World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.09.11 | Meaningless Trinkets
8pm | D'hys

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
You look ridiculous. Pharalth huffed in annoyance as he waited for his rider to finish fussing with his new bauble. If your hair is getting so long it is bothering you then perhaps you should get it cut. V'lis rolled his eyes as he finished adjusting the odd little hair decoration. "Oh hush, you're just jealous because you can't wear anything." The brown let out a low annoyed growl. I am clearing wearing something now. "Oh fine, I'm done anyway."

With an extra pat on his dragon's nose, stroking it up to between his eyes like he knew Pharalth liked to make up for his distraction, V'lis moved to get the riding straps removed so that his boy could stretch and relax in the sun a bit more comfortably. "There you go, I'll oil you when I'm done delivering this letter to D'hys so maybe go have a swim before you decide to nap." That sounded agreeable enough, so with one more stretch, the brown took off from his ledge to go for a swim and soak in the lake.

V'lis softly whistled to himself as he got the straps and his leathers put away and then stopped to check on his newest little accessory with a peek in the mirror. It was silly really, a bit too sparkly and bright for his tastes normally, but it had caught his eye and so he'd taken the odd little hair pin and managed to weave it in his hair once he'd gotten out of the greenrider's weyr. The weedy little blonde probably wouldn't miss it since he had so many other silly accessories. He should have grabbed another one while he was there, he could probably sell them easily enough. He'd likely sell this one after he got his hair cut, but for now he was fine with leaving the garish thing in for now.

He was still whistling as he made his way to the bluerider's weyr, he'd already made one delivery for the man, which was ridiculous since he could have easily handled it with Fern or Sky but D'hys just had an irrational hatred of flitters. At least he'd gotten laid while he was out playing messenger boy, so he was in a good mood at least as he knocked on the door and waited for the bluerider to answer. When D'hys opened the door the man just stared at him for a moment with a frown and V'lis realized he was staring at his newest little accessory. "Oh this? Yeah not really my style, but I acquired it from some greenrider I fucked in Benden. Neat huh? I'll probably sell it later. Though if you want one I can probably grab another for you. Anyway, here's your letter, all sealed up."

After making sure no one else was in the corridor, he reached into his coat to pull out the small envelope, still sealed with wax.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The knock at his door was expected, though it was coming later than estimated. No doubt V'lis found himself distracted in some manner. It wasn't against the rules of running for him--unless a specific timeframe and route was given--so while it was a tad irritating, D'hys wasn't about to ream him out for it. For all of his faults, V'lis still played errand boy well enough and his status as a brownrider worked to D'hys' advantage in various ways. Some still respected where the brownriders were in the hierarchy and would help V'lis out as needed while others still turned their noses up at brownriders and would easily overlook him.

However, upon laying eyes on the young man, D'hys knew exactly where the time delay happened and he frowned while staring at the little clip. It looked absolutely ridiculous on V'lis which made D'hys appreciate the proper owner's beauty a little more. X'siar was an odd character and annoyingly too precious to take advantage of so the kid had his protection based on his inability to keep himself safe--not that he knew that. The last thing he wanted was another greenrider constantly coming around with all of his life problems and woes like M'quel did. She was his own fault, his own creation, but at least good sex came out of it.

"That greenrider has a dragon that Zeianth is quite fond of," D'hys replied casually as he accepted the requested letter. He kept his tone and expression neutral as he inspected that the seal was still intact. "I gave him that accessory as a token of my appreciation for letting Zeianth visit at their weyr when we’re in Benden." No threat was issued and his gaze didn't change as it drifted back up to V'lis to see how the young brownrider was taking the news.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

A number of things ran through the brownrider's head as he studied D'hys, his easy going smile still plastered on his face, frozen for the moment. There wasn't an immediate threat, which was good, but the bluerider was not the sort to just casually mention anything, especially about how he'd gotten a gift for a man with a dragon that his dragon just happened to fancy. That seemed like a much more roundabout polite way to say V'lis had done fucked one of the man's bitches. The fact that part wasn't mentioned at all was probably good?

The little clip though, was a gift. That set off a few alarm bells in his mind. He didn't really associate D'hys with gift giving, so he just casually shrugged, and tried to keep the bit of concern off his face as he reached up to undo the clip and get it out of his hair. He ignored Pharalth's little bit of amusement that he was giving up the trinket so soon. "Yeah I didn't know he was one of yours, but hey, this isn't my style anyway you know? So maybe you can just conveniently find this for him, give it back, bet the little guy would even suck your dick out of gratitude."

V'lis flicked the clip in a gentle arc to the bluerider so it could be easily caught. There, no longer in his possession, no longer his problem. Knowing the green was one that Zeianth liked, V'lis also added, "And don't worry about Pharalth, I don't think he was interested in the gimpy little green at all so I don't think he'd be chasing her." That part wasn't completely true, the brown had been shockingly polite and social once he'd noticed that the green was missing a leg, but V'lis didn't think his boy would be chasing her anyway.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

“And would you suck my dick in apology?” D’hys countered as he easily caught the clip, crossed his arms lightly over his chest, and leaned a shoulder against the door jamb as he continued to keep the casual impression. V’lis was his bitch but D’hys had no interest in actually bedding the man in any form. However, it would be amusing to know if the brownrider would go that far to try and earn back some favour and make amends. But they wouldn’t find out that day as he knew V’lis responded better to threats and motivation—and threats were easily given once Solenath was brought up.

An exaggerated sigh was given to show his disappointment in V’lis and annoyance at the entire situation. “I expect more from my employees, V’lis, especially when it comes to common knowledge.” Most people knew he had exiled alone, leaving behind his sisters as his only focus was Zeianth’s safety. Some believed the rumours that he left behind a mate and children as well and D’hys hadn’t bothered to correct those tales as they helped his reputation with those that needed to hear such things about him. “Zeianth and I have an interest in dragons that have such strengths of will and determination to live.” In his dragon’s case, it was more a soft spot for dragons that were too sweet for their own good or ones with injuries. Either way, they needed his protection and tenderness. It was mostly greens that drew such attention but a few blues had earned it over the recent years as well.

“I suggest you spend the rest of the evening looking into that so you don’t accidentally lose something—like a finger—or break something—like your hand—the next time you fuck up.” D’hys’ smile was cold and filled with just enough menace to show he was not only serious but wouldn’t have any issue following through with it. “You may go now,” without moving from his held position, D’hys waved V’lis off with a few flicks of his hand.

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

V'lis immediately scowled and whined, "Awe come on, I don't like sucking dick. I went and gave it up as soon as you said it was a gift. I can't just memorize every green or other bitch you've got a claim to. That's too many people. It didn't even seem like the sort of gift that would have come from you." Not that he knew what sort of gifts the bluerider gave at all, but something a bit more crass like manacles or whips or severed fingers of their enemies seemed like it might fit him better.

"And I know you've got a soft spot for the survivors, but that doesn't mean you know all gimpy dragons." He caught the look on the bluerider's face and he held up both his hands and quickly added, "Hey, hey. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with gimpy dragons or liking them. I like it when the runt of the litter manages to toughen it out and survive and turns into a great dog, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a runt. It's just a word and I didn't mean anything by it other than pointing out the very obvious fact she's missing a leg."

He took a step further back into the hall, just to get a bit of extra breathing room between them since D'hys did not seem to be quite pleased with him in the least, especially with bringing up breaking his hands. V'lis wasn't planning on running, away if anything did happen, that was never a good look and he wanted to stay gainfully employed, but having room to dodge so he could try and buy some time to calm the other man down would hopefully be good. For now he decided to just try and excuse himself. "Look, I can tell you're not in a great mood so I'll just get out of your hair. You know how to find me if you need anything."

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D'hys watched V'lis scurry away until he was out of sight and then headed back inside. The door was shut and locked and he leaned back against it as he stared at the hair clip in his hand. You're not considering a trip tonight, are you? It will be the middle of the night for them. D'hys smirked. His dragon was trying to be the voice of reason but there was still excitement under it. He hadn't been lying when he said Zeianth was fond of Solenath and it had been a few weeks since they were last in Benden. "Better to go now and put a stop to this bad idea of X'siar continuing to hook up with V'lis before it gets out of hand."

While he did want to stop bad decisions from being made sooner rather than later, D'hys still didn't rush as he changed and packed a satchel for the trip. He did, however, treat it as a drill run for emergencies with gearing up Zeianth, quietly going through the routine of slipping on the straps and giving them a check. He mounted up and nodded to himself in satisfaction at how quick and efficient the run had been. The endless talks about wings starting up 'soon' would eventually come true, likely after the last two Weyrs were settled into, so it didn't hurt to be on top of his game when it did happen.

In no time at all, the blue pair arrived above Benden Weyr with Zeianth announcing their presence and reason for visiting at the late hour to the watch dragon. They are amused that we have deemed 'that pair' worth a late night visit. They're just re-evaluating what they know of X'siar and Solenath and why we've taken an interest. This works to our advantage. Word will spread again that they are under our protection. Despite his healthy ego, D'hys knew he didn't scare everyone and some would still see it as a challenge or go about their business as usual but enough would think twice about harassing X'siar again.

Zeianth gently nudged Solenath to let her know they were there for a visit and waited for her answer before landing. D'hys removed the straps, showing it wouldn't be a short visit for anyone nosy enough to track their arrival. Once free, Zeianth went right to Solenath to greet her with a nuzzle, leaving the humans to their own devices. After shucking his own riding gear, D'hys pulled out the hair clip from his bag and held it out for X'siar when he found the man. "What am I going to do with you, Xisi?"

X'siar
of Green Solenath

Date of Birth
715.03.28, 29
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Scrawny
Hair
Blonde, medium length

Threads

Where was it? X'siar felt like he was going mad. He tried to keep everything organized, everything in its place, so to have one of his little hair baubles missing from its place was especially upsetting. He'd noticed the conspicuously empty spot on the little tray he kept his hair trinkets on when he was undoing his hair earlier to wind down for bed, and had become determined to find it. It wasn't the fanciest or most expensive piece of personal decoration that he owned, but it was one that he was rather fond of.

I'm sure you'll find it in the morning after you take a rest. Solenath was lounging inside on her couch for the moment, having decided that perhaps her rider might decide to join her if he couldn't find his little gift before he grew too tired. It has to be around here somewhere. Did it fall under the dresser perhaps? He knelt down to look and scowled before standing straight up and spinning about fast enough that his arm swung out and slammed into the solid piece of furniture.

He cursed and the green's voice came in low and irritated, That hurt! And now it's itchy! Just because you lost a gift from- I just like it because it catches the light just right and looks good on me! He didn't want to admit why it was one of his favorites, certainly didn't want to think about any blueriders. Sol was going to retort when she lifted her head and softly crooned, greeting the visitor as she lowered her wings to serve as a crutch as she got up, making her way out to her ledge to better greet the pair.

She didn't even tell X'siar that they had visitors until after she had returned Zeianth's nuzzle with one of her own and a pleased chirp before settling in for a nice cuddle. Visitors! she crooned in a singsong manner. This late? Who could it possibly- he froze as he heard D'hys's voice and though he turned around with a scowl, all the annoyance fled far too quickly as soon as he saw the hair clip. "I've been looking everywhere for that!"

He was more relieved than he cared to admit, and combined with Solenath's outpouring of affection, X'siar couldn't help but give D'hys a tight squeeze. Shit. He'd forgotten just how comfortable that hug felt, that the bluerider was just the right shape and size to seem to fit there. He sighed and reluctantly pulled away, reaching out to take the hairclip as well so he could put it back in its rightful place. A quick examination before he set it down showed that it definitely was his and not a conveniently timed replacement. "Where did you find this?" He glanced back at D'hys and raised an eyebrow as he added, "Or do I not want to know?"

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D'hys always found X'siar's initial distaste of him amusing. It never lasted long but he also understood where that immediate gut reaction came from given the younger man's romantic history. It was why he chose not to play any games with X'siar and was typically honest with him. But this meeting barely had the annoyance show before it was gone and he was being hugged. The gesture was returned since the greenrider worked well with praise and affection--especially being held. But even that didn't last long that night and D'hys chuckled as the trinket was retrieved.

"You've been keeping unsavoury company recently--myself not included as I haven't been by recently until now," D'hys grinned as he beat X'siar to the punch, knowing the man would add him to that list. "I would leave it at that if it was almost anyone else that had taken the clip." Despite bringing a couple of new gifts for X'siar, D'hys set his bag down with the intention to get to that later. The talk had to come first, as did something else. The hug may have been quick but it showed the greenrider's left arm was acting up again as there was barely any strength on that side in what was otherwise a tight squeeze.

On second thought, D'hys retrieved the small cloth ball filled with uncooked rice that he had commissioned before steering X'siar over to the bed and making him sit. "This should be small enough for you to keep in a pocket if you choose but it's something to keep your left hand busy and perhaps even work some muscles." D'hys turned X'siar's left palm up so he could place the ball and curled the fingers around it. He did well on estimating the size and thought it would work well for exercise, stress, and just fiddling. "Now take off your shirt and I'll massage your arm while I explain why brownrider V'lis walks a very fine line with me."

X'siar
of Green Solenath

Date of Birth
715.03.28, 29
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Scrawny
Hair
Blonde, medium length

Threads

When D'hys counted himself as unsavory company X'siar couldn't help but huff a little, partly annoyed that he hadn't gotten to say it himself, but pleased that at least the bluerider knew. He smirked a little and shook his head. "I've been a bit busy trying to do what I can and help with the new Weyrs to get that much company, unsavory or otherwise. But it's been nice to see the other Weyrs a bit more in person at least."

Mostly he'd been to High Reaches, but there had been the occasional run to Igen to check on things, or to a nearby Hold to hand someone a letter in person. And while Solenath couldn't carry anything with her front claws very well, she could carry a good sized load if it was attached well enough to her straps. Not that he could do much loading on his own most of the time with his arm, but he was good at making sure things were secure and tied on well at least if he had help.

And speaking of that arm he couldn't help but sigh a little, putting on a bigger show of annoyance than he felt as D'hys called it out. X'siar blinked as he took the little ball with his right hand out of habit, tilting his hand as he listened to the bluerider explain it. "Oh, that could actually be nice," he softly said to himself as he transferred the ball carefully to his left hand and stared at it while he focused on manipulating it with his fingers. It wasn't a particularly strenuous exercise but it felt like something that would help, especially on bad days when he couldn't trust himself with using a heavier weight.

"I do still try to exercise it regularly... and on good days I can even lift the same amount of weight as I can with my right, just not for as long. Just been having a few annoyances lately." Like when a brownrider came over and it got awkwardly pinned beneath him because he couldn't move it in time. Without any objection X'siar kept fiddling with the ball as he used his right hand to pull his shirt up and over his head before moving it down around his left arm to fully clear it.

The mention of said brownrider made him raise gaze to D'hys and lift an eyebrow though, his hand dropping the ball for a moment. He carefully picked it back up from the bed to move to his pocket for now. "A fine line huh? And you're just bossing around brownriders now?"

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

"I do not 'boss people around'; I strongly suggest things, which is nothing new. Some brownriders have been in need of that motivation for years," D'hys pointed out as he grabbed the jar of oil from its designated spot. X'siar was far too organised and it didn't surprise D'hys that his young friend had noticed the missing hair clip so quickly. Everything had a place and if it was missing or put somewhere else, it stood out.

A dollop of oil was poured into his palm and the jar set back in the proper location. D'hys spread the substance between his hands, heating it in the process for added comfort when the massage began. "V'lis is trouble, X'siar," he began his warning as his hands began working the agitated muscle. Using the honorific was also intentionally done to show he was serious, avoiding any pet names that may lead the greenrider to think he was just a concerned friend or that it wasn't anything to actually worry about. "I let him run minor errands for me at times to keep him out of some trouble but he's not someone I want near people that Zeianth or I are fond of." He could have said the green pair was important to them but D'hys didn't want to give his original princess a larger ego.

His fingers worked deeper over the muscles now that he had made his way down and then back up in a lighter touch to relax X'siar. "I warned him I would not be pleased if he came around you again. As for you," D'hys paused in his work so a hand could grab X'siar's chin so they could make proper eye contact. "I don't want you seeking out the brownrider because a bluerider told you not to. He's gaining a nasty reputation if you want a second opinion but if nothing else, never accept a drink from him." One of his gossip collectors had thought a conversation they overheard about drinks spiked with that obnoxious sex drug had been about V'lis but D'hys hadn't been all that interested at the time to look further into it. Perhaps it was time since that was a while ago and a pattern may have emerged.

His focus went back to the massage with both thumbs working in hard small circles as they walked their way from elbow to wrist. "Now, more importantly--how are you doing?" With his shirt off, D'hys had a good view of torso and face and couldn't see any evidence of bruising or swelling which made the urge to kill V'lis recede, if only slightly.

X'siar
of Green Solenath

Date of Birth
715.03.28, 29
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Scrawny
Hair
Blonde, medium length

Threads

"Uh huh." X'siar rolled his eyes a little bit as D'hys commented about how he strongly suggested things. "Though I suppose some of them do need a bit of motivation..." No matter how many people villainized brownriders, it was hard for him to even bring himself to make that particular comment. They were right behind bronze in the hierarchy after all, and sure a few of them had very publicly made some errors in judgment, but that surely didn't mean they all had to be cast in such a light.

It was a surprise to hear the bluerider use his honorific, and so X'siar quietly listened as he watched the hands sliding along his arm. It helped sometimes to watch, since frequently the sensations would feel distant and confusing. Watching could sometimes force his brain to draw the connection that the limb was still attached to him. "Minor errands?" He softly muttered the phrase, scoffing at the idea of sending a brown on minor errands. Then again he supposed V'lis had been a young brownrider, Sol had even commented on his dragon's age.

Staring at his arm was helping so far, and he winced slightly as he felt the firmer digging of those fingers before they went back to lighter presses. As soon as his chin was grabbed he blinked at D'hys with wide eyes and a confused frown. At first he'd thought about objecting, but the added warning to never accept a drink made him reconsider. That was a very specific sort of warning, and one that he decided to heed as he nodded. "I won't bother with him then."

At least the massage was starting up again, and X'siar began to relax a bit more into it. He could try to guess at the bluerider's motives for helping him, remember all of the hearts he'd seen the man break once upon a time, but it was too easy and too pleasant to just brush those thoughts aside and enjoy the company and the pampering. "I'm doing well enough. Solenath is excited about High Reaches and Igen and has enjoyed poking around those whenever we go. Mostly I've been helping to clean and other light duties. It's been interesting. I'm not sure if I'll transfer when they open. Taxalorn is here after all and I'm not sure if his mother is going to want to keep him with her or give him up."

X'siar let out a soft hiss that melted into a sigh as the pressure from the massage suddenly intensified as the sensitivity in his arm improved and he gave his fingers a quick flex and wiggle. Massages didn't always work, but somehow D'hys of all people seemed to have a decent success rate with them. It made him smile as he turned his attention back to the man's face. "What about you? How have you been?"

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Some parts of his past were easy enough to find out but that still didn't mean D'hys liked talking about the years before Katila was opened. X'siar would be thrilled to know some more little tidbits and the fact that Zeianth wanted to share with Solenath had him agreeing some stories wouldn't hurt. Zeianth took the permission for what it was by telling happy stories but D'hys held off, instead going with the polite counter question of his well-being. He explained he'd been well and also keeping busy with the new Weyrs, though he wasn't always on the rotation for cleaning. "Sometimes Weyrleader R'nya has me doing some investigations on people that want to transfer in or out of Fort since he and the Second have a lot to balance right now." Being the pet bluerider for the Fort leadership also wasn't a secret but, again, X'siar would appreciate being confided in and the show of respect he had for R'nya.

"I'm originally from Igen Weyr. I've considered moving back but to be completely honest with you, there are far too many memories I don't want haunting me. My mother was a greenrider and died there during the plague. I also had a sister." Not that he was hiding from X'siar's expression, but D'hys kept his head lowered as he focused on finishing the arm massage so he could move onto working the hand with deep thumb presses into the palm and stretching each finger. "I've also grown attached to Fort Weyr and like the leaders there so I don't think I'll transfer."

He paused as he thought about the bronzeriders and the influence he had on them. "How has it been under Weyrleader M'ris? Perhaps you should follow him to High Reaches." M'ris was getting a little unstable since the constant attacks on his family began but he was still a bronzerider D'hys had some blackmail on, as old as it was. Given both of those facts, maybe it was best to encourage X'siar to go to Igen after all. "But I think you would enjoy Igen. It's a dry heat but your arm responds better to warmth and it could be a good place for you. Zeianth is also currently telling Solenath about his favourite spots to sun and all about the views." K'dar would be a lot easier to control through his enjoyment of pain. It would be easy enough to get the young man to keep an eye on X'siar and Solenath for him.

X'siar
of Green Solenath

Date of Birth
715.03.28, 29
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Scrawny
Hair
Blonde, medium length

Threads

"It's nice that he still holds you in such high regard and that you're keeping busy," X'siar said with a nod. He remembered the bluerider having a certain level of rapport with the Weyrleader back when he'd lived in Fort, but it was good to hear that was still the case, and that the bluerider wasn't letting it get to his head. "Though I suppose it does make sense for you to occasionally pass on tasks to brownriders sometimes since you work so closely with leadership."

Yes, that made more sense than merely strongly suggesting things and intimidating brownriders in his mind. X'siar tilted his head for a moment as he wondered if he already knew that D'hys was from Igen. It was possible, he'd heard a lot of things since he'd become a dragonrider, and he'd had plenty of conversations with the bluerider before too, though admittedly sometimes he'd just quietly listen to the lounge without really paying attention.

"It makes sense why you don't want to go back," he said with a small frown and nod. His own mother had survived the plague only to die in exile, leaving him with just his father. He barely remembered her, but it was enough to make him not terribly fond of the jungle. It did make him wonder how his brother was though. Maybe he'd try to find out later.

The question about Weyrleader M'ris made him cringe slightly. X'siar did not want to say anything ill of the man, but things had been a bit tense in Benden Weyr. "He has been quite stressed, but understandably so considering all that he and the Weyrwoman have gone through so recently. I think he is eager for a change." He just wasn't sure if it would be a good change with everything shaking up and all of the transfers and new leaders stepping in.

The suggestion to move to Igen made sense, though he still wasn't sure about going to such an inexperienced leader. "I don't know much about Bronzerider K'dar, other than hearing about his recent... incidents." It was impressive how his dragon had survived so much, but was that any indication of the quality of the man? I wouldn't be here without you, perhaps there is something to it. Oh! But Zeianth has told me all about the best view to watch the sunset, we should check next time we're there.

That brought an easy smile back to X'siar's face. "Sol already wants to see what the sunset looks like from a certain vantage point." Though if the Weyr really did hold bad memories for D'hys then it probably meant he wouldn't be paying him very many unannounced visits. Not that visits were commonplace as it was. Still, he couldn't help but smirk a little in amusement as he said, "Sending me away to Igen and the chaos of an untested Weyrleader just so you won't be tempted to visit me hm? I see how it is."

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

"Or maybe I'm sending you to Igen to show how important you are. A reason to bring me back there that is stronger than the memories." It wasn't entirely a line. X'siar and Solenath were important to Zeianth and him but they weren't needed as an excuse to go to Igen. With K'dar in charge, D'hys knew he would be making house calls as the Weyrleader wouldn't be able to travel as freely as a simple bronzerider. M'ris was unreliable now and N'mor was too proud and had a hatred of blueriders that was harder to shake than X'siar's so it was left to keeping R'nya and K'dar in his clutches. He had never tried with J'zaq but Casa was the real brain and power in that pairing and that lordling she associated with kept D'hys on his guard and cautious.

"While I may not be ready to live there again just yet, visiting a friend would be a nice way to ease myself back into the Weyr. Zeianth and I can show you and Solenath around. There are a lot of hidden secrets and gems there." He also wanted to make sure the kid didn't somehow end up in his or his mom's old weyrs. He would need to speak with K'dar about those weyrs and who should and should not be in them and where X'siar should be assigned. His rank as an injured greenrider only good to be a courier would see him on a higher ledge but even that could have benefits for views and sunlight.

D'hys laughed lightly and shook his head. "I fear I'm getting ahead of myself and thinking about what we could do when you haven't even decided if you want to transfer." He finished the full massage with one wiggling pull on X'siar's pinky finger and then did a little flourish of his own hands, as if he did a magic trick. "Should I do the other side as well?n If you're overusing it, it may be tense or strain again."

X'siar
of Green Solenath

Date of Birth
715.03.28, 29
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Scrawny
Hair
Blonde, medium length

Threads

The most frustrating thing was knowing that he was being manipulated in some fashion, but also completely falling for it despite that. X'siar tried to give D'hys a look to show that he was absolutely not amused by the tactic, and yet all he could do was just give the man a small smile. "Well... we'll see. Those little secrets and gems might be interesting." Really he was actually quite curious and looking forward to seeing what all D'hys knew.

He just wasn't about to admit that yet. Besides, there was a chance that Solenath would manage to get more than enough information out of Zeianth to keep them quite entertained even if his rider didn't want to share. The laugh from the bluerider as he admitted to getting ahead of himself did make X'siar smile and relax a bit more though and he nodded. "You are, but it does sound appealing. I'll probably try to give it a longer visit sometime soon to take a better look around and see how we like it."

X'siar flexed his hand and marveled at how easy it was to maneuver, or rather how easy it felt to maneuver. "You were always so good with your hands. If you wanted to do the right one maybe you could. Maybe get my back too..." He couldn't help but eye the bluerider for a moment and once he realized what he was doing he was torn between being embarrassed and annoyed with himself or just letting it slide since the visit had gone quite well.

He still hadn't decided by the time the blush caught up to his cheeks and cast the vote for him. After he tore his gaze away X'siar let out a soft chuckle. "Sorry. It feels silly to be embarrassed about it. You just do a good job of taking care of me without making me feel terrible for it." Despite that embarrassment, he still glanced over at D'hys and reached out with his left hand to give the man a quick squeeze.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)