World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.07.17 | Introducing DarDar & Teyyn
6pm | K'dar, Chironhes

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The day had cooled off just enough that T’ryn decided an evening play time in the Lower Bowl would be okay. It was getting close to the twins’ bed time but he found letting them burn off a little more energy by scampering around outside helped settle them down. Cazan would be entertaining Yfris soon so he told her to focus on wrapping up her projects for the day to get ready for that while he enlisted his brother to assist in playing distraction. It was nice having K’dar back at Telgar. Not only did it mean he was recovering but they had another willing babysitter back on the roster. And another bronze barricade.

Syrendryth and Tiberuth were in their usual positions of lying down not too far away from their little group. They helped keep the kids corralled in case one tried to make a break for it—though with two adults, they weren’t usually needed. And maybe T’ryn liked having them as shields for his family. The attacks had started up again after such a long break and it had mostly been his siblings as victims thus far. He didn’t want to think they were intentional targets but it was hard not to when he thought back on how many attacks had been in his own weyr. He quickly pushed away the memory of Parella dying in his living room before it latched on and ruined the nice evening outing.

He focused on the kids instead, smiling as K’dar played with Vayren while Carynza banged a couple of wooden blocks together. He learned early on that bringing some toys down helped a lot. Their attention spans were usually as long as a flitter’s but having options was good and the wooden blocks were current favourites. A’tay made them for their first birthday. He had stained each block a different colour, painted a letter on twenty-six of them, and numbers on ten others. They were a great tool for helping the kids with starting to learn their colours and he spelled out simple words for them—though they were probably too young for that. And sometimes they were just convenient noisemakers. But they were happy so T’ryn was as well.

“Which block is blue?” T’ryn asked and Carynza stopped her banging and looked at the two in her hands. Then she looked at the ones around her. Finally she dropped the red one in her left hand and picked up a blue block. “You found it!” He gave a little cheer and clapped his hands which Carynza mimicked but with the blocks still held so they were back to plonking against each other.

He started to build a little house with the blocks, glancing up at K’dar as he worked, “tell me truthfully; the Weyrleader’s not working you too hard is he?” S’far had been excited to have K’dar back and T’ryn admitted he was as well. The Weyrleader had been piling extra work on him to help make up for the lack of Second and to keep his mind off of the attacks on his family. It had been an oddly touching gesture but T’ryn was more than happy to turn a lot of it back over to K’dar. He just hoped the man wasn’t pushing himself too far.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
K'dar sat on the grass of the bowl, easily and casually capturing his nephews hands as they reached for the bronze egg that sat nearby in a bowl of warm sand again. He smiled, giving the hands a gentle shake as he said, "Yeah, Vayren, that's a firelizard egg. You like firelizards right? It'll be just like Sir," The boy perked up at that, grinning as he gleefully shouted, "Sir!" As if on cue, the bronze firelizard popped in nearby and moved in to give the boy an affectionate nuzzle. Then the egg caught his attention and he went to give it a casual sniff before ignoring it in favor of tiny cuddles with Vayren.

"Hopefully little Tibs is as good with the kids," K'dar said with a smile as he reached down to tousle Vayren's blonde hair. He went back to making faces at his nephew who giggled and stopped petting Sir long enough to clap excitedly. T'ryn's question made him pause the faces for a moment as he looked over to his brother and niece. "Oh it's fine. There's a lot I need to catch up on still, but we've managed to break it up enough that it's not too much. Did you know I was S'far's second?"

Finding out he was the Weyr Second had been a surprise to him, and upon looking at the records he had been for just over half a year without ever realizing it somehow. K'dar shook his head slightly, and paused to poke his adorable nephew on the nose. "Your daddy was a big help by the way, yes he was." "Teyyn?" asked the little boy excitedly. "That's right!" K'dar said with a laugh. "He really helped your uncle K'dar." "DarDar!" Vayren shouted as he reached out for his uncle who happily laughed and reached over to pick up his nephew for a hug.

Displaced and missing his cuddle pal, Sir gave K'dar an annoyed hiss before he stalked on over to lean against Carynza with a soft chirp, steadfastly ignoring T'ryn as he did so. And you went and got an egg to match that little fiend. No, I got one to match you. That at least played to the bronze's ego a bit. I suppose that is fair and fitting. Someone familiar caught Tiberuth's eye and he let out a soft low rumble as he greeted the boy. That caught K'dar's attention and he looked up, spotting Chir. He gave the boy a wave, beckoning him over. "Chir! Come let me introduce you!"

Once he'd caught up he gave Vayren a firm pat on the back. "This little guy is my nephew Vayren. Carynza is the little girl over there with my brother T'ryn. They're... a year and... two months? Three? T'ryn this is Chir. You may have heard S'far mention him. He was the one he saved from a hunting accident. He's a good archer. I think Tiber will be passing on his words though since he's mute.." The dragon gave his tail a swish as he nodded in agreement.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
Chironhes perked as he spotted Tiberuth while walking across the Lower Bowl, though his heart clenched with sympathy to see all the new scars his pretty hide bore. They certainly didn't detract from how lovely he looked, but the evidence of the pain he must have suffered only made the words from Sironar's letters all the more real. Of course, he'd believed his roommate's reports from Benden, but reading about it and seeing it were completely different things.

The boy smiled with great fondness at the bronze who greeted him readily, and his eyes moved next to the familiar form of K'dar. Upon seeing him with children and another, the shy hunter would have slinked off to catch up with him later when he wasn't busy, but the Weyr Second seemed content to have him join them based on his inviting wave.

Even with Chirp draped across his shoulders like a security blanket, Chir hunched his shoulders and dropped his gaze after meeting T'ryn's eyes just for a moment. First meetings were still such a struggle for the unsocialized youth. He never knew quite what was expected of him, what was considered polite or normal. Chatting with dragons was so much simpler.

When faced with two toddlers, Chir was sadly out of his depth. He smiled and offered a wave, but the movements felt stilted and forced. Would they be upset that he didn't say anything? Were they too young to care? Or just old enough to be offended?

It's nice to meet you, he thought, bending at the waist in a half-bow of greeting.

And it's very good to see you two again. I was really worried when I heard you were both injured. Since Tiberuth's trials were more evident, he looked directly at the dragon. Do your scars pain you a lot? Is there anything I can do to help? We started spreading oil on boar hides first to make sure the oil was safe after hearing about what happened. I'm sorry it couldn't help you.

Aching to stroke the bronze, but also too worried about exacerbating any injuries, Chir stood awkwardly on the outer boundaries of their gathered group. Spotting Sir nearby, he quickly looked away from the firelizard so as not to incite his ire. He knew from Cazan how quickly he was to rise to temper.

As if sensing her boy's distress, Chirp saved him from his shuffling stance by slithering down his arm to leap down near his feet. Automatically, the boy crouched and placed a staying hand on her head when she would have gone closer to the little ones to investigate curiously.

Belatedly, Chir clued in. T'ryn is Cazan's mate, yes? he asked, looking to Tiberuth for confirmation. Such a large family! More comfortable now knowing T'ryn at least by name and things Cazan and Malvayth shared about him, the boy's smile was more natural this time when he lifted his gaze to look at the man again. The one Malvayth kisses, he added with amusement.

Looking beyond the rider to the other bronze dragon, Chir dipped his head in greeting to him as well, his fondness for the gold female still lingering. It's nice to meet you, too.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn laughed. He couldn't help it. "I suspected you were Second for a few months but it was confirmed while you were in Benden. Did you not know?" He shook his head at how K'dar hadn't picked up on it sooner but S'far also should have told him like a normal person would have. It was honestly a relief to know K'dar had the position. S'far had pushed him for months to join the mentor program but T'ryn kept resisting until he found himself kind of tricked into anyway with how often S'far had him lend a hand with organising paperwork or making spreadsheets and charts. He did have a fondness for making those. But K'dar actually wanted to be a leader and T'ryn was happy to let him have the rank and attention.

"Your Uncle DarDar has been a big help for me as well," T'ryn told the kids and gave Carynza a little poke to her side that made her giggle before Sir claimed the other side. T'ryn gave the firelizard a glance just to keep tabs on him but he wasn't worried. Sir had an attitude but he was excellent with the twins and would defend them with his life.If anything, T'ryn was sometimes worried that Vayren would eventually catch Sir's tail in his powerful little hand and squeeze or pull. It would be a great learning experience for them all when it did happen.

He looked up as K'dar called out to someone with a name that was ringing a bell... oh right! Cazan had mentioned him. A new Candidate that S'far had brought in that Malvayth had taken a shining to. He didn't know how they hadn't crossed paths yet but was glad they were now. "Fourteen and a half months," T'ryn answered like the proud dad he was. He was also sometimes a worn out dad and he jokingly added, "I'm told in another one hundred or so months they won't be as much of a handful."

But he was smiling and turned it fully onto Chir, noting how shy the boy seemed. He hoped Mylorah didn't appear as she'd likely scare him off with her energy. "It's nice to finally meet you, Chir! I actually didn't hear too much about you from S'far but Cazan and Malvayth have told me about some adventures. The horse one I believe but I think Mal has exaggerated some other stories, although maybe you really can breathe underwater and that's how you fish." His attention was momentarily stolen away by Sir stealthily moving around Carynza until he was within reach of the little structure T'ryn had been building. He sighed when the lizard knocked it down and went back to guarding the girl. T'ryn ignored the bait but glanced at his dragon instead.

Syrendryth had given the new person enough courtesy in that he at least looked at the boy, studying him. If he was a friend of Malvayth's, then he probably didn't want anything to do with him but he lingered close enough to catch his thoughts and decide properly. He's polite at least, Syrendryth told T'ryn and then nodded his head in acknowledgement to Chir but didn't say anything. "Sorry about him. That's Syrendryth and he doesn't really talk to anyone. I think he's listening to you, though, so he may pass something along to me if needed. But K'dar said you're good at archery? I used to be but it's been a while since I've gone hunting or even did much at the range. Maybe K'dar can babysit sometime and you and I can at least hit some targets together."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar shook his head, slightly embarrassed that it took him so long to notice. "I hadn't even noticed the increase in marks really. I'm trying to pay more attention to things like that now. And I also tried to organize my weyr a little, actually using my footlocker to store important things like my pay..." He'd felt genuinely silly once he finally found all the bags of marks scattered throughout his weyr that held his pay but had never been gone through. He'd just tossed them to one corner or another or set them down on some shelf and then forgot about them until he needed to buy something. It certainly contributed to the firelizard egg he had sitting near him.

In addition to passing on Chir's messages to K'dar and his brother, Tiberuth added a more personal response to the candidate's questions. I am fine now, only occasionally itchy and sore, but it is kind of you to ask. There is no need to apologize. Once he was sure he wouldn't interrupt Tiber, K'dar added, "We're doing well. Well enough to make the trip between without any coughing fits or split hides at least." He smiled, ignoring that his voice still held an edge of roughness and that he'd nearly had a coughing fit his first night back home.

When asked about T'ryn's relationship to the goldrider, Tiberuth just gave him a small nod in confirmation, though he did pass on a more discreet message directly to his rider. I believe he is afraid of Sir. That made K'dar huff slightly in amusement. "Don't mind Sir, just come on and take a seat." As soon as Chir took a step closer though the bronze flitter puffed up in annoyance, shooting him a red hued glare before turning to T'ryn in a rare acknowledgement of the man's existence to chirp questioningly. The bronze may not have paid Cazan's mate too much mind, but without her around T'ryn was an acceptable substitute for determining who was allowed to be near the twins. As soon as he indicated it was fine, the firelizard huffed and hissed but settled back down next to Carynza, chirping with soft affection at her for a brief moment before returning to his rather stern vigil.

"Huh," K'dar said with amusement. "I didn't think he actually listened to you. Didn't he stare you in the eye once while slowly shoving your glass off the counter just to upset you?" Hopefully he'd be able to teach Tibs to be a bit more nice and polite than that. He realized that a goal of "nicer than Sir" was probably a very low bar and he chuckled softly to himself before the mention of getting T'ryn some range time popped up. "I can watch the twins. Though really we should try to go on a nice hunting trip once things settle down and get less busy. We'd have to make it something cool though... think Cazan would like a feline hide?"

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Chir chuffed out a laugh. He'd assumed Malvayth exaggerated some of her stories for his sake; good to know it was about everything in general. It certainly didn't detract from his fondness for the friendly gold. I'm definitely not that talented, the young hunter reassured. If he could breathe underwater, Chir bet he'd have swam straight down the river bordering Lemos right into the sea! If the rumors were to be believed, the ocean was full of all sorts of fish.

I'm glad you've been able to heal so well, Chir thought as he observed Tiberuth's scars again. He still couldn't stop himself from looking. The scars made him look so much more distinguished, even if the reason for them was heinous. Both of you.

When Syrendeth nodded to him in acknowledgment, the boy beamed a sunny smile. Quiet himself, he never begrudged anyone not wanting to chat. Body language was often enough for Chir to at least infer if he was being a bother or not. That Syrendeth didn't grumble and move away as Urudith tended to was proof enough that the bronze dragon at least tolerated his presence. It suited the boy just fine; not everyone needed to be overly friendly, and he could find the behaviors a bit overwhelming at times anyway.

I don't mind, Chir reassured. Besides, the freckled teen was convinced anything he had to 'say' wasn't really all that important anyway unless he had to communicate some grave danger. Admittedly, he was still very much getting used to living as part of a community. Idle conversations just weren't things he had a great deal of experience with.

As T'yrn mentioned shooting targets together at the archery range, the boy nodded his head with a smile. He'd prefer if he could use his talents to good use and help hunt quarry for the Weyr, but S'far had effectively put a stop to that with the recent attacks in mind and Malvayth's prizes waiting for hatching. Chir found himself aching for the freedom of the wilderness beyond the Weyr boundaries but supposed he'd have to accept the stationary targets would be his only prey for some time.

K'dar's mention of planning a hunting trip had Chir sitting a little straighter even as he plopped on his bum in the sands with Chirp now curled in his lap. If these two planned it and wanted to take him along, surely S'far wouldn't deny him the opportunity, right?? Hope springs eternal. Malvayth wants me to hunt a golden wherry for Cazan so she can make a new eye patch, Chironhes shared. But S'far says they're better caught with a net... He still wasn't altogether convinced by the method, but the Weyrleader surely had to know more about it than he did. Of course, the boy had no way of knowing it was all a ruse. He was still quite convinced he could track one down and gift it to the dragon-rider pair. With two experienced hunters at his side, surely they couldn't fail!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn pinched the bridge of his nose and nodded. "Yeah, he did that but I'm learning that a lot that he does is just to push buttons and see when I will break." That was his theory anyway. Sir never did anything malicious and had never attacked him so it was safe to assume the flitter was just messing with him--especially when he did things like look to T'ryn for guidance. "I think I'm his fifth favourite human after Cazan, Yfris, and the kids but the third for making judgement calls about people, though I should be second. Yfris and good decisions aren't always hand in hand." He liked the man but also knew firsthand what he was like, though T'ryn also had seen some devious cunning in the lordling's eyes and knew he shouldn't fully buy into the act he sold.

"Maybe we can meet tomorrow," T'ryn smiled as the talk moved on to archery and hunting. "Especially if the two of you are going to drag me out hunting. I'll need the practice before getting back out there." He'd shot a few targets over the last year but life had been too chaotic and dangerous to have too much free time for much more. But it would be good to get back into it, especially with a leatherworking mate. It would also be good to see if his tremors hit while drawing back a bow and how badly it affected his aim.

Syrendryth's snort of amusement in his mind had T'ryn cautiously looking at the dragon, knowing he wasn't going to like what was about to be said. He's polite but also dumb. He believes Malvayth and the Weyrleader that golden wherries exist. T'ryn shut his eyes and just took a moment. He had thought they had convinced Malvayth those didn't exist but of course S'far would get in on the other side and encourage a hunt for something he had to know wasn't real. Only caught with a net, Syrendryth added and yep, S'far was definitely playing with them. It was harmless enough and T'ryn suspected it was done to give Chir something to focus on but S'far wasn't the one that had to deal directly with Malvayth. T'ryn would talk to Cazan about how much gold dye and paint she would need soon.

His needed moment done with, T'ryn looked down at Carynza as he heard her start to shuffle around and saw her focus all of her attention on Sir, giving him some pettings and trying to boop his snout. It was something that Syrendryth had oddly encouraged. His dragon was good with the twins and didn't seem to mind them booping him and crawling around on him; so long as they weren't covered in paint.

Turning his attention back to K'dar and Chir, T'ryn thought about if he should play along with the golden wherry, bring up the truth, or ignore it. He decided for something in the middle. "I hear you have a very specific target in mind. What do you think, K'dar? Should we do a day trip to Katila and see what mysteries still lurk down there? The Weyrleader can survive one day without the two of us." Considering S'far was part of the problem, T'ryn would make sure the man granted them leave with Chir for a day. He wouldn't be greedy and ask for an overnight excursion but that was partly due to being unsure if either of them would want to be back in Katila that long. Short visits were fine and T'ryn hadn't lost as much as others in the landslide so it didn't haunt him nearly as much but it was an odd place to be at for too long now all the same.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar was tempted for a moment to pull his nephew off of him so he could turn him around and give Chir a better look, but his nephew only decided to stubbornly cling a bit harder, grip surprisingly right for someone so small. He chuckled and shook his head slightly, adjusting his grip to be a bit more comfortable and just left the child be for the moment. "They had a good healer in Benden, though I'm sure he wasn't happy to have so many of us in his infirmary at a time. We're all better though so at least we have that." And since having a small chat with Neryseth, Tiberuth was much more comfortable about his scars as well.

There was a moment of confusion about the golden wherry but then K'dar remembered what the weyrleader had said something about creating little hunting event for youths and weyrlings out of it. So instead of saying anything one way or another since he was wasn't sure if S'far had settled on any details, he just nodded along with T'ryn's suggestion since it was much easier and would make for interesting quarry even without a mythical target. "I think that Katilla should make for a good hunt. We can stick to the old hunting spots we know." He had no real desire to visit certain places, didn't want to think of his mother or Lintian, but they could easily avoid those places.

I do not want to be away for long. The sooner we can go and get back the better. The bronze was even willing to actively help with the hunt instead of lounging nearby to ensure it went as smoothly and quickly as possible. K'dar glanced in the dragon's direction for a moment before figuring out his real motive. "Ah... Tiber wants to go soon, in the next few days at the latest, so that he can make sure he's back in time for a certain flight. I can handle the Candidate Master, arrange to have Chir's classes and chores made up for on another day. You can probably convince S'far easily enough, though if he gives you any trouble I can help too. This little thing," he said as he indicated the flitter egg, "should be hatching in a week, so I'm not worried about that. Wes can make sure to keep the sand warm for him."

The more K'dar thought about it the more the idea of just going hunting sounded like a nice little break from everything that had been going on lately. He smiled and gave Vayren a pat, though he was sure the child had fallen asleep on him. "I think this will be a nice hunt if we can pull it off."

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Chir let his attention fall naturally to where the little girl played with Sir and marveled at the sight. When he'd first met the firelizard, the black-masked flitter had glared him down and hissed at him simply for existing near Cazan. He didn't want to imagine what he would do if he so much as thought to try to come closer to the child to introduce himself properly. No, far safer to stay where he was. He wasn't strictly afraid of Sir, but he saw no reason to incite him to violence with any unnecessary gestures. Just hearing the pair discuss the flitter's behavior towards people he liked did not inspire a great deal of comfort in where he ranked on the list.

The topic of archery and hunting was met with far greater enthusiasm. Chir had quite enjoyed his time spent with K'dar and Tiberuth (though admittedly, the time spent in the clouds on Tiberuth's back had been a far greater marvel to him). To have T'ryn join them as well would undoubtedly spell a good day.

Chir's heart practically soared the way it had that night in the clouds when K'dar offered a projected date in the next few days for their trip. Really?! Any excuse to get out of arithmetic classes was a good one in the young hunter's mind, but a hunting trip was just the thing he'd been yearning for! Malvayth worried about me going away with her eggs on the sands, but they can't hatch this soon, right?

Plucking up Chirp from his lap, Chir turned her around and kissed the end of her nose in his excitement. The green firelizard trilled and squirmed from his grip to race along his shoulders and nuzzle his cheeks before skittering across the sand with excitable zoomies. The boy watched with delight as she zigzagged back and forth until she came to a stop near where Carynza played with Sir. The tiny green, true to her name, let out a series of chirps to invite the child to play with her instead. The young hunter held his breath, suddenly anxious, and sent a series of warnings out to his flitter not to get too close to Sir in case he took offense. Determined to make a nuisance of herself, Chirp ignored the warnings and flopped down to show her belly in an obvious plea for belly rubs.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Syrendryth still wasn't talking to the boy and was just barely paying him enough attention to catch the thoughts to pass along to his rider. It was more than T'ryn could hope for, honestly, and he didn't make any comments about his dragon's lack of efforts. It would be his luck he'd annoy Syrendryth by asking him to engage a little more and have the dragon not help at all at a later time. If they were going to hunt together, T'ryn definitely wanted to make sure they had some way to communicate if there was trouble.

T'ryn gave Chir a reassuring smile when the fear of missing a Hatching was conveyed. "A Hatching is on average about thirty-five days from when they clutch. Some might be a little earlier or a little later but we'll be okay if we do a trip soon." Not even Malvayth could manage to encourage her babies to make an appearance weeks earlier as part of another fun surprise. He hesitated for a moment, stuck on that thought with a fear growing and then shook his head. No, that wasn't possible. There wouldn't be a Hatching in the next few days.

Hearing about Tiberuth's hope for a quick trip due to a certain upcoming Flight had T'ryn frowning. Some of his siblings teased him about how he enjoyed tracking various things but he found charting when the golds Rose to be fascinating and beneficial. Some of them had changed their timing over the years and their clutch sizes were fluctuating as well. They were taught that the dragons knew when Thread was returning and adjusted and prepared accordingly. With the larger clutches due to this? How far in advance did the dragons start preparing or were the calculations for when Thread would return off?

Thoughts for another time. He turned to look at both dragons, "Is Neryseth starting to glow already?" They were approaching her estimated timeframe but T'ryn had personally put her down for at least another week from now. Syrendryth assured him Neryseth wasn't going up any time soon and T'ryn relaxed. It still gave them some time to ready themselves and get down to Katila. "We'll get you back here in time, Tiberuth. I wouldn't want Xyxyth to steal your lady without you even being here." He was teasing the dragon and maybe a little of himself as well. He wasn't jealous or worried or upset since his initial freakout over A'tay landing in bed with Cazan when there was nothing he could even do to stop it but that didn't mean he couldn't be the one poking fun at it happening in the first place.

"Careful, Rynzie," T'ryn gently guided his daughter's hand to the green firelizard that Syrendryth shared was named Chirp when her hand went darting out. She could be just as strong as her brother and sometimes quicker which made him nervous when the kids were around certain items or people. "She looks younger than Sir and probably doesn't like deep massages like you give him." Sir glared at him from around Carynza for taking away his masseuse or for indulging a silly green flitter--it was hard to tell most of the time. But T'ryn ignored him to make sure Chirp was okay.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I don't think so yet, but he thinks she'll start soon," said K'dar. "She flew towards the end of the month last year, so it makes sense. We'll see if he catches her again." Tiberuth let out a rumbling huff, scoffing at the idea that he wouldn't. The mention of their younger brother's dragon swooping in and stealing another gold win made him laugh. "Oh that would be hilarious though. A'tay would just be stuck here with Xyxyth forever. By the time he's getting ready to go home, Mal would be flying again with your luck. She's still trying with Yfris right? Hopefully he's managed to put that baby in her before Mal's next flight."

K'dar gave his brother a giddy smile at the thought. "Our kids would be practically siblings. They'd get to grow up together, we could get some great family fishing and camping trips with all of them running around." He had no idea if Wes would be up for giving him another one after all this was done, they still had to figure a few things out as it was, like if she should move into his Weyr or not. With as independent as Weslyn was, he didn't want to push. He could still be a father while not living with her after all.

On his shoulder, Vayren began to stir and K'dar set him back down, Sir eagerly going back to the boy since T'ryn had allowed a usurper into the group. Vayren was fine with eagerly patting the bronze firelizard, hugging him until K'dar swore the flitter started to turn a bit pale before releasing his grip. The bronze and charcoal beast was amazingly tolerant of the boy, and only used that bit of freedom to adjust how he was sprawled on the toddler's lap before chirping loudly and clearly as if to call attention to the fact that he'd still found affection.

"Is it weird that I hope Tibs turns out like Sir? But maybe not as.... intense in some regards? Heh... maybe Tibs could be short for Tibris. A combination of Tiberuth and Sir." Do not combine my name with that menace. K'dar couldn't help but laugh at the loud and clear objection before shaking his head. "So we're going to go down to Katila, have ourselves a nice hunt, see if we can get some nice hides to bring back. Maybe I'll see if anyone wants to trade for the bones. T'cai over in Benden is obsessed with them. We don't have time for a nice long trip, but so long as we bring back something and no one loses a limb I'll be happy."

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Chir was grateful to learn about the timeline of hatching from when clutches were laid. It made planning trips out into the wilds - if he could convince S'far to let him at least take the horses out for rides on his own - easier. If he knew when they were likely to hatch, he could strengthen his arguments for the Weyrleader and thus regain at least some of his freedom.

Not that the Weyr was a cage... Well, sort of. It came with so many rules and laws, and while Chironhes didn't take issue with the rules, for the most part, he still fervently missed the way he could make up his mind upon waking about his plan for the day would involve.

However, as the boy watched the way Chirp delightedly interacted with Carynza, he smiled with fondness. While Chir himself had no experience in dealing with children and thus kept some distance, Chirp apparently didn't feel the same. The green flitter practically sang her praises for the little girl and wound her way around the toddler until she was practically a belt, purring at each touch whether firm or soft. It warmed the young hunter's heart to see her getting on so well here. And it was a reminder of why his lack of complete freedom to do as he pleased with acceptable. Without it, he'd likely have never gotten to bond with the firelizard.

Aimless and antsy without something to do other than listen to the riders discuss flights and such - something currently of little to no interest to the freckled youth - Chir found himself scooping up handfuls of sand and letting it pour through his fingers over and over again. It was a small, mindless action that kept him stimulated enough that he tried to look like he was paying attention.

When the conversation steered more towards firelizards, Chir struggled to bite back a smile at the way Tiberuth protested having his name melded with Sir's to make another for the firelizard egg at K'dar's side. The bronze firelizard did seem like a bit of a menace. Quickly, Chir looked away when he met the flitter's gaze and found a great deal of fascination in the pile of sand in front of him.

More discussion about their trip had Chir making a mental checklist of supplies he would need to pack. His quiver and bow, a healthy supply of arrows (despite the surplus available on the archery field, the boy still preferred his own), his knife for skinning hides, a waterskin, oil, and a bit of meat for Chirp. Not a lot, really, considering. His previous hunting trips used to involve days away from his shelter, so his pack had been bogged down with numerous supplies, but this was meant to be a day trip.

We'll definitely bring back something, Chir thought with confidence. Even if it took all day, they'd come back with hides and meat for those in the Weyr. And he vowed to bring back something special for Malvayth, too. Even if it was something small, he wanted her to know he wouldn't forget since she'd maybe feel a bit miffed if he missed a day of visiting her. Maybe T'yrn would mention it... The boy slid his gaze over and thought to pose the request, but ultimately chickened out. He was still very much a newcomer here; it wasn't something worth bothering others about.

I'll be ready before sun-up, he promised, clearly eager for their journey. Will it be alright to ride with you again, Tiberuth and K'dar?

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)