World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.08.10 | Be Young and Be Dumb
3AM | Open

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
[ooc note: Song Inspiration]

Ch'es groaned at the heavy weight on his chest and tried to shove at it without fully waking. Not to be ignored, the weight grew even heavier, and the boy recognized his dragon's nose shoving more insistently into him. Eyes still closed, he blindly reached up to pet Pardrith. Is everything alright? What do you need?

But instead of answering, Pardrith only pulled his head away from those soothing hands and braced against Ch'es's shoulder before shoving him unceremoniously off the bed and onto the floor.

Landing with a heavy thump on the fur-lined hollow that was meant to serve as Pardrith's bed, Ch'es growled. We've talked about this, the boy grumbled.

Instead of the hatchling launching into an argument about how he should still be allowed to sleep in the bed despite his quickly growing size, Pardrith hopped off the bed and snagged Ch'es by the pants of his sleep clothes and started to drag him.

Feeling the pants start to slip off his hips, Ch'es hissed and sat up to swat lightly at the misbehaving dragon. Stop that! What is it?

Pardrith huffed as if to say, 'finally!' Blowing out a breath, Ch'es stood and followed the bronze from the weyrling barracks. He bumped into the dark hatchling when Pardrith came to a sudden stop. With a frown, he got down on all fours to peek around the corner alongside his dragon and noted the way Pardrith watched one of the attendants.

What are we doing? You're not sneaking us out, are you? Why? Ch'es jolted when Pardrith's tail whipped at his thigh in admonishment as if to tell him no more questions. On a tired sigh, he relented. Fine, fine. Lead the way.

Keeping behind his dragon's dark body for cover, Ch'es followed him until they were free of the barracks and out of range of any listeners. Are you going to tell me what this is about?

I want to swim. And I heard the lake reflects the galaxy at night and wanted to see it.

Who even told you that?

Ch'es felt rather than saw the dragonet shrug. Keep your secrets then.

Can't you move any faster? the bronze asked with amusement, and bounded into the dark, leaving Ch'es to follow. It became a game then, of who could race faster to the lake. While Ch'es stumbled at the shoreline, Pardrith plunged right in. Ha! I win. You hesitated.

I don't want to get my pajamas wet, Pard.

Fine, fine. There's a seat up there. See if you can see the galaxy in the lake.

Not unwilling, Ch'es glanced over to the boulder he could just barely see in the light of a crescent moon and scrambled his way up onto it. Perching on the flat surface of it, he let his legs dangle down while Pardrith swam in lazy circles in the shallows. Don't go out where you can't touch the bottom, Ch'es instructed with worry.

I am an excellent swimmer.

Yes, well, if we get caught because you wanted a moonlight swim, it's me who will get yelled at for endangering you, he pointed out.

Seeing the reason in his boy's argument, Pardrith relented and kept close to the edge. Can you see it?

There are too many ripples to make sense of any of the reflections. You'll have to stop moving for a bit to let it all settle.

Pardrith hummed and lay down to lounge where the lake lapped at the shore and looked to the sky where stars glittered and blinked like precious gems in the dark. The pair continued to star gaze until the lake water was almost as still as glass.

It does look like the galaxy from up here. If I didn't feel that I was looking down, I could believe I was looking up there.

See? Wasn't this a good idea?

I guess, Ch'es admitted with a fond smile.

Suddenly, Pardrith stood and whipped around back the way they'd come. With a growl, the dragonet splashed through the shallows to leap up onto the rock his boy was perched on and made to guard him against whoever approached with an arched back and bared teeth.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah was awake and could feel Amagrith stirring as well. She was starting to believe the chubby gold and her siblings really were the cats that so many of their markings reminded her of. They were a playful and confident group but loved having cat naps whenever they wanted. Sure, it was probably because they were still only a week old and it was normal for that behaviour but it made her smile all the same thinking about having a pet cat and dragon rolled into one. She had once told Tazikel that she thought owning a cat would be lovely and he decreed that the adorable black and white one that roamed the Hold was unofficially hers. That grumpy girl would be missed.

When she heard movement, Mylorah got excited and focused on who it might be. She had befriended everyone in the class by now to some degree but that didn't mean everyone would want company in the middle of the night. When she finally made out the shape of Ch'es moving stealthily towards the exit. Odd but odder still when she didn't hear anyone questioning him. Had he really just snuck outside? She waited several more minutes but no commotion ever came. Maybe they were just quietly sitting outside like she and Amagrith had done a couple of times. It probably meant she should leave the bronze pair alone but they hadn't had much of a chance to catch up since Impressing and what if she was wrong and the bronze pair was getting into mischief again?

Quietly as she could, Mylorah rose from her bed, grabbing her boots as she went, though they stayed in her hands. This wasn't the first time she had ever snuck out of a barracks, after all. Amagrith was already looking up at her and the curiosity was felt through their bond but Mylorah held a finger to her lips to keep the gold quiet. That was something she taught Amagrith early on, though not entirely meant for such a reason. She had simply worried about waking others at night so it was kind of the same idea. She pointed toward the exit and the pair picked their way through their slumbering classmates, down the hall, and somehow passed by the assistant undetected.

Once outside, she couldn't see the bronze pair anywhere, though with that dark hide, she wasn't too surprised. Pardrith has been very excited about the lake recently, Amagrith shared as she stared off in that direction. Great, so they really had snuck off to get into mischief. Were they already caught? The assistant's dragon didn't seem to be around anywhere but maybe he was able to have a nap of his own in his own weyr for a bit? Mylorah clung to that hope as she slipped her boots on and led the charge to the lake to rescue her friend before anyone noticed them missing.

They are there! Amagrith announced, a tad too excited for what they were doing. Mylorah quickly hushed her but was glad for the dragon eyesight spotting them so they knew what they were approaching. Since her cream puff hadn't mentioned anyone else, Mylorah continued on her trek. Although, she would have anyway. She had already decided to take the blame if they were caught and if someone happened to find Ch'es first, she'd say she was running late and had convinced him to meet her.

"Ch'es, what are you doing out here?" Mylorah asked softly at the same time Amagrith chirped and headed for the water's edge. "Amagrith, no. We can't go back wet. Okay, fine, just your toes." The golden dragon stepped just enough into the water so that it rose only a couple of inches up her legs but Mylorah could tell the dragon was still pouting at only being allowed to do that much. "It's a search and rescue, not adding to the crime." Amagrith's nose lifted in the air and she daintily stepped back out of the lake. It's too cold for my tastes anyway. Whatever worked to keep them on track.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

With a huff, Pardrith relaxed as he recognized his sister. Her bright hide made her easy to pick out even in the low light. The dark bronze slipped down off the rock and joined his sister near the water's edge, watching her with some mischief as he purposefully sloshed right back into the lake when she'd been denied entry. He settled himself on his belly until the water lapped over his back and dipped his head down to blow bubbles while his boy offered a hand down to Mylorah to help her up on his rocky perch.

I wanted to swim, the dragonet answered for Ch'es. And I thought we could look at the stars at the same time.

Narrowing his eyes, Pardrith wiggled his bum under the water's surface and dashed out to race at Amagrith to pounce on her. The smaller hatchling nipped playfully at the gold's neck before bouncing back into the safety of the lake that her girl had determined was 'out-of-bounds.'

Pardrith, that's not very fair,Ch'es pointed out as he watched his young dragon tease Mylo's. The dark bronze only lifted his head with a huff, unconvinced that his playing was unsportsmanlike. He was smaller and had to take every advantage he could get!

I like the quiet, Ch'es thought, curling his knees up to his chest as he looked up to the sky. The caldera granted enough view of the night sky, but he knew after riding with Tiberuth and K'dar that there was so much more to it than their currently limited view. It's hard to hear so many voices all the time. I can't always hear myself.

Patiently, Pardrith translated for his boy while he stalked his sister from the water and waited for his next chance to pounce. Seeing his next opportunity, he dashed out from the water again. But instead of pouncing, he gave his boy's words some thought and flopped instead right in front of Amagrith to paw at her muzzle. Fine, fine, he'd play fair.

He's wondering what you're doing up. Did we wake you? It must have been Ch'es. I was very sneaky, the bronze claimed. With sand now clinging to his soaked hide, Pardrith squirmed from under his sister to splash back into the lake and paddle around in lazy circles, silently enticing his sibling to join him.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah frowned at the offered hand but relented and let him help her up to sit down. “Only for a few minutes,” she knew they had to get back before they were missed and chaos ensued. Honestly, they had probably already been spotted by the watch dragon or maybe Venseth or Tiath were lurking somewhere. But she would stick to her plan if that time came. For now, a few minutes of enjoying the still night would be okay.

Amagrith snapped at Pardrith’s tail as he darted away but didn’t pursue him. For one thing, she had been denied going into the water and by her own words had deemed it unworthy of her for the time being so she couldn’t go back on it now. But the stars also caught her attention and she stared up at the sky. It was very pretty and she could easily see herself and Mylorah sitting together and observing the stars together even when she was bigger. Maybe they could have friends with them as well. Snuggling together and just looking. It seemed peaceful. And no pouncing would be allowed! She gave her brother a look as he flopped down beside her before taking a step back. You’re filthy.

“She’s not a fan of wet sand so I can’t wait to see what happens when she discovers actual mud,” Mylorah explained with a small smile for her dragon. She personally didn’t go out of her way to jump into mud—since leaving Katila anyway—but she wasn’t one to freak out over it either. Mud happened. “But it is nice out here. Sometimes quiet and alone with your own thoughts is needed but it can also be lonely if that’s all you have.” She took Ch’es’ hand and gave it a little squeeze as a quiet sign that she wasn’t judging where he came from or still craved but that she would also be there when he didn’t want to let the loneliness sink in too deeply again.

“You were very sneaky, Pardrith,” Mylorah assured the bronze. “Your hide blends into the night very well and you were light on your feet as well. I was simply just awake. Amagrith and I have been enjoying short naps but I think they’re getting a little longer now.” Maybe in another week or so they would be getting closer to sleeping through the night and only need a little nap during the day. It would be nice to feel slightly normal again even if she was going to have to adjust to a whole new daily routine for a year.

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

If Pardrith was offended by his sister's claim, the little bronze didn't show it. In the water, he splashed loudly every now and then to garner her attention and pull it away from the stars just to see if she'd consider joining him.

On the rock overlooking the dragons, Ch'es's lips pulled into a subtle smile and he squeezed Mylo's hand in return. He didn't point out how he'd never have to feel alone again now that he had Pardrith. Even if it was just the two of them against the rest of the world, he thought he could feel content with that. But sitting there in the quiet with a friend just looking at the stars, he supposed that was nice, too.

Mylo's compliment left Pardrith preening and shooting his sister a smug look. Her hide couldn't blend into the night like his! Though, he supposed she could blend against the sun once they started flying. Since the gold wasn't taking his bait, Pardrith slapped his tail against the water and set a splash toward her. Eager for any retaliation, the dragon bowed down in preparation for play.

Class makes sure I'm barely left with alone time, Ch'es admitted. Even ready to play as he was, Pardrith continued to translate for his silent mate. It's overwhelming sometimes. I like smaller doses better, but Malvayth had a large clutch. Which meant constant crowding and constant conversations. It didn't help that sometimes his heart beat so loudly in the middle of class that it hurt to breathe. That there were moments when it felt like a bird was trapped, fluttering and frightened, in his chest and desperate to get free. It was only by his request that Pardrith did not mention them despite the hatchling's concern. They always passed with time.

But maybe you should tell someone. You trust Mylo, and she's here in the quiet.

Pardrith...

His chest hurts during class sometimes.

Pard!

Unbothered, the little bronze continued. His heart pounds too fast and too hard. Sometimes he gets dizzy, too, and it feels like he can't catch his breath.

Ch'es lowered his chin to his knees, resigned as he pulled his hand from Mylo's. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it. Not one that I can figure out. Sometimes, there's nothing happening at all. But I can still run laps and it doesn't hurt then.

He worries a lot.

Have you ever felt anything like that? the boy wondered. I thought if it was poison or something, I would have gotten worse. But it just comes and goes.

And he's got this dumb idea that someone would take me away from him. The annoyed tone of the little bronze's voice made it clear how he felt about that particular concern.

What if you were wrong? What if there's something wrong with me and you were never supposed to pick me?

Fully abandoning any pretense of playing with Amagrith now, Pardrith trotted around and leaped up to his boy's perch to butt his head against his forehead enough to smart. Wincing, Ch'es lifted his hand to rub at his throbbing head. I did not choose wrong. You're mine. And that's that.

Sorry...

Considering his point made, Pardrith hopped back down with a stern nod and settled nearby to groom his toes.

Still avoiding Mylo's gaze, Ch'es stared straight ahead at the still rippling reflections of the galaxy above on the lake's surface.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah’s face alternated between a frown of compassion and worry the more Pardrith spoke. It was so easy to forget that a lot of the people she knew from Candidacy were Searched and some only within the last few months. Despite the differences in lifestyles, so many seemed like they were adjusting just fine and that included her young friend beside her. Of course she had only seen him for a few weeks thanks to living in a different Weyr before they Impressed together so maybe she missed a lot and only saw what she wanted to see but she was learning more now.

“Oh, Chir,” she threw her arms around her friend to give a comforting hug. She didn’t worry about Amagrith since she had already learned that sometimes humans and even dragons needed such a touch to help feel better. Since Pardrith had shared all the fears, Mylorah didn’t worry about the little bronze either. “It’s okay to have worries and fears or be overwhelmed with all the new information and responsibilities.” She pulled away so she could get a clearer look at Ch’es again and offered him a small smile and confided, “I’m a little scared, too. What if I do something to hurt Amagrith? What if I fail at being a goldrider? And I’m sure more will come the further we go and start learning actual skills.”

Ch’es’ fear of having his dragon being taken away wasn’t really one she’d experienced after the initial shock and belief that someone had to be playing a prank on her but she understood the fear all the same. She was a child of R’nd, after all, and one of the gifts of his bloodline that could be inherited was the fear of everyone leaving. Losing her mother and little brother in the landslide and then their stepdad refusing to continue raising her and K’dar was the start of her fear. If she really wanted to analyse her relationships and how scary only loving one person and only being with one person was, then she’d probably link it back to the idea they would leave her as well. But she had also inherited R’nd’s ability to ignore obvious truths and Mylorah was happier for it.

“Only death can separate the two of you now and I know that won’t happen for a very long time. You both already have such a deep bond and understanding of each other. You’ll take care of one another but you’ll also have friends like me or Sironar or Cazan to help you when you need an extra hand or a lap to rest on.” Her smile grew, showing her confidence in Ch’es and the belief that they’d both make it through the next year, even if they had scary moments or hard spots to get through.

With a pat to his knee, Mylorah slipped down from the rock and Amagrith waddled over to rub her head against a bare leg. She hadn’t bothered to change out of her sleepwear of a tank top and shorts so she was certain she was making quite the fashion statement with the added boots and rumpled hair. “But we better get back before we’re noticed gone. Or, more likely, more people notice that we’re gone.” She pointed up to where the watch dragons were always located day and night and that one of their guardian dragons had probably been watching them as well. She gave Amagrith a pat on the head with one hand and offered the other to Ch’es so they could walk back together.

“Oh, and,” she started softly almost afraid to give voice to it after all, “the chest pain and dizziness? It’s not poison. It’s love. Loving someone, including your dragon, so much that the fear of losing them hurts. But just focus on the love part and that they love you back. It’s what I’m trying to do.”

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Ch'es shivered in Mylo's arms despite the balmy night but relaxed quickly enough with her gentle comfort. He was still getting used to hugs, and Sironar was one of the only ones who indulged on occasion. It helped to hear someone as educated as Mylorah also struggled with similar concerns of failure or not being good enough.

He smiled fondly to hear Mylo repeat some of Pardrith's own thoughts on his worth. How could everyone else think the best of him while he only had the worst in mind? The reminder that he had others to lean on in times of difficulty was a relief but also touched on another of his concerns.

Did they see him as a burden? Was he too needy? Did he require too much of those around him? Did they have to lower themselves to his level to try to help him rise?

Ch'es sighed when Mylo pulled away and patted his knee. She was a good friend, he knew, and one worth cherishing. The boy frowned as she mentioned heading back, already dreading the return. But he followed her gesture and took note of the dragons observing them from above. Ah. Did that mean they were in trouble, then? He'd only just started growing accustomed to being confined to all of the Weyr only to have more of his freedom removed.

It had only been a week away from them, but he found himself missing the peace he found when taking care of the horses in the stables. He felt Pardrith's offense more than anything and immediately went to soothe him. You know I love taking care of you, too. But it never gets to be just us. At the very least, the dark bronze didn't voice any further protest.

Ch'es slipped from the rocky perch to follow Mylo and reached out to accept her waiting hand. He fell still, however, when she made an observation over the feelings he'd been experiencing during class. The boy frowned deeply, disturbed.

He says it doesn't feel like that, the hatchling translated as he shook lake water from his coat and trotted to catch up with them. He pressed himself against Ch'es free side, making a bonded sandwich between himself and his sister.

Love is...easy, Ch'es continued, still frowning as he struggled to find words. It's simple and easy and, for Pard, I could take on anything if I had to. He shook his head as he pulled Mylo up short instead of letting her continue. This is...it's paralyzing. It's... Frustrated, he let her hand go and paced a few steps away only to have Pardrith follow and butt his head against him in silent demand for pets.

Panic, the hatchling decided, coming up with a suitable word for his boy. Even when there is no physical danger, I feel the need to fight off anything close to him so he can breathe.

Considering, Ch'es nodded with approval at his dragon's assessment. It feels like I'm facing a predator with no weapon, but there's none around. And everyone is pressing close and there are too many voices and sounds.

Turning back to Mylo, Ch'es gripped her hand again as if urging her to understand. That's not love. Love doesn't feel like that. Maybe he didn't have as much practice as others, considering his reintroduction into society after years of solitude, but Ch'es recalled the love he had for his parents easily enough. He knew the love he had for Pardrith. For Larrikith and Malvayth and Tiberuth and the horses and Cazan and K'dar and T'ryn and Sironar and Mylorah and S'far. He knew that love. That easy comfort and affection that came from being around those who had proven to be safe and warm and welcoming.

His concern now aimed toward Mylorah, Ch'es tilted his head. Does love feel like panic to you?

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah and sighed and decided she wasn’t going to answer. She forgot how young Ch’es still was and how simple his world had been living alone in the wild. She wasn’t about to try explaining the difference between loving family and friends and the love that others inspired in you and how terrifying it was that you could make someone love you that much and you them in return. Or the fear of losing them. It also would make her have to think about her own life some more and that was in general a no-no but even more so now with a dragonet trotting beside her.

They were also returning to the barracks and talking wasn’t a good idea if they wanted to keep what they had done to a minimum amount of people knowing. She also had no way of knowing if the watch dragon ratted them out or simply observed until they did something stupid—other than go to deep water at night—or had someone on standby that may or may not punish them in the morning. But she’d prefer to do their best to make the list of crimes be as short as possible.

Just before reaching the large entrance, Mylorah stopped them to whisper, “try to get some sleep. It will help with your nerves and the panic attacks when you’re around everyone else.” Then she leaned in and pressed a kiss to Ch’es’ cheek. “Sweet dreams,” and she gave him a little nudge to go in first. Pardrith wouldn’t draw as much attention if someone else was awake but Amagrith would and Mylorah would give them a head start just in case.

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Taking her silence as having stumbled onto shaky terrain, Ch’es squirmed and let the subject drop. Ah, he still had a lot to figure out when it came to having deeper conversations with others. He seemed to consistently veer onto wrong paths, though he couldn’t reason out when or where. It made changing his behavior difficult when he had no frame of reference. But Ch’es supposed now was not the time to figure it out.

The boy flushed at her kiss, but nodded as he took her direction. Waving Pardrith on, Ch’es let the dark bronze lead the way. As if there was nothing wrong with their nighttime swimming trip, the hatchling walked straight through. Getting in wouldn’t require any sneakiness in the little one’s opinion. It was sneaking out that everyone seemed to care about!

Sedately, Ch’es followed his hatchling to return to their shared bedroll. Settling down, he stared up at the ceiling with churning thoughts until he was certain Mylo made it back inside as well.

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
S'far stood out on his ledge, mug of klah in hand as he took a sip, eyes narrowed in the direction of the lake. Next to him Urudith sat in quiet vigilance, carefully keeping track of what the weyrlings were up to. The weyrleader wasn't sure if he was really all that surprised that it was Ch'es and Mylorah out and about. Ch'es was quite the independent boy, even if he seemed quite eager to please once he'd found something or someone to latch onto. Having a headstrong bronze probably wasn't going to help with keeping him out of trouble. And Mylorah... well, she certainly was quite free spirited and that little gold of hers certainly seemed capable enough of some sort of mischief.

They've almost run out of time. The bronze's voice was neutral, unconcerned about the potential punishments they'd receive if they didn't decide to go in on their own before their keepers became impatient and fetched them personally. He was keeping a particularly close eye on the bronze in the water just in case he had to fly over and drag him out, but so far there had been no need. S'far took another sip of his klah as he nodded. I'm aware, old man. But they haven't run out quite yet. If they don't start making progress before their time is up we'll have them fetched.

That time was quite perilously approaching when Urudith let out a soft huff. A quick peek through his dragon's eyes confirmed that they had finally started to move, it seemed Mylorah had convinced Ch'es to get a move on. He'd have to bring up his appreciation for her encouragement later, discreetly. Either way he was proud that the two had decided to return on their own. You shouldn't spoil them. S'far huffed softly in amusement. "Oh hush, she's my new gold, I can spoil her a little bit." The bronze rumbled, though not necessarily in disapproval. So long as you recognize you're doing it. They're both in their barracks now, I am going back to sleep. S'far smiled and gave the dragon a fond pat before deciding that he should at least go to bed and read until he could get to sleep himself.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)