool.

He also considered offering to look after the kid himself, but that idea scared him so much that he entertained it for only a split second before giving a nervous laugh. "Oh, shards. I can't imagine," he said, chuckling. "I'm glad you're okay, though. And hey, that means you can stand for Impression now."

He wasn't sure if she'd want to. A lot of the girls didn't seem to want to, though I'shan couldn't imagine why. He thought it was worth pointing out, though. "Assuming you want to. I think you'd look pretty good, sitting on a pretty blue dragon like me," he said with a playful wink.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz could only chuckle, her fingers lightly trailing through her excited son's hair. Smiling warmly as Jazpur attempted to naw on I'shan offered finger. Kissing the top of his hair, she leant back in her chair. Seemingly more at ease with herself, although her eyes kept that flash of attitude and fire of temper lurking beneath the brown, green depths. With his somewhat nervous laughter, Jazz rose an eyebrow in question but said nothing. Figuring if he was comfortable he'd tell her.

"True. I'm seriously considering it. Although... what will I do with Jazpur?" She uttered softly, as Jazpur shifted, his chubby fingers grabbing onto the fabric of her shirt and snuggling in close. She gave I'shan a weak smile. "He'll scream non stop until I pick him up." She added on as though it was an after thought. Her gaze moved back to him.

"You think they'll let me keep him with me even if I impress?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.  Rubbing gentle circles on Jazpur's back, she carefully eased him back to sleep. His remark of a blue dragon brought her attention to him. He really considered her good enough to ride a dragon? She chuckled softly so she didn't upset her son.

"I'd love that. But if I impress a blue, you better be helping me, actually scratch that. You better be helping me with any color I impress." She giggled softly, leaning slightly so she could prop her head on his shoulder. The only way she felt comfortable to show him both an almost sister like affection and comfort.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Aw man," I'shan said, quickly shaking his head. "Woman riders always have the creche to look after their kids. I don't know if you'd get to take him to lessons or whatever, though. I kinda doubt it. But the Weyr would always look after him for you while you were there." He had to admit that a four-month old and a baby dragonet at the same time would be a stupid amount of work, but on the same token, he had no idea if the next hatching would be sooner or later. Maybe Jazpur would be old enough for it not to be a problem by then.

"I guess I have to admit that a new dragonet is a lot of work, though. I guess it just depends on his age and how comfortable you are leaving him alone. But you're young, right? I bet you'll have plenty of chances!" He wanted to encourage her. He liked her and thought she was tough enough to make a rider, unlike most of the girl candidates. Granted, Katila tended to search heartier girls than the pre-plague weyrs ever had, so that wasn't too much of a problem, but it was a thought that crossed his mind. If a girl was going to Impress a dragon, someone like Jazira was best. She was tough!

The next part brought a smile to his face. He was more than happy to sit there and allow her to lean on him. He reached around with one arm to pat her shoulder firmly, the same sort of friendly gesture he might have shown a peer in his wing. "That won't be a problem, Jazz. I'll be around, you know that! Though I'm not much of an expert on greens. All my greenriding friends are nuts. I have no idea how that shit works," he said playfully. "But no way. You're more of a bluerider than I am, I bet my knots on it!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz gazed at her son then back to I'shan. She wasn't so sure her son would handle it well but she was stolen to be a rider, so she might as well stand for one. Admittedly, nothing would stop her from at least making regular contact with Jazpur. Maybe if she did impress and the dragon was old enough, she could look after Jazpur full time. But the issue was still leaving him in the creche, knowing her little boy wouldn't be happy with that. But it would help him grow right? He'd always have someone with him..

"I guess... I mean there are loads of kids in the creche.. and they are happy right?" She looked up at I'shan, lifting her free hand to pat his arm lightly. she laughed softly, her shoulders shaking from fit of giggles now taking control her body.

"I don't know I'shan. I'm pretty nuts myself." she grinned up at him, giggling softly. His commnet of her being a bluerider, brought her wide surprised gaze to his. The glitter of tears forming, a smile still curving at her lips.

"Really? You really think I'd suit a blue?" She said, her voice tightening up. She was so touched! He thought highly of her, hell she had given him so much grief! She had even wondered how they had remained friends... but she was glad. her furious streak had not pushed him away, if anything it had brought them closer. She had a true friend.

Her bottom lip trembled as she turned her head and buried into his shoulders. His words had struck a point with her. Since arriving at the Weyr, she had believed herself too violent for a dragon. And here... I'shan thought her capable of riding! She tried to hold back the onslaught of tears but a hiccup whimper escaped.

"Sorry.." she all but squeaked as her throat tightened up, making it too difficult to talk.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Something was different about Jazira. I'shan wasn't necessarily surprised. A lot of his female friends had children over the turns, and they always seemed just a little bit different after. Jazira seemed to have softened. Was she more relaxed in her position at the Weyr? Had the baby given her something different to live for? It was certainly a side of her that he'd only rarely seen before, but in a way, it was good. I'shan always worried about people who had a hard time expressing their sentimental sides. Expression was good for you.

"I think so," I'shan said with a lazily impish smile. He slumped onto one palm and nodded. "They say only the spunky girls Impress fighting dragons, you know. And shards, you're more of a man than I am!" A playful wink accompanied his words, an indication that the jab wasn't meant as an insult, as it would have been from many Pernese men.

"I can't say too much, though. I told my friend B'jin this once; When I was at Fort, people were betting on who would win my dragon's maiden flight before I even Impressed! They were SO sure I'd be a greenrider...so sometimes our assumptions can be wrong, I guess!" He let out a light giggle of amusement. Hah! I'shan,  a greenrider?

What a sharding disaster that would be.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)