World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.10.15 – Cuddle piles under the sun
3 PM

E'wen
of Brown Gaiacath

Date of Birth
16.02.722, 23
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slender
Hair
Chestnut Brown

Threads

Written By: Toucanbulle
“Alright Gaiacath, time to go back. We’re done here”, said E’wen as he jumped on his companion’s back.

Can we go to the beach? I feel stickyyyyyy~

“I know, I know, they made you work for it. But you had fun right?” As he spoke, he sent a small wave to the beastherder which cattle they spent the last hour looking for. A wild werries mating flight sent them suddenly running shortly before E’wen and Gaiacath’s patrol took them to this part of the land, and they chose to assist the farmer to earn a few coins. It could be useful for the next gather…

They were no match for me! It was easy! But now I’m sticky, and I want a bath!

“Yes, yes, yes, we are going, you big diva. Get us to the weyr so I can grab your stuff then. You got the visual?”

Yes! Said Gaiacath, bouncing twice before spreading his wings and taking flight. As they took to the air, E’wen took in the scent of this sunny day knowing their chores were done. He would have to do a quick report to the watch dragon, but it wouldn’t take long, and then to the beach to take care of his friend. Maybe Gem would want to come with them…

They blinked out of sight as they entered between.

“Here we are, dearest, pick your spot!” said E’wen as he patted Gaiacath’s neck, the deep blue sea stretching across the horizon. They could see other dragons laying across the beach or frolicking in the water, enjoying a day without any typhoon for once in the month.

My rock is free! I love my rock, it’s the best sunning spot! Do you think there’s much sand on it, like last time?

“There might be, but we will clean it as always Gaiacath. Don’t worry.

You are the best E’wen. I love you.

“Yes yes, get down there dearest, I don’t want to clean you in the dark again. Come on!”

They landed lightly in their favorite spot, were a big dark rock rose a bit above the black sand to create a thin platform. As it allowed Gaiacath to not lay in the sand, it was his favorite place. E’wen unseated himself from his dragon’s back, grabbing brush, bucket and sandsoap in the same move.

Maybe they could have a small nap in the sun after…

A small puff of noise and a bright chirp announced the arrival of Gem, the small dark sapphire blue Firelizard. He was a recent addition to the team, but his exuberant ways never ceased to amuse Gaiacath.

“Wanna help Gem?”

With another chirp, the little beast landed on Gaiacath’s head and spread himself as if he was ready to nap there in the sun.

“I guess you won’t then, you lazy bum.” Said E’wen with a chuckle. They will have to work on that someday.

Time to get to work.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Zoremet was enjoying a nice break from helping out at Igen, not that he'd done too much if he was honest. He'd gotten distracted, lost in some of the caverns, and then Pit had brought K'dar to help find him. At least his older adoptive brother wasn't upset with him, though much to his dismay he was now assigned the task of trying to map out the lower caverns to help keep himself and other people from getting lost. Maybe he could get Gail to help him later.

But that was future Zory's problem. Present Zory was going to take advantage of his freedom by wandering down shirtless to the beach to get in some naps and maybe some swimming, and then depending on how he felt after maybe he'd go on a little bit of a hike! The green flitter perched daintily on his scrawny shoulders chirped softly at him. "I'm sure it'll be fine, Pit. I've got you!" He reached up to gently pet the top of her head and was rewarded with a soft gentle croon.

He stepped off the path that led to the beach and and looked up, squinting through the bright light and peering at who else was there before brightening and giving a wave as he recognized the other Katila brat. Zoremet would have been content to just lounge and laze about by himself if everyone else was off being busy and responsible, but company was always nice!

"Hiii!" Zoremet slowly made his way over, happy to see a friendly face but feeling too relaxed to want to rush. It was hard to want to rush when on the beach after all! Unless it was a truly hot day he supposed and then the rush was to get into the water. Either way he walked on over to E'wen and Gaiacath and gave them both a smile and another small wave. "How are you two?" Pit gave a small chirp as she spotted the blue on top of the brown dragon's head and Zory added, "Or three. Here for beach naps?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

E'wen
of Brown Gaiacath

Date of Birth
16.02.722, 23
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slender
Hair
Chestnut Brown

Threads

As E’wen threw a bucket of water on Gaiacath’s tail to wash away the soap sand, he heard a soft call behind him. Turning, he smiled brightly to the oncoming weyrbrat. Zoremet was two years younger than him, but they got on well.

“Hi, Zory! We are fine, as you can see. Just finishing with the cleaning.”

Gaiacath turned lazily toward the newcomer and lowered his head in greetings. The move dislodged Gem suddenly, and the little beast took flight with a surprised croak. Gathering his bearings, he sent a few incendiary peeps to his giant cousin, before snorting and coming closer to greet Pit.

“Oh, don’t be like that Gem, you knew it was coming when you set there”, said E’wen with a snort after watching the drama unfold. “And how are you Zory? I didn’t see you much lately. You keeping out of trouble?”

As he picked up the various utensils to gather them in a corner of the platform, he added:

“We were debating whether we were going to go swimming or to nap here actually. Have you made a choice Gaiacath?”

Hmmmm I think maybe a little swim so I can be sure there is no sand left…

“Alright, go on then. I’ll see if I join you.”

E’wen stepped back as the dragon rose slowly into the sky before going over the sea. He turned to Zory as the wind fell, taking off his drenched tunic and wranging it dry(er).

“Do you want to go for a swim? Or we could stay and chat a bit while my dear diva rinses off.” As an afterthought, he added: “Either way, we plan to nap after this, if you want.”

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Pit gave a small chirp at Gem before hopping off of Zoremet's shoulder to see if she could engage the blue flitter in a game of tag. Zory watched her fly off with a smile and then shrugged. "I'm okay, happy to have some time off. They have the Candidates helping to clean up Igen to get it ready so I've been busy with that. And I got lost and K'dar wants me to make maps now."

He huffed a little at that, but was trying not to whine so he turned his attention back to the brown pair. "Oh? Swimming and naps are both good options!" He gave Gaiacath a small wave as he flew off then smiled at E'wen. "Either! If we don't go too far from the shore we can have a lazy swim and talk at the same time and then nap in the sun to warm up and dry off!"

Naturally Zoremet assumed that cuddles would be involved in said nap, because naps without cuddles were just wrong. Still, he wasn't sure if that was the best decision and he squinted out over the water and scratched at the back of his head while he thought. "If we swim then the water might be starting to get cold... but then warming up with cuddles after being cold is nice so that might be worth it. Or we could just skip the swim and go to cuddling."

But spotting Gaiacath swimming did look fun. He turned and grinned at E'wen. "Let's do at least a little swimming first!" Zoremet was already shimmying out of the rest of his clothes, folding everything and neatly setting them to the side before he was running to the water with an eager laugh. And it wasn't as cold as he feared it might be though still enough to make him shiver and crouch down until only his head was sticking up as he worked on getting used to it.

Once E'wen had joined him he cheerily asked, "Are you going to be staying in Ista after the other two Weyrs open are will you be transferring? Gail and I are going to Igen since K'dar and A'tay will be in charge!"

E'wen
of Brown Gaiacath

Date of Birth
16.02.722, 23
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slender
Hair
Chestnut Brown

Threads

E’wen followed Zoremet slowly to the edge of the water, happy to enjoy this peaceful moment. Gaiacath was fooling around a bit in deeper waters, happy with life, and he could see a few flashes of colour as Gem and the green firelizard raced on the winds. All was well.

« I heard about Igen, yes. It must be quite the ordeal to put it back together. But it must be great to help rebuild your future home, right? And, well, I’m not surprised that K’dar roped you in maping the place. It will help a lot of people when you are done. »

He went into the water until it reached mid-calf, waiting for the younger man.

« It’s great that your brothers get to lead the new Weyr! I guess most of your family will follow then? I’m not sure what Gaiacath and I will do for now. Ista is great for us. It would be an honour to be chosen to help with the new weyr, but they would probably prefer riders with more seniority and experience to help run things. »

You are good at running things for me. Why would they not want us?

Because, as I said, we don’t have much experience at running a weyr. We are running errands, not dealing with the Lords for the tithes or even with the logistics of feeding us all. I’m good for the two of us but that’s it for now. Even if it might be nice.

You could be happier there. I’m sure your mom would agree with me.

Don’t drag Mom into this again. You don’t win because she always agrees with you!

Ah! I so do!

With a sigh, E’wen tried to ignore that last answer and jumped into the sea. He stayed a bit under, enjoying the water cradling him. As he surfaced and faced Zoremet again, he sent him a small smile, before falling on his back and floating eyes closed.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Once Zory had gotten used to the temperature of the water he stretched and started to splash around a bit, grinning at E'wen as he flung a little bit of water his way too. "It's neat I guess to help clean it up and get it ready. They've been assigning a lot of people to help with it and HIgh Reaches. You could volunteer to help, I don't know if they have any plans for the ranks really, but maybe if you volunteer and help out before you get assigned to the cleaning rotation it could be impressive!" Or was it? He paused as he frowned and then shrugged. "I think so at least. I don't really know how or why people choose these things.

As for his family he added, "I don't know about most of them." Zory thought about it for a moment. "Mylo just Impressed gold in Telgar so she's probably going to stay there. And Casa's here. I don't know about Wynera, she seems to like Telgar and I heard some harper boy she likes is moving there or something. I don't know about Xendrin either... Benden is too little, and dad is still in Telgar too. But me and Gail at least will be going!" He paused to frown as he went through the list again in his mind. Was he missing any siblings? He didn't think so. Maybe? "I thiiiink that's it? Who knows."

With a happy sigh, Zoremet tipped himself backwards, arms spread out as he lazily floated. If only it were safe enough to nap like this! But no, one of his siblings would probably scold him and talk about drowning or something. "All I really know is I don't want to go to High Reaches. I heard it gets super cold! When would I ever take off my clothes?!" Truly it was a distressing thought. "I guess snow can be fun to play with for a little bit at a time, but I really like the sun. It's better. Toastier."

E'wen
of Brown Gaiacath

Date of Birth
16.02.722, 23
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slender
Hair
Chestnut Brown

Threads

As he let himself float gently on the sea, E’wen hummed in answer to Zoremet. Yeah, he could ask. It shouldn’t hurt anything. And Gaiacath might like Igen better, since there wouldn’t be as much sand there.

“I’ll think about it. Thank you for the advice, Zory.”

He listened to the list of Zoremet’s siblings. Well, most of them were settling in their own weyr. He should look up his own brothers and sisters, maybe? Try to see how they are doing? What about his friends? Since moving to Telgar, he has been a little out of the loop it seems. He used to know everything about everyone at Katila, but since Gaiacath hatched, he feels more withdrawn. Maybe it’s time to go back out. Well, if they didn’t forget about him, right?

As Zory went on about the pros and cons of the other weyrs, E’wen chuckled. “Yeah, I can’t see you going for High Reaches either. Telgar and Benden would be too cold for you too! And talking about the sun, wanna go get that nap? I’m starting to get wrinkly with the water. Wanna race?”

Without waiting for an answer, E’wen started to swim back to the shore with powerful strokes. As he stumbled a bit on the sand, he saw that Gaiacath was already back on his spot, lounging primly to dry in the hard sun of the afternoon.

“Care to share a wing, Gaiacath?”

With a huff, the small brown dragon extended one of his wings a bit, creating a shaded spot. He went back to sleep immediately.

E’wen looked back at Zory with a smile.

“Come on, time to get comfy.”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)