World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.10.01 | Cuddle Bug
2pm | the bowl | open

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"Hey careful. Are you okay?" Or'fus quickly moved to brace himself against the green's side as he felt the sudden surge of dizziness and a bit of a headache. The little speckled green paused to chirp up at him happily as she leaned against him. I'm fine! Eurydith's voice was a soft and cheerful tune as she spoke and Or'fus couldn't help but smile. "I just worry about you. I know you get headaches and such."

They were out playing in the bowl right now, enjoying a bit of sun and fresh air. A good portion of the weyrling class were napping, some outside, some in the barracks, but a few like Eurydith had wanted to just run around and play and frolic. She still wasn't allowed to rough house for the moment or do anything too strenuous, but the little green was content to just wander around and look at everything, especially the eagle that sored overhead for the moment.

Or'fus followed her gaze up and chuckled. "You really like Celeste huh?" She's so high! "One day you will be too, Eurydith. Do you want to keep walking around or do you want to take a rest?" Eurydith puffed up a little. I want to see Celeste! Or'fus frowned for a moment at that, squinting up at the bird before looking back down at his little green. "She won't want to cuddle you." That's fine, you can cuddle me while she sits. O'rfus smiled. "Maybe some other time when there aren't so many dragons around? I worry about one of your siblings spooking her."

Eurydith considered for a moment as she sat down on his foot, still leaning against him with her lean frame. Maybe I want to make a new friend and cuddle them instead then if I can't see Celeste. O'rfus tilted his head as he considered that and looked around to see if he could spot anyone who would potentially indulge her. "Uh, maybe... let me see if I can find anyone for you okay?"

While she waited patiently he took a look around to try and find someone "new" for her to meet so he could flag them down and explain the situation a bit. If he couldn't find a proper stranger he'd just ask the weyrlingmaster or the assistants if they could recommend someone, or even just see if a fellow weyrling was willing to try and pitch themselves as a stranger.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Orgailian was currently enjoying a needed day off from helping in Igen Weyr. He was put on sweeping and shovelling debris duty the day before and his arms still ached from it all. When he had whined to a healer he was friends with, the bastard had laughed and said it would help get some of his lost muscle mass back on him. At least he didn't tell him to eat more this time so the urge to punch a man was contained.

He had managed to sleep in as much as an energetic brother would let him before spending the rest of the morning and through lunch out on the plateau writing and catching a nap in the sun. The goal would have been to stay out there until dinner but his hunger had actually started to get to him and Orgailian packed up everything to grab some fruit from the kitchen workers. Instead, he was given a bowl of leftover stew because his timing either sucked or was perfect and got the old woman that seemed to think she was everyone's grandma--or great-grandma with how old she looked--and insisted on helping to get some meat on his bones. When it came to her, Orgailian didn't even roll his eyes, just thanked her and quietly ate the stew.

He was still smiling even as he internally grumbled about how she wouldn't even let him leave without smuggling some of that night's desserts into his bag when he saw several of the latest weyrlings frolicking outside. The smile stayed in place as he watched a couple wrestle but it was the green pair that truly caught his eye. He hadn't had a chance to visit with his sort of friend since the Hatching and now seemed to be a good time for it--although the way Or'fus was looking around had him worried. But if something was wrong, he only had to shout for one of their keepers. Maybe it was just boredom and looking for someone to chat with? Orgailian supposed he could supply that since he was curious and he had only planned on returning to the plateau.

"Hey, man," he called out in greeting when close enough. "How's the weyrling life? Your little darling looks like she's doing better as well." He had been worried for her at the Hatching and hoped she had recovered without issue and now that he could see her again, it seemed all was well.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Spotting Orgailian was a welcome sight and Or'fus let out a sigh of relief. Surely he'd count, Eurydith hadn't met him yet! "Hey, it's good to see you Gail! Come over here!" He gave a wave to try and beckon the other blonde over. He could feel his little green's curiosity growing along with her excitement. She'd even decided to stop sitting on his foot so that she could stand up and greet the new person with a cheerful chirp as he approached.

"It's good, tiring, but I'm sure you know that already." Or'fus smiled. He remembered that Gail had a bunch of siblings, and several of them had already impressed. "And she is doing a lot better! But we're still trying to keep an eye on her for now so she can't just go rough house with the others yet. This is Eurydith, and this," he said turning to the green as he gestured to his friend, "is Orgailian." Her voice carried her excitement and happiness as she eagerly greeted her new friend. Hello! You seem nice! She boldly walked over, gently nosing at Orgailian's side before closely circling around him.

There was another moment where a small wave of dizziness hit and she had the tiniest mistep, but instead of falling she just leaned against the candidate's side as she gave a pleased little chirp up at him and then back at Or'fus too. "Hey come on, how about we find a nice place to sit." Eurydith looked up expectantly at Orgailian and chirped up at him again before asking, Will you cuddle us too? You look like a good cuddler! And maybe someone can tell stories.

"Ah," right, he hadn't told Gail why he'd waved him over. "She wanted me to find a new friend for her to cuddle since I didn't want to call Celeste down with all of the other weyrlings around. I hope you don't mind." It wasn't as if they could do anything else at the moment after all. The little green happily trotted on ahead to find a nice grassy spot to plop over in, calling back to them as she sprawled, We can do lots of things! It'll be nice!

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Eurydith was an adorable name for an adorable dragon. She was as sweet and cheerful as he suspected she would be during their brief moment together at the Touching. Despite never thinking about himself on a green and how he agreed with her dismissal at the time, Orgailian found his heart breaking a little at not being chosen by the little darling. But with the way she leaned against him and hoped he would cuddle and tell stories, maybe he was accepted after all. He didn't even mind that he had been so easily suckered into it either as he smiled and gently patted around Eurydith's little head knobs before she trotted off.

"It's my day off from clean-up duty at Igen so it's not like I'm rushing off anywhere and it honestly isn't anything different than what I was doing on my own earlier. Clever of you to Impress now and get out of the hard labour." He walked alongside Or'fus until they joined Eurydith. At first, Orgailian wasn't sure where he should flop but given his presence was requested for the dragon to cuddle with, he chose her other side but left everything else up to her. A healthy weyrling was already a handful and could be tricky with the way they wanted to sprawl or they had some random quirk. One that had been injured and was still being watched by healers made him a little uneasy and gave enough space for Eurydith to make herself comfortable and safe.

He removed his satchel and was about to set it aside when he remembered the goodies he was loaded with. "Kitchen granny wouldn't let me leave without provisions," Orgailian explained as he pulled out the cloth-wrapped bundle. He was pleasantly surprised to find a mountain of brownies within. It was the popular yet somewhat rare dessert as pies and pastries usually dominated what was served. "Well now I don't know if I want to share," he laughed even as he set the bounty down within reach of both of them. He didn't ask if Eurydith could have one just in case that was a discussion they'd already had and it didn't end well.

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

The little green waited until their very special guest had settled down before she wiggled and squirmed until her head was resting on his lap. She only lifted it to chirp at Or'fus, and he let out an amused sigh as he scooted over a bit closer so that she could curl her tail around him. She settled back down with a soft and happy croon, content to cuddle everyone for the moment. The new greenrider gave his friend a grin and shrugged. "I didn't pick the timing on purpose. Though I probably would have tried to find some way to get out of cleaning."

With a soft laugh he asked, "Aren't your brothers in charge there? Why not have them get you off? Or are the sort to just hang you over a ledge by your ankles and make you do the gross chores for fun?" Or'fus didn't think they were, he'd probably have remembered if Orgailian had made that particular sort of complaint about them. Probably.

The mention of snacks had him sitting up a bit more and he grinned. "Oh really now? I hope she's doing well." It had been a little since he'd last seen the kitchen granny, or been in the dining hall at all for that matter. Between fretting over Eurydith and then finally settling into the weyrling barracks he hadn't really had much time to try and catch up with friends or acquaintances.

"Oh my, that old lady must love you." Or'fus eyed the brownies for a moment before gingerly picking one up and taking a nibble out of it. He glanced over at Eurydith and pinched off a piece to hold in front of her nose. "Do you want to try a bite? Maybe it'll help you finish your next meal." The green sniffed at it curiously for a moment, eyeing the tidbit curiously before she snaked out her tongue to delicately take the offered treat.

It tastes good, she declared after taking a moment to decide just how she felt about it. "But do you want more? Or are you getting hungry?" There was a soft speculative little hum before Eurydith brightly said, No! and flopped back down to nuzzle at Orgailian. Thank you for sharing your treat though! Do you know how they make them?

Or'fus smiled and tried not to be too worried as he gently ran one hand along her flank and tail while he finished his brownie. "Just because he brought them doesn't mean he knows."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

With only a soft snort at that particular turn of phrase about brothers getting him off, Orgailian decided that was enough of a reply. A'tay wouldn't flat out force him to do anything but only ask nicely, maybe point out the benefits and how it helped everyone. K'dar, on the other hand, would dangle him over the edge after he was pushed enough. Although, now that he knew the right way to push around the bronzerider, he'd have to give it a few more tries before seeing if it would work on getting out of awful tasks.

"That old lady loves everyone. I think I'm just still too skinny for her liking," Orgailian plucked up a brownie and began nibbling on it. He managed to eat a lot of stew and his stomach, for the most part, was handling heavier food again but he didn't want to push his luck by wolfing down sweets. Watching the green pair interact was a good way to ensure he ate the brownie slowly. It was fascinating to watch a dragon try a new food and consider if they liked it or not. Eurydith not instantly loving chocolate wasn't that surprising to him. He had a brother who didn't really like the sweet treat so a dragon deeming it just okay seemed far more normal.

A little 'oof' of surprise escaped when Eurydith was suddenly flopped back against him and Orgailian realised he was really at a loss with how to handle such an affectionate weyrling. Then again, he never really spent a lot of time with such young dragonets in general and found he kept glancing at Or'fus to make sure he wasn't jealous or angry. The brownie was switched hands so he could easily pet the little green, a little hesitantly at first to make sure she did want it and was comfortable.

"I do not know my way around the kitchen but on a guess, there's probably chocolate, flour, butter, maybe eggs in the mix. Then it gets put in an oven to bake for a while." That sounded plausible enough, if basic. But he wasn't about to pretend he could identify every single ingredient to list them off. "My sister Mylorah--she recently Impressed gold Amagrith at Telgar Weyr," Orgailian noted for Eurydith's benefit but also a refresher for Or'fus in case he forgot since he didn't know how well the greenrider might know his friendly sister. "She likes to try baking sometimes and it always ends poorly for the rest of us. Her strongest recipe is chocolate chip cookies thanks to C'dhin being a determined teacher."

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Eurydith listened in rapt attention as Orgailian talked about brownies and what went into them and how they needed to be baked. Or'fus grinned as he watched and listened, waiting until his friend was done talking to thank him. "She's so excited and interested in everything you have to say about brownies.. it's really cute. Thanks for indulging her."

He gave her hide another long pat with his hand as he gave Gail a subtle nod to let him know it was okay for him to pet her as much as he wanted too. The little green loved affection and touch, and had been all over every dragonhealer who had checked up on her. She gave an excited little chirp and squeak as she rolled and adjusted so she could nuzzle her new friends while also flopping a leg onto her rider to pet. Oh! They sound pretty! Maybe they can be my friends too?

Or'fus nodded. "Mylo is very pretty, so I'm sure she got a pretty dragon too. And with how friendly Mylo is I would be surprised if she didn't want to be your friend." He smiled and gave her leg a pat and a scritch in the small spot where she was starting to feel just a little itchy. It wasn't too bad yet, but eventually he'd want to oil her. Eurydith tilted her head again to ask about chocolate chip cookies next and how they were different from brownies.

"They're not entirely chocolate for one, and for two I'm going to get you some real food okay? And some stuff to oil you after you're done eating." The green gave him a pout but he quickly added, "I'm sure Gail would be impressed if you could finish your bucket." She blinked at him, uncertain for a moment before she brightened again. Okay! I think I can eat a whole one! Relieved that had worked, Or'fus gave her a pat and climbed up to his feet to go grab the supplies from a waiting assistant.

While her rider was off doing that, Eurydith carefully climbed up to her feet, swaying slightly before she circled around so that she could flop her body across Orgailian's legs and leave her head free and away from him so that she wouldn't get him too messy while she ate. Once she was settled she craned her head around and asked, Is this okay? You're comfy.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

It was still hard to say if Mylorah had hooked up with Or'fus with such a vague answer but it was easier to assume Mylorah had slept with everyone since it was probably closer to the truth. Not that Orgailian cared either way. He was confident he still held the title for sluttiest sibling either way. He also felt like he was the one most likely to corrupt someone else if he thought about it. Maybe he should make badges for his sex accomplishments and wear them as his own version of knots.

That idea would have to wait as he realised Or'fus was trying to trick Eurydith into eating a full bucket. Was she not eating much? Should he ask about it? He wanted to but decided it might add to the stress the pair might already be under and he didn't want to upset either of them--especially not when he suddenly had his lap full of dragonet. What was even happening? His heart melted a little more for the sweet green as he smiled and patted her again. "You're fine. I'm not used to such a snuggly young dragon, though." That was partly due to not spending a lot of time around fresh weyrlings since they were always tired and so loud.

But with Or'fus away and Eurydith being so affectionate, Orgailian had a thought about the Touching. He wouldn't have asked with his friend still there and truthfully, he wasn't sure he should ask at all but the chance was there and he went for it. "Eurydith?" He hesitated with a glance over to Or'fus to see if he was going to be back in seconds or a little longer, "do you remember anything before you hatched? Several days before you hatched, the Candidates all went around to greet you and your siblings by touching the egg and usually a mental connection is made." He didn't want to lead her on too much more by stating he Touched her egg. She seemed sweet enough to lie and say she remembered him and while that would be nice, his curiosity demanded the truth.

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Eurydith tipped her head back to watch Orgailian, head tilted curiously when he called her name. She let out a soft inquisitive chirp, then thought for a moment. Did she remember? She didn't think so. She remembered the headache when her brother had fallen on her shell but even that was vague and distant already despite knowing it wasn't really all that long ago. I don't think so. She peered at him closely though, gave him a sniff and then nuzzled her head against him before adding, You seem familiar though. Like maybe I met you once in a dream? I like you.

She turned her attention back to where Or'fus was talking to the assistant and gave out a soft chirp to try to encourage him to hurry up. He looked over and gave a wave before grabbing the buckets and starting the walk back. After I eat will you tell me a nice story? Sometimes Or'fus tells me stories or reads me poems but I want to hear a new thing! She loved the stories and poems that her rider had already told her, but she was excited to see if Orgailian knew any different things to tell her about.

"What was that about a new thing?" asked Or'fus as he returned with a pair of buckets and some rags. He set the bucket of oil to one side and the bucket of meat down directly in front of the little green as he took a seat. "Are you crushing Gail to death? I suppose it's only fair that you try to crush more than just me," he said with a grin before reaching out to gently pet her head.

He said it was okay, she said in response with another glance back at Gail as if seeking his confirmation. "Well that's fine then," he said with a nod as he tilted the bucket. "Now let's see if you can really impress him with a full belly." While Eurydith got to eating, he turned to Gail and gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks a lot for stopping by to visit. She loves people, but some of the other weyrlings don't want her to cuddle their riders, or they want to play with her and she still gets the occasional dizzy spell so we're trying to keep an eye on it."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

He seemed familiar, maybe from a dream? That was better than Orgailian expected to get and smiled at the little green dragonet. It didn't prove definitively that the Touchings weren't needed because the dragonets didn't remember the interaction or even that they were important for that gentle sense of knowing left upon them, but that hadn't been his intention anyway. Orgailian only wanted to know if Eurydith remembered him and perhaps learn more about why they weren't compatible in the end. He had his theory, especially now that he knew the type of person Eurydith did want. Sure, she had loved his creative side but not all aspects of him and Orgailian knew he wasn't as selfless as Or'fus. It had been a plesant bonding experience and he hoped to keep visiting the green pair in the future but being actual mates wouldn't have worked.

"I like you, too," Orgailian replied and found he was smiling again at her hope to hear a story. He glanced at his bag that held his notebooks and then nodded at Eurydith as Or'fus returned. "I sometimes write poems and short stories and I'd be happy to read you one later, if you like." That wasn't an offer he made to just anyone and he knew it extended to Or'fus as well but the green weyrling had viewed some of his work before so there were worse people to have critique his work.

"Sometimes being crushed is a perfectly acceptable way to pass an afternoon," he added to further show he was fine with how Eurydith was draped over him. Then again, with the bucket being set down, Orgailian started to have a change of heart. As long as he didn't end up wearing the meal, it would probably be fine. Still, his focus went to Or'fus and his gratitude. "I guess if she likes my stories, I can come around again sometime."

Or'fus
of Green Eurydith

Date of Birth
13.12.719, 25
Height
6' 1.5"
Eyes
Green
Build
Lean
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Eurydith was absolutely delighted that her new friend liked her too, and much to her rider's relief she was keen to impress him and seemed to eagerly dive into the bucket's bloody contents. All the while though she was very careful to make sure she didn't splash too much, she wanted to stay neat and clean and not make a mess of Orgailian. Or'fus just smiled as he watched her, softly giving her encouragements. "See! You can eat all of it."

While he could tell the little green hadn't gorged herself, nor was she even uncomfortable, she still gave a swish of her tail and said I eat when I'm hungry. I just don't get hungry like the others do. Still, Eurydith ate the last bit of meat in her bucket before letting out a soft burp. After he got the empty bucket out of the way he made sure to clean off her face so she wouldn't grump about it and then grabbed the oil so he could start working on the itchy spots he'd noticed. "I know, but some people worry about you."

Soothed by the oiling, and with a belly full of food, Eurydith softly crooned and chirped, excited to hear that Orgailian might be stopping by again. Or'fus grinned, waiting until Eurydith got up and started to slowly circle around them to scoot over until he was practically leaning against Gail so that she could sprawl across both of their laps with her head nuzzling against her newest friend. "She's really excited about seeing you again and hearing more stories. Sometimes she tries to help me with mine. She's very good for inspiration." He gave her back a long stroke where he could reach it between her wings.

I am! she declared happily. She knew she was because Or'fus told her so plenty of times after all. She looked up at Orgailian and asked, What do you like to make stories about?

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Eurydith truly was a cuddle bug. Orgailian returned to petting the dragonet after she flopped across him again after a meal that was successfully neat. Still, he didn't like that she didn't seem to have as large of an appetite as the others did. That was nice for Or'fus given there would be less clean-up and time spent on that routine in general, but didn't Eurydith need it to help grow? He wasn't an expert and if she wasn't being forced to eat regularly by the healers, then Orgailian decided it wasn't that serious and he shouldn't let it worry him too much.

"I think I can come up with some more stories for you," he promised Eurydith with a scritch to her eye ridges to see if she liked that more than other locations. It wasn't surprising to him that she was a great inspiration to Or'fus. Dragons were almost always exactly what one needed and while his friend was creative, he also hit walls at times. Since it was still early days, Orgailian didn't ask to see any new work but made a mental note to pester Or'fus in a month or so. As to his own writing?

"Anything, I guess. Usually short stories about something I see and what I imagine happened to it or what an animal is up to on any given day. I wrote one about Celeste. If I can find it, I'll read it to you next time I visit." Some of the animal tales were silly and whimsical meanderings of his mind but some were also darker or metaphorical. Given his brief time with her, Orgailian suspected the whimsical writings would be more to her liking. "I do what might be concerned poems as well. They're usually short with a few lines. Like, 'the tranquil sea under the setting sun, so vast and shimmering, so soothing and full of hope, draws the eye and heart.'" Again, he didn't think Eurydith would appreciate the final lines of the willingness to depart only comes with the darkening of sky and soul. It would only be happy thoughts until he knew her better.

"I'm also working on the details of a story about a heroine that may or may not be based on Mylorah. Wanna hear some" He asked even as he grabbed his bag and pulled out the journal dedicated to his big adventure idea. He didn't have all that much written, at least not much that flowed well together, but a couple of chapters might satisfy Eurydith for now.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)