World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Hunting for dragons [S'kef]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
When Jada had been assigned the Hunting chore, Krypth's excitement had been palpable. The gold had been watching several hunting techniques, for in a few short days she would get to practice all on her own, and it was absolutely thrilling to know that she was going to be given such an important task. So when Jada had confessed that aside from their Candidate and Weyrling training, she'd never gone hunting for her own food...

"You had never fished, you had never hunted, what did you do?!" snapped one person.

"Oh my." murmured another.

"I'll have someone go with you." a third hastily exclaimed, ushering the confused Harper back to the edge of his hut and setting her outside. "Meet them outside the dining hall tomorrow, just after lunch. You'll know." She'd know. Great. What, would they just be carrying a sign that said, 'Playing companion to that useless girl who can't hunt on her own even with a dragon to help her'? Jada sulked, and Krypth sneered (supporting her, of course) and they decided to go for a swim. At least until they realized that the lake was too far, and Krypth really was bored with the river. So they sulked, and sneered, and played a game of hide and seek.

Krypth found Jada every time.

"Tomorrow," Jada advised her Bonded as they lay together in the stone dip that made up the gold dragon's bed, "I will hunt you." The 'Good Luck' went unsaid, but Krypth nosed her human patronizingly before they fell asleep.

As always, the two of them woke right around darn, and rose for the day. A morning run for Jada and wing exercises for Krypth, a bath for Jada and an oiling for Krypth, then breakfast and whatever boring lesson G'rem would have for them today. Oh! More hunting, was there a recurring theme in Jada's chores? Another oiling for Krypth, who was almost 10 feet long and growing, and then lunch for Jada. Outside, under a tree, Jada perused all of the familiar faces that were passing her by, curious to see who would be holding the sign.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
S'kef was oddly compliant with the request he'd received that morning. Hunting was among his favorite chores, but while he normally preferred to go alone, he couldn't exactly justify leaving a new weyrling to flounder. S'kef believed in Katila. He was loyal to the leaders. If he wanted them (and the weyr) to succeed, the weyrlings needed to succeed. He figured he could take a little time out of his day to help one of them along, even if his motives were more out of political necessity than actual tenderness or desire to nurture.

His interest grew once he learned who exactly he would be chaperoning. Jada? The new goldrider? That was delightful indeed. The young goldrider would undoubtedly need guidance in all sorts of fields. As it stood, her reputation was...thus far unremarkable. She was young, though. She had all the time in the world to learn, and dragons didn't make mistakes. There had to be something there. What if he was the one to find it?

S'kef stood under the trees as directed, sign in hand. Tyrrisath loomed quietly close by, passive as always. The brown was  interested in meeting the young queen, but that didn't mean he was going to show it. S'kef's interests were more important, though ultimately not that different. He gave his rider a mental nudge as he caught sight of the pair approaching.

S'kef turned and nodded to the girl, waving the sign once just to make sure she saw him. "Good day, miss Jada," the brownrider said with a sort of manicured, professional politeness. He wasn't exactly faking. She was, after all, a goldrider. She would grow into something quite special some day, or at least he chose to believe so. He eyed her with distant interest; not sexual or even particularly devious interest, though she remained a wholly political target for the time being.

He dropped the sign and extended one hand to the young queenrider. "I'm S'kef, and this is Tyrrisath," he said. He assumed (and expected) her to know who he was, but for now he would make nice and not appear to expect it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"It's getting hot." she told Krypth, and the gold ducked her head in a nod of agreement- a purely humanoid gesture that looked positively silly on the gangly creature. Was there a reason that it was supposed to be a good idea to have hunting lessons in the middle of the afternoon? Possibly because nothing with a lick of common sense would actually be out, so they stood less chance of scaring off their dinner? Or maybe they thought the sun would reflect off Krypth's shockingly dull yellow hide, imbue it with some of the glitter and shine that so marked her mother and her bronze kin. Alas, it looked like their plan was going to come to naught, for turquoise eyes were longingly looking to a mud puddle, even as the long nose bumped into Jada's hip.

I see the sign. Krypth said it succinctly, lifting her head and looking away innocently, as though she had seen nothing at all. But once Jada saw the sign, she couldn't stop her short, shocked giggle. Someone had actually been told to hold a sign? Poor man, he was probably being punished for something, to be asked to cater to such a silly expectation. It is Tyrrisath and His. S'kef. Krypth reminded her of the information even before Jada could get a clear look at the wielder of the Sign. Briefly, wildly, Jada wondered if Krypth could have been wrong. Surely no one would send her alone on a hunting trip with the man who had so cruelly whipped B'jin!

Alas, it seemed that Krypth was correct, as per her usual. Well, here would be a test of seeing if she could walk the walk and talk the talk; She thought that people should be judged based on their deeds towards her, in mist cases... but still. S'kef was a big, stinking batch of numbweed to brew. Regardless, Krypth was prancing their way with her writhing step, almost dancing up to S'kef and crooning in greeting to him, then doing the same to the larger brown at his side. So you will be joining us in the forests today? Jada says that she will hunt me, for practice, but I do think she'd have more luck learning to use one of those pointy things than trying to keep up with me. I will be learning to fly soon.

It was pride, and then Jada was there, nodding stiffly to the man. There was a certain trepidation that Jada felt, looking at his hand blankly for a moment as though it was going to bite her. "A pleasure to formally meet you." she said at last, not sure what else one could say.

I've heard of your exploits, or

I heard you get a hard on from beating up cute young greenriders, or

Please don't hurt me.

"Thank you for being willing to help us out today," she heard herself saying to him cheerfully, felt herself smiling at him, eyes crinkling up at the corners. "I'm afraid Krypth and I would be at a loss without some assistance."

We would have managed, though. Krypth corrected her rider defensively. We're a very good team, my Jada and I.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef watched with interest as the goldpair approached. Jada was a lovely girl. S'kef had his own private interests in other areas, but there was still no denying that. The ungainly gold dragonet beside her would continue to grow into something elegant and beautiful, befitting of such a graceful looking young lady. S'kef smiled a little bit.

Ah, there it was. He loved being a source of fear, even when it came from sources he wouldn't generally approve of. He didn't particularly want to intimidate Jada, but the stiffness he could see in her, the momentary hesitation...it all pointed to her knowing who he was and seeing what he'd done. It felt good. His concern over his reinstatement as Weyrsecond had been growing as of late. The Weyrleader was coming to a decision awfully slowly, and that bode ill for the brownrider. It was nice to be reminded that everyone still knew who he was.

"It's not a problem, miss Jada," he assured her. Okay, so maybe it was a bit of a hassle, but he didn't mind that. Duty came before comfort. He looked at Krypth and smiled at her crooned greeting. "She really is growing up to be quite lovely," he remarked in the smooth tone he used for business. Tyrrisath offered Krypth a silent greeting as well. He projected warm feelings, but he was, well...the strong, silent type. He waited until she spoke to him before saying anything at all.

I will. I hope you enjoy it he said pleasantly. He enjoyed hunting, and he knew that his rider did as well. Shame they couldn't fly.

S'kef turned to his dragon and prepared to mount. His assumption would be that he and Tyrrisath would transport Jada off into the woods to hunt on foot...he didn't expect Krypth to actually come along, so how he was going to have to make up his plan as he went. He'd seen what the dragonet had done to D'ren's hut when asked to leave, and to be honest, S'kef wanted to be in the best possible graces with any future potential leadership.

"Since Krypth can't fly yet, we'll have to use bows and spears for hunting...Do you have any experience, miss Jada?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He smiled, just the faintest bit and brief, and Jada smiled back, foolishly mistaking his satisfaction for a bit of kindness. He had noted her trepidation and smiled, and that had to mean that there was something a little kind in him, did it not? And the wrong had been done to B’jin, not to herself- not that it excused anything, of course, but it meant that the trust she was about to place in him had not yet been betrayed. Today would be a test for Jada in more ways than one, for today she would be alone without multiple eyes on her, possibly for the first time since she had entered the Weyr.

It was not that she and Krypth would be lacking protection, for S’kef was a seasoned rider and Tyrrisath was a dragon, after all; nor did she think that S’kef would deliberately mistreat her. Not with (and this sounded egotistical even to herself) who she was. But yes, there it was; the memory of the punishment he had doled out. The knowledge that should she be rebellious or overstep herself, she could be the one left to the whip, regardless of who she thought she was.

“She’s growing up to be a piece of work,” Jada agreed affectionately, brushing her hand over the creamy hide. “Oiling her is a full day task, I don’t know how I manage to find the time for anything else.” That was truth! At average growth of a foot a month during the course of her short life, the young queen was fond of being well oiled, or she itched. And if she itched, a bath was almost always necessary, because before the dragon would complain, she would go for a roll in the mud, in order to take care of it herself. 

I am not! Krypth protested, glancing back at her Bonded accusingly. I just know that if I don’t keep you on your toes nothing will get done. I am busy all the time, S’kef, making sure that she does not get distracted from her tasks by my needs. An oil, she said, or my hide will crack, but a mud bath will do just as well and not distract her from what she needs to be doing. I will be a Queen one day, but that rule will not include the kinds of knowledge that Jada needs to have in order to perform her tasks. Do you not agree, S’kef?

“You’re not going to be queen of anything if you crack your hide. I hear it hurts terribly. Don’t you agree, Tyrrisath?” If Krypth was going to try and get S’kef to gang up on her, surely appealing to the part of him which was quite thoroughly a workaholic, then Jada would go for the help of another dragon.

Then a more severe problem than two girls having a spat came about. S’kef started to mount his beast and Jada and Krypth stared at each other for a moment. Wait, there was going to be a dragon ride? Surely Tyrrisath could not carry the golden dragon and the riders. Could they go one at a time? I was told I could come with you. Her tone was crisp, and only Jada could feel the slight undertone of petulance. She didn’t want to be separated from Jada! What if an accident happened? Only Krypth could keep her safe enough, she didn’t trust even a brown as lovely as the strong and silent Tyrrisath to keep her so.

The words 'Since Krypth can't fly yet' made them both relax, Krypth visibly so as the faint tinge of color that had started to build as physical evidence of her concern faded from her multifaceted eyes. "I'm afraid not, S'kef," Jada said at last, hand stroking over one of the golden headknobs. "I was a Harper. Unfortunately, after childhood my hobbies turned to less physical and more mental."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef smiled. "Tyrrisath is a piece of work himself, though I expect Krypth will be a good deal larger than even he is," he commented. He was quite skilled at small talk, especially when talking with someone he didn't hate. Jada seemed sweet, and her innocence was pleasing. Were she not a goldrider, he'd have considered closing in on that innocence; his strict code of honor concerning the dragon colors kept his ambitions away.

Tyrrisath looked to Krypth and let out a low rumble. It was a husky sound, but friendly. The pair suddenly paused when they realized the goldpair was trying to earn their allegiance in their little debate.

S'kef and his dragon came to a silent agreement. "She's just trying to take the best care of you possible, Krypth," he said with deceptive smoothness. Tyrrisath agreed with a rumble, but didn't add any verbal reply...at least not to them.

Krypth is going to scare all the game away

I know that. Go catch something for us

Tyrrisath produced an audible grunt before rising to his hind legs. S'kef had already gathered the weapons from Tyrrisath's side bags; two bows, two long spears, some arrows, and a couple small knives. S'kef hadn't exactly expected Krypth, but it never hurt to be prepared.

"That's fine. I can teach you everything you need to know," S'kef said. The idea was oddly appealing to him. As a brownrider, he rarely had the opportunity to guide a future leader. The bronze and gold weyrlings were usually tutored by  their own colors. Becoming a role model for Jada, even if only in this small area? The very notion made his pride swell.

Teach her well. I shall return Tyrrisath said. He crooned a farewell to Krypth (for she was quite charming, though too headstrong to dislodge his interest in Rilaleeyth) and took off. He disappeared over the trees within a matter of seconds, leaving S'kef alone with the goldpair.

S'kef turned to Jada and motioned for her to pick up her weapons. "We'll hike out a bit and I'll get you to shooting then, how does that sound?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He had such a pleasant smile, Jada mused, reaching out without even thinking to stroke over a conveniently-placed velvet nose. So which S'kef was the real one? The one who seemed to be enjoying himself so, when he was ordered to lash B'jin? Or the calm man in front of her now? Could they be two facets of one creature? Or was he just being on his best behavior in order to try and impress them? If so, he was probably wasting his good behavior- Krypth's opinion on Tyrrisath was already formed, and it was that he was just a lovely creature.

Jada was a little more cynical in this it seemed.

Well, both girls could agree on one thing: These men certainly weren't going to take any sides in their disagreement! Disgruntled, Krypth pulled her long neck in, sulky, making Jada's hand chase her down in order to stroke over her hide. The gold dragon couldn't restrain a croon of pleasure, soft and low, and then she nuzzled into her Bonded, eyes whirling. It was enough for her to reply to Tyrrisath's rumble with one of her own, far belated. Jada's lips twitched, and she rewarded the weyrling dragon with a scratch to her wing joints, smooth and buttery soft. I know she's trying to, but that's a little backwards, isn't it? I'm much bigger than she is! And to Krypth, that obviously meant something.

Who knew what?

"I appreciate your willingness." Jada said, stepping in as she felt Krypth give another rumble under her hand. "Patience is something I'm encountering a lack of, as of late."

It isn't my fault you are clumsy. Where is Tyrrisath going? The gold stretched out her wings, aching to fling herself after him. The skies would be lovely, she knew it! And soon, she would be able to join him. for now, though, she was stuck here, with her Bonded wobbling like a gosling over to her weapon and then towards the brownrider. I will hide, and Jada will hunt me. Not with the bows, of course, but it will be good, don't you think? She can learn how to spot things in the trees. (The dragonet found this idea fabulously clever.)

"I need to learn to shoot things too."

I can flush them out for you. I know how to do that!

"Lets let S'kef lead this little excursion, shall we?"

Spoilsport!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"We can't hunt you, Krypth," S'kef pointed out. As annoyed at he as by the dragonling's presence, he still managed to keep quiet about it. Krypth was obviously a very forward little lady and wanted to be involved in everything...even if her involvement would ruin whatever she was trying to be involved with. It might have been endearing to many people, but S'kef liked to get things done. Anything that slowed things down, he didn't care for.

He reminded himself that Krypth was still young. Everyone had obviously been impatient with her, so against his nature, S'kef decided to be the one person who would be patient. He glanced at the dragonling as he stated off into the trees. "We don't have any fake weapons, so we'd wind up urting you. Besides, your bright hdie is unlike anything else we might encounter out here...So it wouldn't be very much like real hunting at all."

Give her another task to keep her occupied Tyrrisath suggested. He imagined that anything that made the young gold feel important would be enough to quell her enthusiasm. S'kef hadn't thought of that, so he gladly accepted the suggestion.

"But you could stand watch for us," S'kef suggested. He winked at Jada. "There are a lot of dangerous creatures out there, and you're big and strong...you'll be able to keep us safe while we practice. With Tyrrisath gone, we'll need you."

Ugh, it was like talking to a child. Tyrrisath had never been like that, was he?

Not really

S'kef chuckled aloud. "All right then..." he said. He cleared the path ahead for Jada, holding limbs and brambles out of the way. She'd displayed enough toughness at the hatching that he didn't doubt she could handle it, but well, she was a goldrider. Let the whores who rode mens' dragons deal with the brambles, goldrider were ladies and deserved to be treated as such.

"How's your arm, Jada? I'm thinking a bow would be best for you, but they're awfully hard to pull back. Less cumbersome than a spear, though." By now, they'd put a good amount of distance between themselves and Katila. It was so quiet.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I don't see why you- the Gold started to interrupt the brownrider, rudely, until a wave of displeasure washed over her from her Bonded. It was a surprise, because Jada was never so firm in her emotion. She paused, still, watching the girl. Had Jada been paying attention in class, finally? Wonderful! Oh, right, Krypth was going to tell S'kef just what she thought of... I am huntable. And it isn't-

Stop. Jada's brow furrowed visibly as she concentrated on actually telling her dragon to do something instead of squawking at the Gold like an ineffectual wherry. The dragon balked, staring at her Bonded and then drawing back sulkily, glaring at the dragonrider accusingly. This was all his fault, in the end. Jada never bossed her around like this- it was part of why Krypth loved her so. And it was because of that love that the gold would forgive her, just this once. But only this once! Shards.

The Harper breathed a sigh as the Gold cut off whatever it was she had been planning on telling the Dragobnrider, more than a little surprised it had worked. Krypth usually pranced on her merry little way regardless of Jada's personal wishes, so it was refreshing that she was going to play nice for once. It was more than a little disheartening that among all the Weyrlings in her class, Jada felt like the only one whose dragon never simply obeyed. She watched Krypth pull back in a sulk, then shove her nose against Jada's waist, like a canine. It made the human stagger, tripping after the brownrider.

I could stand watch. Krypth was very big. Much bigger than her clutchmates, for now, and even bigger than some of those full-grown green-hided hussies. And she was so strong! You are exceedingly clever... she told S'kef finally. You teach my Jada well, and I will keep you safe. By the next time we hunt again, I will hopefully be able to go with Tyrrisath, and we can both protect you from above.

With that decided, Krypth pushed into the bushes, leaving the other Rider to teach her Jada. Krypth would scout on ahead, just a little... but not too far. What if they needed her?!

"You handled that neatly." Jada commented, stepping into the path that the Rider so patiently cleared for her. She could hear the dragonet crashing on ahead, and breathed out. "She's so hard to handle sometimes." It was, she had been told, her own fault. But she'd get better with practice. So far, practice was not making perfect. Not even proficient. Faranth! Practice was barely making lucky! "My arm is doing alright. It's been about 5 months since my... well, sometimes it is still hard to curl my hands all the way shut. Maybe a bow would help make it a little stronger?"

She was hesitant to ask, but if a bow would help her regain some manual dexterity... maybe that would be a good idea! Hunting would be useful for the Weyr, and therapeutic all at once.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef hadn't even thought about her injury. He was just worried about her general strength! The girl brought up a good point, though. Clearly the bow truly was the superior option in this case.

"That's good. It may be a bit much for you to pull back at first, but I guess that just means it will be good for you," he commented. "It's a good way to build up strength in your arms." He pushed his way through a last bit of brambles before emerging into a field. He'd used it for target practice and general venting before. He figured it would be as good a place as any to start the lessons.

"All right," the brownrider said as he set his weapons down. He pulled out his bow and nodded to Jada, who he assumed was doing the same. "So, you've never shot before, am I right?" He cut his eyes left and right, searching for a perfect target.

He pointed to a fat tree nestled in the treeline. It was round and fairly free of limbs, making it a good first target. He aligned himself beside Jada and lifted his bow, showing her the proper way to grip and pull an arrow into position.

"Give it a try and tell me how it feels," he said. "Don't let it go yet, though."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She stumbled through the bushes as S'kef danced around her, holding the worst of it out of her way. She could hear crashing through the underbrush and winced- even someone who had never hunted before could guess that there would be no luck with her spoiled little queen so close by. "She'd be chasing away all the prey, wouldn't she? If we were actually hunting, and not just practicing?" She kept her voice low, embarrassed. "I'm very sorry. I'll try and do better towards keeping her back if we have another lesson in the future." To be honest, Jada just hadn't understood quite how... bumbling? Krypth was.

"I do need to build up the strength in my arms." Jada's voice rose and she tilted her chin up a bit, tamping down her embarrassment. That would do her no good here- she needed to be learning, not wriggling like a naughty child. "I try and play with the instruments when I can, but my manual dexterity is down from what it was." as a Harper, it made her feel useless to be unable to practice her craft. And her handwriting, so prim and neat, was little better than wherry scratch by this point, she was sure. If she could manage to wrap her hands completely around a utensil, she would have to start practicing.

If she'd known the price she would pay for her pride, would she have restrained herself? She had thought she was being a good, strong person by rejecting the Healers. Better to leave them to people who needed them... and look at the mess that she had forced herself into. Jada grunted in disgust as she followed S'kef into an open field. Already it was hot, and her hair clung to her neck, her top dampening with sweat. In the North, just a turn before- had it already been a turn? Late Spring, 230... close enough!- she would be seated under the thick branches of a tree at Ruatha. She would be surrounded by her children, enjoying the breezes.

Mimicking her teacher, Jada dropped her weapons, pulling the bow off her back with unsteady hands. Shards! "You're correct, S'kef." She didn't really feel the need to elaborate with S'kef. If she did, it would simply be babbling, and while he was humoring her, she didn't want to take advantage of it. Who knew how long a good mood could last in this blasted weather?

She was going to get freckles!

Amber eyes gazed in the direction that S'kef pointed, and she nodded acknowledgment of the agreed-upon target. As he stood nest to her, she tried to align herself to his body, feeling her hair knock into his person with how closely she stood. It was a good guidemark- her original idea of his posture being far off. As the considerably taller figure lifted his bow she mimicked him, feeling her brow scrunch. She dropped her arrow, the wooden shaft falling from already-tired hands. She cursed under her breath, bending to lift it, lips thinning as she forced her hands to correct the position.

"It feels complicated." her teeth were gritted and the words felt ground out. Complicated was good. Her lips trembled, and she finally stood in position, holding back the arrow. It felt like effort- and it felt like-

Her hands trembled and the arrow fell. The bowstring snapped forward against her arm, and Jada growled. (A habit she would blame on Krypth.)

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Well, S'kef wasn't one to lie for someone else's benefit. "I'm afraid so," he said, matter of fact though not necessarily cross. "It's just as well, if you need practice shooting. By the time you've practiced enough to consistently make good shots, she'll probably be able to fly, so this won't be a problem again."

Ugh, that came out wrong. He glowered a moment, then decided to go ahead and laugh at himself. He actually had a deceptively nice smile, though he rarely showed it to anyone but Jai.

"...That came out wrong, Miss Jada. I'm not insulting you, I'm just being honest. I don't doubt that you can do it, but it takes a young man with a strong arm considerable practice to make  consistent, good shots. With your injury, it will take some time." He wouldn't apologize for telling the truth, but he did give her a reassuring nod. In his mind, a young lady in her position had no business hunting. Miss Jada needed to be doing more important things. But, it looked like it would help her recover from her injury, and that was reason enough.

He watched as she lined up her shot. A flicker of a smile reappeared as it looked like she was going t-....no, nevermind.

The brownrider bit his lip. "Nice try," he said, watching as she growled. He bent down to pick up the arrow for her. He graciously returned it. "Not bad, Miss Jada. Most have a hard time even pulling the string back the first time."  He dropped his own weapon to help her line up her shot. "Now, give it another shot. Hold it with just these fingers if you can, and exhale right before firing...hold it steady, there you go."

"Now let it fly."

He demonstrated, quickly drawing his bow back and taking a shot. Shards, it didn't hit the tree dead center! It was a few inches to the right. The brownrider shrugged.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)