World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Nothing quite as sweet... [open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Jazz had spent the past sevenday in bed, weaving from utterly exhausted to violently ill in moments. With her extra sleep requirement, she ended up missing a lot of her chores and eventually snapped at one of the other candidates that she believed herself to be with child. Although she had not gotten it confirmed by another healer, she knew the signs well enough herself. After all she wasn't a Journeyman healer for nothing! Finally she had annoyed enough to pay a trip to the healing hall, a place she had avoided as she prefered to work out on the field. Her leg now out of the bandages, although she moved with a slight limp she was pretty certain that it would disappear as she rebuilt the muscle.

Settling herself on the bed, she glared at the other healers who glanced curiously at her on their rounds.

"Quit staring and get one of the senior Healers. Lym... or Tailan. I don't care who. Move." Jazz barked orders at one of the younger healers who had yet to gain knots and sent the young child scurrying down the hall in search of either person. Her stomach twisted, causing her blanch and dry heave, snapping her fingers to another healer to bring her bucket. With a few unsuccessful heaves, she then finally managed to bring up a thick lumpy substance she knew to be a fair sized chunk of stomach lining. But then again, that was hardly surprising. She had sent most of her time avoiding the dining hall, only eating ginger root and drinking water as everything else made her ill. placing the bucket by the bed, she settled back, barely muffling a yawn as she stretched out. Her trousers already feeling smug pretty meant it wouldn't be long before she have to find something slightly bigger to wear and with a loud sigh, she let her eyes drift shut. Perhaps a little doze would at least help with the sickness a little.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
"You shouldn't speak to people like that, you know." The child's snide voice entered the room long before the girl herself, light blue eyes bright with distaste as she gave the woman lying on the bed a disgruntled glare. The young girl brushed her hands over her hips as she stood in the doorway, dressed almost neatly in a pair of faded cotton pants, though the left knee had been worn through, skin visible through the threadbare section. A simple sleeveless shirt hung over sized on her thin frame, though Indivara seemed completely oblivious to the tacky example she set for Katilan Weyrbred. She never had, and likely never would, give two hoots about what she was wearing. How much of that stemmed from the very ability it gave to piss off Kerrin was unknown, but likely a solid foundation.

The girl watched with disinterest as Jazira coughed up something delightful looking, and Indivara's eyebrows arched a little up her forehead, causing the scarring (which was why she was in the Healing Hall) to twist in an unflattering manner across her features. The  lines, where the claws of the bronze hatchling had just missed taking out her eye shifted as she crinkled her nose in distaste. "Lovely," disgust soaked every syllable of the single word. Licking her lips, Indivara slipped neatly into the room and took a seat on the spare bed, still glaring at Jazira in disgust. She had no idea what was wrong with the woman, but was betting it was something not-contagious (she liked to think a Journeywoman would know enough to quarantine herself if she were) but perhaps it might be deadly. Indivara's lips twisted into a devious if tiny smirk.

"What's wrong with you?" Her tone indicated that Indivara actually didn't give two wherries what was wrong with the older girl. Rather, she was simply making small talk to fill the silence. Glaring was fun and all, but sometimes it became tiresome. And Indivara's face was itching, and some of the scars were tight. It made her irritable and snappy. Which wasn't all that unusual, when one thought about it.

[sup]Not Indivara's most amazing entrance. But these two should be entertaining together :D[/sup]

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"And you should learn your place, brat." Jazz snapped, barely come around from the light doze and focusing an annoyed glare on the child. Just as she moved to toss the thought of her aside, she turned back towards her, an eyebrow rising as she looked over the scarring. Sitting up slowly, she swung her legs and leaned in close, ignoring the fact Indivara may not like having someone so close. Her hand moved and her fingers gently pressed expertly along the lines of the scarring, testing the skin as she did so before she moved away grumbling about idiot healers as she moved onto her feet. She headed over to the counter and started to rumage through the many containers of vials and lotions before pausing.

"Does it itch or burn? Do you have sensitive skin?" Jazz asked softly, tone having changed from her usual snappy, short tempered one to a more business like tone before she picked up two good sized jars and gazed over the labels thoughtfully. 

"I believe I'm pregnant." She answered, her tone short as she cast an annoyed glance over her. "I would have a thought at least one healer would give you something to aid for the healing process. Judging by irritated it looks I'll take that as a no." She said, giving Indivara a cool look as she propped a hand on her hip as she regarded the child with more like professional curiosity than open hostility.

Figuring that Indivara had sensitive skin judging by the paleness of her skin, Jazz grabbed one of the jars she had been looking at, opened it up and smeared some of the cooling soothing lotion along the scar that stood out starkly on her cheek.

"Rub it in well. It'll help." She spoke softly although her tone was pretty authoritative. It was only a soothing moistener but a few applications would at least stop the scars looking so angry against the pale skin of her face. Washing her hands and rubbing well with redwort, she settled back on her bed and watched Indivara for a few moments.

"And what brings you here?" She asked before smirking. "Here to enjoy my 'wonderful' company or are just here to pick a fight?" She added on after a moment's thought, her lips twisted into a rather cruel but highly amused smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ooc: Oh god xD Indi and Jazz would cause so much hell as friends xD

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara slapped Jazira's hand away with a snarl, glaring indignantly at the woman as she wiped the cream off her face, and not at all into the scar tissue as she had been instructed. Instead, she lifted the hem of her shirt and used it to remove the cream, glaring with icy eyes as she lowered the fabric. "Keep your hands to yourself, filthy tart." The words were snarled, and filled with the child's trademark venom. Her lips were twitching as she scuttled back on the bed, pulling her legs up under herself and still glaring at Jazira. How dare she touch her! Filthy northern scum!

"Talian is my healer," Indivara spat, tossing her head and the mess of long, dark hair over her shoulder as she did so, looking haughtily at Jazira. "And he is ten times the healer you could even dream of being. So you can go choke." Sniffing, Indivara grimaced and wiped at her face again, removing more of the cream and shooting Jazira a filthy look as she did so. Did the woman have no bedside manners? Sweet Faranth, hadn't she heard of asking? Stupid wherry born tart. And pregnant already! Did none of these Northerner's know how to get a dragonrider to whisk them between, or were they actually willing to showcase their body in exchange for a dragon they'd been stolen to Impress in the first place?

"I'm here to see Talian." While the answer was remarkably delayed, Indivara seemed completely oblivious to that fact - or, more likely, she simply didn't care. Jazira had been deemed unworthy of any particular respect or appreciation, and as a result, Indivara cared not what the other girl thought of her. The child was secure in her lot in life. She was going to Impress bronze and rule the Weyr beside Jada. Talian was her healer and while she was making his job more difficult than it needed to be, she was also making him look damned good (only Talian could have healed a grot like her so well) and she was secure in the knowledge that she was amazing, wonderful, and loved by the people that mattered to her. What more could a pre-teen possibly want?

"Who ruined your life?" While Indivara was referring to the healer's pregnancy, she was willing to go with whatever way and information Jazira decided to have that question refer to. After all, everyone of the northern whiners like to bitch about how the Katilan's were awful, life ruining bastards. It was rather amusing, really.

[sup]Trololol. Not off to a good start, our girls XD[/sup]

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth." Jazz just started laughing, well it definately seemed the child wasn't comfortable with her own sexuality and felt the need to haul insults. Oddly enough, remindering Jazz of herself not so long ago.

"Then go and see him. Anyone tell your scar is healing too tightly and needs loosen. But if you want a spoilt brat about accepting help off someone else, then go ahead." Her comment however brought up the familiar fires of rage within her small frame and she focused that stare that promised death, destruction and would even the most noisy children into deadly silence.

"He's a master by study then not experience." Jazz sneered, oh yes she had heard of Tailan. A brilliant mind, a idiot for social stuff. "I prefer being the healer I am, at least I have no disillusions of my abilities. I know I can sow up someone's arm or leg then they get slice by fishing gear. I know I can stem the bleed of a pierced artery. I've also stood at the bed side of dying people and had tell them the truth of what is happening then pretending I can heal them. And you what, BRAT, until you can say you've done any of that, you have no right to question my abilities." She exhaled softly, releasing the grip of her bedrail which she had bent a little bit and rose up onto her feet and moved away from the child she wanted to plump into a pulp.

"Being with child doesn't mean my life is ruined." She spoke softly, her hand resting lightly on her stomach. "It just means I can have something that few people will ever understand. For a side note, the father is M'bal. That bronze rider with the silver tongue." She spoke again, this time her voice far calmer, her thumb idly brushing her stomach before it stopped. By the first egg! She was going Soft!!

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara didn't deign to answer Jazira's laughing comment, instead she just stared at her balefully. Had the girl realised the thoughts going through the young woman's mind, she would have laughed herself. Contrary to Jazira's thoughts, Indvara was completely at home with herself and who she was - except for her face. She was weyrbred, true to the marrow in her bones, and while she found nothing at all wrong with sex or all the things that went with it, she wasn't above using them as expressions of disgust or insult. Most people were insulted at being called a slut (even if they were) and so, she often utilised such an expression to her advantage.

An eyebrow arched slightly as Jazira glared at her, and a smile flickered over her lips. Indivara wasn't someone to be cowed by expressions or fists; Jazira could come at her swinging and Indivara would react with her own fists and feet. She wasn't well renown amongst her peers as being a feisty little bitch for nothing, after all. Indivara had a sharp tongue, a swift fist, and no guilt complex what so ever. She could be insufferably smug, self assured and confident that the world revolved around her, at times, but she also possessed the words and fists to make sure that many people would humour her, if only to avoid the bruising that she was liable to inflict. Indivara was a heartless little brat at times, but it got her places.

Jazira's rant was met with little more nor less than bland indifference. The child was used to people ranting and raving at her: from her teachers to D'ren himself! She wasn't sure many within the Weyr could claim that much, and probably only Kerrin was her equal in trouble making. But that was to be expected, after all. It was about time the student over took the master and rubbed his nose in everything he had taught her when she'd been a starry-eyed, snotty nosed brat.

"Things only you could dream of, lovie," Indivara said sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes at Jazira and then snorted sarcastically as the woman explained who the father was and painted her pregnancy up to be some amazing miracle. As if women weren't designed to bear children. As if D'ren hadn't practically signed the life of every woman away as a brooding herd beast for the Weyr. She eyed Jazira warily for a moment, eyes narrowed thoughtfully. "I'm never having children," she said firmly. It didn't occur to the child that the weyr would likely breathe a lot easier knowing she had no intention of becoming pregnant - ever - but all the girl could see was exactly what a pain in the arse the horrible little things were.

Only recently having graduated to be shuffled into chores instead of automatically tossed in the creche, Indivara was far too self important to be anywhere near children - and carrying one herself? She'd live between just to ensure she never got knocked up. Screw that.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)