World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.09.05 | Persistence is Key
3pm | K'tir

Ojassa
of Gold Quayleth

Date of Birth
18.04.712, 32
Height
5'6"
Eyes
brown
Build
Thin, Soft
Hair
Red

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Despite Quayleth's Flight being won by a brown this time, Ojassa had to admit that she was rather pleased with the outcome, and more importantly was was the gold that was lazily lounging against Ghaeth. Twenty one eggs was the most the gold had ever had. Granted it only broke the previous record by one, but it was still an improvement, and assuming all of the babies inside were healthy, the pair of them would stay happy. And really the rumors weren't that bad either, with the worst she'd heard being that Quayleth had let the brown win out of pity for his rider. The gold was always quick to snort and dismiss such notions whenever they were brought up in her presence.

Mirroring her dragon a bit, Ojassa was lazily leaned back against K'tir as she went through one of the supply ledgers that she helped the Weyrwoman with. "I think," she lazily said after a moment, her cadence unrushed and her tone unworried in the slightest, "that you may have failed to impregnate me." She paused to write down a few notes before lightly licking a finger and turning the page to review the next set of records.

"I do recall that it took quite a bit of convincing to get you to agree to that in the first place," she continued at that same pace. The goldrider only had the rest of the page to finish and she muttered a small apology as she tried to get it done. "Sorry, I'm trying to get this bit of book keeping done so that I can properly enjoy the rest of my day. Thank you again for your company, by the way."

She traced a finger down the ledger's rows, scribbled the last bit of her notes down and with a satisfied huff of air through her nose she closed the ledger and set it aside. "There, all done. Now, my question is," she paused to tip her head back, eyebrow raised as she watched his face. "Are you willing to give it another try?"

PA - First Post!

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Despite having a year to adjust to his lack of vision and changing habits, K’tir still glanced in the direction of someone talking, even when they were pressed up against him. Ojassa got the reaction she no doubt wanted from him as surprise registered on his face before frowning at her. He truthfully didn’t know where they had ended up on the topic of having a child together. He had initially been excited at the idea and after coming down from the flightlust, realised it would be an awful idea. Ojassa had done her best to convince him it would be fine and he’d gone back and forth on it but it didn’t seem to matter now.

“I’m always willing to have sex with a beautiful woman,” K’tir allowed with a grin but it faded quickly enough. “But Ghaeth is the one of good stock, not me. You should find someone else to help you build your family.” K’tir didn’t truly believe in curses but some days it felt like he had a handful on him. Surely Ojassa could do a lot better than him. What kind of father would he be anyway? Not that Ojassa wanted a man in her life to influence her children. He didn’t know what she was up to but she had very specific ideas and that had been one of the initial issues with her proposition.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ojassa
of Gold Quayleth

Date of Birth
18.04.712, 32
Height
5'6"
Eyes
brown
Build
Thin, Soft
Hair
Red

Threads

"A good answer so far," Ojassa said in amusement, unable to help the smile as the blind man called her beautiful. Sure he had seen her before he lost his sight, but it was still fun to think that she could be beautiful enough even a blind man could tell. Though he had definitely touched her enough to get an idea of her shape and features she supposed.

She waved away at the comment about his dragon being of good stock and not the man. "I'm sure Ghaeth wouldn't have chosen you if you were a poor specimen. Something about you appealed to him enough and right now Quayleth seems to find that an absolutely glowing review of your credentials. That and the fact that you've been filled with enough concerns and doubt to keep waffling on the matter is actually comforting. It shows you care enough to worry about the things that could go wrong. And that you know that things can sometimes not go according to plan with children. It's daunting. Tassy is getting older, looking forward to when he'll be able to Stand for clutches, and starting to get to the age where he's wanting to ask a man questions instead of me. I'm sure Jas isn't far behind... and I find myself having my own doubts about how well I've done so far for them."

Ojassa wasn't sure if K'tir would even be willing to talk to adolescent boys and answer their questions at all, though she also didn't know if the boys would want to talk to him in the first place. Tassadrin had thought it was impressive that K'tir's brown had caught Quayleth, and while Jasandian thought it was interesting that he was blind, his favorite color was blue and for some reason that meant riders of other colors weren't particularly exciting. Ah to be nine and have such confidence in one's whims.

She chuckled softly at the thought and reached up to gently tap a finger on K'tir's chin. "At least you're handsome. I may still take you to bed anyway even if decline. You'll just have to remember to take me on a ride between afterwards. I'm sure Ghaeth can convince Quayleth to allow it."

PA - First Post!

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The mention of her sons added further to his hesitation. He had been in the Weyrs long enough to know it wasn’t polite to ask who someone’s father was since dragonriders didn’t have to acknowledge their offspring or have a hand in raising them. He also knew enough had died in the landslide that was also a tricky question that could bring up emotions and memories better left at rest. But K’tir believed the father, or fathers, had been given the same proposition he had received and they weren’t in the picture. It was probably a bluerider—they didn’t care if they abandoned loved ones for their next whim.

It was that attitude that made K’tir want to be a father to his own children and what still drove him now. It added to his conflict about needing to be there for a child but knowing he would be useless, especially for the first several years when vision was an asset for keeping others alive. But Ojassa wanted to be the main parenting force and didn’t that work out best for a blind man? She had previously stated he wouldn’t have to be cut out entirely but it was preferred if he didn’t try to counter what she did. There was appeal in the offer and the more he thought on it, the more it did make sense.

He ran a hand through his hair, fingers catching briefly on some curls. He hadn’t bothered to tie back his hair that day despite knowing he would be sitting in the Hatching grounds for a while. The heat didn’t bother him, it was why he had chosen to move to and stay in Ista. There was something comforting about the humidity and hot sun. “Maybe I can be available to your sons if they have questions,” he offered, deciding to start with the easier part. He didn’t have all the answers but he was confident he could help two boys based on his own personal experiences and raising Kajiran.

“And I think…” he hesitated for a breath. Was this really a smart idea? Would this make him no better than a bluerider? “I think we could try again. I’m in no position to be deeply involved in raising our child but I would have your word that I could still see him or her on occasion.” Logically he knew raising a kid wouldn’t fix everything wrong in his life but it might give him a purpose again and feel less like a pity party. His book club was helping but maybe he was ready for more than only reading and sex again—not that he intended on replacing either of those hobbies.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ojassa
of Gold Quayleth

Date of Birth
18.04.712, 32
Height
5'6"
Eyes
brown
Build
Thin, Soft
Hair
Red

Threads

"Really? You'd do that for my boys? I'll be sure to let them know." Ojassa smiled, happy to just have an option available for her boys. Even if Jasandian never talked to him she was reasonably sure that her oldest would probably want to chat with K'tir at least a little bit. Hopefully if Jas did end up talking to him he wouldn't be a pest and only ask about his blindness.

There was one thing she was hesitant about though. "If they do end up going to you with questions... I would just ask to be informed. I don't need details if they aren't anything important or anything that won't get them hurt, but just knowing they're talking to you about something would make me worry a bit less, and help me at least exhibit a bit more confidence in them. I know they require their privacy and a bit of their own agency to encourage independence and growth, but I don't think I'll ever stop fretting about them at least a little."

Ojassa raised an eyebrow in surprise when K'tir finally answered her original question. "Oh, really?" She had been fully expecting to just playfully sigh and suggest they go have a bit of fun anyway, and depending on the mood when they'd finished, maybe she'd just forget to remind him to take her on that ride between afterwards. To hear him, even hesitantly, say that they could give it another try made her pause a moment herself as she thought through her plans again.

"Of course I'd let you have time with your child on occasion." Likely there would be more opportunities than that, but she didn't want to accidentally spin an idealistic yarn for the man since she couldn't predict the future. There was a chance that she'd hate everything about his parenting style or he'd hate everything about hers, but she would just have to see how things went. "Children are delightful little mysteries full of potential, so we'll just have to see how things go."

With a smile she got up, moving around to gently take his hands and help him up before she grabbed her ledgers and notebook. "So let's see how things go and have a bit of fun while we try to get there in the first place. Your weyr or mine?"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)