World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.10.21 | Meant For This
10AM | Open

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
Of all the things they'd learned so far, Ch'es found this to be his favorite. Even Pardrith seemed infected by his boy's excitement as he lay still for his bonded to clamber onto his back. It was more awkward for Pardrith than for Ch'es, who had his experience with horseback riding to fall back on. But the boy did what he could to 'talk' his way through it with the dragon until they were both comfortable with his seat.

Among the most reserved of his classmates, even Ch'es couldn't keep himself from smiling today as he watched other dragon-rider pairs bumble around.

Slow and steady, Pard. There's no need for us to rush. Even as he said it, one such pair stumbled into another, sending all four sprawling on the ground with attendants rushing forward to ensure everyone made it out safely. Like that, he pointed out.

I'm not rushing, the young dragon argued. I just want to do more than stand here while you get off and on. His annoyance was clear through the bond, and Ch'es patted the dark dragon affectionately. His coat was lightening up, more rosettes becoming apparent across his hide every day and making him gleam like the other bronze dragons. Pard was no less striking for it, even if the dragon secretly mourned the loss of all the darkness that made stalking his siblings at night so easy.

You are. You're paying attention. But Ch'es took Pardrith's point and leaned forward to ensure he kept his balance. Okay, go ahead slowly.

Ch'es felt Pardrith's desire to move at any pace other than slow, but the dragon resisted the urge to give into his whims at the stern warning from his rider. Spoilsport, the dragon said aloud. Unless required to by the Weyrlingmaster, assistants, or to communicate with their classmates, Pardrith rarely spoke out loud anymore. Ever since he'd figured out how to temper his own volume, he'd taken full advantage of it and the dark bronzeling tended to save his words mostly for his rider alone. But in this case, he was perhaps whining a bit if only an assistant may overhear and join his side of things. Ch'es was cautious. Understandably so, but Pardrith knew his boy could do more if he was more willing to act recklessly. He didn't seem to have any trouble doing so away from the weyrlingmasters!

Because I don't want to get kicked out, Ch'es pointed out patiently.

You wouldn't get kicked out. Despite the dragon's multiple reassurances, it seemed a constant concern of his boy's that he'd be found lacking and sent away. While the thought of living in his little hovel again wasn't distressing, being separated from Pardrith certainly was. No matter how many times he was told that would never happen, Ch'es seemed to consider it a possibility anyway.

Astride Pardrith, Ch'es found a rhythm to his movements. Really, he didn't understand what his dragon's mother had against horses. They even moved similarly! Quickly, he cast his gaze around for Malvayth on the off-chance she was nearby and listening. He certainly didn't want to offend the golden female even if he thought she was a tad bit ridiculous for hating horses so much. These lessons weren't called 'pony rides' for no reason!

Faster now? Pard asked, already seeing others moving at more than just a sedate walk.

Relenting, Ch'es chuffed a laugh. It was all the permission Pardrith needed. The dragonet lunged forward, Ch'es's only warning the immediate intent before the action shared across their bond. The boy tightened his grip with his thighs and clung to Pardrith's neck as best he could. Though he managed not to get flung off, he did slide enough that the only thing keeping him from falling off completely was his grip on Pard.

Was that necessary? Ch'es asked with a scowl.

No. But it was fun. Come on! Up! Again!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

I'vens
of Bronze Sherekhath

Date of Birth
19.07.725, 19
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
lean and athletic
Hair
Blonde medium to shoulder length depending

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
With how many of the weyrlings were on the larger size, I'vens wasn't that surprised to find out they were having this particular lesson a little bit early for a few of them. He wasn't worried though, he'd gotten to do a lot of riding with his cousins, he knew how to handle himself in a saddle. Not that he really had a saddle now so much as just the ridges on Sher's back to settle between.

The dragon had lost some of the green tones in his hide so far, but otherwise wasn't having that drastic of a change. Sherekhath was still the most handsome of the entire clutch as far as Vensy was concerned. Of course I am. Now are you settled in or not? He was eyeing his darker brother, since Oncaeth was just casually strolling around while his rider lounged lazily along his back as if they were both born to that particular activity.

Pardrith though... with how they were getting along he figured he could have some fun there. His tail twitched as he stayed crouched, legs bunched neatly under him, muscles tense as he waited for I'vens to settle down. Yeah, yeah, I'm settled. The shift of weight on his back didn't make him so sure about that, but if his rider insisted he was settled then he would believe him. The bronze waited until he saw Pardrith stop with his rider dangling before he sprang, suddenly sprinting up to tag his tail.

I'vens cursed softly at the lurch, barely managing to keep his seat as they came to a halt. Someone, maybe the Weyrlingmaster or probably more likely an assistant, was scolding them and reminding them to slow down and take their time and he nodded Sherekhath made a show of apologizing, but not before smugly giving Pardrith a look. My rider stayed sitting.

With a roll of his eyes I'vens said aloud, "Oh hush you." He wasn't sure he actually cared about the mute, but they'd both been poisoned, and had spent some time together there and his uncle assumed they were friends so he might as well try to get to know him a bit better. "How are you doing Ch'es? You look like you've ridden at least some before. Though," he paused as he watched L'ri get scolded for not taking the lesson seriously while he seemed to be trying to nap on his dragon, "Maybe we haven't ridden as much as the old guy..."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)