World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Out of the Closet [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
While walking down the main hall, you hear what sounds like someone shouting. Following the sound, you come discover that someone has somehow ended up locked in a storeroom. You can't see a key anywhere near by...

What do you do?

[sup]open to any and all. Have fun![/sup]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
It was late afternoon, and Jada was stomping down the main corridor in the Weyrfolk hall, trying to remember where she was supposed to go. She hadn't found Talian at the Healer Hall, for some strange reason (she'd thought he never left!) and the woman who directed her here had mentioned he was... down which hallway? There were so many, and she'd thought she said the third on the left, but Krypth had been chanting a song about numbers all the way here, and now neither of them remembered where Jada was supposed to be going.

"Where are you?!" she yelled, and a woman who was at the end of the hall jumped, stared at her, at the dragon at her side, and scurried on her way. Krypth's disapproval was blatant. "Sorry." Jada called after the vanished woman, and she heard a muffled "oay" from somewhere in that general direction. Krypth's head lifted, and she glared into Jada's eyes.

You don't yell in someone's house, Jada. Disapproving dragon was disapproving. It is rude. Why don't you simply knock on a door? Like a normal human being would?

"Krypth, why don't you wait outside. Like a normal dragon would?"

I'm not normal. But she was clean, else she would never have been allowed inside. As it was, it was only because she hadn't grown into her length that she was able to slink in through the corridors that were not built for something of her size. And she had agreed to wait in the main hall and not go down any side passages. When you are Weyrwoman, you should have them build hallways bigger, so that my hatchlings do not have this issue.

Jada rolled her eyes, and glared at the dragon from the corner of her eye. "Krypth, Tsuen isn't going to be retiring for a long time." she told her bonded affectionately. "Why don't you mention it to her? Or E'lore?"

Tsuen has a little baby, and E'lore has much too much to do with the Weyrwoman's distraction. And Nirinath would forget to tell her. But we will remember. We are clever. It made perfect sense to the dragon, who was already anticipating the future, but quite forgetting to add in the variables. They slid a little further down the hallway, Jada appreciating the obvious work that had gone into the building, when her companion lifted her awkwardly large head. Do you hear that?

"Hear what?" She couldn't hear much of anything in the halls except for the click of nails, the slither of scales, and the bumping of boots on stone.

Hear the AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Jada jumped out of her skin as the dragonet screamed, as an example, of course.

"Oh, sweet Faranth! Krypth!" Jada stumbled, pale in the face, laying her hand on a door. Which promptly jumped under her touch as something slammed into it from the other side. Jada shrieked, and Krypth bugled in alarm, and the door jumped again. "Krypth!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Such a fun noise, and Jada jumped so well!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Jada clearly heard from behind the door.

"SHARDS!" Who was beating on the door?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Indivara decided quite unhappily that she simply should not have gotten out of her bed that morning. Of course, that would have been easier to accomplish if her mother's stupid green dragon hadn't chosen to thrown a mighty hissyfit right outside her bedroom window, screaming some bullshit about Faranth knew what, while babbling crap about something else. Indivara didn't know, and her head hurt at the mere memory of the incident. The stupid dragon drove her insane and quite possibly at that moment, there was nothing more horrifying than the idea of Impressing a green - No. Gold still cropped up at the number one awful occurrence, but if she Impressed one of those horrible green monsters, Indivara was quite confident at that moment that she would somehow manage to throw herself between before the horrible mouldy creature could touch her.

Give her a nice male dragon please and thank you.

And so her awful wake up call had been followed by an atrocious morning lesson, in which she had mouthed off to her teacher and been required to hand around after class so she could be strongly lectured on exactly how a young lady should behave. Indivara was trying to figure out where the stupid woman had been hiding to think for even a moment that she was a lady. Did she not see the lines on her face from Hoth? Did she not see the dirt on her hands or the ink on her arm or the scabs on her knees? Was she blind? To test this theory, Indivara had lifted on filthy hand and waved in front of the woman's eyes, then flicked her on the nose. "I'm no lady!" She'd spat out, scowling, and gotten herself into more trouble, had to listen to more lectures, and ended up being almost missing the entire next morning class.

Then it had been lunchtime, but Indivara had found herself confined to the classroom where her teacher stood over her and made sure she wrote down every word and answered every question and at least looked like she was learning instead of just staring into space with a scowl that twisted the scars on her face into a threatening array of lines. Because Indivara's scowl hadn't been deadly enough without them. Her icy blue eyes had been alive with fire when she'd finally stalked from the classroom, intent on going to fill her stomach with food and skip out entirely on her chores (Numbweed gathering? No, thank you very much!). After all, it wasn't like she was needed and the only one that would dob her in (Kerrin!) was liable to be skipping out on them himself!

With that being decided, Indivara was fleeing the Crafthall when she was waylaid by a group of weyrbrats lead by a young Northerner (she knew who were, because Indivara knows everyone to some degree) and they asked her to help them find their missing canine. Normally, Indivara would have told them to shove their canine up their rear and continued on her way. However, Indivara also happened to like the canine in question, and so had grumbled but agreed to help. After all, she wasn't going to do her chores and she could filch from the kitchens before she went into hiding; B'jin was usually easy enough to get food out of. The man was way too soft when it came to big eyes and 'innocent' children (Indivara had been working on Amorandii for almost two turns now, and the child was coming along very nicely).

So. Indivara had dumped her school work at the double entrance doors and run down the halls with the Northerner and the group of Weyrbrats that had been collected to look for the missing canine. What Indivara hadn't expected, however, was to be ambushed by a boy a handful of turns older than her who apparently held a grudge about a kick that had come out a bit too high once upon a time. In her opinion, he should suck it up; Kerrin took far worse punishment and he didn't lock her in a cupboard - which was exactly where the older boy shoved her. Now, Indivara doesn't normally take well to being shoved, and today was no exception. Unfortunately, being barely four feet tall and skinny as a twig, Indivara was tossed with ease and toppled backwards into the storage room. By t he time she'd gathered her wits and her balance, the child had been locked in blackness.

That was when her true fury was released. The girl had flown at the door like a summer storm... and smashed into it, crushing her nose with enough force to make it bleed, though tentative fingers along the bridge proved she hadn't broken it. Blood was pouring down her face as she screamed incoherently at the locked door. The boy on the other side laughed, the son of a threadscored wherry, and then she heard him walk off. Again, Indivara threw herself at the door, screeching death threats through the blood on her face. If the fury in her had been flammable, the entire Weyrfolk Hall would have gone up in flames.

"AHHHHHHHH!" The shriek of pure rage was followed by another pounding on the door, fists and feet both, and she barely heard the sound of Jada swearing on the other side. Smashing both her hands into the door again, Indivara's voice was thick with rage. "LET ME OUT! DAMN YOU TO THREAD YOU SON OF A WHORE FACED WHERRY!" A tiny pause. "LET. ME. OUT!" Each word was punctuated by an attack on the door, which refused to give way beneath her rage.

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The door was dancing under her hand and Jada hissed, springing backwards. Krypth caught her and the two of them stared at the door for a moment in some consternation. I think someone is stuck in there. Krypth's observation was truly profound, and Jada bit her lip, wringing her hands. I don't think it was on purpose. Yep. Profound. Jada rolled her eyes, and took a step closer to the door. She could hear yelling on the other side, but not quite understand all of the muffled words. The Harper did get the impression that the person within was yelling LET ME OUT than LEMME OW.

"Hello?" she called, and felt Krypth at her back, trying to listen herself. "Can you hear me? Hello?"

They sound familiar.

Jada reached for the handle of the door, jiggling it. Not opening? What? Jada tried again; it wasn't as though they really had too many doors that locked in Katila. What had gone wrong? Was something stuck inside? Shards, she was a Harper, not one of those door-fixing people. Jada tried again, shoving down on the handle as much as she dared. "You're tall, so you see a key on top of the frame? Maybe a spare?" Then she shook the wooden door, fiercely. Then she kicked the door, infuriated. The voice had sounded familiar, and it was still screaming, words that were mostly inarticulate in outrage.

Okay then.

Wait, familiar voice? Was that- Indi? No. She was far too intelligent to have gotten herself locked in a closet.

Jada! Ladies don't kick doors. The long golden body stretched itself a bit, looking over the door frame. No key. The gold lowered herself with great decorum, peering up and down the hall. I could just call someone to come and help us, you know.

"I'm not a lady!" she snapped, driving her boot home next to the handle. "And you will call no one. We can take care of this without being a bother." Determination.

Bring it, the door said. Bring it.

Jada, I don't think you should keep kicking the door. You'll hurt yourself.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"LET ME OUT DAMN YOU TO THREADFALL!"

Indivara's screeching voice overshot any ability to hear Jada as she queried to the contents of the cupboard, her fists once more bashing into the door, the child wondering how much effort she would have to put in to break the damned thing, while blood slicked down her face and under her chin, dripping onto clothes and floor. She was going to kill him! Slowly! Painfully! In pieces!

Indivara shrieked in surprise when the door attacked back, shaking as she drew her fists back to pummel it. The girl stared with huge blue eyes as it moved, before stopping. A tentative hand was placed on it, her fury momentarily forgotten in the face of a door that fights back, just as Jada's kick landed on it and the door came to life. Indivara swore loudly, and then bashed both fists on the door, realising swiftly that someone was on the other side.

"LET ME OUT!" Her words were carefully articulated, and filled with fury as she bashed both hands on the door once more. Unfortunately, the bloody nose made her careful articulation come out funky none-the-less, and Indivara gave a loud hiss of fury and kicked the door again.

"Jada?" That was definitely Jada's voice. Indivara stepped back from the door, one hand lifting to press to her temple. Wonderful. Just what she wanted. Needed. Desired. Jada to find her locked in a cupboard with a bloody nose and the desire to kill. Sharding brilliant

On the other hand... "KRYPTH! GET ME OUT." As much a mentally exerted call as a vocal one, Indivara tried desperately to get the damned golden dragon to hear her. They hung out enough, right? She could hear her, right? She damned well better! Indivara lashed out at the door again, snarling.

Bloody dragons!

[sup]Hi. My names Indivara and I'm a raging troll xD[/sup]

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Someone wasn't very happy. "I am trying to let you out!" Jada yelled back at the contents of the cupboard as Krypth said, It seems to be the little one. Indivara. The Harper's eyes widened, mind whirling with the thought of just how very angry the little imp was going to be when she was finally freed from her confines. Should she leave her in there, until she cooled down? Or would that only put her on the list? And with how hard to understand the voice had been-

The door kicked again, and Jada pushed at the door, playing with the handle ineffectually. "Krypth, so you think you could push on the door?"

You're being an idiot. Obligingly, the gold reared back on her haunches, and struck at the door. At six months old, the claws dug into the wood and left a lovely gouge, but didn't jiggle the lock. You're going to get in so much trouble. The voice was almost pleased. I think I have a splinter! A splinter, Jada! A splinter!

Oh, Shards!

"And how would you handle it?"

You're not used to having a dragon yet, are you? We have this useful little talent, you see, Beloved. It is called communication. With the mental equivalent of an eyeroll, the dragon reached out with her mind, reaching for another mind and asking Who would have a key to the closets in Weyrfolk Hall? And when she had the answer, she turned her head down to her Bonded and said, E'lore. I'm not going to disturb the Weyrlady. You go ask if you can borrow the key.

"You think she'll give them?"

Indivara is locked in a closet, Jada. Indivara, dear one, hold on, I have sent Mine to go and beg. E'lore for a key.

Obediently, the Harper darted off in search of the brownrider.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara was growing more and more unhappy as the time passed her by, and she was still - still! - locked in the closet like she was worth  no more than an old rag, and unwanted jumper in the summer heat. It was just disgusting and instead of settling herself, or becoming claustrophobic, Indivara was instead becoming more and more enraged. Now, however, as her nose finally started to clog up (even if her front was painted in the dark red, drying brown, shade blood takes on) the child became enraged, but her fury was now dedicated to the slow boiling that milk takes on.

It was getting hotter, and hotter, and bubbling -- but not quite hot enough to explode in all directions like lava from a volcano.

Not yet. Soon.

Soon.

"Tell her to hurry up," Indivara ground out between her teeth, responding to Krypth more vocally than mentally, and she snarled at the door, teeth gnashing as she spun and began to pace the two steps of space given in the tiny compartment. She was going to kill that boy.

KILL HIM.

Blood. Guts. Glorified gore.

He would die.

Slowly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I would look faster, dear. Indivara is very angrily stuck. Not just stuck. Krypth felt the need to encourage her Bonded on whatever journey she was going on. And in the meanwhile... she reached out to the dragon of the one her Bonded was going for, the Brownrider E'lore, and asked very quickly if someone other than E'lore would have the key to closets in the Weyrfolk Hall. Oh, someone else did? Lovely.

Before Jada was even to the turn in the hall, information had been passed, the need impressed on other minds and knowledge flowing back and forth, ending in Go to the right. Don't bother E'lore, she's too busy. Rhaedalyn, that little tailor girl, has some chores helping out in this building today. Krypth had no idea who Rhaedalyn was, but Jada surely would!

One person to the next Jada darted until she was finally pointed to the correct person who had the key today. And, of course, it wasn't Rhaedalyn by now. It was an older woman, in her forties if she were a day, who took her time as she pleased and grumbled a bit when Jada walked too fast in the direction of the girl trapped in a closet. Shards and shells! "You've got the right key," she asked again.

"Yes," she replied for the third time out of five askings.

She had almost come without the key at all!

"I'm back!" she cried as she urged the woman around the corner and waved to Krypth. The Gold bugled happily, the sound ringing through the hall and almost stunning the approaching women. Aiiie. She hurried to the door, the woman behind her; in moments, the key was fumbling in the lock, the door opening for the trapped child.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

"It's about damned time!" Indivara snarled through the door, giving it a solid kick when she heard Krypth bugle. A moment later, the door burst open and Indivara blinked at the sudden light as her blue eyes - which had been wide open in the darkness of the closet - narrowed against the brightness and with fury as she glared at the woman who was collecting her key and moving off once more. A whole platoon of abrasive comments were fighting to be freed and lash out on the stupid bitch that had left her locked in the cupboard.

Instead, Indivara snarled to herself and wiped at her bloodied face with one wrist, oblivious to the blood she'd managed to get all over her shirt. She couldn't even recall what she'd been doing to end up in the damned cupboard to start with, but she was furious with the son of a bastard that had locked her in it. Hard blue eyes turned on Krypth, and Indivara spoke in a dangerous, chilling tone - sickeningly sweet.

"When I kill him, will you throw the evidence between?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Sorry!" Jada yelled through the door- as though the girl couldn't hear. Indivara had ears like a dragon, and- Ack! She danced backwards as the door jumped again, fretting and wringing her hands as the woman stuck the key in- and the door swung open, revealing a bloody-faced Indivara, who looked... well... normal. All in all, except for the blood on her face, she looked just as angry as she normally did, just with a distinct target this time.

Jada winced as the girl wiped the blood off on her shirt. Someone was going to have a terrible time trying to get that out. "What happened, Indi?" she adked, and was not at all surprised to be disregarded in favor of her dragon. Indivara and Krypth had that unhealthy bond going on between them, which made the Harper wonder sometimes if Krypth had gotten them mixed up at the Hatching. After all, the two women had been very clo-

Wait, WHAT?

You know I would be more than happy to do so for you, as soon as I am older. Krypth arched her neck, pleased that Indivara would come to her for such a favor. So wait until I can do so. Vengeance will be all the sweeter for them not expecting it.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)