World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.08.18 | Laced with a Familiar Taste
3PM | Open

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
You're going to sleep all day if you don't wake up, Pardrith warned. Ch'es hummed and snuggled closer to his dragon, eyes still closed as he tugged the dark hatchling's tail as if it were a pillow. Exasperated and amused in kind, Pardrith nuzzled his sleepy boy's face for a moment before he stood quite suddenly. Ch'es's head dropped heavily, waking him fully as the back of his skull thumped against the ground. He blinked up at Pard with a pout before finally rolling over.

There were few stragglers in his class, most everyone else already up and starting their daily routine. Ch'es was normally among the first awake, but Pardrith had kept him up late into the night and early hours of the morning regaling him with dreams that had woken the young dragon, and the few sparse hours he'd managed had been fitful.

With no time for a real breakfast, Ch'es resigned himself to sharing some of Pardrith's meal - a practice that disgusted nearly everyone in the class - until he spotted a fruit basket by the door. A few pieces of fruit were missed already, so the boy saw no harm in snagging one for himself as well after he got dressed.

Ch'es snagged a carambola, choosing the symmetrically shaped fruit for its ease of being able to eat it on the run. Though others would undoubtedly prefer to cut it in neat, star-shaped slices, Ch'es chomped right into one of the five ridges to chew on the sweet flesh. He frowned at a tinge of bitterness to it, disappointed that it wasn't sweet all the way through. Perhaps it had yet to ripen all the way.

Unconcerned, the boy snagged a bucket of prepared meats for Pardrith and let him eat while they walked to their lessons. An attendant stepped forward to take the bucket as soon as Pard had devoured all of its offerings while Ch'es finished off his starfruit and swiped its mixture of sour-sweet juices from his chin.

It was only midway through the first lesson when Ch'es felt dizziness strike. Automatically, his heart palpitations began as he already anticipated the panic attack. Since his recent admission of his troubles in class with Mylorah, the boy's eyes automatically sought hers out as if to ground himself. What had she told him to do when he felt one coming on again? Sleep, he remembered then. So this was just because he hadn't slept well.

Pardrith growled at his side, concerned when Ch'es draped his arm over the hatchling's back and took shallow, panicked breaths. Despite knowing his boy's wishes to keep the issue secret, Pardrith, too, could feel the wash of panic himself. His soft growls then became furious snarls, teeth bared at any of his siblings and their bonded who were too close. Space, the little dragon knew. They needed space so they could breathe right.

Ch'es's eyes wheeled with panic. This was not how today was supposed to go. The lesson wasn't even that stressful, so why was this happening now?? He understood this part, and liked this aspect of learning! Why, why, why?

Despite having Pardrith do his best to help Ch'es keep his feet, the boy's arm slipped off and he fell to all fours in the sands. One hand lifted to clutch at his chest even as Pardrith lunged at one of his siblings who dared to draw closer to investigate, teeth snapping with enough intent to harm any perceived threat that it was clear it wasn't a game.

When Ch'es slumped fully to the ground, his mind quieted in stark contrast to the panic Pardrith felt before, the hatchling stood over him defensively, tail lashing furiously as he warded off the others. Clearly, they had done this to his boy. They weren't allowed to come closer!

The young dragon's own breathing was ragged now, and each time he swung his head around to snap or snarl at nearby movement, he stumbled over his boy's prone form. It was the determination to protect Ch'es alone that kept him from succumbing to the unconsciousness that threatened the edges of his vision.

You won't hurt him! the frightened, furious hatchling yelled out to them all. Even weaving on his feet, it was clear he was ready to fight off any who dared to draw close without an explanation first.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

I'vens
of Bronze Sherekhath

Date of Birth
19.07.725, 19
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
lean and athletic
Hair
Blonde medium to shoulder length depending

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
I'vens was exhausted. He still wasn't sleeping much whenever he was on his own futon, or even curled up with Sherekhath, and he'd been taking advantage of every little venture out to the bowl with classmates to just pass out and try to catch up on sleep while the bronze played. Eventually Sher would finish up and then plop down next to him, sometimes with a sleepy playmate, sometimes leaving it just the two of them, and that was nice and he was sure that one day in the future he'd look back fondly on the moment and think it was adorable but for now he was just too tired to care. It might not have been so bad if Mylorah wasn't so fond of her Harper friend.

The old man just had him on edge with all of his smooth charm and his puppet shows and the way he occasionally looked in Mylorah's direction. It made him uncomfortable, and he'd just done his best to avoid the man entirely rather than try to think too much about it. Except that they were in the same section of the weyrling barracks, and I'vens swore that every time he got up to go grab some water or use the bathroom, L'ri was also awake and sometimes scribbling something in the dark in the dimmest light and that was just some of the creepiest shit.

He tried not to think too hard on it, tried to just ignore and forget the man so that Sherekhath wouldn't pick up on it. I'vens wasn't sure if his tactic was working or if his bronze just didn't care about his concerns, but- When is food? He blinked, his thoughts interrupted and immediately fading away as he stared at the little bronze who patiently watched him. "What?" Food. Let's get some. "Oh... yeah. One moment." I'vens groggily rolled out of his futon and went to grab a bucket of meat so that Sher could eat and once that was done the dragonet started to trot off after his darker bronze sibling.

I'vens hadn't even noticed the fruit, even when Ch'es had stopped to grab a piece, until his dragon's inquisitive voice popped into his mind. What is that? "Hm? Oh, fruit." Is fruit good? I'vens blinked and looked down at the basket, shrugging and grabbing a star fruit of his own to eat. "Yeah, I guess." Can I try? I'vens blinked down at the dragon and shrugged. "Sure why not? Fruit's healthy." He grabbed a peach, biting into the star fruit to hold it in his mouth as he walked and shakily cut the juicy stone fruit in half to pop out the pit, shoving it in a pocket (he didn't want the chore of cleaning up everything just for one discarded peach pit), and then tossed the halves to Sher who happily caught them mid air and gulped them down.

He only took a few more bites of his star fruit before tossing the rest into a bin he passed by, there was something slightly off about it he couldn't put his finger on, maybe it was just due to where it had been grown, he wasn't sure. He was explaining how things could taste different in different places when he settled in next to Ch'es. "Those taste better back in Igen. At least I think so. I couldn't finish mine."

Was he even paying attention? Probably not, but I'vens was too tired to care, just kept on babbling about fruit trees and dirt and Igen and other nonsensible things. And then Ch'es seemed bothered by something and Pardrith became clearly agitated, chasing him back and away. "Hey... hey maybe he needs a healer. No one wants to hurt him." Except he was also starting to feel a bit off, even drowsier than he already had been despite moving around and having a small bite to eat. And his chest was having trouble getting full breaths. There was a moment of panic from Sherekhath as the dragonet stumbled and began panting on the floor. "Sher?!" He frantically caught an assistant's attention, asking for a healer before turning to check on Ch'es and Pardrith. "Hey, help is coming can you just... just calm down. Oh fuck, Sher..." Sherekhath seemed to be having even more trouble breathing, he was dizzy enough that I'vens stumbled and fell down to the hard floor too, almost crashing into Pardrith and Ch'es as he did so.

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

If no one wanted to hurt him, then why was his boy hurt? Pardrith would have demanded it of his brother's boy who tried to logic him into calming down, but how could Ch'es lay there prone? The dark bronze opened his mouth in clear threat when his brother stumbled nearby, automatically assuming it was a ruse for an attack. When Sherekhath only fell as his boy did, Pard blinked in surprise.

A roll of nausea had the hatchling looking back to Ch'es. Panicked, the little bronze pawed at his unconscious bonded with desperation until he was on his side. The young weyrling's gut convulsed twice in slow order before he vomited the contents of his stomach. Pardrith pawed the sick away so Ch'es wouldn't roll in it in his unconscious state until finally, healers arrived.

- - -

Ch'es recognized the infirmary immediately upon opening his eyes. When he'd first come to Telgar, his wherry wounds had been extensive enough that daily treatment had been an occurrence for several weeks. He recognized, too, the familiar warmth along his arm. Turning, Ch'es smiled weakly at Pardrith though his respirations were faster than he was accustomed to.

Hello, Pard. He made a slight frown. Are you supposed to be in here?

They couldn't keep me away. The hatchling had to promise to stay out of the way whenever the healers came in for treatments. And there was always the threat that an adult dragon would simply reach through the doorway and drag him out by his tail if he caused trouble. But the hatchling had been true to his promise and lay beside his boy's bed with his head settled on the infirmary bed so that he was always touching Ch'es in some manner.

For hours, the hatchling had watched his boy, fearful of the worst. It didn't help that there had been others poisoned. Conditions seemed to range greatly from mild symptoms to ones similar or worse off than Ch'es.

The freckled boy reached over to rub his fingers gently up and down Pardrith's face between his eyes and down his muzzle, hoping to soothe. He was rewarded when his dark bronze closed his eyes with a contented sigh.

I'm sorry I've worried you.

Pardrith only grunted his acceptance and nuzzled closer to Ch'es's arm.

Looking around, the hunter took note of others. Sherekhath is here, too?

Sensing Ch'es had forgotten his brother's bonded's name, Pardrith added, And I'vens. They didn't want to separate our class when others fell ill, too. It was easier to treat everyone, dragon and bonded, in the same place.

Pardrith left out that he had kicked up a grand fuss when they made to separate and carry his brother elsewhere. How was he supposed to ensure he was also safe if he couldn't watch over him, too? The young bronze had made his point clearly, and the healers had seen reason and had the good sense to actually listen.

Nuzzling more firmly against his boy, eyes still closed, Pardrith sighed. You should rest more. Your head hurts.

Ah. I thought it was yours.

I didn't eat poisoned food.

It said it was from T'ryn. I didn't even think... There's no way T'ryn would do something like that. Maybe it was just bad fruit.

His dragon slit his eyes open at him, orange with annoyance. It was poisoned.

I'vens
of Bronze Sherekhath

Date of Birth
19.07.725, 19
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
lean and athletic
Hair

Threads

I'vens had been lucky enough to not finish his fruit, had only taken a few large bites out of it before tossing it, and so despite the fear and panic he'd had once the initial symptoms had begun to kick in, he'd been responding rather well to whatever it was the healers had been giving him. But that initial fear he had was nothing compared to how how terrified he was for Sherekhath.

It was also hard to say who was feeling what at any given time, and a wave of nausea from him was occasionally responded to by the dragonet, or vice versa. There had been a lot of vomit, a lot of choking down medication, and a lot of desperate panicked clinging to Sher before some fellis was shoved down his throat and he eventually passed out. At some point he'd woken up and remembered seeing the Weyrleader just quietly talking to the healers and to some man who looked remarkably like his uncle, but he'd drifted back off to sleep at that.

He was woken up by a different surly bronze nearby, and with a soft groan rubbed at his eyes before squinting until he focused on Pardrith's distinctive hide. Oh good, at least Ch'es was awake. Though he felt a spike of fear as he wondered where Sher was. They tried to take me away from you! The bronze's voice was almost shrill with anger despite the wheezing gasps for breath I'vens could feel through the bond.

With a shaky push he sat up enough to turn and spot the bronze lying nearby on a little infirmary bed of his own, covered in a blanket. It would have been cute if Vensy wasn't terrified. "Hey, you should go back to sleep, you're making me feel like shit," he said hoarsely to the dragonet.

And then he heard his uncle's far too cheer voice and the man was there, shoving Sherekhath's bed closer until it was butted up against his own. As soon as Habraxel had walked around to his side of the now double bed he flung his arms around the man in a tight hug as he trembled.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.04.699, 44
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sexy.
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Well this was ridiculous, and upon their arrival at Telgar Weyr and all of its chaos Habraxel had found himself quite glad that he'd brought Kaya along with him. His nephew had been poisoned and instead of letting him go see the boy the Weyrleader had tried to push some minor hold's second son onto him?! He'd apologize to Yfris later for being so cranky, find some way to make it up to the young man, but he'd not been in the most diplomatic of moods.

At least S'far had finally taken him to the infirmary, where he got to see his nephew, and also see the little striped dragon that had been fighting to stay near him to the point that he'd bitten someone. Such an adorable little thing! He'd convinced S'far to let the little one stay, and then demanded that he get his own bed because their infirmary wasn't that full, they could spare it. And while the southern half of the territory beholden to him was within Ista Weyr's domain, with Igen Weyr closed, Telgar was the one that he sent grain and goods to for the northern half. And for the next few months until Igen Weyr was open (new he was quite excited about), a bit of appeasement here could ensure a few added supplies in those wagons as a gesture of appreciation.

After that it was just a matter of walking around, watching things, observing, occasionally stretching his legs outside while Kaya offered her assistance to the healers like the terrible woman she was instead of appeasing him. So when on one of his ventures back into the infirmary he heard Vensy's voice he'd excitedly strode over. "Ah! You're awake! About time too, young man. You had me quite concerned. You miss your little friend? I can fix that."

He'd grabbed the bed and just pushed it over until they had a cozy little double, and then gone around to check on the boy only to find himself tightly squeezed in a rare display of physical affection from the boy. Habraxel frowned slightly, some of that worry resurfacing as he very carefully returned the hug and rubbed his back. "You look better than you did when I was here earlier. And there are so many striking young dragons! I don't think I've ever seen these sorts of marking before. Who's your little... ah.... brown friend?" He honestly wasn't sure to be honest as he peered at the neighboring boy and dragon.

As soon as I'vens released him from the hug he introduced Ch'es and Pardrith as friends and corrected him on the color. Habraxel smiled and turned to give the pair a bow. "My apologies. I'm not as familiar with these things and have never seen such a dark shade of bronze before. And it is a pleasure to meet you Ch'es, any friend of I'vens is welcome in Igen Hold."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Ch'es had scarcely had the time to wake fully before a man was making himself quite comfortable in their room. By the way he embraced I'vens, the boy assumed they were kin. He felt a pang of jealousy that there was no one to come and visit him in his sick bed that Ch'es firmly attempted to squash down. It was an ugly emotion that he didn't care for. Of course, Pardrith sensed it and snuggled more firmly against his boy in silence.

When the man regarded the pair of them, it was Pardrith who lifted his head to glare at the old geezer who dared to mistake his color. He supposed he could forgive the transgression as his coat was quite striking. No doubt he'd been blinded by it! Ch'es let out a soft snort of amusement and scratched along Pardrith's neck.

Turn away, the dragonet warned the others just as Ch'es twisted violently to vomit into a nearby bucket. Nausea had come on so fast that now his lingering headache made sense. While Ch'es continued his miserly dealings with his revolting stomach, Pardrith continued on to use his voice to hide the worst of the sounds of his bonded's sick. He says he's sorry for this. And that he'd rather have met you under different circumstances. Asking now for his own curiosity, the dragonet continued. Are you related then? You bear a semblance.

Finished with his vomiting, Ch'es dry-heaved a few more times before he ended up panting into his bucket of sick. The smell of bile and sour stomach contents did little to assuage the difficulty breathing until a healer bustled in with a cup of tea. The scent of peppermint at least chased off the lingering smells and helped the wave of nausea pass more quickly. At the encouragement to drink, Ch'es chanced a taste and wrinkled his nose at it.

"Well, what were you expecting? Hot cocoa?" the healer demanded with a puff of annoyance. "Hurry up, drink it down. All of it now." Only once Ch'es had dutifully swallowed all of it did she take the cup and bucket both before hurrying off to assist another.

I'vens
of Bronze Sherekhath

Date of Birth
19.07.725, 19
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
lean and athletic
Hair

Threads

I'vens felt himself go cold and pale and shaky as he watched Ch'es vomit despite the warning. He shut his eyes and held his breath and did his best to try and get his own stomach to settle down. He could feel a gentle pat on his back, hear his uncle telling him that sometimes a good vomit was helpful to the soul, and while he nodded in understanding that didn't make him stop fighting the urge. Sherekhath crawled across the bed to more firmly press against him as he grumbled and wheezed, still frightened but feeling calmer at least with so many people around.

When the wave of nausea finally passed, Vens nodded at Pardrith. "This is my uncle, Lor-" he paused as his uncle cut him off with a too sharp slap and small correction that made him wince and the bronze lift his head to hoarsely growl before having a coughing fit and cringing in pain. I'vens grabbed his own head as he winced and tried to figure out if the pounding headache was just his dragon's or if it was also partially his own. There were quick muttered apologies, a hastily brought drink that quickly chugged and then immediately threw back up into a bucket before having to drink another one that he at least kept down.

"Ofuck," he said with a hoarse curse as someone brought a piece of meat that even he could smell off for his dragonet to eat. He sighed and gave Sher a pat. "If I have to have terrible medicine you do too." The bronze gave him a pout before reluctantly taking the offered meat and though there was a rumble in the dragon's belly loud enough to be heard, he kept it down and settled back against his boy. I'vens gently gave the dragon a few soothing pets before nodding at Pardrith and Ch'es. "So yeah... this is my uncle Brax. Pardrith did you get hurt too or just Ch'es?"

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

The lingering taste of peppermint at least chased off some of the bitterness of whatever concoction the healer had brought him. Ch'es didn't miss the older man's quick correction towards I'vens despite his distraction but made no real note of it to Pardrith either. The boy offered a strained smile to this Uncle Brax before turning back to Pardrith and leaning forward to smooch the end of his dragon's nose.

No, I didn't get hurt, the young bronze replied. He'd certainly become scared, though. And apparently scared Pard called for aggressive Pard to hide the fear. Settling his head heavily on his boy's chest until he felt the way it made it more difficult for his bonded to breathe, Pardrith opted to nuzzle between Ch'es's arm and side. The dragonet purred quite comfortably when Ch'es draped that arm over his muzzle in a semblance of a hug.

Who else would keep an eye on all of you if I got poisoned? the bronze demanded with an overinflated sense of self-importance. In truth, the youngling hadn't done much other than grumble at anyone who drew near that wasn't already a known healer. Even those the dragon knew were suspect considering the delivered poisonous treats had been labeled as from T'ryn.

There is no way T'ryn would do that, Pardrith, Ch'es explained patiently. It must have been a trick.

Maybe befriending you was the trick, the dragonet muttered quietly. Simply too tired to argue, Ch'es only shook his head and let it fall back on the pillow.

More than eager for a change in subject, the freckled hunter turned to regard Brax again. It's nice you were able to come to visit I'vens. But how long have we been ill? I thought Igen Hold was some distance away. Pardrith translated patiently, though he had his eyes closed now and otherwise appeared to be ignoring the others.

Date of Birth
02.04.699, 44
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sexy.
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"Oh good, I'm glad you weren't hurt. You'd need to be in tip top shape to keep an eye on your young man after all." Habraxel smiled at the bronze, finding it amusing how much it reminded him of one of his children going through a petulant adolescence, old enough to have quite serious opinions about themselves without any of the temperance or experience of age. Dragons were such fascinating things! It was good to hear they'd be back in Igen hopefully soon enough.

And Vensy had one too! He glanced over at his nephew's dragon curiously, despite it having growled at him for the backslap earlier. "Could I give him a pat or is that rude? If he's even up for it, I know he's not feeling well." He was pleasantly surprised when his nephew allowed it and pointed out an appropriate spot to stroke along the dragonet's neck. "Very soft," Brax said with an appreciative nod. "Hopefully you both continue to recover quickly. And if you don't think the healers here are up for it I know quite the lovely lady who has a few tricks up her sleeve," he added with a wink.

He turned his attention back to the darker bronze once he realized the voice he'd heard in his head belonged to him on behalf of his boy. "Oh! Not very long. Earlier today? Yesterday? I'm not completely clear on the details, but I'd already arranged for a dragonrider ahead of time to bring myself and a companion here to visit I'vens once my niece told me he'd Impressed. The timing was just either tragic or fortuitous depending on your view I suppose. On the one hand I don't get to spend as much time with Vensy as I'd like, but on the other I get to be here to try and offer a bit of support while he recovers."

Habraxel stroked his beard for a moment as he studied Pardrith and Ch'es curiously. "Dragons are so fascinating, and yours is just so very striking. I'd be quite interested to see how he looks once he's grown. So, where are you from young man?"

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Pardrith's opinion of the man lifted when he seemed to realize how important the hatchling's job of caretaking truly was. Without his presence, who knew if these three would ever get the right care! Not only that but the healers were so overwhelmed at the moment that Pard simply couldn't trust that they would be on guard for any suspicious individuals. That I'vens clearly knew his Uncle Brax was the only reason the dark little bronze hadn't kicked up more of a fuss over his arrival.

When Brax answered Ch'es's question to Pardrith, the boy smiled a little and let his eyes close as he listened. He quite enjoyed the fact that people naturally responded to Pardrith instead as it took quite a bit of social pressure off him.

The information struck true, and Pard confirmed with a subtle nod the timing of their illness. Poisoning, the young bronze corrected Ch'es. It was important to him that his boy not continue to explain this away as just a random sickness and not a pointed attempt to cause harm.

When Brax complimented Pardrith's hide again, the dragon lifted his head and turned to hum at him with rare appreciation. While Pardrith was quite affectionate with Ch'es, his attitude towards others was decidedly less so.

I come from Lemos. Sensing that Brax came from far greater means than himself—who could just arrange for a dragonrider to carry them about like a pack mule other than someone of importance—the boy added on more. I lived outside the Hold.

Pardrith, unable to resist talking his bonded up, added, He even built his own shelter! He lived in the woods and lived off the land and would take furs and pelts to the Hold to trade and sell.

He doesn't need to know all that, Pard, Ch'es reasoned, cheeks reddening.

I don't see why you're embarrassed about it. It's amazing. You were barely more than a hatchling yourself. While his siblings had chosen others who came from means or had been well cared for all their lives, the dark bronze prided himself on choosing a survivor who had carved out a life for himself despite adversity.

I'vens
of Bronze Sherekhath

Date of Birth
19.07.725, 19
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
lean and athletic
Hair

Threads

It sounds interesting though. Pardrith is right, you shouldn't be embarrassed. I'vens considered scolding his bronze for butting in, especially since it felt like the dragonet was responding to a private conversation. Instead he just turned to Ch'es and said, "That sounds interesting. I used to go hunting when I was younger."

His uncle scoffed. "Younger? You mean like last year when you and my two oldest boys took the horses out and chased down boars with spears?" I'vens rolled his eyes and blushed slightly but managed to hide it easily enough. "I guess it didn't feel the same as hunting with a bow," he said. Truthfully he just didn't want to think about what else had happened on that particular trip, especially considering why he was there in the first place. We're here because we were poisoned, Sherekhath patiently reminded him.

If Habraxel thought anything was odd about the comment, if he'd even heard it, he didn't say. I'vens tried to move the conversation on a bit, and just said, "Maybe we can go hunting sometime after we graduate." There. Topic neatly and tidily closed without any opportunity for his uncle to try and encourage them to do anything since there was the subtle reminder they couldn't until after they graduated anyway.

Not that his uncle didn't try anyway. "Well if they ever allow you a little break or field trip you both are welcome to go hunting in Igen. It's good to see that my nephew has a talented friend with such a fierce protector." I'vens made a note to apologize to Ch'es later for having accidentally dragged him into some sort of friendship.

Seemingly satisfied that his nephew was doing better, Habraxel leaned down to give I'vens another quick pat and some whispered words of encouragement. "And your friend is cute enough, do try to recover quickly and have a bit of fun. I'll try and visit some other time perhaps." Straightening up he called for his mistress before leaving the boys.

I'vens waited until he was quite sure the man was gone before turning to Ch'es. "So... sorry about that... my uncle can be a bit much."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)