World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.09.01 | Morning Panics
5am | T'ryn

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Panic was starting to set in as Cazan's head kept spinning after the most recent bout of vomiting. It was too early but she hadn't been able to get back to sleep and then had gotten up to have a small snack, just a small piece of hard cheese and a little nibble of the smoked fish that K'dar had dropped off the other day. And then she'd felt awful, just overwhelmingly nauseous, and then thrown it all up. And now she was starving but the thought of food was making her want to vomit again and she normally enjoyed the fish that K'dar brought but...

Oh no.

She scrambled to her feet and staggered back out to find T'ryn, hands trembling as she shook him awake. "T'ryn... T'ryn! I think I've been poisoned. I feel... I'm going to throw up again." Her face paled and she lurched off to the side as she felt a dry heave shake through her but at least it wasn't productive. "Ugh, I'm just... just going to sit down. I woke up and I couldn't sleep and I had a snack and now I'm just nauseous."

Cazan leaned against the wall and slid down it so she could sit, and once she was there she just clutched her stomach and groaned. "I didn't even eat anything strange... just some of K'dar's fish, some of the cheese I picked up the other day." Woken up by the commotion, Lady stretched and daintily jumped over to settle on her lap, gently nuzzling at her belly before settling down and crooning softly.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Once, he had been a solid sleeper but that was before kids. Since the twins' arrival, T'ryn woke to cries, his name, and odd noises. He'd woken briefly when Cazan crawled over him to get up but since she hadn't said it was the one of the kids, he assumed she needed the bathroom or was just restless. It was hard to sleep after the latest attack and they both spent their nervous energy in different ways. He preferred paperwork and Cazan focused on projects but paced a lot while thinking. So it was easy enough to fall back asleep for a while longer, knowing Cazan would chide him for getting up to check on her instead of getting some needed sleep.

But then she was calling his name and shaking him and T'ryn's eyes popped open, panic gripping him. "What hap--" he fell silent as Cazan mentioned being poisoned. As she dry heaved to the side, T'ryn scrambled out of bed, uncaring that he was nude given it was his mate and a crisis that wouldn't wait for him to find pants.

He nodded, showing he was awake and listening to what she knew as he fumbled for the glow stones to give them more light. Yfris was still asleep on the other side of the bed but T'ryn really didn't care if the light disturbed him or not. Now that he could properly see her, T'ryn knelt in front of Cazan and gave her a visual check. Basing everything he knew from what the reports of others told him, he looked at her eyes, if the trembling was from being afraid or an effect of the poison, and asked if she felt dizzy or weak. Everything seemed fine so was this a new type of attack?

T'ryn was about to get Syrendryth calling for Healers when Lady woke with all the calmness in the world and gently joined them to curl up in Cazan's lap. That seemed important. As did the way Lady nuzzled against Cazan's belly and crooned at it and the fact that Sir wasn't in there causing a ruckus. "Zanny," he started softly, trying to find a fault in his idea before giving it voice but it seemed to fit. "When was the last time Lady acted this way?" Throughout the first pregnancy, Lady took particular interest in Cazan's belly, acting like she was tending to her own eggs and giving the babies affection.

With a smile spreading wide and wiping away all traces of fear, T'ryn laughed and shook his head almost in disbelief. "I think Yfris finally figured out how to get you pregnant."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Lady? She... she cuddles in general?" Cazan frowned as she said it though, blinking down in confusion at the gold flitter because it did seem different somehow, but still quite familiar. Lady didn't seem to particularly mind, happily cuddling up to her belly, affectionately rubbing her cheek there as she kept up the soft soothing and happy sounds.

T'ryn's laugh made her blink up at him, for a moment before he spoke and she groaned, head dropping back to thud against the wall for a moment. "Right... right... I forgot how sick I was. I remembered being sick, but not that it was this bad if that makes sense?" There was a brief moment where Cazan frowned as her stomach churned again, worried that maybe things would be terrible and maybe she'd made a mistake when she froze, a different realization coming to mind.

"I'm pregnant!" she repeated with a grin before reaching over for T'ryn, hands grasping at him as she beckoned him closer and into a tight hug. "I am going to ride your dick so hard," she said with a mumble, not really intending to voice it aloud, but not bothering to regret it or correct herself once she realized. Another twisted burble from her gut made her frown, gently pushing T'ryn back just slightly incase she needed to make another run to throw up. "After I feel a little better. I think I'm going to need so much more tea... and probably toast."

After carefully picking up Lady, Cazan shifted her weight, adjusting so that she could more firmly lean against her mate with a happy sigh just at that bit of touch and support. "It took him long enough to figure it out," she said with a soft amused huff. "We should probably wake him up and let him know, give him just a tiny taste of a future full of late night interruptions since he's probably still asleep up there."

Caz knew full well that she and T'ryn would be raising the child, but she wouldn't have been surprised if Yfris decided to try and help out a bit more since he'd be bringing the child to see their parents for visits and trips eventually. And while Cazan didn't mind the thought of also visiting, she knew that having Mal would make a longer stay quite convenient, and that clutches would interfere with the timing of some of those trips.

Lady had already squished back in to cuddle her belly again but Caz gave her a gentle nudge. "Go on and make sure Yfris is awake for me, please?" To her surprise the flitter stubbornly refused to move, just chirped and squirmed and kept fiercely cuddling her. But then there was a soft pop, a hiss, and a thud as Sir appeared and landed on the bed to start headbutting his favorite lordling.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed again at Cazan’s quiet statement. “Yes, please. I’ve missed that. Missed being with you without restrictions.” He still didn’t have any regrets to agreeing to the plan and would continue to support it and be the main father figure to the child but he figured he was allowed to be a little frustrated at those restrictions that had gone on a lot longer than he suspected either of them thought possible. He was certainly also allowed to look forward to everything they would get up to once the nausea passed for the day. He was already plotting which relative to send everyone to. The twins could go to his mom and Yfris could visit K’dar. That was a solid plan.

“I will buy out the tea vendor for you,” T’ryn promised with a grin that showed he was probably kidding but was still going to go overboard with stockpiling because Cazan asked for a lot of it. Maybe he could even learn to bake bread and the kids would have fun helping him with the kneading. If he had time on top of taking over Weyrsecond duties. He also wanted to learn more about what Cazan would be doing at Mulrissa’s Junior so he could assist with that and let his mate focus more on her craft and getting through the pregnancy. Bread was starting to look like something that was easier to get from the kitchens.

He reached over to pet Lady and coo words of praise at her when she settled in, refusing to move. “You might be a lot calmer but you’re still one of our fierce protectors, aren’t you, sweet Lady? Thank you for taking care of Zanny.” It had been a while since he brought home a treat for the flitter duo and as Sir started head-butting Yfris, T’ryn knew they deserved something special.

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Yfris gave a groan when he woke to something poking him in the side. What or who had he done that night? Was that someone’s foot? Who was the owner? That didn’t seem right. A little more effort and he recalled going to bed with Cazan and T’ryn and slightly more concentration on the poking brought up the memory of Sir. “Sir, my mighty warrior, I know we agreed this was the better way to wake me as opposed to yanking at my hair or dancing along my back but what is so urgent?” He managed to find the energy to crack open his eyes and hissed at the light, taking a moment to adjust to it before finding his wife and her mate on the floor.

“Whatever game you two are playing down there, I can still likely confirm the bed is better for it. Far more comfortable.” Really, why was Sir so insistent he wake for this? He would have gone back to sleep but T’ryn was giving him that sexy smile of his that was so full of life and excitement and Yfris sighed as he wriggled his way closer to that side of the bed. “Yes, darlings?” Since T’ryn was watching Cazan, that’s where his own gaze went until she conveyed her big news.

“Ah, wonderful. Excellent news. I’m going to sleep now because mornings are an awful invention and early mornings even more so. Proper celebrations always begin when the sun is setting.” And with that, Yfris blew Cazan a kiss and didn’t bother moving back to where he had started the night, just shut his eyes and hoped to drift unconscious again. He’d write to his father later.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

There was only a gentle thud of her hand against T'ryn's chest to show any objection to him buying all of the tea. Cazan didn't bother to tell him not to, she didn't think it would actually stop him one way or another and she was just too happy to be able to not hold back in her affections for the bronzerider. So she smiled and gave him a kiss instead before reaching down to give Lady some more pats too. The flitter gave a pleased chirp up at T'ryn, still quite happy to keep to her current spot.

She did manage a soft laugh though as she heard her husband wake up. Really, his mighty warrior? It was quite endearing how fond of Sir the man was, and she couldn't help but think he'd make a better father than most people seemed to think. Cazan gave him a small smile as he squirmed his way to the edge of the bed like some sort of sleepy worm. "You," she said, reaching out to gently poke his nose, "are going to be a father. Finally."

And of course Yfris was going right back to sleep, and since his job was done for the moment, Sir hopped down to give Lady and the belly quick nuzzles of affection before he bounced back off to his tiny charges to finish the rest of the night with them. She rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to T'ryn. "Should we let him sleep? It's his fault that I'm too nauseous to try. And it'll be his fault when I start going crazy and crying over silly things."

Cazan really didn't mind, she was just so giddy to have finally succeeded that she was in the mood to tease. She didn't have to be so careful around T'ryn again! She could tease Kor'is about his pregnant woman fetish! "Oh! Maybe Mal will stop trying to get me to sleep with A'tay now!"

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He didn't know what he expected of Yfris for a reaction but what they got was probably close to it. Or one of the ideas. It was hard to pin the lordling down at times as he left you wondering if he would pull the flamboyant drunk on you or the lazy and bored lord. This was a light dose of both with a promise of the more carefree and party-loving man to come later. T'ryn still wasn't even sure who the real Yfris was, though he suspected he had small accidental glimpses of that man when he was plotting something or studying someone. There was a sharp and cunning mind behind it all and T'ryn was glad he was on Yfris' good side.

"You know how whiny and cranky Yfris gets when he doesn't have enough sleep. You'll have time to pick on him but for now I'll stay up with you. I'll put the kettle on and make you a cup of tea. We should still have enough for that." After his paranoia brought on from the fruit baskets, S'far gave him some rats to sample their food supply. Everything came back safe, though he still disposed of the sex potions as he was too afraid to give those to such a small creature. Even clean there was a chance it could kill a rat and he really didn't want to see them mating. The tea was thrown out as it was easier that way but Kor'is oddly enjoyed the mint version and had brought over a little more for his visits.

He was debating sneaking into his dad's weyr for some of B'jin's lavender tea if he didn't have enough mint when Cazan brought up his brother and all thoughts stopped in their tracks. "Ah, Malvayth. Her logic was sound. I couldn't even argue it." If Xyxyth was a good winner, then his rider had to be as well. It did make sense on a basic level and T'ryn appreciated the gold dragon's belief that if he wasn't an option then one of his brothers that looked so much like him would be a good substitute. Not that he liked thinking of any of his brothers subbing in for him but with the way Malvayth looked at things, he saw the logic and couldn't be upset.

Although it didn't entirely stop his insecurities. He was pretty sure Cazan had enjoyed herself with A'tay. His brother wouldn't speak about it but the avoidance of eye contact for over a month spoke loudly though. It was fine, mostly. T'ryn thought he recalled encouraging Cazan to sleep with A'tay any time she wanted to if it made her happy but he was a bit drunk on his encounter with M'quel in a weird combination of being giddy over it and worried about what his mate would say. He knew Cazan loved him but he would still always wonder how he got so lucky. Still, he couldn't help but tease her and see what the reaction and answer was. "Or, she'll keep pushing you now that you can safely sleep with him just for fun."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"I guess that's fair. He can sleep for now," Cazan said with a smile. "And I think you staying up with me and putting on a kettle for some tea sounds nice. We could cuddle on the couch and just relax a bit before the twins wake up and enjoy the quiet for a bit before we get on with work for the day." She smiled at that thought, knowing full well that if the tea worked they wouldn't be cuddling for too long. And if the tea didn't work? Then she still got to have that little moment of peace with her mate, which was worthwhile and wonderful no matter how queasy and awful she felt.

And then he started to tease her about his brother.

Cazan groaned hiding her face behind her hands as she turned a shade of pink. "She better not!" It had been bad enough that T'ryn had been so encouraging of it at first. A'tay had been fun but he looked so much like his brother that it was too uncanny and made the attraction and enjoyment feel almost wrong and shameful. The worst part was when she realized he was still quite attractive after the flight lust had gone, and his terrible kind and dutiful nature that had him on the Sands with her so much, helping to keep her company and trying to be a good Flight winner. She'd even been tempted to try and see if A'tay was interested in a bit more of that casual fun on occasion, but thankfully Mal's constant and loud suggestions that they sleep together just made them both too embarrassed to actually try anything.

Part of her wasn't sure if she was still interested, maybe it had just been especially enticing because of the restrictions placed on T'ryn while she and Yfris had been trying for a child. Except those same restrictions would have applied to A'tay too. Cazan didn't want to keep thinking about that particular attraction anymore. So instead of trying to dwell on it she just turned and grabbed onto T'ryn, huffing and grumbling and pulling him into a kiss.

The affection and closeness certainly helped distract her and Caz smiled as she pulled back from the kiss. "I think I already have the best of the brothers anyway. Why should I bother to try and collect the others?" There was a distinct urge to not worry at all about disturbing her husband, to just climb up on top of T'ryn and provide a practical demonstration of that sentiment. It was an urge she was eager to indulge in, and she gently shooed Lady away so she could start moving onto her mate's lap. She was wrapping her arms around his neck when her stomach gave an awkward and loud burble that made her cringe as she was hit by a wave of nausea. "Tea... actually maybe tea first."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“How did I get so lucky?” It was a question he asked himself regularly and he had yet to find the answer but maybe it was time to stop asking and just be happy. It was still hard to believe that he might be the best of the brothers but Cazan had a way of convincing him with only a smile or a touch or a kiss. He supposed it was time to enjoy a little confidence and believe in himself as much as everyone else seemed to. T’ryn wasn’t entirely sure on the whole Weyrsecond stance just yet but he was warming up to the idea that he was a great mate and Cazan truly wasn’t going to trade him in for a younger version.

T’ryn smiled as she kissed him and started to crawl into his lap and then chuckled as Cazan moved back from him. He followed the movement by leaning forward to rest a hand lightly on her tender stomach and give a quick kiss. “I love you, gurgling and all. I’ll get some pants and go get the tea started.” He helped Cazan to her feet and placed a kiss to her forehead before letting her go. “Grab a blanket on your way out and we can sit on the ledge as the sun rises for a bit.” He knew he wasn’t that creative and certainly wasn’t poetic, but it seemed like a nice way to start the next phase of their life together. Another child! It didn’t matter to him that they knew for certain that this one wasn’t his since it was planned and they had discussed with Yfris what would work for all of them. It was something Cazan was excited for and their family would grow again. How could he not be happy and want the sun to rise and shine down on them? It made sense to him at least.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)