World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.09.29 | Berry Mood
2pm | Ch'es

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Despite his earlier reluctance to go out, Sironar had to admit that it had been a rather productive day. He had lots of berries, some good mushrooms he'd found in a nice sheltered valley by a stream, and he'd even gotten a bag full of tart cherries! Hopefully Ch'es would like them, and if not he knew his dad would, and he could give some to C'dhin for his baking if he wanted before taking the rest to the kitchen to be made into jam or preserves. Once he put up the mushrooms and got changed into some cleaner clothes he grabbed a large bowl to fill with the berries and some of the cherries, giving them a quick rinse before carrying it to the Weyrling Barracks.

At least he'd picked a good enough time to visit, there were no lessons in progress and he spotted Ch'es lounging in the sun with his dragon off to the side. Fancy jumped off of his shoulder to go delicately land on Pardrith with a cheerful trill, ready to hop off at a moment's notice if the bronze took offense. After rolling his eyes a little at the blue flitter, he plopped down next to his friend and held out the bowl. "Picked these this morning. Figured you might enjoy them. I already cleaned them off too. Good haul on some blackberries and strawberries, found a few blue berries, and spotted a really heavy cherry tree. Have as much as you want."

He looked over to study Pardrith for a moment, head tilted curiously. "He's still so dark... do you think he'll lighten up at all as he grows? How have weyrling classes been?" Really he was just stalling for time, not wanting to admit that he'd had a rough time adjusting to having Fetch as a roommate, that Fetch had physically carried him to the infirmary a week ago because he didn't want to move and now the big idiot thought something was wrong with him.

That wasn't exactly fair. Fetch meant well, and at least admitted he didn't really understand what was going on, and that he was just trying to help however he could. Siro sighed, chin resting on his hand for a moment until that became too much effort too and he just plopped down onto his back to stare up at the sky. "I'm sorry for not visiting more. I've been... tired. And I miss having you as a roommate. Fetch tries but it's not the same."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
Oiling Pardrith was far more of a task than oiling Chirp. The dragonet was growing quickly, leaving Ch'es with the frustrating task of determining whether or not he was itchy or if Pard was suffering. When in doubt, the boy opted to simply slather his bonded with both affection and oil. Chirp took advantage of the excess by simply loafing between Pardrith's forelimbs and accepting any run-off from his dark hide.

Pardrith looked black whenever he was fully slicked down, but as his coat dried in the sun, those bronze spots of his were growing in number and even his handsome face was lightening up to show off the pretty metallic color. The dragonet's eyes were half-lidded and baby blue, contented as he practically purred under Ch'es's kind hands.

By the time the freckled hunter finished, he was covered in as much oil himself, and sweat-soaked on top of it. Ch'es flopped down on the ground with the chore finished, arms spread in surrender. He may have even dozed off some because Sironar's approach had him jolting into a sitting position and managing to look sheepish, followed quickly by excitement.

Sironar's visits were rare, but always wonderful. Ch'es missed his roommate fiercely, including the more private room they'd shared together. The barracks were practically overflowing with how quickly the dragonets were growing. Pardrith had long since been unable to sleep on the pallet with him, but the pair usually managed to be touching in some manner at night. At the very least, his little troublemaker had grown out of the desire to be awake at all hours of the night getting up to mischief.

Pardrith glanced around as Fancy Lad landed on his back. Sharing in his boy's affection for the little flitters, he nuzzled the blue one before turning back to groom Chirp who was still nestled between his forelimbs.

Eager for the fresh pickings, Ch'es peeked into the bowl Sironar held out and popped a few fat blackberries into his mouth before following them up with a pair of strawberries. Called by the arrival of food, Chirp abandoned her bath under Pardrith's tongue and bounded over to perch on her boy's shoulder in the hopes of scraps. Dutifully, Ch'es held out his uneaten ends of the strawberries which she accepted without complaint.

He's already starting to, Ch'es signed, automatically falling back into their nonverbal communications since Pardrith now busied himself with grooming Fancy Lad. Along his face and the tops of his wings.

Hearing Sironar asking about classes and sensing his bonded's difficulty communicating, Pardrith took over and translated. It's been an adjustment for him. Adding on his own observations, the dragonet commented, He doesn't seem to have trouble socializing with you, but when it comes to others, he's slow to open up. Of course, Pardrith knew Siro and Ch'es had spent a great deal of time together and had the opportunity to grow accustomed to each other's presence in a more natural way as compared to the constant changes that came with Weryling classes. Still, Pardrith thought his boy was doing well, considering where he came from.

Far more attuned to his friend's moods than Pardrith, Ch'es picked up on the dour mood. He watched with concern as Siro flopped on his back and stared up at the sky. He always got that far away, sad expression whenever his own thoughts were being particularly vexing. Ch'es was certain Siro didn't even realize it.

It's okay. But you're more than just tired, Ch'es pointed out with a soft frown. Not for the first time, the boy wished Siro had been able to bond with one of Pardrith's siblings. If he had a dragonet, perhaps he wouldn't be so sad. I'll see if I can come to visit you more often. Sometimes, getting away from his class seemed impossible. They always had to be under watch to the point that it felt like being held prisoner! Ch'es knew it was because the dragonets could get into so much trouble. Especially Malvayth's babies. They were all as chaotic as their mother.

I have some free time now. Do you want to do something? Or just hang? After signing, Ch'es lay back and pillowed his head on Siro's arm in silent companionship. The freckled teen so rarely sought out physical comfort from others, but Siro was on the short list of people he felt safe enough to do so.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Once it was pointed out, Sironar realized that Pardrith's hide was actually starting to lighten up in a few points, though he was still quite dark overall. He knew it wasn't something he should worry about not noticing at first, he didn't see the dragon every day. Or maybe that should have made the differences more obvious to him. He tried not to cling to that idea too much at least since he was busy worrying about other things that probably didn't need to be worried about. "It'll be exciting to see what he looks like full grown." He couldn't imagine the dragon not looking striking one way or another. "Hopefully he keeps some of his spots."

He nodded along as Pardrith told him about Ch'es socializing, or rather his troubles with it. "Sometimes it's hard to make new friends. Though I guess I had an easier time when I had to spend time with someone... so maybe I'm not the best judge." Siro had no idea how he'd do in Weyrling class. Then again that would require that he get a dragon of his own one day and that thought was terrifying in itself. He could get hurt or killed while Standing, have a flying accident, disappear forever between.

"You don't have to worry about trying to visit me. You've got classes and they're important so you should pay attention to those." Sironar stared up at the sky, trying to think of something they could do, but then his friend was using his arm as a pillow and he blinked over at him, giving a small smile. "I still don't think you have to worry about me, but thanks for trying. I'll try and think of something we can do."

It was nice to have that small moment of closeness, and Siro was fine with staying there for a little as he thought. Going on a hike to get more berries was obviously not going to happen, but he could always send Fancy back to his room to get a deck of cards to play while they talked. "You've been practicing your reading and writing, right? We could play some cards. Or we can just relax, maybe I'll juggle or something if I get tired of lying on the ground."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)