World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace
1pm | Mylorah

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
You don't have to worry. I've been doing my stretches, my exercises. The swimming has been good too. K'dar nodded, no real emotion evident on his face as he looked down from the rocky point normally used for weyrlings to take their first mounted flights from. He wasn't particularly worried, even as he sat perched atop Tiberuth. It wasn't a terribly dangerous point normally, but the dragons who used it were younger and in good health, not recovering from a very bad fall themselves with a stiff wing and tight chest.

It was an anxious concern that the dragon had not been willing to voice directly, but K'dar had picked up on it and had dragged himself out of bed to get his boy oiled up and his straps fastened as if nothing was wrong. That had sent another spike of concern and worry through Tiber, but the bronzerider had soothed it with a gentle hug before mounting up. He wasn't going to make his dragon take this first flight alone, even if it meant an added load. You're not that heavy, I can carry you. And I'm not nervous.

The corner of K'dar's lips twitched towards a small smile as he reached down and gave Tiber's neck a pat. On his shoulder, Tibs let out a tiny little roar and flared his wings out in support and excitement. "See? Tibs has the right idea. Are you going to show him how to fly or not?" Tiber huffed and stretched out his wings for a moment, giving them a tentative flap before he leapt from the point, unfurling them fully as he launched himself into the sky, his eyes whirling with excitement as they climbed. Even the bronzerider had to admit that it was thrilling, that there was something uplifting about being in the sky again and feeling alive. But he brushed the thought aside as he tried to focus on more serious matters.

Easy now, that joint is still tight. You don't want to pull it more. How's your breathing? K'dar could feel the ache every time Tiberuth breathed in, but it seemed better than it had, more of an annoyance than anything serious. Still, he wanted to know what the bronze thought himself, and also remind him that this was not the time to get reckless as they soared through the air. Tibs had his claws dug tightly into K'dar's shirt, wings spread out, gently shaking in the in the air as they flew, and with a soft chuckle, the bronzerider reached up to gently pet the flitter before encouraging him to settle down and just enjoy the ride.

After a few moments to think, Tiberuth took a sharp turn and his rider tightened his grip on the bronze just before they were all briefly upside down and spinning for a brief dizzying moment before leveling back out and settling in to a much more sedate soaring pace. I can breathe, the ache is worth it, and it is steadily improving. I can't get my wings to loosen if I don't use them. The bronze was back to haughty and confident, every remaining trace of his nerves having vanished. Sure he was still a little sore in spots, but that was nothing that he couldn't push past.

And if you push yourself to the point that you don't fully recover to catch anyone again? It was a silly notion, but Tiberuth relented a little bit. I will take it easy for now, but I expect you to fly with me more. You have been drowning yourself in work or sleeping, you haven't even unpacked for our new weyr. K'dar was going to object, but he could tell that Tiberuth was holding something back. He sighed. I'm fine with flying with you, Tiber. But what is it? What are you going to gripe at me about now?

A bit more gently the bronze answered, I just worry about you. I miss them too... but have you gone to see your sister? Your other siblings? We could go visit Ista perhaps. I'm sure I could make the trip. K'dar frowned, shoulders sinking slightly. He really hadn't gone to see anyone, and while he was sure they had paid him visits after the incident, he'd been so deep in his own despair he didn't really remember much of it even though it hadn't happened all that long ago. He gave Tiberuth a gentle pat, reassuring the bronze he wasn't upset with him for bringing it up. Without another word, Tiber began a lazy and slow descent, gradually wheeling down until landing on his new ledge.

K'dar gave the bronze another hug after he'd dismounted. "You go visit Neryseth and make sure she's doing well," he said as he got the straps removed. "I'm going to try and get some things unpacked, take a long bath, maybe find a different shirt to wear for when I go see how Mylorah is doing." Tiberuth let out a pleased grumble. Let me know when you go, I want to see her too. K'dar nodded before heading into his new weyr to try and pretend to be less depressed than his dragon thought he was.

He'd only gotten enough unpacked to find the shirt he wanted before the bath, and then he'd only waited a little longer to stare at himself in the mirror to make sure he didn't look like too much of a mess before he made his way towards the weyrling barracks to stop in for a visit. At least the shirt still fit him well enough, it had a bit of color in it and was nice enough he normally saved it for parties and small celebrations. He'd missed the Hatching Party, might as well wear it now.

Tiberuth was quick to join him, settling in just outside the barracks with K'dar as they waited for one of the assistants to track down his sister to see if she had some time for a visit. She might be busy. We should have probably given her more notice. Hush. I am sure it will be fine.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
They were sitting outside working on another round of oiling, with Mylorah humming softly to herself when Amagrith’s intense focus on something finally piqued her interest. “Are you going to share what has you so quiet?” Amagrith gave a little huff of annoyance but finally replied, You said that is for us to learn to fly from and he’s too big for it. Shouldn’t he already know how to fly? That was not at all something she expected for an answer and Mylorah finally turned to figure out what was going.

She gasped when Tiberuth was spotted and knew that was her brother mounting up. Were they really going to try flying again already? She was so scared for them that there hadn’t even been time to have a moment of relief over seeing K’dar outside and doing something. T’ryn tried to keep her updated on how he was doing but he usually ended up apologising because he didn’t have anything new to report other than K’dar ate a little food he was given and gave some mundane replies to questions. She loved him for trying and for taking care of K’dar for her since she was shackled to Amagrith now. Rude. “I wish you hadn’t picked up on that,” Mylorah grumbled but gave the chubby gold an affectionate pat with the oily cloth over a spot that seemed to itch still.

“Now watch them carefully. Tiberuth was injured saving gold Neryseth not too long ago and he hasn’t stretched his wings since.” Mylorah spoke softly as if her voice might distract the bronze pair. She also didn’t want to draw attention to them in case anything went wrong, though she wished she had Z’kel or L’ri there to hold hands with for a little comfort. But when Tiberuth lifted without issue and was soon flying with almost his usual grace, Mylorah gave a soft cheer and hugged Amagrith. They watched the bronze boys until it looked like Tiberuth was coming back to land. “Let’s head inside,” she urged and grabbed their supplies before shooing Amagrith inside. She knew K’dar enough to know that he wouldn’t want an audience for something so minor but she was also afraid she’d see her brother slip back into his lifeless state as soon as his feet touched the ground. Besides, she could pester Sh’rei for his opinion on Tiberuth and how he was progressing.

The poor bluerider was insisting he didn’t know all that much after the initial diagnosis that he had helped with because he had Impressed and had his own dragon to fuss over now when V’lia saved him to say K’dar was there to see her. Mylorah managed to blurt out her thanks before running through the room with Amagrith doing her best to keep up. She scanned the area as soon as she stepped outside and didn’t slow her pace when she saw her brother until she was steps from him and only enough that she wouldn’t send them both to the ground when she jumped him for a hug.

“Hi,” she whispered as she clung to him, afraid he wasn’t real or that he might run away again. She didn’t know what else to say anyway, but Amagrith did. She was sitting a few feet behind Mylorah and stared up at the large bronze dragon. You fly nicely. Mylorah said you were injured but it was very hard to tell from down here. One day we can fly together and I can properly see how well you move, though that would be very sad if you were still sore then.

Mylorah gave a light laugh as she finally moved away from K’dar so she could crouch beside Amagrith and place a kiss to the top of her head. “This is my little cream puff, Amagrith. And that’s my big brother K’dar and the wonderful Tiberuth.” Mylorah pointed to each when she introduced them even though it was pretty obvious who everyone was based off the types of names she doled out. “And she’s right. You were beautiful up there.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

For a brief moment, the amount of relief that K'dar saw on his sister's face was upsetting. Had he really seemed so hopeless that she was this excited to see him now? But he brushed by the thought, let himself smile anyway because she looked happy and that meant enough to let him feel it a bit too. He wrapped his arms tightly around her as he returned the hug, taking several deep breaths as he realized how long it had been since it felt like he'd actually seen anyone or done anything meaningful with someone he cared about. "Missed you."

Tiberuth let out a long and low rumble, happy to see at least some of those dark clouds lift for his rider, happy to see Mylorah again, and to finally meet her bonded. He peered down at the gold, pleased with the compliment. I look forward to seeing how you fly as well, I suspect you will have quite the talent for it if you are as graceful as Mylorah. He stretched out, lying down so that he was closer to Amagrith's level and not quite so looming. That and it let him stretch his head out just close enough to Mylorah that she could conveniently give him a pat and a hug if she wished.

K'dar smiled at the gold, getting a much better look at her in the light of day. "I met you very briefly when you first hatched," he said as he crouched down to get a closer look at the gold. "And you are probably one of the prettiest golds I've ever seen." He turned to Mylorah and smiled, "She's wonderful, and I'm so happy for you both." He turned back to marvel at her hide, studying the faint striping. "So many stripes and spots in this clutch. And... I think I remembered you had a friend Impress too?" He wasn't quite sure, he thought he'd seen some sort of report or mention about it.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah smiled brightly at Tiberuth and gave the dragon the hug she knew he was hoping for. "It really was good to see you up there again," she whispered while K'dar was chatting to Amagrith. She would say the same to her brother but she also wasn't sure if he was ready to hear such things or have it pointed out so many people were worried about him. Her greeting was probably a bit too strong but she couldn't help it. So emotions were running through her and she was convinced they were all being amplified by Amagrith--at least that was the excuse she was going to use if she suddenly burst into tears.

Amagrith was preening under the attention and the praise had her sitting up even straighter to give her best regal showing. Mylorah chuckled lightly against Tiberuth since she was content to hang onto the bronze a little longer as she wondered how that pose would look in the coming months. Maybe she would rival Bedith and Neryseth in how they held themselves. Malvayth had her moments of pretending she was a queen but it usually ended up slipping into something closer to a pirate queen. Then again, Amagrith could do that as well and it was starting to show as she seemed to be thinking deeply while staring at K'dar.

Mylorah startled at the mention of a friend Impressing and pushed away from Tiberuth so she could sit down and hopefully encourage her brother to do the same and trap him into staying a bit. "I had many friends Impress," she began but was cut off when Amagrith gave a trill of excitement. I remember you! You were very sad that day. Are you still sad? I can help! Look what I can do! Amagrith was suddenly running in a tight circle as she chased her tail before pouncing on it, rolling twice in a somersault and standing proudly with her tail in her mouth. She pranced around a little bit with it but had to drop it when she came to sit by them again. One of my brothers carries his tail all the time. It's so long! He doesn't even have to fight it.

Mylorah had dutifully laughed at the show and then gave her dragon a kiss to the top of her head when she settled down. If these were the types of antics she had to worry about, then she could definitely get through weyrlinghood and beyond without too much fuss. But her smile faded with a sigh as she went back to what K'dar had said. "You're asking after my lordling though, aren't you? He's now Z'kel and bonded to the sweetest and cutest little green you've ever met. And he's doing remarkably well, all things considered." Better than L'ri was but Mylorah wasn't sure how K'dar would feel about them having a conversation about the Master Harper.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

The bronze gave a pleased rumble as Mylorah indulged him, grateful that she was still so willing to share her affections and joy and that her bonded also seemed fine with sharing. Or at the very least she was too distracted to notice and care as K'dar spoke to her. The bronzerider cringed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck at the mention of how sad he was. "I was quite sad that day... and..." his voice trailed off for a moment as Amagrith attempted to cheer him up and he couldn't help but smile a little.

"That was very kind of you, and I think it did help a bit actually." It helped enough that he could smile over at his sister. "She's precious. And... I might still be a little sad, but I'm better right now." He wasn't sure who he was admitting that to, when he'd first been approached by his family and friends he'd only been able to numbly say he was fine even though it was so painfully obvious that he wasn't. Had he even admitted he was a mess when he'd gone to see Mylorah when she Impressed? Probably not.. He'd said he was happy for her then been so shocked by the emotion everything else had come crashing down before he apologized and just ran.

He turned his attention back to the little gold dragon and smiled again. "Thank you for being so kind. I'm sorry I was a mess the first time we met and I'm glad I got to meet you properly now." K'dar sat down next to Mylo, leaning ever so slightly against her as he nodded. "So your handsome lordling huh? I knew we had one... and Gang....L'ri. But I've been a bit distracted. I'll have to look over the records again later." He wrapped an arm around his sister to give her a sidelong hug as he added, "At least you'll have company while you're going through your class. And... well it'll be easier for you to see him now I suppose. Once you get past a few months or so."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

This is a much better introduction, Amagrith agreed with a slight nod of approval. She knew sometimes people were sad and Mylorah said that was okay but the little gold still thought it was a bit rude the way he had run off that day. But everything was better now! He was happy and appreciated her show and knew how pretty she was. He was a good a brother, just like most of hers were.

“Tiberuth, you should tell Amagrith about the ocean. She insists I’m making it up because the lake is already massive,” Mylorah gave the great bronze a little look, hoping he caught on to the fact that she wanted him to help play distraction for her cream puff, even if only for a few minutes. Oh, yes! The beach does sound interesting but how can water go on and on forever like that? She waddled a little closer to Tiberuth and flopped down beside him, using him as shade to cool off in for story time.

“I know it’s wrong but I’m really happy he Impressed with me,” Mylorah confessed softly once it seemed like Amagrith was distracted and no one else was around. She really wanted to ask more about how her brother was doing but she also didn’t want to push the bit of peace he seemed to be in so discussing her own odd predicament seemed like fun. “I know I’m being greedy but I didn’t want to give him back to his Hold life and I returned to the Weyr. Not that I know what will happen after graduation but I have a little more time with him at least.”

She cleared her throat and smiled, not allowing herself to get too drawn into the fears of the future. “Anyway, it’s not good to think too much about relationships, right? So, like you said, L’ri as well. He’s… adjusting. He said something about puppet shows so I guess I’ll be entertained for the next little while.” He was another confusing topic but easier to skirt around and keep things casual when talking with K’dar. “They’re both honestly taking it all rather well but Cazan’s brother… Oh! And Chir! He will be thrilled to see you.”

Mylorah didn’t know what to say about Z’lar and his struggles so bouncing along her train of thought to their young friend was easily done. “He snuck out to the lake last night,” she kept her voice even lower, despite being convinced someone had to know about the trip. They hadn’t received a punishment, weren’t even spoken to about it, but she wasn’t going to push her luck on the matter. “He’s already feeling trapped by all the rules and people around him all of the time and his dragon is so handsome but a little instigator. I snuck out after them and we talked a little before I managed to get them to come back in.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Tiberuth gladly took to the task of telling Amagrith all about the ocean, delighted to have a young gold's focus. It does go on forever, for so long it loops back on itself. It's not like the lake here, you cannot drink it safely because it has too much salt. But it feels nice to swim in, and is as deep as a mountain is tall. He continued to regale the little dragonet with more mysterious facts about the ocean so that their riders could have a more personal conversation.

The confession made K'dar smiled and shake his head slightly. "It's not wrong for you to be happy, Mylo. It would be wrong if you somehow tricked him or made him Impress, but just being happy that it happened isn't wrong. You should cherish the people you love while you have them." He had to stop for a moment, swallowed down a lump that was forming in his throat. It was fine, fine to be sad, he reminded himself, but he wanted to focus more on the happiness for now.

"I guess S'far is trying to figure out how to deal with L'ri's situation. He's going to be having a baby before he's graduated, and his mate... wife is in Fort. I'll be helping her move I guess. At least I think that's what S'far said. He has to figure out a few things first." He wasn't surprised that Cazan's brother was having trouble, but was surprised to hear about Chir. "Chir? Really? I'll have to visit with him sometime."

He was back to smiling as he heard the story about him sneaking out. "He'll get used to it, though I'm glad you convinced him to head in. And you'll get used to it too. Maybe. Just makes sure your new little friend is okay with it before you go breaking certain rules." He couldn't help but give her a wink and a nudge before he added, "I'm just teasing. Mostly. All I really want is for you and your little cream puff are happy and healthy." K'dar gave his sister another squeeze before turning and pressing a kiss to the side of her head. "I really am so happy and proud of you. And I'm glad you have Z'kel. And hopefully L'ri can keep you entertained too in his own way."

K'dar snorted softly at that thought and shook his head. "Harpers... though now I wish I'd had someone do puppet shows for me when I was a weyrling. Oh, I'm not sure if you met, but this is Tibs." He gave a small gesture to the bronze flitter that was almost shyly peeking around from the other side of his neck at Mylo. "I... well I have him now. He's been helping to make me not get too stuck in things, not letting me sleep for too long, things like that. It might be helping."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah held her brother's hand in silent support. She had worried that mentioning Tazikel and how she felt might bring up some emotions over losing Weslyn but she also knew they couldn't tiptoe around everything forever. But it was a good show of strength and maybe even progress for K'dar. She wanted him to mourn but to also heal and maybe that was starting. So long as he didn't completely throw himself into work and ignore the life around him that missed him. For now, she'd be happy that he was showing interest in what S'far was doing for L'ri and being a mentor to Ch'es.

"I'm always careful about what rules I'm breaking," she teased in return but refrained from pointing out which ones from over the years. He wasn't just her big brother now but her Weyrsecond and some secrets had to stay thar way for them both to be happy. "But I'm taking Amagrith's health and comfort seriously so don't worry too much about us."

She smiled at K'dar's hope L'ri would keep her entertained but neither he nor Amagrith needed to know details about many of the ways he had done so in the past. So she ignored that part and gave him a side hug, trapping him in her arms, "have I told you how proud I am that you've already made Weysecond? You are amazing, my dear brother, and you're only going to continue moving upward." One day he would be Weyrleader, of that she had no doubt. It was just funny that Yfris of all people was the one to plant the idea and create such drive in K'dar.

She released him and watch Amagrith sitting so quietly and clearly enthralled with the story she was being told. Maybe they should add adult dragon story time into the day's routine as well. When her attention was drawn to the firelizard, Mylorah smiled and waved at Tibs. "Hi, Tibby. We've met briefly but he's already growing so well. And I owe him a lot for helping you." She made a show of getting in closer to Tibs so she could whisper, fully knowing K'dar would hear her, "come visit me any time you want a treat. Helpful boys deserve secret nibbles."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Always good to be careful and pick your battles when it comes to rule breaking," K'dar said with a smile. He glanced around to make sure no one was listening before he leaned in and quietly whispered, "If you ever do need my help though don't be afraid to tell me. Even if you broke a rule. I'm sure we can figure something out." He gave her a conspiratorial wink at that. "And I'm sure you and Amagrith will do just fine, though I will always worry at least a tiny bit." It was the truth, and he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to completely stop worrying about his family to some degree.

"I've been Weyrsecond for longer than I realized. Did T'ryn tell you I didn't even know about the promotion at first? It took me far too long to realize. I just thought I'd been doing extra work to help out without really noticing that it was all the duties normally assigned to a second." He smiled, though it was a bittersweet thought to think about moving upward. "I wanted Highreaches you know. Yfris planted that idea as a silly little thing so I could have dinner with his family after we fucked without his wondering why I was there. And... I suppose the more I talked about it and thought about it the more I wanted it. I wanted it so badly that Tiber and I explored a few landmarks, he picked out a nice outcropping that he liked the look of, I even brought Wes there to secretly look around."

K'dar reached up to gently pet the flitter, tilting his head a little as Mylorah mentioned she'd already met him. "Ah, I couldn't remember if you had or not. I'm sorry. He's pretty good. Mostly. He nips me when I don't pay him enough attention, and I've been working on that. Though now maybe if he wants attention he can go to you. But no biting." He said that last bit more firmly to the flitter. He would be much less tolerant of the flitter hurting other people for no good reason. The flitter let out an almost offended chirp and skittered across to Mylorah's shoulder to hide in her dark hair as he gave her a flurry of nuzzling affection.

He couldn't help but laugh a little at that. "Just don't give him too many treats. Though... I guess it would be fine if he spent more time with you because of it. I think I told you why I got him in the first place. Not just to try and keep a better eye on you and the other siblings. I know I can't be everywhere at once... I know I can't keep you all safe. I couldn't even be there for Wes. But I can do my best with what I have and try to be there for you afterwards at least." K'dar frowned, shaking his head. "Sorry... I'm still... It still hurts a lot. I didn't mean to go there. We were talking about Tibs?"

At hearing his name and the feeling his person's distress, the bronze flitter crawled back over to the man and climbed up to sprawl on top of his head with a soft playful growl. K'dar huffed slightly and couldn't help the small smile that crept back on his face. "Hopefully I can teach him to deliver letters reliably at least once he gets a bit older and more mature. I might have to ask Cazan for help. Sure, Sir is a menace, but she can still get him to deliver and fetch things and I think he'd be way worse if he belonged to someone else."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

K’dar had told her some of the stories he was sharing now but Mylorah didn’t stop him. He was making an attempt to reconnect with the world and she was just happy to see her brother and would have even encouraged him to tell her the history of every major Hold just to keep him going. He was also slowly opening up, sharing some of his pain with her. She’d hadn’t known about the secret trip to High Reaches or that he had brought Weslyn with him. Rumours were picking up steam again about another Weyr opening in the near future and it made sense it would be High Reaches next since they didn’t have a strong presence up that way.

“I bet they consider you when Igen Weyr opens and I think you’d be a great fit there. Everyone says it’s a hot region so imagine those lazy afternoons you can have for reading or maybe even sneak off for fishing. You’d have to pick a Second that’s super understanding of your obsession and likes organising since he’d have to tidy up after you.” Mylorah teased with a big grin, having fun picking on her brother, even if just a little. It felt nice, almost normal, to just hang out with him again despite them both having such large life changes recently.

Her dragon-shaped life changer was suddenly bouncing around before them and it took Mylorah a moment to realise why Amagrith was excited. “Oh! That’s Tibs, K’dar’s firelizard and mini guardian.” Amagrith stretched out her snout slowly, head tilting this way and that as she studied him until she was close enough to give a little sniff. Deciding he passed whatever test she was giving him, Amagrith gave him a little nudge of greeting and then sat back on her haunches. He is a charming little fellow.

“I’m glad you think so, because we’re in charge of giving him secret snacks. It’s a big responsibility that only special ones get to have.” We’re special! Amagrith was back up and bouncing as she let K’dar know they were definitely qualified for doling out snacks.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

It took a few breaths, but K'dar was able to keep himself steady as he nodded and thought about a very different future than the one he'd originally been imagining. "Lazy afternoons sound nice," he said with a nod as he gave Mylorah another squeeze. He appreciated that she didn't say anything about the trouble he was having just trying to feel normal again, to act normal. He especially was thankful that she hadn't tried to ask more about the trip with Wes. Or bring up that the flitter had been a waste of time and marks like he was sure Gail would.

No, she was picking perfectly normal things to tease him for and it made it much easier to return her smile. "So an organized Second that understands I like to fish? If you have anyone in mind, you should let me know." He did have a thought, though he wasn't sure if anyone else would agree, especially the person he had in mind. Tiberuth seemed confident he'd be able to manage it though so he wasn't too worried. As well you shouldn't be. We'll get it handled.

Amagrith's sudden excitement and attention made K'dar blink for a moment in confusion before Mylorah pointed out Tibs. He smiled and gave the flitter a bit of reassurance to encourage onward and the little bronze leaned in to give the much larger gold dragonet a sniff of his own before chirping at her in greeting. The fact that they both had stripes wasn't on him and his eyes swirled briefly in excitement as K'dar caught a few mental images of the comparisons. "He likes that you have stripes too. He's got them on his legs and along his spine and down his tail, but they're much tinier than yours. I can hold him closer for you if you wanted to see."

Tibs could understand the concept of showing off easily enough so he climbed lower on his own, stretching out as he preened and cooed at the attention he was receiving. "I suppose he's a lady's lizard too. Must have learned that from Tiber," K'dar said with a smile. "Though he probably likes you both because you're both very important to me." He glanced over at his sister and smiled as he asked, "Think you'll get one of your own after you graduate? Or just keep borrowing them? You'll be close enough to Lady and Sir at least."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Amagrith studied Tibs carefully. Mylorah held her breath during it all. She had been amused at first but now she worried that firelizards would be what upset the gold for some reason. But no, at least for now, a nod of approval was given and Amagrith leaned in close so the little bronze could boop her nose with his. “Too early to say,” she answered without much thought on the matter. “It will depend a lot on how she continues to handle them but I also don’t think I really need one.” Firelizards were cute and she enjoyed snuggling with one or spoiling them but there had never been a need to have one of her own. The two men she sent letters two were now dragonriders alongside her so the need for one had dropped quite a bit.

Movement at the entrance to the barracks caught Mylorah’s eye and she smiled at seeing the assistants direct the drudges with buckets of meat. Her stomach growled at the sight and since she knew raw meat was not her preferred meal, it was obvious that Amagrith was due another feeding. She loved food and packed away a lot more than most people assumed she could but her dragon put her to shame! It was exhausting keeping up with the feedings and then the oil breaks as well. “The cream puff is due a meal. You’re welcome to stay for it but I don’t want to keep you from your duties any longer, Weyrsecond.” She couldn’t help mention the title again—she was just so proud!

She kissed K’dar’s cheek and then placed one atop Tibs’ head. Tiberuth would get his own soon enough once she was back on her feet. “Please promise you’ll visit again soon.” Oh, yes! Tiberuth promised to tell me about camping next time he saw me. And that you, Amagrith turned her gaze from the big bronze to K’dar, will bring me a jar of ocean water to try. He says it’s very different from drinking water but how can that be? Water is water, right?

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)