World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 744.01.28 | The Dream Home
4pm | Z'kel

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah held Z'kel's hand in hers and swung their arms in an overly dramatic gesture as she led them to what would be their weyr. She was beyond nervous, but hoped the smiling and chipper retelling of a story from when she was nine back in Katila would mask it. So much could go wrong as soon as she opened the door they were nearing far too quickly. Her biggest fear was, what if her Tazicurls changed his mind or stated he had only been joking and had no intention of living together? Not that she truly believed he would ever be that cruel to her, but old fears were hard to let go of.

The entire month had seen her being plagued by her two biggest fears at war with one another. She had wanted to ask Z'kel to live with her but couldn't get the words out; too afraid to let him in more than she already had but also afraid he would break her heart by turning down the offer. She loved what they had and didn't want to see it end because of a misstep. Z'kel had made multiple comments since the day he had viewed his options but Mylorah hadn't taken any of them seriously. He was just being a spoiled lordling expressing his displeasure and certainly not hinting at anything more. But, finally a comment was made that even she couldn't wave off and in a moment of weakness, the words were blurted out.

Would you like to live with me?

The relief on Z'kel's face had made her laugh and Mylorah had taken to hiding her fears and nerves from that moment by pointing out he just wanted the private bath. It was easy to treat it as one of their silly stories where they pretend to run away together and blow off all responsibilities. But now, it was all about to become real as they reached the door. Hurry up! I've kept Seravath on the ledge too long as it is. I want to show her our new home. Mylorah gave a light chuckle and shake of her head. "Amagrith doesn't like that I'm making her look bad as a hostess by taking so long. So I guess, without further ado..." Mylorah let go of Z'kel's hand and opened the door to make their living arrangements a reality.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
As Mylorah led him to her—soon to be their—new weyr, Z’kel felt simultaneously wracked with nerves and filled with elation. He was going to get to live with Mylorah! Even a few months ago the idea had been a far off daydream of what-ifs, and now he was giddy with the very present now where he was going to see what would be their shared home by the end of the next month. Honestly, it was a good thing Mylorah was swinging their linked hands because Z’kel didn’t know what he would do with all the energy buzzing through him otherwise. Skipping down the hall would be a tad undignified, and Z’kel still had his pride.

He had to restrain himself from dashing inside as soon as the door was open, instead turning to Mylo and, with a courtly boy, gestured through the door. “After you, my lady.” As soon as she was through Z’kel followed, eyes roving the new space in excitement.

“This is actually enough space for people to live in,” he said, doing an almost sedate spin in the center of the main room. “I’m positive she was doing it on purpose, but some of the single greenrider weyrs V’ra showed me were hardly better than glorified closets with a dragon ledge. Oh, speaking of—” Z’kel trailed off and moved towards what he assumed was the entrance to the dragon section of the weyr. Through the door he found Seravath and Amagrith, the former of whom was trotting around and poking her nose in every corner.

“This space is massive,” Z’kel said as Seravath came over to greet him and Mylorah. “Much better than those little closets, right Sera?”

Amagrith and I could both have friends over at the same time, Seravath said, bobbing her head in a semblance of a nod. Observation given, she went back to exploring the weyr. Z’kel laughed and turned back to Mylorah.

“All right, what’s next? The coveted private bath, or—” Z’kel cut that thought off, suddenly worried. There were bedrooms in the Junior Weyrwoman weyr, weren’t there? Plural, as in, they could each have their own room. Z’kel wasn’t sure he wanted his own bedroom, but he was already encroaching so much on Mylorah’s space, and he knew she liked her freedom. He’d kind of unconsciously assumed they’d share a bedroom, but now that he was here Z’kel was second guessing that assumption. She’d invited him to live with her, sure, after some not very subtle hints he would be interested in that, but that didn’t mean she wanted to share a bed with him all the time. Plenty of lord’s wives had their own bedrooms, or even a second bed in the master bedroom. And it was, officially, Mylorah’s weyr, and if she wanted her own bedroom, she would get her own bedroom. Even if it was technically his weyr, Z’kel would give Mylo her own bedroom if she wanted one.

Agh, this living with people thing was so complicated. Hold life could be restrictive, sure, but Z’kel was realizing sometimes it could be nice to have what you were supposed to do laid out nicely for you.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

With a smile, Mylorah twirled her way into the weyr, utterly charmed and smitten with Tazikel as if it was their first meeting all over again. She didn't love everything about life in a Hold and found most of their actions to be overly dramatic and unnecessary, but she couldn't deny how much she did love the little flourishes her knight did for her. She also couldn't deny how relieved she was at seeing his excitement over the space. At least one of them liked the massive weyr.

Still, Mylorah continued to smile as she watched the greenrider take in the main room before getting distracted and flitting off to see the dragons. She didn't follow, but Amagrith's pleasure leaked through their bond so she knew Seravath was so far impressed with what would be her new home. Good. Mylorah didn't want to upset the adorable green and had worried that Seravath would demand her own weyr and ledge after seeing what was on offer here. It would have crushed her, but Mylorah also would have encouraged Z'kel to make sure his dragon was happy before helping to pick out one of the little closet-sized weyrs for the pair.

She was about to reach for Tazikel's hand when he returned but frowned when his sentence cut off. Mylorah quickly glanced at the door to see if someone else had come in, maybe S'far checking up on her again, but no one was there. He had mentioned the bath, and they could see the kitchen that would get very little use between the two of them from where they stood, so that left... the bedrooms. Oh no. She had assumed they would share a room but what if this was some weird Holder thing? Some of the ladies had bored her to death at parties, but they also gave her insight into what they could look forward to--like still having their own bedrooms that their husband might visit on occasion. She always slept beside Tazikel, though! It didn't matter if they were at Ista Weyr or Tillek Hold. Surely that wouldn't change now?

She needed to buy a little more time to figure this out, so the large smile was put back in place as she confessed something that actually made her more annoyed with the weyr, "there's actually two private baths." That little detail had slipped her mind when she first told Z'kel and L'ri about her future home, mostly because she hated it and was slightly embarrassed by it. Now, she used it as a selling feature as she took Tazikel's hand again and brought him to the first one that was closest to the kitchen and two other rooms that could house beds.

Screw it, Mylorah decided as they turned toward one of those rooms. Tazikel had been desperately trying to get her to ask him to move in and their past was full of staying in the same bed. She was making the decision then and there that it wouldn't change now. Her weyr, her rules! Or something like that. "And this is a spare room, and this is another spare room. Maybe we can have friends stay over, but don't tell Yfris about all the space unless you actually want him to host one of his parties here."

Then, without giving him much time to dwell on what wasn't said, Mylorah dragged Z'kel across the open space to the larger bedroom that still housed Lasalla's old bed and not much else. "This is our room. It has a fireplace that's shared with the living room side, and we could probably fit a sitting area on this side as well if you want, and the second bath!" She pointed to the opening to the next room, the enthusiasm lingering a little longer before the fear took over again and Mylorah softly asked, "do you like it?"

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
The idea of two private baths after months of communal bathing was almost enough to make Z’kel swoon, but he maintained his composure. The chances that anyone would interrupt his bathtime with two private baths were so low, and if someone did it would almost certainly be Mylorah, and she was allowed.

“If Yfris asks we have two storage closets that I’ve filled with stuff, got it,” Z’kel said with a slight laugh, though he still felt as if he was holding his breath a little as they passed the doors to the two spare rooms and into a decent sized room with a decent sized bed. He was momentarily distracted by trying to examine the make of the bed frame, but then his mind fully caught up with what Mylorah was saying.

Their room.

“It’s great,” Z’kel said, wrapping his arm around Mylo’s side and tugging her against his side a little. “Absolutely perfect.” He did mean the room, but also that she wanted to share it with him, that she’d chosen to let him move in here.

“You know, it’s really making me want to be able to go Between already.” Z’kel rested his cheek against the top of her head. “I have a bunch of furniture and things in Tillek we could decorate with. Maybe I can ask Theri to pack some up for me and send them with someone else, but I’ll need to go through it all myself at some point…”

He trailed off, considering the bed again.

“Is this your bed, or did it come with the place? And do you like it, or do you want a bigger one?”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah nestled into the familiar and comforting hold of her lordling and let out the breath she had been holding. He liked it! No complaints and no demands for his own room and bed. Finally, she smiled with an easy happiness as she twisted in his gentle hold to cling to him properly and take a moment to decide living together wasn't something she had to fear and it wouldn't hurt either of them. Even L'ri had lightly chided her when she confessed her unease--which had caused greater panic at saying such things to her Holdbred lover. But the Master Harper always seemed to think Z'kel was a good companion for her since he couldn't be there all the time; not with a wife and a child that also needed him. But did either man realise what it really meant? Had she even truly let the fact sink in?

Mylorah worried her lower lip as she thought of how to bring it up before Z'kel was off in his decorating world. She laughed and then groaned as restricting dresses popped into her head. Theri had threatened--offered, really, but it was read as a thread--to pack up the dresses that Tazikel kept at the Hold for her visits that involved fancy gatherings. She had tried to pawn them off on the Lady but Theri pointed out Mylorah's new station and how she would likely need proper outfits for meeting with Holders. The woman was too clever and good at the political game.

"You know Taith will volunteer Kor'is to help move whatever you need," Mylorah grinned at the thought. Kor'is would be less than thrilled to play servant to Tazikel, but they would make it up to the bluerider, especially since T'ryn was already too busy with his job and family to ask more of him. "Maybe even R'nd and B'jin will help out if I ask them." She didn't ask much of them so she was willing to bet her dad would jump at the chance to be useful.

"The bed was already here. I assumed Lasalla left it behind but maybe S'far or Mulrissa already had it placed here?" Mylorah shrugged with uncertainty that carried over to the following question. "I'll leave the decorating to you, my capable and stylish knight, but maybe..." she trailed off and glanced up at Z'kel, her wickedness a glint in her eyes. "Maybe larger if you want to have our grumpy bluerider over... or anyone else we may want to entertain." Her Tazicurls was already open and adventurous but now that they would have their own home in a Weyr, Mylorah hoped to see that continue without any hesitation or fears.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)