World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 744.12.13 | An Exchange of Interests
afternoon

I'serin
of Bronze Aluneth

Date of Birth
Height
5'11
Eyes
hazel
Build
wiry
Hair
dark reddish brown

Threads

Written By: halyonix
Ferrier duty was quite often the domain of the chromatic dragons and weyrlings. The metallics tended to be far too involved in the day-to-day management of the Weyrs to be diverted away for such things but today, I'serin had volunteered for it mostly because he wanted a change of scenery. The snows had settled across the High Reaches, blanketing peaks and valleys in varying shades of white. After a few weeks, the beauty of such pristine and silence stirred an unsettling primal thought that spring would never return, which was irrational, he knew, but one's brain did not always make rational thoughts.

That feeling rapidly fled the moment Aluneth appeared high over Igen Weyr. Exhaling a small sigh of relief as they were greeted with greens and browns, I'serin gave Aluneth the command to circle in a wide pattern, taking their time. What do we know of Nonalia and her Laniath? he asked of his dragon.

Aside from their rank? Nothing personal. However, that could be...amended. There was an intriguing purr to Aluneth's voice, to which I'serin raised an eyebrow.

Sire a clutch and now you hunger for another? he teased. He felt Aluneth's snort under his legs and laughed. Privately though, I'serin was glad that Aluneth was showing interest at all. I'serin himself was plenty reserved when it came to romance and had worried that his preferences would inhibit his dragon, which did Pern itself no good since bronzes were needed to provide a strong genetic diversity.

Let us hope then that she enjoys books, he said to Aluneth as the dragon angled in for a landing. He shot a glance at the books, maps, and other reading material strapped to Aluneth's flanks -- one last check to make sure their cargo wouldn't come unbound upon landing -- and then looked down at the ledge as Aluneth fanned his wings to touch down.

PA - First Post!

Nonalia
of Gold Laniath

Date of Birth
01.02.718, 26
Height
5'8
Eyes
Green
Build
trim
Hair
Red, long

Threads

Written By: Skyguy
I'm growing tired of dealing with bronzes. The gold murmured softly to her rider, warming herself out on the ledge as she usually did. The posturing gets awfully tiresome.

Nonalia had agreed to help sort a shipment for the headwoman, mostly a variety of books and reading materials, so she could have them sent where they needed to go. For the trouble, of course, she'd put a few things in for Lia; a new leatherbound notebook and a book she thought the Junior Weyrwoman would like. To the young rider, it felt like a fair enough trade. Her notebook was nearing filled as it was, and when the weather warmed, she knew she would want more to do that wouldn't have her burning out in the heat.

Well, we have to play host, this time. If you need to tell Tiberuth or Xyxyth or any of the others off, go for it, but at least try to be cordial to the visiting dragons. The gold grumbled, but didn't respond. Neither of the leader dragons were the issue... not as often as the visiting bronzes. At least try... for me.

As the visiting pair from High Reaches appeared at the stones from Between, Laniath moved from her ledge to accommodate the other dragon, moving instead to curl up on her sofa out of the way. Her wary eyes kept a close watch on Aluneth as he touched down. "Welcome to Igen. Enjoy the warmth while you can, the snow in the mountains is definitely not something I miss."

PA - First Post!

I'serin
of Bronze Aluneth

Date of Birth
Height
5'11
Eyes
hazel
Build
wiry
Hair
dark reddish brown

Threads

"I'serin," the bronzerider said with a deep, respectful bow. It was something he had practiced enough to be graceful at it, making it look like a regular part of his mannerisms with his ease of motion, rather than the awkward act most others did. He let Aluneth introduce himself to Laniath. "Our gratitude for the welcome," I'serin went on to say, "and the warmth. High Reaches is far too chilly this time of the season."

Introductions complete, I'serin reached up to release the buckles on the straps holding the books. "I'll not take up a terrible amount of your time," he said, "as I am sure you busy with Weyr business." He opened one of the sacks for her to see the contents. "The latest from the harpers of the north. Tales, maps, songs...plus some empty notebooks and parchments to be filled later by whoever needs it." He let her take that sack if she wanted while he hefted the other one across one shoulder. "If you will direct me as to where to leave them..."

While they deposited the satchels, I'serin brought the conversation back to something he had previously noted her saying. "The snow, you mentioned. Were you from the north? Where?" he asked.

Aluneth, in the meanwhile, had settled into a couchant position, his neck arched and his eyes on Laniath resting. Like his rider, he disliked small talk and yet, the dragon had to start somewhere with conversation. Do you like reading as well? he asked the gold.

PA - First Post!

Nonalia
of Gold Laniath

Date of Birth
01.02.718, 26
Height
5'8
Eyes
Green
Build
trim
Hair
Red, long

Threads

Written By: Skyguy
The rider was, at least, respectful. He wasn't cocky, or immediately trying to chat her up, and that was at least something. She didn't know what to expect from visiting riders, especially bronzes, and Nonalia couldn't say she didn't hesitate warily whenever they had visitors. It was always nice when they began with pleasantries rather than trying to flirt with her just because she was the junior Weyrwoman. Laniath huffed a greeting at the bronze, her tone pleasent even if there was a hint of orange at the edges of her eyes. She watched the bronze carefully, even if her rider was much more open to discussion.

"Oh, honestly? Lassalla likes to take on a more hands-on approach, so most of my duties are spent helping the Headwoman or checking in with the rest of the weyr." This weyr, as of yet, was much more relaxed than even Ista had been. Then again, the unbearable heat during some of the other months bad it difficult to do much when the days were at their longest. She does pluck one of the nicer notebooks out of the pack once it's opened, then shows him to her desk. "I'll be sorting them out for intended recipients later, if you'd like to just set them here." She flips through the empty pages, enjoying the scent of paper, before putting the book into a drawer.

"Ah, Katila, actually. I stayed in Telgar for a while, before I moved with my father to Ista, but every time another weyr had a gold egg, he asked me to stand 'just in case'. A handful of winters was more than enough for me."

And what good did it do you? I was hatched in Ista, not Fort, or Telgar, or High Reaches. We met where we were destined to. The gold hummed softly, her voice as gentle as it was so often to the woman. Even frustrated, she struggled to turn her burning temper to her rider.

Other dragons, however, didn't have it quite so lucky. Cordial as she could be, this gold was just a handful of sevendays from rising, and even if her hide wasn't yet showing it, her sharper temper might be. I like puzzles, and riddles, and listening to harpersong. Lia is the one among us who enjoys to read. Her words are short, answering a question rather than expanding on her interests.

PA - First Post!

I'serin
of Bronze Aluneth

Date of Birth
Height
5'11
Eyes
hazel
Build
wiry
Hair
dark reddish brown

Threads

He did not miss her moment of enjoying the sensuality of a book. Was there a kindred spirit there perhaps, two people who appreciated the beauty of book craft and the knowledge, the tales written within? I'serin tucked that curiosity into the back of his mind as he set the rest of the books down.

Her recounting of her history caught his attention more. Katila? Telgar? "We must have just missed each other!" he said suddenly. Then, with more composure, he elaborated. "I was born at Katila as well. My father is Tirenth's rider, A'len. My brother is Immanith's rider, A'soren. My mother was one of the Healers at the Weyr. I was born during the plague." He paused, letting that set in. Indeed, I'serin's history was riddled with tragedies, much like many of the dragonriders older than thirty. Surely, Nonalia's own history did not escape some of that. "Aluneth and I went to Telgar when it opened. Our paths must have just missed crossing," he said.

Or had they? Was I'serin incorrect in assuming the goldrider was younger than he thought? He began going through all of the faces from Katila and Telgar, trying to remember if he had seen her. He must have. There were that many dragonriders on Pern.

Meanwhile, Aluneth was still attempting to hook Laniath in with interesting conversation. Puzzles? Ah, puzzles can be...fun. That last word came laden with pretentious sarcasm. Aluneth found puzzles boring, childish. Riddles more so. My rider would be able to regale you with those, if you would like. He remembers such things. I myself prefer learning the origin of words. Fascinating things, words, with such history to them. And none of them Pernese history!

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)