World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.08.29 | Special Delivery
10:30am | Lassalla

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
It had been probably too long since K'dar had checked on Lassalla. Tiberuth had at least been regularly visiting Neryseth with offerings of food, even before he'd recovered enough to fly. The bronze had been extra fussy about the gold after their Flight, and K'dar knew part of that concern was for the eggs since no one was sure how they'd develop after the poisoning. Now that he'd been feeling better enough to be a bit more sociable, his dragon had encouraged him to give Lassalla a proper visit since he hadn't really done so since immediately after the Flight.

With Tibs lazily curled up around his neck, K'dar shifted the covered platter of food to his left hand before knocking on Lassalla's door. "It's me, K'dar," he called before waiting to be invited in. He actually managed a smile when he saw the goldrider, and carried the platter over to her counter before lifting the lid to show off the selection of fruit and smoked fish. "I brought you a snack and I can personally guarantee that it was prepared completely without the use of poison, just smoke, seasoning, and herbs for the fish."

Partially to prove the point, and partially because he was feeling the tiniest bit peckish, he grabbed one of the grapes from the plate and tossed it into his mouth. It was good, but he resisted the urge to grab another piece since it was supposed to be a gift. "I also wanted to check and see how you were doing, and Neryseth. I know it's been a while since we really talked at all. I was a bit... distracted for a while. Sorry about that. At least Tiberuth has been hunting for her and keeping her company." You know distracted isn't the right word. No reasonable person would blame you for your grief. K'dar ignored Tiber for the moment, since he still felt an apology was necessary. Neryseth had been poisoned, and he could have been more involved as the Weyrsecond.

And despite the recent incidents taking so much of his time and attention in one form or another, he was still going to become the Weyrleader of Igen, and Lassalla was going to be Weyrwoman. All the more reason to see her, honestly. "Are you excited about Igen? I'm not sure if the heat will make for lazy afternoons or just uncomfortable naps. I suppose we'll see how comfortable the weyrs stay."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair
Black, some grey/silver if you look close enough

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Just when she thought things had been starting to grow safe… and then more insanity. Mercifully, Neryseth had come through fairly unscathed, if a bit worse for wear due to whatever those herdbeasts had been poisoned with. She was, for the most part, back to her preening self, though she was perfectly content to pull every bit of pity and every favor she could get from the bronze that had won her. Tiberuth had been a near-constant figure, if not at the gold’s side, than at least within eyesight of her.

K’dar on the other hand, had been withdrawn. Not that they’d ever been particularly close, but he did make for good company. He provided a good listening ear, and a fairly level head. It had been horrible, what happened to his girl. The poor man had been getting nothing but trouble lately, more than once becoming a target for whatever nefariousness had been happening. He deserved to have some time to simply breathe, and Lassalla hoped that he was able to get that.

Perhaps it was a feeling, or perhaps it was that Neryseth had been so regularly speaking with the bronze, but Lassalla was glad to find that the younger man had come to be knocking at her weyr door. Crossing from the chair she’d been curled up on, Lassalla opened the door, ushering him inside. The plate looked delicious, and despite her stomach’s displeasure at many meals, likely out of some inner trepidation of eating anything after that disaster of a Flight, it wasn’t turning at the smell. She inhaled deeply, the herbs teasing and inviting, and pursed her lips with a sigh. “Thank you, K’dar. That looks fantastic.”

As she reached to take a couple of plates down from a shelf, she couldn’t help but furrow her brows as he continued. “Is that an apology I hear? Don’t you dare.” She set the plates down with a muffled clatter, turning and placing a hand on her hip as she gave him a pointed look. “You are perfectly, completely allowed to be …distracted… by what happened. Don’t go beating yourself up over taking things slow for a while.” Faranth knew she wouldn’t be the first to push him on with life. It had taken her turns to move past her own mate’s death. Point made, but not wanting to press him into things he might not want to talk about, she picked up the plates once more, offering one to him as she used a fork to move a piece of fish onto her own.

At the mention of Igen, a broad smile verging on a cheeky grin spread across her features, and she nodded lazily. “Indeed I am. I’m looking forward to warmer weather, personally. I think lazy afternoons will be a welcome change compared to the chill around here. Seems like summer only lasts a couple of days up here.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I was fairly sure I remembered you liking the fish I'd cooked last time when I was sharing some recipes, so this seemed like something you would also enjoy. Similar ingredients just a different method of preparation. Technically a different fish, but it tastes better smoked than grilled anyway I think." K'dar smiled, glad that so far his gift seemed well received. Hopefully once she took a bite she'd still feel the same, and if not there was always the fruit and maybe her daughters would be interested in having a few pieces.

He sighed as he was scolded for apologizing, though he appreciated that she understood. "I know... I've been trying to... to come to grips with the whole thing. It's been hard. But I still feel like I should have been more involved. Like I should have helped S'far more especially with more... with everything going on." Very quickly K'dar added, "He's not upset, he encouraged me to take more time, and even showed me all of the backup plans he'd had in place and how he'd delegated tasks without me. I think he wanted to show me how he handled it so I could do it too when... if anything happens to someone working under me."

K'dar forced a small smile as he took the plate and shook his head. "Sorry. I feel like planning for disasters is probably something we should talk about, but not right now. I really did just want to catch up and see how you were doing and just... chat." He shrugged as he put a piece of fish on his own plate along with another piece of fruit.

At least she was also excited about Igen. Once upon a time he knew he wouldn't have been, but the desert was growing on him a lot the more he thought about it. "I'm sure I'll miss the cold sometimes, but I think it will be a nice change." He nibbled on his fish as he leaned on the counter and studied Lassalla, head tilted curiously. "I imagine you're bringing Lirissa and Rosella, but is Kessa coming too?" He wasn't sure if the oldest daughter was more attached to Telgar and any friends she'd made while she was there.

"If she wants to stay here I'm sure I can arrange for her to come visit Igen whenever she wants; just send a rider off to grab her for you if Neryseth is on the Sands. Or Tiber and I can do it." K'dar smiled and shrugged, unsure if his offer would even be needed at all. Maybe all of Lassalla's daughters would be excited to go to Igen and see what different things they had there. "Oh! I heard that Igen Hold has a good market with a variety of seasonings and spices. So I should be able to experiment a bit more with those spicy recipes I got from Zelly once we get there."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair
Black, some grey/silver if you look close enough

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Already her mouth watered at the thought. “You remember correctly. I do rather like fish.” It was a weakness of hers, really. She may have tired of it during her days South, but anymore it seemed almost a rarity. It seldom traveled or preserved well, and often had to be consumed fairly fresh or else the consumer risked illness. Now, too, it was one of the few things she trusted not to be poisoned in some capacity, as the required freshness meant there often wasn’t time to taint it between catching and eating. A deep whiff was taken, enjoying the tantalizing smell before savoring a bite.

Brown eyes narrowed, watching the man carefully as he spoke. The bronzerider truly did have astronomical expectations set. It was no wonder he felt down when he failed to meet them. Clicking her tongue, she gave him a small shake of her head, expression somewhere between gentle chastisement and the understanding known by one who’s also suffered loss. Except he had, at least, made an effort to move on quickly. A pang of guilt over how own turns of grief pulled at her chest, and with a tilt of her head she dismissed it, turning her attention outward to K’dar. “You’ve done what you’ve been able to, and that’s more than enough for now.” With a gentle, weary smile, Lassalla took a seat, interrupting her own thoughts briefly as she took another bite. “We can worry about disaster planning later. For now, let’s just enjoy the company we find ourselves in.”

The idea of the heat was perhaps a bit unpleasant, but she had to admit she found it far more bearable than the intense cold that High Reaches promised. Neryseth certainly seemed happy with the prospect. “Mhm.” The woman nodded, humming around a piece of fruit. “The two youngest, certainly. Kessa is still thinking on it.” She flashed the bronzerider another smile, tinted with pride and some satisfaction. “White frankly, I think she might stay if it means potential for Igen’s new Weyrleader to come retrieve her from time to time. She’d rather enjoy that, I think.” Her eldest did have a bit of flare for the dramatic, at times.

“Ooh…” the woman coo’d, eyes growing wide and quirking her eyebrows briefly at the thought of new recipes. “I like the sound of that.” She popped another bite of fish into her mouth, thoroughly enjoying the assortment of seasonings she could taste on it, and wondering what flavors might be in store for her at their new Weyr. “It’ll be interesting to see how the kitchens adapt. I imagine a lot more drying and salting, since it’ll be too hot to preserve things in other ways.” She’d had dried and preserved fruits before, the methods preserved and carried by traders to Gathers, and absently she thought those might become a favorite snack. “I’m excited to see what new delicacies await us.”

A look was cast toward the dragon room and the ledge beyond, where Neryseth and Tiberuth rested in the sunshine, a thought occurring to the woman. “And I’ll bet with the heat, the Weyr lake sees more action at all seasons. Here it’s damn near frozen in the winter. It’s no Ista or Katila, but I bet it’ll be nice.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar managed a smile as he nodded. "I know... it's just hard sometimes. I've been trying to remind myself to just focus on what I can." If he was a bit more honest with himself all of that work had been good for keeping himself distracted. Maybe one day he wouldn't need it, and to that end at least Tiberuth seemed to think he'd been doing better.

Thankfully, Lassalla also thought that disaster planning could wait, and he was glad to push that off as long as possible for now. K'dar took a seat next to her, taking the occasional small nibble from his plate as he listened to her talk about her children, chuckling softly when she mentioned her oldest enjoying getting ferried about by a Weyrleader. "I'm sure Tiberuth would put on quite the dramatic show of it too just for her. Complete with roars and all."

He figured the thought of new spices would probably catch her interest, especially after he'd gotten her that recipe book as a gift. The mention of the heat and preservation made him brighten. "Oh! Lord Habraxel, over in Igen Hold, has some sort of ice house shaped a bit like a bee hive. It gets cold enough to make ice in there." K'dar had no idea how it worked, he hadn't wanted to get too off track with that quick meeting he'd had with the man. He wasn't even sure if the Lord knew how the structure worked for that matter. "I'm sure we'll still have plenty of dried and salted things though, I'll probably find a new spice and herb mix for my smoked fish. Maybe I'll try drying some venison."

The thought of trying to expand his own recipes made him smile a bit. "You know, it wasn't until you were interested in my camping recipes that I started to try and make them better and do more with them. So I guess I should thank you for that. I don't think I would have even thought about the spices otherwise." K'dar finished off the last little piece of fish on his plate and added, "Hopefully I can find some time to go fishing after the move. I might just have to do a nice trip before it opens up."

Now that he thought about it, hadn't Lassalla mentioned wanting to go camping at some point? He turned to her, head tilted curiously as he asked, "Did you want to go too? Could be a last little vacation right before we get busy in the new Weyr."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)