World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.08.27 | The Face Thief
1:30pm | Mylorah

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
I don't like it. These are the worst stories. "Not everything that gets written down is a story, little Maestro." The bronze dragon grumped, stomped and paced as L'ri kept writing before carefully folding his note and handing it to Fret to carry off across the grand distance to Mylorah. The flitter was quite annoyed with the task, because really she was quite close, close enough that with how quiet the barracks was at the moment, they could have had a soft conversation.

Most of the weyrlings were probably out in the bowl or in one of the common areas, relaxing after lunch. But here he was, sulking and lounging on his futon writing notes to Mylorah like a child, because he was too worried about scandals and his father's ire despite being a grown man. But he was also a grown man who knew what his father could do, and the means which he had available to him. There was a time L'ri wouldn't have cared, but he had a wife he loved, a baby on the way, a dragon, and another gloriously brilliant woman in his life he didn't want anything to happen to either.

Oncaeth picked up on that bit of old grief and it only made him more annoyed that his bonded was thinking so hard and so sadly about old things. And all because of his sister's mate! The bronze imperiously marched the scant few feet to where Fret was begging for cuddles and pets from Mylorah. Stop making L'ri sad! You stole Javira's face!

That made the harper turned bronzerider freeze, his face becoming carefully still as he heard the name. Oncaeth had never met her, she'd died before his time, before he'd met Mylorah, before he met his wife, before.... he'd gone onto the road. The bronze dragonet was still bristling though, and L'ri softly but firmly called his name. "Oncaeth, quiet. Now come here." The bronze reluctantly walked over to snuggle into L'ri's arms, trying to remind his bonded that he shouldn't need others to snuggle up to when he had him!

L'ri managed to pick up a bit of the thought and did his best to soothe. "It's fine to snuggle different people. You snuggle up to your siblings. You and Amagrith normally get along quite well and have little cuddle naps too remember? Even if I want to cuddle someone else I'll always be here for you too, Maestro." That mostly settled the bronze down though he did take a moment to shoot an annoyed look at Mylorah because even without the cuddles she'd still made his man sad.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah stared at the piece of paper while absently rubbing her fingers under Fret’s chin. Amagrith was settling in for a nap and more relaxed which meant the brown firelizard’s begging for attention was working and she could safely interact with him. Her cream puff was doing rather well with jealousy but firelizards seemed to irritate her the most. The working theory was they weren’t humans or her siblings so they didn’t have a neat little box to fit into and form a proper response for. But all of that serenity was lost when Oncaeth came over, drawing Amagrith’s attention enough that she lifted her head to see what was wanted before eyes whirled red with anger when Mylorah was yelled at.

No! L’ri is making Mylorah sad! He’s the meanie! Amagrith shouted back, now on her feet and ready to fight the bronze that dared to accuse her precious mate of anything. She was shaking with anger as the coward retreated and Mylorah set a hand on her head to make sure she stayed where she was. What had just happened? Who was Javira? A missing face? Was this part of a new story L’ri was working on? None of it was important in the moment, however, as she tried to soothe her chubby dragon-shaped sun. L’ri’s fancy words had made her smile but also sad and now she was thinking he was right given Amagrith’s colours.

See! Even you know he is causing you discomfort. Oncaeth has no right to talk to you like that. We’re golden ladies and specialer than you! Amagrith aimed the last part at the bronze pair before finally calming enough under her rider’s touch to sit down, though her gaze stayed on the males. “First, ‘specialer’ isn’t a word. It’s ‘more special’,” Mylorah spoke softly, hoping the others couldn’t hear her give grammar lessons to an upset dragonet. “Second, sometimes feeling sad is important and helps you put everything into perspective. Third, L’ri and I can both be sad at the same time because a lot has happened since you and Oncaeth found us.”

Fine, Amagrith grumped and laid back down beside Mylorah with her gaze still on Oncaeth and L’ri. She didn’t trust them not to do something sneaky and mean again. The small one needs to go now. Mylorah wasn’t surprised by the order and didn’t want to cause more of a fuss by trying to get her to reconsider. “Sorry, Fret. You better return to L’ri. Thank you for visiting with me.” At least someone out of that group wanted to see her.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Oh no, you were rude, you deserve to be scolded, and you will take the high ground right now and not bother trying to escalate." L'ri could feel the surge of irritation as Oncaeth glared off towards Amagrith. I didn't start it and you didn't start it and she stole the face first! To his credit the bronze didn't say anything else he had on his mind, and didn't run over to try and confront anyone more directly at least.

L'ri kept his hands on the dragonet, knowing that was probably the main thing keeping him there while he tried to calm down. So he kept providing that comfort and kept trying to think the most soothing thoughts he could while addressing the subject a bit more directly to hopefully nip this in the bud. "She can't just... steal a face like that, Oncaeth. She-" You can. I know you can! The Harper smiled and gently gave the dragon a hug. "That's a costume. I can wear costumes. Mylorah isn't wearing a costume, she has no makeup, no disguise. She just happens to look very much like her." Like Javira. L'ri winced slightly and nodded. "Yes."

She's doing it again! Making you sad! "No, no. Little Maestro, it's not... I'm making myself sad because we were... were very good friends, but now there's so many people around and I worry about you." He let out a sigh and lowered his voice as he added, "I just miss her and I miss some other good friends too." Oncaeth was starting to sulk at that and L'ri quickly put a smile on his face and added, "Hey, it's not your fault. I just need to make sure I can take care of you and help you grow up big and strong so we can go on adventures and make new stories and songs together."

Fret gave a small chirp as he landed on his master's shoulder and once he was settled he gave the man's chin a headbutt in Mylorah's direction. He frowned as he looked over at her, a bit of that ache returning. Oncaeth's eyes gave a brief swirl in distress before he gave the man another needy nuzzle. You shouldn't miss her if she's right there. "I know I shouldn't," and for more than just the physical proximity. He was a happily married man, and she had her green knight who clearly made her happy. Who was he to try and be greedy again? He's not important, you are, the dragonet huffed in annoyance. How dare some other person get in their way?! "Hey. Hey now... stop that." He lowered his voice as he whispered to the dragon, "He's important to Mylorah, and that makes him important okay?"

Oncaeth didn't seem quite sure of the validity of that statement, but he at least wasn't putting up a fight about it. L'ri turned back to look at Mylorah for a moment before finally saying, "Come on. Let's go talk to her and you can apologize." He stood up and walked the short distance to her little spot of the barracks and took a seat on the floor, back leaning against the neighboring futon. "Oncaeth would like to apologize for starting a fight and being rude. I've explained how you cannot steal a face." The bronze bristled for a moment to glare at his sister before his mate's concerns for the woman started to get to him and he gave her a quick and nervous poke in the nose before backing away in case the gold tried to swipe at him for it. "You have to use the words, Maestro." With a soft added grumble in his already raspy and deep voice, Oncaeth relented, Sorry.

L'ri reached over to give him a fond pat and smiled before a quick glance up at Mylorah softened the expression a little. "I miss you."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Amagrith was still ready for a fight. She knew it wasn’t ladylike but Oncaeth had been rude and needed to be put in his place! But Mylorah kept petting her and her thoughts didn’t seem to want that to happen so Amagrith stayed where she was and tried to calm down and let the slight pass. It was tough to do when she could hear Oncaeth still say mean things and continue to look at them, but she was succeeding until they came over. She started to bristle but Mylorah shushed her very softly and they let the pair approach. She even let Oncaeth poke her with his nose without a fuss. See, she could be mature. But was she supposed to say sorry back? She didn’t think so, so she continued to sit and wait for what Mylorah wanted to do next.

Mylorah didn’t know what she wanted. She wanted to ask who Javira was and why she was being accused of stealing a face but she knew L’ri too well for that. The Master Harper wouldn’t answer certain questions that brushed upon some part of his past that seemed hard for him to dwell on and if he did answer, it would have been poetic and hard to decipher. She also wanted to point out that he had been the one to pull away from her and she was respecting his wishes. It was still hard to think she was anything other than a cause of disruption in his life so maybe staying away was the right thing after all.

But none of that was said. She simply echoed his sentiments since it was easy enough to do and fully mean it. “I miss you as well.” Why? You have plenty of friends. Why do you need him as well? Apparently her cream puff wasn’t entirely over the little spat. Mylorah gave a small patient smile to her dragon, “you can never have too many friends, Amagrith. Friends make you richer. Everyone is different and brings something unique to your life. Don’t you want to know what L’ri and Oncaeth will bring to us?” The gold dragonet was quiet for so long that Mylorah thought she wouldn’t reply at all and was trying for a silent treatment punishment but finally she said with a little huff, I guess so.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

The corner of L'ri's mouth twitched a bit as Mylorah said she missed him too. He wasn't sure how to feel about it other than lovesick and terrible until he heard the gold's rather bold declaration. The harper laughed, head falling back slightly to stare at the ceiling as he listened to Mylorah try and explain the value that came with different friends. He let out another bittersweet chuckle before looking at Amagrith and softly saying, "If it makes you feel better, I wonder that as well. Your lovely young Mylorah has so many wonderful friends that I can't help but feel she doesn't need me sometimes."

He sighed and chuckled again before adding, "but, you should listen to her. She has her own reasons, she's very clever, and quite mighty when she puts her mind to it. I'm quite glad to have her as a... friend." Oncaeth climbed partway onto his lap, still a bit grumpy. It's not fair she has her face though. "Oncaeth, it's Mylorah's face," Gangleri said with a long sigh. But you might get confused! What if they're in the same place? "Oncaeth, that won't happen. Please, just drop it."

L'ri was too tired for this, feeling too worn down even after the brief little pick me up he'd gotten from sending the letters to her and being able to say he'd missed his sorceress. As soon as another but came from the dragonet's mouth he just interrupted, eyes closing as he very flatly said, "Javira is dead, and it's my fault." The usual pang of loss hit him much harder than it had in a long time and he realized that it wasn't just his.

He cursed softly, eyes snapping open as he straightened up to pull Oncaeth in for a firmer hug and some comfort. "Shit, I am so sorry Oncaeth. My little Maestro, please... shhh. It's not your fault. I promise I'm not mad at you, I'm just... just tired and a little sad and... and I don't want anything to happen to you or Mylorah or Amagrith." The bronze had his face pressed firmly against L'ri's torso, still unable to fully grasp why these things had happened to hurt his mate, and then hurt him as a result.

"It'll be okay. It's just a little bit of hurt for far greater joy. See? It's part of the story, part of the music. You need to have the tempo slow on occasion, need to pause between the dances to include a bit of drama to remind everyone how valuable the joy is, so that they know to savor it while they can." The harper immediately frowned, unable to help but look at Mylorah as he realized he'd been ignoring a bit of that lesson himself. He gently kept stroking and petting Oncaeth as his bronze started to calm down and softly gave his own apology. "I'm sorry, Mylorah. I've been very short sighted in my own distraction. I'm sorry that you had to miss me at all, but I'm glad that you still care enough that you do."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah knew from the first time they had sex that it was more than her age that bothered L’ri. The second encounter had her realising that he didn’t truly see her and had to work to reach a point where he did and not ask questions along the way. Now she probably had the answer and didn’t want it. Javira, now among the dearly departed, was likely once his greatest love—and Myloah looked like her. She had so many new questions, like was he reliving what he lost? Did he actually see and like her for herself? How much pain was he always in because of her face? Was she related to Javira? Mylorah knew how much she looked like her mom so maybe they were distantly related? But she couldn't ask any of those questions, at least not yet. Oncaeth was far too young still for more serious talks and emotions if she were to judge by the current reaction. Amagrith for her part was staring at the bronze pair and Mylorah knew she wasn't happy about her human's mood spike but was wisely keeping that to herself for the moment while Mylorah tried to think of happy thoughts and letting the whole mix up be over with.

“Why would I be anything but patient? Other than worried that you blamed me as the reason you were at the Hatching in the first place. I know you don't and that everyone is very happy with how things turned out," she quickly added before L'ri or Oncaeth had opinions on that. "We’re both young weyrlings and it’s a lot to figure out while tending to our dragons. I’m just happy that you’re sleeping and eating more regularly now.” She was still trying to brush that fear aside as well but it was so hard not to think that the Master Harper would have been better off far away from her. He wouldn’t have Impressed nor would he have been poisoned twice through methods clearly meant for her. She didn’t like having L’ri be her accidental food-tester but she hated even more how S’far was threatening to have someone test everything for her from now on. She wasn’t that special.

No, we’re spec… more special, Amagrith was pleased with herself for catching the mistake before it happened and Mylorah kissed her head. “No one should be more special than someone else, especially in that case.” She turned her attention back to L’ri to explain, “I was thinking about the poisonings and food-testers. And now I’m thinking that one of us actually is hungry.”

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"I don't blame you, Mylorah. If anything I truly am glad that you're here too. As much as I've stubbornly tried to avoid spending too much time with you to avoid any problematic appearances... I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here. Probably somehow get even less sleep." L'ri managed to smile at that and Oncaeth stretched his jaws in a yawn before adjusting how he was cuddling up to his rider. It was moments like that where the Harper knew things were going to be fine, at least where his little dragon was involved. It made the frustrations like the little tantrums, the awkward, lessons, and the exhaustion all worthwhile.

For a moment he was confused by Amagrith's little declaration, but as Mylo talked it made sense. L'ri smiled and turned to the gold. "You both are most certainly special, oh glorious manifestation of the sun." He gave her a quick wink and added, "And while I will not argue with Mylorah about how no one should be more special than someone else, I will say that you two are quite a bit more special than most people or dragons to me." He glanced down at Oncaeth and was relieved to find that the bronze was just quietly enjoying his cuddles and affection without complaint.

More insulted by his rider's surprise, the dragon huffed. I already know I'm special. He also knew he was more special than Amagrith but knew better than to say anything about it, instead just twitching his tail. The harper couldn't help but smile as he rubbed that one spot just under Oncaeth's jaw that he knew his little Maestro loved. "Mhm. And quite clever when you want to be." L'ri turned back to Mylorah, ready to get up as soon as she did. "Which one of you is hungry? I'll gladly be your taste tester. So far I've been lucky enough that the occasional extra bit of seasonings have been things I'm... acquainted with."

Between the mention of Javira and the fact that he'd survived two poisoning attempts, the Master Harper knew that Mylorah was well within her rights to have questions, and even if she was willing to hold off on them for now, she'd already kept other secrets for him, had already seen things. Questions would come eventually he was sure. So very carefully he quietly said, "Perhaps... I'll tell you a story sometime. You can tell me if you want to know more and think I should expand on it. I'm not sure if I warrants being turned into a play or book."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah kept her gaze on the bronze pair but the emotions coming from her dragon had it dropping to Amagrith regularly. She had to give the gold credit—she was doing her best not to show her emotions with her eyes or growl but boy was Amagrith currently not amused. She wasn’t going to let it get to her too much, though. Considering the amount of brothers she had, Mylorah knew how irritating they could be and how easily fights could happen and making up afterward was just as fast. She’d have to keep an eye on them and judge whether intervening would be needed or not. For now, she’d let them figure it out on their own. So long as neither of them turned into Dyoricath and screeched when the other’s rider was near, they could get through some bumps.

“Amagrith will be the hungry one. I ate not that long ago.” Between the attempts on her, Mylorah was surprised she was still able to eat anything at all. Maybe she ate a little less than usual at times but for the most part, she refused to let fear rule her. For one thing, she loved food too much but she really didn’t want to give S’far or apparently L’ri reason to test her food. But she was paying more attention to where the food came from and didn’t believe any notes that came with items now. Unless a brother hand-delivered the food, she wasn’t buying it. She briefly wondered how Zory and Gaili were doing and hoped they both eating more. She hated not being there to pester them, especially Gaili with how much weight he had lost after being poisoned. Maybe Zelly and A’tay would look after them for her. She’d write a letter soon.

Amagrith squirmed a bit before resting her head in Mylorah’s lap which earned a smile from her rider and pettings to her head knobs before L’ri’s hesitantly given idea stole her attention. Mylorah studied him for a long moment, trying to decide how serious he was with the offer and if he truly wanted to tell her what she wanted to know. Finally she gave him a smile as well and nodded. “You always know the right story for the right time, Master Harper, and you know I love to listen.” They also both knew she wouldn’t ask for a while given how upset it made Oncaeth which then upset Amagrith. L’ri would have time to prepare himself and Mylorah had time to convince herself nothing had changed between them.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

The Harper was quiet for a moment as he just smiled at Mylorah and watched her. Even just being there talking with her, grumpy dragonets or not, had been nice. L'ri really did feel like a bit of a grumpy and stubborn old man for having tried to stay away. "You are one of the most beautiful listeners I've ever known. Maybe not today, but sometime. Feel free to... give me a poke if you think the mood is right for it. I know there's a lot going on right now, for the both of us. Perhaps one day we'll have a less irritable secondary audience."

Oncaeth tilted his head for a moment, curiously studying his rider before turning to look at Mylorah and then Amagrith. He didn't like being so confused, so he tried to think a bit more. What would L'ri do to try and fix things and make them better? The bronze bounced up to his feet, his wings flailing for a moment in excitement before he ran off back towards his own bed.

"Now what is he up to?" L'ri softly asked himself aloud as he watched the bronze dart off and start rustling through the bedding. After a few minutes he came back, one of L'ri's puppets, his favorite one that represented the dashing hero with his little stick sword, dangling from his mouth. He paused, eyeing Amagrith cautiously for a moment before he slowly took a few steps closer to the gold and carefully set the puppet down near her. It's the best thing I have. You can have it. The bronze shifted his weight uncomfortably for a moment before he added, I'm sorry for upsetting you and yours.

L'ri raised an eyebrow. "Maestro, isn't that one of my puppets?" Oncaeth huffed and straightened up a bit before glancing back at his rider. You made it, but it's mine. You said I could have it. The bronze didn't care that he no longer had his favorite puppet, he was happy enough to settle down next to her and Mylorah, tail twitching expectantly as he waited.

It took a moment, but L'ri eventually caught on to what Oncaeth was trying to do. So he moved to where the bronze had left just enough room for him next to the woman and took a seat there. "I hope this is fine... with the Maestro here I thought I'd join you. Though... maybe I should have gotten a bucket of food for Amagrith first. I can go do that if you'd like."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah watched Oncaeth, unsure of what he was up to even when he came back with a puppet in his mouth. He was a curious little fellow but he seemed to learn quickly as he apologised with a gift. Amagrith seemed to be considering her brother, weighing her options and what the best course of action was. Mylorah was holding her breath again. Thank you, Oncaeth. You are very kind and I’m sorry I yelled as well. The breath was slowly released as Amagrith nudged the puppet with her nose, examining her new toy.

Smiling first at Oncaeth and then at Amagrith, Mylorah picked up the puppet and asked to see the gold’s tail. She slipped the hero onto the end, carefully checking that it would stay put for a bit before letting Amagrith examine it once more. Look, Oncaeth! It seemed the fight was well and truly over as Amagrith made the hero dance around, his sword hand flopping a little awkwardly without a finger to hold it up. Do you know where another is? We can play!

“Of course it’s fine,” Mylorah did her best not to show her annoyance that L’ri was still tip-toeing around even after their discussion. How much more blunt did she have to be? ‘I’d like to be on your dick right now but sitting beside each other is good enough’? It was tempting but L’ri was still being cautious with his reputation for his wife and rank and they had two little dragonets, no matter how distracted they currently were. “I think we can go without food a little longer but thank you for offering.”

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Oncaeth stared in fascination for a moment as soon as Mylorah had put the puppet on the gold's tail. He turned to pout at his rider. Why didn't you think of that?! I want to play! L'ri couldn't help but chuckle. "Well you never asked if you could give it a try too. You just liked watching. You can still play you know. I gave you more than one puppet." The bronze stared at him for a moment before chirping and running back off to his bed, tossing and kicking more blankets as he tried to hunt for the other puppet. He eventually found it and trotted back happily, tail held up as he waited for L'ri to assist him.

"Yes, yes, hold on. Have you been chewing on this?" The Harper let out a sigh as he set the puppet onto the tip of Oncaeth's tail and adjusted it. It had been a backup character for the hero, a helper or a villain as required, with a bit less detail than the other puppet and now with only half a stick. "I suppose this one just has a dagger now instead of a sword. There you go. Now have fun little Maestro." Oncaeth carefully gave his tail a few wiggles, and delighted with the results turned his attention to Amagrith to excitedly ask what sorts of adventures their puppets would have.

With his dragon distracted L'ri turned back to Mylorah with a smile. "I just wasn't sure if you were mad at me for being an old idiot." Unable to help himself, he lifted his arm and gently wrapped it around her shoulders to pull her a bit closer and snuck in a quick nuzzle of his face against her hair as he sighed. "I really did miss you so much." He straightened up a bit, arm remaining but just a little less cuddly to avoid any risk of upset babies. "I honestly don't know how sensitive they are to things. I've experienced the Maestro's irritation when I think about certain things but... I think he's getting better. How are things with you and yours?"

With the dragonets playing and his master being cuddly again, Fret decided to risk crawling back over to Mylorah's lap for some more cuddles too. He blinked up at her before settling down and giving a soft little pleased rumble. L'ri shook his head in amusement and said fondly, "Such a treacherous little thing. Sometimes I think he likes the women in my life more than he likes me."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"If I was mad every time a man was an idiot, I wouldn't have time for anything else," Mylorah pointed out with a smile. She shut her eyes and enjoyed having L’ri’s arm around her again, even if only briefly. Yes, it was still there and she still appreciated it but it wasn’t the same as seconds before. But it would do. "I think it's more the emotions that accompany what you do. They have to learn that we can have feelings for more than just them and that what we feel for them is unique.” She paused as she tried to find a way to explain her logic and then shrugged. L’ri would probably not appreciate it but it was the best she had. “I could probably sleep with I'vens right now and it would be fine since he's just a friend and it would just be some fun but sleeping with you brings out a few more emotions and would upset our little adventuring party over there."

She watched as the dragons bounced their tail puppets around, apparently on a hike through the forest to hunt a scary beast that either stole gold or a man—they hadn’t figured that part out. Amagrith’s happiness really was as important as her own, maybe more so, so Mylorah knew she could continue to wait to be with her favourite men again. “Welcome back, Fret,” the firelizard had drawn her attention and some affection as she returned to petting him. Amagrith was in a better mood now and seemed to have forgiven everyone the slight against them so she wouldn’t mind Fret visiting. Hopefully. “You just need lessons in how to properly cuddle and spoil a firelizard, that’s all.”

She thought about how she and Amagrith were doing while continuing to pet Fret and be kind of in L’ri’s hold. “We’re doing well. She sometimes has little hissy fits when she expects things to go her way and reality says otherwise, but she’s learning. Since we can’t have private conversations yet, I’ve been trying to give her lessons based on my memories for her to explore. It’s worked a few times now.” It was going to be so much easier to explain why she should share or not yell at someone when they could both communicate in her mind. But Mylorah thought she was doing okay with her work around, knowing that Amagrith could look through memories or latch onto her emotions.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Ah the idiocy of men, as endless as the sea." L'ri smiled, and upon hearing there were other emotions attached to himself he couldn't help but give her another squeeze. "I've... had to have a few little chats with the Maestro. Especially about Quil. A bit about you too. I was a little bit harsher than I meant to be early on in some of those talks, but I don't... well... he understands a little better that I wasn't angry with him so much as I was angry about the idea he had expressed. It's fine now. We're making progress. I think you put it quite well... it's a unique feeling, but I absolutely adore the little fiend, even when he's having a particularly frustrating moment. It's just different from the affection I feel for the other important individuals in my life."

He quietly watched the dragons playing, his thumb lazily sliding back and forth across Mylorah's skin in a gentle and subtle show of affection. "I know how to properly cuddle and spoil many things, you should know that," he said with a soft huff. He was just getting most of his cuddles from Oncaeth these days, which was technically fine, but he did miss cuddling the ladies in his life. Even the men if he was honest and Gail wasn't even that much of a cuddler. "This is nice for now though."

More than nice really, but he didn't want to think too hard on that. The bronze was doing better about understanding a few things and forgiving him when his emotions and thoughts strayed a bit too far towards other people, but he still didn't want to push too much. For now the harper could continue to be patient, and it would probably even be a bit easier now.

"Well I'm glad that you and Amagrith are doing well. She's quite clever. Though with how their story is going we may need to play the part of villains eventually. Maybe they'll let us be giants so that I don't have to send Fret for the other puppets." The flitter gave a soft chirp of agreement there as he kept cuddling the woman. "See, you've cast a spell on him. But that's fine. You cast one on me long ago and I don't regret that, I'm sure he won't regret it either."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“Or you could leave Fret and I to cuddle while you find more puppets,” Mylorah countered with a giggle and a finger poke to his stomach. She wasn’t implying that his softness equated laziness, it was just the easiest part to reach with the way they sat and how she humoured Fret with affection. “But I think it can wait a little longer,” she added, nestling in a little closer to L’ri as they watched their dragons play. Play time would have to end eventually for food and oiling but Amagrith still seemed fine and they could push a meal off until the epic final battle. For now, they were in a little skirmish with imaginary minor foes.

“You don’t always have to be with me,” she began slowly, trying to find the best way to word what was still on her mind. It was important to make sure they really were okay but also wouldn’t try to overdo anything since they did have dragonets that still needed them. “Personal space and time alone is also important, but if you want to spend time with me, you’re always welcome here.” L’ri had a way with words that could move her or even teach her new things and she missed his companionship. She missed being naked with him as well but that would come in time; hopefully. His pregnant wife would be arriving soon enough and Mylorah had no issues with sharing a lover but she wouldn’t push L’ri either if he wanted to keep that part of their relationship on lock down for a while. She didn’t sleep with every friend she had so she could probably refrain from getting too touchy with the Master Harper as well. Probably.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Fret seemed quite pleased with the idea of staying for cuddles while sending his master off to fetch things instead. The brown flitter looked up at Mylorah to give her a soft warbling croon of appreciation before nuzzling her again. "So treacherous. I think my wife is the only one he might like more than you. Maybe he's just a ladies flitter, or highly susceptible to sorcery." Not that the harper turned bronze weyrling minded. He smiled and reached over to give his little companion a gentle pet before leaving him to his cuddles with Mylo.

"Really?" L'ri asked with a soft chuckle when she said he was always welcome. "You would be content to just have me here even though I've been temporarily gelded by his young lordship?" He gestured towards Oncaeth with a smile and very soft chuckle to avoid interrupting the little play session. He sighed as he leaned his head against hers again, just quietly enjoying the physical contact and company. "I know I don't have to. I hardly spent every waking moment with you before this, but I'd never avoided you like this either. I was just," he paused as he tried to resist a further rant and instead settled on, "foolish."

A soft and gentle squeeze with his arm hopefully silently conveyed the rest of the sentiment, that he'd missed her and was glad she seemed to ready to forgive him for his absence. He was pretty sure he'd already said as such, and he didn't want to just repeat himself at the risk of boring his sorceress. Lifting his head again to more curiously focus on their dragons he nodded. "They're quite wonderful and imaginative aren't they? If only my theater journeymen were even half as creative as a child or young dragon. Ooh, that could be fun. Do you think they, and you, might be interested in throwing a little play for the rest of the class sometime? It would probably have to be a quick and small production to make sure that they're not so old they've grown out of it by the time I'm done writing and teaching them. Assuming we have time that is. I've heard rumors that the classes tend to pick up and keep people busy once they start sleeping through the night."

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“You’re assuming they have the attention span to learn lines. I think a basic outline and improvising is the best you will get.” It would likely be very chaotic as well but it would be entertaining all the same. “But you should still do it. It would be a lot of fun and a good outlet for their energy.” Soon enough the dragonets would start flying and have something to properly focus their attention and spend energy on but a play or two would help them while everyone was still on the ground and maybe even the shy ones could find it useful. Since their dragons were still distracted, Mylorah gave into her urge and kissed L’ri’s cheek before settling back in. He was a brilliant and creative man and she couldn’t wait to see what he came up with next.

“And yes, about the first six weeks is just keeping everyone alive and then it starts to get more structured. At least that’s what Candidate lessons and graduated friends have said.” Before she could explain further about what the next several weeks would likely entail, Amagrith tripped over her own feet and splatted onto the ground.

Mylorah felt anger and embarrassment building and knew who was actually feeling those and quickly pointed out, “oh no! One of the mighty heroes found the quagmire! How will she escape? What will her companion do?” Amagrith quickly grabbed onto the save like a rope pulling her from the quicksand and started dramatically exclaiming her woes and how she would soon sink away.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

L'ri couldn't help but chuckle at Mylorah's assessment of the situation. "I suppose that is fair. I forget how easily distracted they can be. Though working with them on improvisation could be quite entertaining. At the very least it'll keep those two busy, perhaps a couple more if anyone else wants to join in, even if it never makes it to production." He smiled as he watched the two dragons continue to play.

And then Mylorah kissed him and he couldn't help but let out a soft sigh and gently give her a squeeze before glancing around and then sneaking a quick return of the gesture. Just a simple little quick kiss to the cheek, but it was a thrilling little expression of his affection for her all the same. "Well, I suppose that makes sense. Help everyone just get through the first bit and adjust before trying to drum everything into our heads."

Oncaeth was at first startled by the sudden fall, but after hearing Mylorah talking about a quagmire he glanced towards L'ri only momentarily before playing along. He loudly declared he was going to help before taking his own dramatic fall and loudly exclaiming that he too had been captured by the quagmire. The Harper couldn't help but laugh as he gave Mylo a gentle pat on the shoulder. "Come on, let's go save our dragons and help them finish their adventure, and after that we can get them fed, and maybe we can chat, or maybe we can all have a nice naptime."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)