World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.08.28 | Knowing Doesn't Make it Hurt Less
8pm | R'dare

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
This. Sucked. Just like the wound in the back of her chest. Sucking chest wounds; she'd have to thank Rh'us and Gail for the book, since that was the only reason she even knew what it was called. The thought made Zelana start to chuckle, but the sound led to a hoarse rattle deep on her lungs that made her start to cough in a wet spray. Both laughing and coughing were incredibly painful at the moment, and it left her gritting her teeth and rapidly taking shallow breaths that hurt slightly less than normal ones.

That was when she realized that she actually had a visitor, and held up a hand while she tried to collect herself. She'd been drifting in and out of consciousness and had just kept her eyes closed to not bother having to stare at nothing or her very sedated brother in the next bed. Now that she heard a voice that didn't belong to a healer she cracked her eyes open and saw R'dare. She grinned, the expression genuine, but a bit dulled by an exhausting amount of pain and drugs to make that same pain just a bit more bearable. "Oh hey," she said in a soft whisper before frowning. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you too did he?"

She didn't remember much, though she didn't think she'd seen much either as she'd laid on the floor gasping and gurgling for breath, coughing bits of pink foam up. Just that it was a man, and she thought he was tall? He had loomed and had done something with her blood, had said something about that before he'd knelt down and then Shadow had appeared. And then Shadow was just trying to cuddle her on the floor for a bit before she'd passed out.

Everything else had been especially hazy after that. Zelly knew that R'dare and Lazerat had gotten back at some point, her brother had been panicking and had to be sedated. A healer had told her as much the first time she'd woken up enough to ask why he was in a bed too. She blinked for a moment and frowned, realizing that she might have missed something R'dare had said. "Sorry, didn't hear you." She gave a small pat to the bed next to her. Hopefully since she was lying on her side there would be enough room for the bluerider to join her. "You should come up here. Cuddles will make it easier to hear you. It's true."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’dare froze when Zelana laughed. Was Lazerat awake now as well? He should probably leave them alone so they could check in with each other and reassure the other they were fine. But Lazerat wasn’t moving, not even when Zelly started coughing. He quickly finished crossing the room and came to a stop again at the foot of her bed when she seemed to have recovered. Now that he was this close, he wanted to turn around and run away. He couldn’t do this. He couldn’t see someone else he cared for suffering but to make it worse—this was his fault.

But he hesitated too long in making his escape and gave the barest of smiles with his greeting, “I’m okay.” Smiling used to be so easy for him. Some of its light had dimmed after a couple of friends died and more when his dad was murdered but thanks to other friends, he had found some joy again and didn’t feel bad when he smiled or laughed. Then Dareji was killed only ten days ago and his world was turned upside down again. And the message… now he was paranoid as well but doing his best not to fall apart as badly as he had previously. Working harder, helping friends more, and then crying alone in between.

He shook his head, letting Zelly know it didn’t matter that she missed what he said and that it wasn’t important. He wasn’t important so why was his family and now him being targeted? Another smile was attempted because it was expected as she tried to making cuddling into a Healer approved cure for hearing but it still didn’t reach his eyes. But it did get him to move closer, though he didn’t do as requested after that. Instead, R’dare dropped to his knees beside the bed and took her hand in both of his before his forehead came to rest atop them.

“I’m so sorry, Zelly,” his voice was raw with the anguish eating him alive and the tears he had tried to keep to himself started to flow. “He was there for me and I was careless with letting you wait when I knew I was a target.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelana quietly she studied her friend, his smile, his eyes, the way certain parts of his face were held quite tensely. A lot of it didn't agree with each other, the eyes were too sad for the smile, the tightness in the muscles too full of guilt and concern. Something was clearly wrong, even if he wouldn't say, and she couldn't tell if it was She reached out towards him for a moment before he grabbed her hand and knelt down. She opened her mouth to question him when he started to talk and she frowned, waiting instead since it was easier to listen than talk anyway right then.

Her frown only deepened though, especially as she realized he was crying. And then as he went on about how it was his fault since he was the target she was struck by how wrong it was. There was something, something that she knew wasn't right about it. The man had said something to her, said something else right before Shadow had appeared. Slowly bits of it came back and Zelana squirmed her other hand over and frantically started to pat on R'dare's head to get his attention.

"No," she said hoarsely. "I remember... he talked to me. He said this was what I get. And..." Zelly paused to wheeze as she closed her eyes and tried to remember. "It was convenient I was there, because then he could leave you... leave you a note." It had started to come back a little more clearly and she blinked her eyes open to look at R'dare again as she added, "He needed... needed more paint he said... and then Shadow came."

After a haggard bubbly breath she gave his hands a squeeze. "Try to remember that in case I fall asleep and forget." Hopefully she'd remember, maybe she'd remember more, it was hard to say. She was tired enough though that she knew it was likely she might forget it all again. Zelly tried to gently tug on him and winced as that pulled at her back. "Cuddles... it'll be good for you too."

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

"What?" R'dare likely looked a mess or perhaps horrifying with wide red eyes and tears running down his cheeks but he didn't think either of them cared. Any other time and it would have been a race to see who could come up with the teasing remark about his appearance first but for once, they were both being utterly serious.

He was frowning as he squeezed Zelly's hand in encouragement or like it was possible to magically give her his strength. He worried about how much talking or trying to recall the attack was hurting her in one way or another but didn't dare tell her to take it easy. Zelly was too stubborn to listen to him and they both knew she might hold a clue to help catch the bastard.

The attacker's words didn't make sense. If he had been confused over being a target, Zelly being one left him utterly baffled. What had she done to deserve being stabbed? It didn't entirely ease the guilt he carried for leaving her alone in his weyr but it did help clear his head enough to not wallow in every negative emotion known to humans and focus on his injured friend and the mystery. It also let him try smiling again when cuddling was brought up once more.

"Oh, fine," the smile felt a bit more natural this time as he stood and debated how they would do this. His biggest concern was causing Zelly more pain. Should they just lie facing each other? There seemed to be enough room that he could lie on his back and she could snuggle up. It took some time as they both moved with caution but eventually the cuddling commenced and he even admitted she was right and he needed it as well.

He let time pass in silence, not wanting Zelly to push herself too much with talking. But he was still trying to think what tied them together to be targets. But if he did that, he'd have to link himself to so many other victims and R'dare didn't believe everything the man had done had been for one reason alone. What linked him and his family to goldriders or even the R'nd Kids outside most of them lived in Katila. Wait... R'nd Kids and Zelly...

"Hey, Zelly?" He asked softly, afraid she was asleep again but a noise of acknowledgement answered him. "You saved A'tay and Zory. You ruined part of his last attack and that angered him." That had to be it. Unless the man was one of her past lovers taking the breakup poorly but that seemed too far-fetched. But if he was right, they couldn't leave Zelly alone. Not only had she saved two of his victims, but she also survived. Would he try again?

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

At least R'dare had listened, and more importantly, at least he'd managed to smile a little. Zelana just wanted to make sure he knew it hadn't been his fault, he wasn't the only person. And even if he had, she wouldn't have been upset. It was the attacker's fault after all, whoever he was. The stranger who had been so eager to paint his words and had been angry with her for some reason.

Getting to the cuddles wasn't the most comfortable thing, and Zelly did her best to hide the grimaces and gasps as the wound in her back was pulled and twisted. Once she was settled in though, an arm draped over R'dare's chest and her head resting on his shoulder, she was able to let out a soft, happy sigh. Worth it. Sure it wasn't nearly as fun as sex, but at that moment she just wanted a bit of comfort and touch.

She was starting to doze off when R'dare spoke again and she gently rubbed her hand along his chest as she let out a soft questioning hum. The gentle slide of her hand turned into a drum of her fingers as she considered the possibility. "I guess it makes sense," she said softly. "Has he attacked other healers?" She honestly wasn't sure, and part of her felt a little bad that she hadn't been paying too much attention to the victims that she didn't know.

Zelly shifted her weight, ignoring the discomfort so she could cling a bit more to R'dare, all the more glad that he was there. "I'm not sure what I can do. I don't even know who to try and hide or run from." She blinked as she considered for a moment and added, "But I didn't see him anyway before he stabbed me so it probably wouldn't help."

There was no way she was going to be able to sleep now, not with wondering if another attack could happen at any time. She'd been inside a friend's weyr, not even in some dark corridor or outside. Zelly gave R'dare another gentle nuzzle and tapped on his chest. "How are you doing? I know there was your sister... and then the message."

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Had other healers been attacked? What qualified as a healer? Zelly and Casa both knew some magic to help save people and there was his sister with her training in the craft. But they were all hard to judge. Dareji was clearly targeted for their family and Casa was known more as a goldrider, Weyrwoman, and a daughter of R'nd than someone that knew a few herbal tricks. He barely knew what all she could do outside of the sex klah and he spent most of his day with her lending a hand with her job. "I don't think he's attacked any healers," he finally conceded and wondered if he was wrong with his idea for why Zelly was targeted this time.

He’d have to think more on what connected them or at least why they were being targeted specifically later. Maybe he could bounce ideas off of Casa and get a fresh perspective. He’d also talk with A’tay and Lazerat to see about setting up some kind of rotation to watch over Zelly while she recovered. Regardless of whether his theory was right or wrong, the attacker would likely lose his shit at Zelly surviving. Maybe he would panic at the thought that she remembered something important and could identify him and get sloppy on a return visit and they would be ready for him. Wishful thinking.

He flinched at the mention of his sister and tried to cover the action by adjusting how he held Zelly. He had been thinking briefly of her minutes earlier but it was an abstract thought and simply as a healer. But thinking on her as his bubbly little sister that was murdered was a lot harder. “I’m fine,” or rather, he was better at holding in his emotions after having practice after his dad’s murder. Someone, he forgot who, said he was still in some weird state of shock and didn’t fully believe Dareji was gone. R’dare couldn’t fully argue with that since it truly was hard to believe she wasn’t with them anymore but when it did sink in, he usually excused himself so he could be alone to cry or even get angry.

You should tell her that. You shouldn’t keep everything bottled up. His dragon brushed against his mind, doing his best to be a calming presence but R’dare still shook his head at the idea. I don’t think we’re that close of friends, Daisi. We chat but we’re more just fuck buddies. Doesn’t hurt to try. She’s kind of a captive audience either way. R’dare gave a soft snort of laughter which meant he had to explain now or be quick with a cover story.

“Sorry. Daisi’s trying to convince me to talk to you about everything, especially since you can’t go anywhere. You can fall asleep, which I don’t think he thought of but it’s okay if you do.” It was almost preferred if she did. He didn’t want to burden anyone else with his troubles, especially not a friend that barely survived an attack in his weyr. “The short of it is sometimes I cry and sometimes I get angry that it happened. Don’t know if you noticed, but I’m down a chair at the dining table. It may or may not have met the floor forcefully a few times.” Not his finest moment but it did help get some rage out before he crumpled to the floor beside the chunks of wood to have a good cry.

“I also hate that my memories of the times dad called me Breezy have been sullied by that note written in…her…” R’dare sniffled and wiped at his eyes while forcing himself not to break down again, not now. “And to top it all off, R’dal was nominated to tell me. He’s been my best friend since I can remember. Practically family to us so he was just as devastated and then he had to tell me. I still don’t know who was doing the comforting.” He gave a short broken laugh, recalling the way they held each other, collapsing to the ground in shock and tears.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Maybe it was because of whatever the healers had given her, or the pain itself, or that pesky blood she'd lost, but it felt odd that other healers weren't attacked. Zelana frowned as she tried to think about it. "So if it wasn't for helping A'tay and Zory... then what did I do to deserve it? And if it was that, then why not the other healers? Is it because it's their job and I'm just some... candidate?"

It made sense to part of her, but Zelly was pretty sure it wouldn't as soon as she was feeling better. She hadn't even fucked anyone really scandalous lately? Aside from the usual scandalous lovers not really. If A'tay didn't know about her little adventures and have boundaries for where those adventures could not happen (alas, their comfy bed was tragically out of bounds!), she might have thought it was him. But aside from him being the best pickle ever and not minding what she got up to, she knew she would have recognized him no matter how covered up was.

Zelly blinked as R'dare started to apologize, thinking that maybe she'd done something to make him think he'd hurt her or upset her, but then he mentioned his dragon and continued and she nodded. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to and if you do tell me, I won't tell anyone else." She frowned and gently reached up to pull his head the tiniest bit closer so she could give him a quick and gentle kiss without having to lean in.

"I can't imagine how I'd feel if anything happened to Laz," she said softly. "Even if I wasn't as close to him as I am, I just... I don't know what I'd do." She gave his arm a gentle squeeze with her hand. "I don't know if I'm any good at comforting... but I am good at blowjobs. Well... when I get better I will be. Otherwise if you want you can come visit me whenever you want and I can still cuddle at least. R'dal can even come too."

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“I hope you never have to find out. It’s awful, Zelly. Dareji and I weren’t that close and it still feels like I have a hole in my chest. Before I Impressed, my name was always shortened to Rain—Ranedaren, if I never told you. I found it odd being called R’dare pretty much until I graduated but I’m happy Kadaisicalth chose it now.” His name would help keep his sister alive, even if only to him. Maybe he could also honour her memory by asking Casa to teach him a little of what she knew when it came to herbs. It wouldn’t be anything near what Dareji had learned or how she wanted to help people, but he’d be better equipped if the attacks continued.

At Zelana’s offer for blowjobs when she was healthier, R’dare found himself laughing again. She was already helping him more than she realised and he placed a kiss atop her head. “Sometimes I swear you and Casa are the same person. Comfort sex and oral are her go-to choices as well. Not that I mind! Usually. Can’t be in too low of a place or it feels like pity sex or you’re too consumed by the grief to have a sexy thought regardless of the person in front of you.” Casa had tried after a couple of months of his moping after his dad’s death and that had been the right time for him. He knew he had been in a slump and he and Kadaisicalth had been a little worried about him. It really made him see how important friends were and it was a reminder to watch how deep he sank this time.

“Anyway, I’ll tell R’dal about the cuddle offer. I know he’ll see it as helping both of us so expect him soon. But don’t expect to wheedle anything else out of him like you did with Zory. I still can’t believe you managed something!” R’dare laughed even as he pouted. Zelly was his strongest competition for collecting all the R’nd Kids and she had pulled far ahead of him now by getting A’tay (obviously), K’dar, and Zoremet--whom he had but she shouldn’t! “It should be a half mark.” He was clearly teasing and enjoying the distraction that it was from both of their pains.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

She was quite glad that R'dare hoped she'd never go through anything like that with Laz. Zelly knew grief sometimes made people bitter, angry, vengeful towards those who had nothing to do with what happened simply because they had what they were missing. She reached out and gently gave him another squeeze as she smiled. "It's a good name."

The laughter made her let out a soft chuckle of her own, though she tried to keep it soft so that the wheezing wouldn't lead to another painful coughing fit. "I like her, but she's much fancier than me. Much more important." After a moment she added, "Much more blonde too." With R'dare so close she just wrapped her arms around him as comfortably as she could. "And you just let me know when you're not too sad for fun. And if the healers say it's okay I'll be there." Her hand slid down to give R'dare's ass a gentle pat and a feeble squeeze of appreciation.

"I didn't wheedle anything out of Zory." She pouted up at the bluerider. "He was just willing to experiment. I don't see why R'dal might not want to give something a try too." She did stick her tongue out at him though as he mentioned trying to only make it a half point. "I'll see if I can convince A'tay to have a threesome with you." And maybe she'd see if he would be willing to try one of the lighter sex drugs to see if that would help get R'dare his elusive check.

If he could handle it. That thought made her give R'dare's ass another series of soft taps as she lowered her voice to a whisper. "Just make sure you can handle him. He's an impressive pickle." Sure it was possible that R'dare had already seen A'tay naked at some point, but casually seeing A'tay naked didn't convey the gravity of the situation. So she gave a small nod and repeated, "A very impressive pickle."

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

"Are we thinking about the A'tay? Good for him in the pickle area but I don't think you're going to convince him to go for a threesome, especially with me." R'dare considered everyone in that family to be a friend but he was closer to some than others. A'tay was a little younger and shy and despite living in the same Weyr, didn't really hang out in the same circles. Zelly was probably their closest tie now. But now he was thinking about what exactly the bronzerider was packing and he pouted at the woman he was snuggling. "I was starting to be okay with not getting him or K'dar without a lot of luck and a green Flight and then you had to mention A'tay's dick. Don't tell me about K'dar, I don't think I could handle the news right now." He was being intentionally dramatic about it to keep the good time going and mood light. If they weren't so close together, he would have draped an arm over his forehead to complete the performance.

"So for payback, I'll point out you're too late for R'dal's experimentation phase." At least in thus area he could playfully one up Zelana. "Mylo and I were each other's firsts and R'dal and I were each other's firsts. Then one day the three of us decided to try something together. R'dal figured out he wasn't into what Mylo had on offer but I had an amazing time." Or, as amazing a time as three young and inexperienced friends could create. It may not have been anything as wild as what he now got up to but it was memorable and special to him all the same.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelly gave a tiny nod. "Mhm. And I might! I could tell him all about how much you helped me and how much I appreciate it and you're also sad and worried and clearly he should give it a try at least once." She certainly was willing to give that line a try, but she also knew that she wasn't going to try too hard. She actually liked A'tay enough that she didn't want to pressure or push him too much, just encourage and gently chip away. Maybe one day he'd be more open to such things, but until then she at least was able to have her own fun with him and enjoy the perks of being his weyrmate. Though that did mean she'd have to move for his promotion.

She brushed that thought aside as she watched R'dare carry on in an overly dramatic fashion. Zelly lifted her head just enough to look around and make sure no one was around before she softly said, "Really K'dar was easy. I was only joking at first but I realized he liked that I was being pushy so I just... pushed really hard. But I don't tell you all the details, I don't want to break your heart more."

The bluerider's terrible payback had her pouting though. "He can have more than one," she whined. Zelana considered teasing him back with a story of her own recent threesome, but decided against it. That wasn't quite her secret to tell after all. So she just huffed and gently smacked at R'dare and muttered about how horrible he was until that little bit of exertion left her too tired to continue as she carefully caught her breath.

"You're awful. I was going to ask if you would visit me after I go to Igen, but now I don't care." She stuck her tongue out at him to emphasize the point. Except she was joking so after a few more minutes of carefully breathing and wishing her lungs worked right she added, "You should visit me though. Until I can get a dragon of my own at least and can visit you."

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R’dare worried they had pushed Zelly to her limits for the moment and didn’t bother with a comeback about not being invited to visit in Igen. He knew she was joking and while it would have been fun to riff off each other a little more with pouting and teasing, he was content to hold her in silence for a while. Lazerat was still sleeping from whatever they gave him and A’tay hadn’t returned yet so playing a cuddle buddy or someone to hold light conversations with was fine by him. It helped ease some of his guilt as well. She may have been a target for a specific reason but she was still in his weyr and her blood was needed for the message on his wall. The mark on her neck would always be a reminder of that and it was only thanks to Shadow’s timely appearance that it wasn’t worse.

He was just starting to think Zelly had fallen asleep again when she startled him by speaking, picking up right where they left off. “I’ll still visit you even after you get your own dragon,” R’dare promised, a small smile appearing briefly. It was good to hear some more positivity. Despite everything that had happened in the past year, his friend wasn’t screaming as she ran back to a Hold or declaring that she never wanted a dragon. He wouldn’t have blamed her with the way dragonriders were dropping. Goldriders had especially been wearing a target on their backs and if he was a woman that hadn’t Impressed yet, R’dare had a feeling he might bow out for a while. But Zelly still spoke of getting a dragon.

“It’s inspiring how fearless you are. You don’t let anything get to you or hold you back. You’re going to be an amazing dragonrider, Zelly.” It was so easy to imagine her leading in some capacity and being a role model to young female Candidates no matter what colour she Impressed. Given her personality, R’dare hoped Zelana got green or blue as he didn’t want to see her caged. Wild spirits needed to be free and she could offer so much more on the lower colours.

After another little break in conversation, R’dare felt he should encourage Zelly to rest as he started to worry she was pushing to stay awake. “You can sleep, if you need to. I’ll stay until A’tay returns and then I’ll swap out with him. And I promise I’ll arrange for the best cuddlers on Pern to come. Healers can only do so much, after all.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)