World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.09.04 | Catching Up
1:30pm | A'tay, possibly other sibs

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Tiberuth let out a pleased rumble as they popped in the skies over Ista Weyr. If we have enough time we could go to Igen afterwards. K'dar couldn't help but laugh as they made their slow descent. Again? It hadn't been that long since their last little trip to scout the area, and they would certainly be there more often as time went on to work on the cleanup efforts and organize things, and then ultimately they'd be living there.

The bronze huffed in response. We weren't there for long enough, we should ensure that we are the most familiar with our Weyr and the surrounding terrain. It was a fair point, even if he knew Tiberuth really just wanted to make sure he knew all of the best spots to lounge and soak up the sun and lord over the territory. That is all very clearly just a benefit of becoming familiar with the area.

It was a fair point so K'dar only chuckled in response as they made their way to Xyxyth's ledge. Once Tiber's leathers were off, he turned to give his brother's bronze a smile and then a hug. "Hey Xy. It's good to see you. Hopefully you're excited about Igen too. I'd ask how A'tay is doing but I should probably just go in and see him."

After one more gentle pat to the bronze's side he started to make his way into the weyr to find his brother. "Hey, you don't look all that bad for someone who's been poisoned. Good thing you had Zelly around." He hadn't even known that she knew any sort of healing, but he was increasingly glad that his brother had met Zelana. And speaking of, he frowned a little as he asked, "How is she doing?" K'dar had heard that she was expected to recover, but that was a vague report at best, and part of him wondered if they were just trying to spare him from worrying about another family tragedy.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
A’tay smiled to himself as he heard Tiberuth land out on the ledge and felt the excitement from Xyxyth. While his dragon may have also preferred the ladies, he was fond of A’tay’s siblings and was always ready for hugs and affection. Reaching through their bond a little more, A’tay knew K’dar was in an affectionate and good mood which only further lifted his own spirits. It wasn’t that he expected the older man to shove all of his heartbreak aside and move on, but it was good to have some of K’dar back to his old optimistic self.

When K’dar made it inside, A’tay was at the cooking fire, stirring in the last of the vegetables he had sliced up. An earlier visit with Zelly had her listing ingredients for a comfort stew that she promised was full of healing magic if prepared right. So his kind gesture of making something for her was now loaded with pressure even though he knew she was teasing him and would enjoy it no matter how he cut the carrots. Still, he wanted to get it simmering and thickening up nicely before bringing it down to her later that evening.

“I don’t really feel like someone who was poisoned either. I know how lucky I was, especially when I think about Orgailian.” Their younger brother had scared them all when he was in the infirmary with how close to death he had come and his slow recovery. Even now he was still a cause for concern for a lot of them but A’tay knew not to push Orgailian too much since he could be contrary just for the fun of it. Orgailian also had enough self-love and arrogance that he wouldn’t let himself waste away.

A’tay waved for K’dar to grab a seat as he set the large wooden spoon aside and came around to join him. “And Zelly’s doing better but she’s already getting antsy and trying to do more than she should. I’m worried she’ll end up prolonging her time in the infirmary.” Not that he could blame her as even he would get bored confined to one place for so long. At least she was allowed to walk around the room now but A’tay knew what activities Zelly would prefer to do and had to make deals with her for what they would get up to when she was released if she continued to behave. “She’d probably love if you stopped by for a visit later.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

It was really good to see that his brother seemed to be doing well, able to smile, cook, just do normal things. It was quite a relief, made it easier to relax and believe that things were going okay. It was a hope to cling to, especially considering everything that had happened in the past few months. He took a quick peek at what A'tay was cooking. "Smells good. And yeah, very lucky. I'd rather not see any of you badly hurt again."

He resisted the urge to pull his brother into a hug since he was busy, and instead asked, "How is Gail doing? Is he still a skinny little jerk?" He took a seat and nodded as he listened to the update about Zelana. It made sense that she'd be trying to get up to things already. He smiled a little as he said, "I'll be sure to stop by and check in with her though. Give her a bit of variety to her usual visitors. I remember how stir crazy I was feeling in the infirmary, and she seems a bit more lively and active in general. I'm glad that she's at least feeling good enough to want to get out. I'm sure Zelly will be out of the infirmary soon enough."

And A'tay wouldn't have to feel any of that terrible grief. Granted K'dar didn't know how close the two of them were. He eyed his brother and future weyrsecond for a moment and with a straight face asked, "So, are you two just waiting until you get to Igen to try for a kid? Or should I expect to get a nephew or niece out of Zory first?"

He couldn't keep it together for very long though before he grinned and shook his head. "Sorry, sorry. I was just joking. Hopefully you're at least looking forward to Igen a little bit. I can't go scaring off my future second. Hopefully Zelly is excited about the move too. I know she likes the beach, but I'm sure we'll find something for her to do there that she'll enjoy."

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

“He’s still skinny but he’s not that bad,” at least A’tay had never truly been on the receiving end of Orgailian’s blunt comments and what he witnessed was never that bad either. “But he seems… ‘calmer’ isn’t the right word but not as snarky, I guess, since getting a private room with Zoremet. Maybe it’s his new writing project he’s working on.” Whatever the reason, their brother wasn’t making multiple people miserable on a daily basis lately. He supposed it could also be nearly dying giving Orgailian a new outlook on life but A’tay was more inclined to believe he was just distracted and focusing on other things.

A’tay smiled, glad Zelana would have another visitor to entertain her for a bit but it froze in place the more K’dar spoke and his eyes went wide with horror. Not even his mom asked him about kids! “Zelly and I don’t have any plans for children but thank you for asking.” He wouldn’t mind being a dad one day in the future but it wasn’t going to be any time soon and A’tay knew it wouldn’t be with Zelly. The look of horror continued to hold even as K’dar apologised for joking around with him and A’tay tried to offer a little smile in return to show it was fine but it had only added to his stress.

He was already convinced that K’dar wanted T’ryn for his Second but it was impossible to do thanks to Syrendryth and Bedith being mates. The only way around that would be to have Mulrissa move to Igen as Weyrwoman which would then take T’ryn and Cazan as well. It made sense to send an experienced leader to a new Weyr but A’tay could also see S’far having a fit at losing two golds and two bronzes. So K’dar went with the back-up copy of T’ryn. A’tay wanted to be flattered and had even started to think that one day he could take a leadership role but it was too soon! He wasn’t prepared and would only be a disappointment. But too many people were excited for him and K’dar was relying on him so he hadn’t fought that hard to turn down the offer that was really more of an order anyway.

“I told Zelly she didn’t have to move. Like you said, she loves the beach and I think she genuinely has a found a home here.” And his promotion was ruining that as well. Everyone believed them to be weyrmates since he told her long ago she could live with him since she was visiting so much anyway. If she stayed, she’d have to move back to the barracks or find someone else to live with and who knew what kind of rumours would spark. On the other hand, some of her friends would be relocating, like some of his brothers. “But she says she’s excited for the move and Orgailian and Zoremet are putting in to make Igen their main home so she’ll have some friends still.” He couldn’t wait to start getting into the paperwork portion of the set-up so he could look through the transfers and see who would be in their Weyr. Hopefully some friends from other Weyrs would show up on the list to help make the move easier for Zelana.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh come on, it wasn't that terrible was it?" K'dar couldn't help but chuckle at his brother's reaction to the baby question. "Look, I won't ask again. At least about you and Zelly." He politely did not bring up that having a baby didn't really seem very high on the woman's list of goals or priorities, especially considering how much fun she had sleeping around. Zelana really enjoyed sex, and was very... personally liberated in that regard as he'd personally found out while trying to get some recipes out of her. So long as his brother was happy though, K'dar didn't care what either of them did. And if she was willing to give up her beach to stay with his brother then it seemed safe to assume that she was at least somewhat happy too.

Hearing that two of his siblings were going to be joining them in Igen made him momentarily excited. "Both Gail and Zory? That's..." his smile faltered for a moment as he considered. "That's a lot of us in one place. With everything going on and the fruit baskets, it might draw attention, or more attempts." One by one he cracked his knuckles for a moment as he thought a bit and then nodded. "Actually, this should be fine I think. Most of us would be in only two Weyrs. Even if there are more attacks, we should be better able to look out for each other at the very least." That thought helped him relax a little bit and he settled back in his chair.

"Even with everything going on I'm still excited and hopeful about the move. And a bit surprised that S'far was willing to back me as Weyrleader for Igen. I'm glad that I get to have you along with me though. T is great at making wing rosters and organizing, but I'm pretty sure he'd end up trying to kill me in my sleep for being so disorganized." K'dar looked A'tay in the eye and quickly added, "I am getting better about that." No need to make his brother regret the promotion.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay knew K’dar had a lot on his mind from the attacks, losing Weslyn, and the promotion so he politely didn’t point out some flaws in his logic. Currently, their family lived neatly divided between Ista and Telgar and that didn’t seem to make them any safer. Sure, it could be argued that Zory and Gail were attacked while in Benden but was that a targeted attack or randomly selected? Given what they knew now, it was probably targeted. But they would be spread out over three Weyrs next year, maybe four if Xendrin decided to try living further north again though that was unlikely.

Despite his apprehensions over his promotion, A’tay was still excited about the final Weyrs opening and finally let it show to his brother. He laughed instead of fretting over T’ryn being first choice, even! “Good to hear. I can only work so many miracles in a day,” he laughed a little longer before shaking his head to get rid of the images of drowning in papers left strewn everywhere. “But I am glad Telgar is helping us since we get to steal T’ryn for a bit. I heard he’s been working on the rosters and almost has it finished so we can start cleaning up Igen soon.” A’tay was willing to bet T’ryn was basing the groups on strengths, weaknesses, and even who got along or worked well together. Had he helped M’ris organise something when they were preparing Benden as well? This was why T’ryn deserved his promotion. What had he done other than be nice to their adoptive brother?

“And I know it’s early but I have an idea I want to run by you.” A’tay hesitated, biting his lip as he stared at the table. Confidence, Xyxyth whispered, giving him a mental nudge to speak up. You’re a Weyrsecond now so you have to be able to speak up and discuss things with your Weyrleader. It’s K’dar! It’s even easier. A’tay managed to look up but kept his gaze more on K’dar’s mouth than eyes, which was good enough. “Lazerat, Zelly’s brother, isn’t happy in his life and they always joke about him running away, though it doesn’t sound like he wants to be a Candidate. But I want to offer him a home in Igen with us. Maybe literally since my new weyr will have a spare bedroom. I know he likes the outdoors, though I don’t know how good he is at hunting or fishing but maybe we can get him trained up and he can be put on outings. He has a little sailing experience so we can even look into fishing boats dedicated to the Weyr.” Zelana had done so much for him and he could see how close the siblings were so he wanted to try and give Lazerat a way into the Weyr without having to Stand.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"S'far has been very supportive. I think it's because he feels lucky that he gets to keep three golds." That and the Telgar Weyrleader just seemed very... fatherly. Considering how K'dar didn't know who his real father was, it had been nice to have him to look up to. It served as a nice supplement to having R'nd as an adoptive father. "I should probably stop by and talk to Casa while I'm here since..."

K'dar frowned, brow furrowing for a moment as he began to frantically check his earlier sibling math. He sighed, rubbing his hand through his hair as he let out a soft chuckle. "Well... I guess at least one of the siblings will still be spread out anyway. She's definitely not going to be moving. Ah well. At least I'll have a couple of the bigger troublemakers with me." Not that Zory really made trouble, it was more that trouble just happened to have a very easy time sneaking up on him while he was distracted. Though with Orgailian possibly calming down since becoming his roommate, maybe the two of them would be good for each other.

He tilted his head curiously when A'tay mentioned he had an idea. "Oh? Well let's hear it!" K'dar smiled, taking it as a good sign of his new second's enthusiasm. Though once he heard the idea the smile faded slightly as he raised an eyebrow and considered. Had he met Zelana's brother at all? He probably had in passing at a hatching party, he was sure. Maybe one of the dinners she'd cooked for? He wasn't too familiar with the man either way, but that was fine. If A'tay liked him enough to ask for this he was probably a decent enough man. Though without knowing if he was any good at hunting, it seemed almost silly to try and dedicate time to training him up when they would have so many other things to work on at the same time. Don't take too long to answer or he'll think you hate the idea.

"Sorry, just thinking," K'dar quickly said aloud before giving A'tay another smile. "So, he likes being outdoors, but you don't know if he's good at hunting or fishing. We probably shouldn't send him out into the desert then, not for a while at least. The river isn't too far, so using boats for major supply movements could be a good idea. We can chat with him about some possibilities, I'm sure we can figure something out and also get him his own quarters. You might need that spare room for something else one day after all." And if something happened between Tay and Zelly, there wouldn't be any additional awkwardness trying to figure out one more person's living situation.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay nodded as K'dar pointed out all the flaws in his idea. It hadn't been well thought out and it showed now. His cheeks started to burn with embarrassment at presenting such a thing and now he felt like a failure. K'dar had briefly been so excited to hear what he had come up with and A'tay had let him down. He was further ashamed to admit he didn't even know that much about Lazerat to assume his ideas would be welcomed. For all he knew, Lazerat was now married and fully tied to the Hold. He didn't think so as Zelly would definitely have said something about that but he didn't know for sure.

Maybe a supply ship escort or put on rotation for guard duty at the ground entrance could work. If Lazerat wanted to live in the Weyr. He didn't even know that for certain! Maybe the man just wanted to run away and live in an old Thread shelter and live off the land. How could he help make decisions over what was best for thousands of people when he couldn't even get it right for one man? He shouldn't have said anything.

And K'dar was back to hinting about kids. He was worse than the parents of some of his friends. A'tay didn't know how to gently break it to him that he and Zelly were never going to have kids together because it wasn't in her life plans and he just wasn't ready. So he ignored that as well and tried for playfully picking on his brothers. "Yeah, Orgailian might decide he wants that room." He had brought that brother along on a little scouting the day before and they noted the Candidate barracks had basically the same layout as Ista so a shared room with Zoremet could still be had. But A'tay had a feeling Orgailian would push him and K'dar as far as he could to see what the limits were.

He had planned on taking Zory after getting the stew together but with K'dar visiting everyone, maybe they could put it off until tomorrow.Or maybe K'dar could keep Orgailian and Xendrin out of mischief long enough for him to take Zory on the trip. "I took Orgailian with me to look at the Weyr yesterday. I was going to bring Zory by today, maybe even explore a little more. I feel like I haven't done much with him lately and it would do us both good. If you don't mind distracting the others, I might even get out of being accused of favoritism." He didn't want to have that conversation with any of his siblings, especially since he was already abusing his rank by making trips to the Weyr now that he was technically a leader of it, abandoned still or not. It would be bustling with people soon enough and a little quiet exploration wouldn't be possible then.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar did his best to try and give A'tay a reassuring smile. "A'tay, I think it's an interesting idea. You should follow up on it, find out what he's good at and what he'd be interested in doing, and then let me know what you think." Hopefully his brother wouldn't think he was pandering to him, he really did want to explore the idea more, but he had a feeling that if he just said that A'tay wouldn't believe him. It was fine, his brother would get there soon enough.

He did have to laugh when he mentioned Gail trying to take the room. "Don't let him push you into taking that room. Maybe you'll want it as a guest room or workshop for your woodworking. I might actually set up a proper library in mine even if I set it up as a designated space for hosting visitors. I'm not sure yet. I don't know how easily I'll be able to get more books now that my supplier won't need me to give him rides anymore. I'll just have to get what I can from him when I help move his wife."

Before Tiberuth could try to remind him that he'd wanted to go explore the Weyr, K'dar just nodded. "Sure, I can check up on those two and keep them distracted. Tiber wanted to explore a bit too, but I'll set aside time to do it tomorrow or the day after if we run out of time to do it after we're done here." I'll make sure we still get out there enough you'll know all of the best spots to either bask in or hide from the sun. The bronze gave a small mental huff, and though he acted like these were great secrets he'd already told Xyxyth about the spots he'd found and his current favorites.

"Well let's go find Zory and tell him that he gets to go on a trip. Just send Shadow... or I guess Pit if he's not up for it, when you're finishing up so that I know when it's safe to abandon them to visit some other people. I'd send Tibs, but... ah we're stuck on no give only take right now. We'll get it eventually. He's still young." K'dar reached down to pat on the pocket of his jacket and wake the sleepy little flitter up. The bronze stuck its head up and out and blinked at A'tay for a moment curiously and chirped. "Yep, that's right, that's A'tay, Tibs. He's my Second, and one of my brothers. He's a good one remember?" The flitter chirped and climbed out of the pocket and up onto his shoulder to get a better look at the blonde.

Reaching up to give Tibs a pat, K'dar nodded. "Well let's go find some brothers, shall we?"

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)