World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.07.11 | Good Winners For Good Prizes
11am | A'tay

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
I'm sorry it's taking you so long to win your game, Malvayth said in a tone that indicated she wasn't very sorry at all. I can always see if Xyxyth's rider will help. Since Xyxyth was such a good winner he probably is too! Cazan truly, deeply hoped that her dragon had been keeping that commentary just between the two of them, however deep down in her gut she knew that was probably not actually the case, that she had just eagerly chirped that for anyone nearby to hear, especially the prize producing bronze that she'd played with.

It was not the first day they'd been here, and Mal had been delighted with how much he'd spoiled her, especially after she had shown off the eggs. Xyxyth brought her food, provided cuddles, and spent the rest of his time lounging lazily like a wall in front of the entrance to the Sands double checking before letting anyone in like a proper guard. So of course it made sense for her to try to offer some way to share in her magnificent co-winner with Cazan.

Too bad the goldrider was too busy covering her face with her hands as she tried to take deep and calming breaths and pretend that A'tay wasn't sitting next to her whittling something. You had a fun wrestle last time! "I know, Mal," she said with a frustrated groan because that was absolutely not the point at all. The gold dragon let out a sharp huff of breath through her nose before turning it up at her rider who was clearly in a cranky and jealous mood because she hadn't won yet.

So instead she turned to A'tay, studying what he was doing for a moment. You would be a good winner daddy right? It seemed an obvious answer to her, after all he was T'ryn's brother! And T'ryn was a great winner daddy, and her favorite. But since for some reason he wasn't allowed to win this time, it was probably Syrendryth's fault she suspected, then clearly A'tay would make a fine winner instead. Xyxyth wouldn't have a rider that wasn't a good winner.

Her curiosity was getting the better of her though so she also asked, What are you making?. She'd watched Cazan work plenty of times, but this was very different to how she made things. Caz eagerly latched onto the question as soon as she caught it and nodded. "I wouldn't mind knowing what you're making too. It looks interesting." Maybe if they just kept talking about that it would keep Mal too distracted to remember her other question.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
A'tay flinched as Malvayth's enthusiastic voice boomed in his mind, though it wasn't so much the volume but the topic. He knew the gold dragon called her eggs prizes and that Xyxyth was the current winner of the fun game known as a Flight. He also knew, thanks to T'ryn from early into Cazan's pregnancy, that Malvayth had the same line of thought when it came to humans. So he knew exactly what the dragon was suggesting and his cheeks were beginning to warm when she next pointed out the fun they had wrestling. It was true; it had been fun and neither one of them wanted to immediately part ways after the Flight. Sometimes he still felt guilty about that and how much he enjoyed himself.

He focused harder on keeping the little taps to the chisel even and light to keep a consistency he was struggling with but it was getting harder with Malvayth studying him so closely now. It was easier to ignore her and pretend the conversation wasn't for him when she wasn't eyeing him up and maybe she realized it as well. The direct question had A'tay giving a soft whimper as he kept looking at the small chunk of wood on the bench that he straddled. He should have sat facing away from Cazan but didn't want to be rude. Now he was being rude by refusing to look up at either the rider or the dragon. And Xyxyth wasn't helping! The bronze was playing guard dragon and lounging just outside the door in the sun but still blocking the entrance while pretending to ignore the conversation. A'tay knew he was listening and chose to leave him floundering alone. It was likely some confidence building exercise.

A'tay was debating how to explain that some games took longer and had to be played by certain people for the best prize when he was saved by a short attention span. Not that he was really doing anything all that exciting or worthy of Cazan's attention as well. He still wanted to flash between but he supposed the focus on his attempts at carving was better than who he should or shouldn't be in bed with. "I'm practicing with the chisel. I want to carve a pattern into a box I made but I'm not very good at it yet." He showed first Cazan the pencil lines of vines and leaves that he had drawn onto the wood and was now working around with the chisel and then turned it to Malvayth so she could get a better view as well. His goal was to be good enough that he could make some as gifts for friends and maybe even bring some to a Gather in the future to trade with.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

At least A'tay wasn't panicking too much, though Caz still couldn't help but feel sorry for the awkwardness Mal was putting him through. She tried to give him an apologetic smile, but there wasn't too much more she could, or rather wanted to do. It seemed safer to just stick with some minor discomfort than deal with any potential tantrums while eggs were on the sands. Malvayth was certainly getting better about some of her tantrums, but it still wasn't worth the rirsk yet. She could still easily get into a petulant screaming match, especially considering how upset she'd gotten about the horse riding incident.

"Box patterns? That sounds interesting! I sometimes do a little bit of carving on leather for my tooling, but I imagine that's much easier than working with wood. You just have to be able to account for the flex and stretch of the material. Are you trying for any particular sort of pattern or just experimenting?" Cazan couldn't help but try and lean a bit closer to get a better luck. She knew some craftsmen never took notes or made drafts or sketches of their plans and could still create some wonderful things, but she personally enjoyed the meticulous sort of planning she went into with her sketches and scribbled notes, and carefully planned patterns.

Malvayth peered at the box as A'tay showed it to her and gave a delighted little trill. I like it! You could put plants in it! She peered at the box a little more closely and added, Small ones! Cazan smiled, Malvayth really did know that decorations weren't always literal, but she couldn't help but draw conclusions like that sometimes. "It is very nice. I like your progress so far. Did you plan it out on paper first or just the sketch that you have on the wood? I bet I could get some boxes from S'far for you, he probably has a lot of smaller bits of wood from all of the furniture he makes."

As much as Malvayth wanted to listen and snoop, but boxes reminded her of eggs ever since she'd heard that one fancy riddle. So she turned her attention to those, gently fussing over them as she rearranged and moved them and told them quiet stories about boxes and furniture and friends. After waiting a few minutes to make sure her dragon was well and truly distracted, Cazan eyed A'tay and grinned. "You knew this moment would come... I'll need you to stand up and spread your legs."

She pulled out her measuring take with a flourish, smirking as she eyed the blonde man. "Sitting on the Sands always makes me think of work, so let's get your measurements and figure out what to make." Baaaaabiiiiiees. Cazan froze for a moment before it became obvious that Mal was just singing to the eggs and still not paying attention.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay gave Malvayth a small smile as she praised his work and gave a suggestion for what it could be used for. And before he could stop himself he offered, "I could make you a bigger one so you can keep some flowers in your weyr." He glanced at Cazan as soon as he said it to see if she was mad or not but it looked like his offer was harmless enough. At least for them. Now he would have to build a flower bed and put some detailing on the sides... it would keep him busy while he was in Telgar, he supposed.

But his thoughts shifted back to the project at hand as Cazan moved closer and complimented him as well. He was never going to survive spending so much time with the gold pair. "I'm going to die from embarrassment around you two," he mumbled before taking a steadying breath and giving Cazan a little smile as well. "Thank you. I doodled an idea just to get it down somewhere but I just drew this directly without measurements or real reference. Like I said, it's just practice. I may have made it too intricate and I should scale it back on the next one." He frowned down at his attempt. It wasn't awful but he could see some areas were going to be tight and take a lot of focus and time to get them neatly carved out.

"And please don't tell the Weyrleader. I know he means well but he's... a lot." A'tay was slightly intimidated by S'far but mostly because of how outgoing and direct the man was. The fact that they shared a hobby only made it worse instead of something to bond over. He was afraid he'd disappoint the older bronzerider by not being good enough. Maybe a joint wasn't tight enough or he should have used a different wood. He knew it was smart to get advice from skilled crafters but on top of it all, A'tay just didn't want to be a bother. There were so many other things going on that a Weyrleader had to focus on.

At least Malvayth wasn't studying him and his work anymore. A'tay let out a quiet sigh of relief as the gold turned her attention back to her eggs. This caught Xyxyth's attention and while he didn't leave his spot as barricade, he did watch Malvayth work and contributed to her stories where he could. A silence settled between him and Cazan, A'tay thought they were both going to go back to their own things but she caught him off guard and he gasped and looked up from his wood with wide eyes as he was told to spread his legs.

Then he saw her smirk and the measuring tape and his heart started beating regularly once more. He really was too easy to tease like Zelly liked to point out. "Oh, right. You don't have to make me anything," he protested, again, even as he stood up and moved around as directed. He knew he wouldn't win a battle against Cazan given how determined she could be.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

With Malvayth so happy to have Xyxyth's involvement in the stories, Cazan let herself fully relax. With the bronze around she was so much easier to handle with far fewer screaming matches. Sure there was a tiny bit of concern in the back of her mind that the gold would try and keep Xyxyth, which would result in more awkward moments with T'ryn's brother, but she tried not to think about that.

"You shouldn't be so worried about S'far. I studied under a master for a while who was just the most obnoxious man. Between him and the commentary constantly being offered from other people walking by my bench I just learned to focus on my work." Though now that Cazan had said that aloud she wasn't sure that was a good thing. Especially with the twins becoming more mobile. At least she had Lady and Sir and sometimes Mal too to help her keep an eye on them when she accidentally became too focused.

She tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment and then shrugged. "You should still probably talk to him, maybe keep it limited to trading scraps or services. I've done that before, offered to handle the tooling on another journeyman's work in exchange for a rather nice sheep skin he hadn't used yet. Maybe you can do something for him in exchange for browsing his scraps. He really does have a lot, he let me go through his pile when I needed a small piece for a bag handle."

With A'tay now in the proper position, she set her pencil in her teeth, notebook set within easy reach, and brought the measuring tape in to get his measurements. Measure, jot, measure, jot. "I know I don't have to make anything for you, but I can't just sit on the sands this long and not make something, might as well make it for you since it's partially your fault we're here." Not that wasn't really right, she thought as she glanced over at the dragons and amended, "Xyxyth's fault rather."

Caz gave A'tay a quick smile before she got back to the measuring, and once she was finished she drummed the pencil against her lip as she stared at the numbers scribbled in her book. "Interesting..." Something felt wrong about the numbers a she stared at them. They were very familiar yet also quite wrong somehow. She retook his chest and waist measurements again to make sure she wasn't mistaken, still not sure why the numbers were nagging at her, but then she had a thought and thumbed back a few pages.

"Huh. Your waist is a little narrower than T'ryn's, but your chest a tiny bit larger." The differences were within two inches, and that only made the similarities between the brothers that much more obvious. Cazan shrugged it off. "That's fine though, if anything I'll have a much easier time estimating how much leather I'll need and how long things will take. Maybe I should start with a nice jacket. Maybe a tool roll and matching satchel that's big enough to hold materials."

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay shook his head as Cazan encouraged him to speak with S'far or do some sort of bartering with the man. "I already owe him for giving me a spare weyr to stay in, I couldn't ask for more, not even scraps of wood." There had been a moment where he considered asking T'ryn if he could just sleep on his couch with a promise he would be up with the sun and out of the way. But then he learned about Yfris staying, which was already a bit of a deterrent, but to learn it was because they were trying to have a baby made it clear what the nightly activities would involve. Not to mention what his brother had seemed to become when it came to sex and A'tay had decided he didn't need to hang out there and gratefully accepted S'far's offer.

He frowned when Cazan noted something interesting and was referencing back through her notes. Was he some kind of oddly shaped freak? Nope, just similar to one of his brothers again. "I grew my hair out because we look so much alike," A'tay confessed and resisted the urge to pull at a strand--mostly because he had it pulled back in a sloppy bun to help keep cool while keeping the dragons company. "My first kiss was technically stolen at a party by a drunk girl who thought I was R'nd but normally I was confused with T'ryn and sometimes Zoremet but not Orgailian." That kiss had been so long ago now that A'tay found he could kind of laugh about it but it had been upsetting at the time. And then he Impressed a bronze and it made it harder to find his own identity. He was still working on that but at least he was more comfortable with who he currently was.

"Anyway, the tool roll and satchel would be nice," not that either of those needed his measurements and now that she had those, A'tay knew insisting he didn't need the jacket or anything would be a lost cause. So he went with the only plea that he hoped she would listen to, "just nothing tight like T'ryn's red pants, please."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan scoffed, "You don't owe him for the room, you owe the dragons for the room. Urudith especially has strong opinions on what a bronze should do when they help put eggs on the sand. I guess he was grumpy he couldn't spend more time with Thallyath." Though that was starting to feel a bit too gossipy, even if it did just involve dragons. So she shrugged and added, "He told Mal about it and she rambled on for quite a bit about why I should have sent you and Xyxyth a letter first when she'd clutched. That and she wanted to surprise the two of you with the gold egg. She's so happy about that."

A quick glance in Malvayth's direction saw her affectionately still fretting over the eggs, especially the sparkling golden star of the show. She whispered little snippets about her friends, about her rider, about all the adventures they could go on once they had arrived and chosen their mates, and every not and then she would pause, glance up at Xyxyth and tilt her head as if getting his opinion on something and then rearrange an egg slightly. Caz smiled and turned her attention back to A'tay. "It's really sweet of Xyxyth to indulge her."

The topic of how similar the brothers looked made Cazan pause and tilt her head as she squinted at A'tay some more. She pulled out a tie to quickly get his hair back in a loose and messy ponytail, held up her hands to further frame the edges of his face, and let out a small contemplative hum. "I'd say it must get tiring to be mistaken for a sibling, except that I really quite enjoyed my own particular version of it. But I suppose our circumstances were a bit different. It started out as just fun early on, but then I used it to try and achieve a few goals." She gave a conspiratorial glance around and then leaned in to add, "Sometimes I still dress up like him. It helps me think through certain things. Not that anyone's fallen for that particular disguise since... well you know." She gestured at the eye again.

And speaking of work, she grabbed her notebook again and began to scribble. "I'll need a list of the tools you use the most, if you could just lend them to me so I can trace and play with arrangements that would be even better. I'll probably include some extra spots in case you get more. And the pants were too powerful... it was a moment of extreme hubris that I thought I could create something and have them be harmless, but I don't regret it at all." Cazan gave him another appraising look and asked him to stand and slowly spin for her as she jotted a few more notes down. "I could make some good pants for you to show off your ass a bit more, though I'd need to get a bit more precise with my inseam measurements. They wouldn't be as tight as T'ryn's, and probably something a bit more subdued in color. Maybe a dark charcoal that would contrast nicely with Xyxyth's hide... matching jacket, some taller boots would help them not be too obvious too..."

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

“I’m sorry. That was a bit self-centred of me to complain about looking like my brothers to an actual twin,” A’tay managed to make eye contact with his apology and somehow didn’t wish for the ground to swallow him whole for his slip up. It was probably because Xyxyth was nagging him again about confidence and pushing him to be more outgoing while he wasn’t helping Malvayth with her egg organizing. “I’m glad it worked out for you, though. I guess it worked well in a lot of ways. Your education and meeting T’ryn,” and Impressing Malvayth but A’tay wasn’t sure how sore of a spot that still was for Cazan. But looking like her brother had helped her in many ways and seemed to still do so in its own way. “I think it’s pretty cool that changing your appearance changes how you think as well. I fully support you if it makes you happy and productive.”

Since he wasn’t doing much carving at the moment, A’tay slid over the two tools he had sitting out and pulled out the larger one still in his bag. “I can bring you the others later for you to trace but I don’t have a lot. That might be part of my problem,” he gave a soft chuckle and rubbed the back of his fingers along his chin and lower lip in a nervous gesture. So much for his working on confidence. “I didn’t want to get too carried away with tools when I’m experimenting but maybe I’ll make a trip to a Hold in the next couple of days and look around. You can give me a list of anything you need as well.” Even with the eggs now on the Sands, A’tay felt bad that the gold pair still couldn’t swap out fully with him and Xyxyth. They could watch the eggs for a couple of hours while they at least stretched wings and went flying. But seeing Malvayth with her eggs, he could understand why that was never even an idea.

Go for the pants! Show off your ass! A’tay choked on his little laugh brought on by powerful pants as his dragon’s voice filled his mind. He was going to happily ignore, or more accurately, politely turn down the offer but Xyxyth saw it as another chance to both push his boundaries and impress some ladies. “My dragon seems to think showing off my ass is an excellent idea so I guess, get whatever extra measurements you need.” A’tay stood back up before he could second guess what he was doing. Besides, Cazan had already been very intimate with his inseam before and she didn’t have a measuring tape then so why stress about it now?

He watched Malvayth for a moment as he waited for Cazan to measure once more. “Xyxyth is sweet like you said, but he’s also a flirt with a love of all females; dragon and human. But he’s taking his role as sire seriously.” Since the dragons were distracted well enough, A’tay nudged Xyxyth a bit further out so it didn’t feel like he was eavesdropping as he lowered his voice for his confession. “I could have stopped him. He entered Thallyath’s maiden Flight but I wasn’t mentally ready and forced him to the ground. My will is stronger if I wanted to enforce it but I haven’t since. I just let him enter Flights. So you were right when you first said it was my fault. I shouldn’t have let him Chase. I know if we didn’t win, another dragon other than Syrendryth would have but it wouldn’t be as awkward since it wouldn’t be your mate’s brother.” He still didn’t know why he didn’t stop Xyxyth. Maybe it was the shock of the surprise Flight? Maybe he just didn’t believe they would win no matter how determined Xyxyth could be. He still felt bad for letting it happen but it was hard to regret the decision when he saw how happy and proud the dragons were. And a gold egg! Maybe he was a little happy and proud as well.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan gave a small dismissive wave when A'tay tried to apologize for complaining about his familiar resemblance. "It's fine. You're still allowed to complain. My experiences don't negate or diminish yours. And really it's an interesting insight that I wouldn't have thought of." Thinking back to meeting T'ryn always made her smile, and while her mate had always been so supportive it was nice that the others in his family generally were too. "It's interesting really. I think changing up a look can do a lot for someone, it makes you feel different, and you think differently as a result. Maybe you could try it, start out with something like a wardrobe change, see how it makes you feel."

That thought sent Caz back to her notebook, scribbling down wardrobe ideas, thinking of all the colors T'ryn liked the least to see if she could make them look good on A'tay. With the tools presented she flipped to the back of her notebook to pull out the neatly folded large sheet of paper, unfolding and setting it down to get tracings before adding notes regarding the tools' thicknesses. She couldn't help but smirk and quietly joke to herself, "Heh, have to make sure I know how thick your tool is..."

She was very quickly distracted by the thought of a shopping trip to a hold. "Oh! You don't have to get me anything, but... I'm sure I could think of a few things. Mostly dyes, some more findings... I'll have a list together by tomorrow. But really don't feel like you have to go out of your way to get anything for me. I can send someone else to do it after all, I just haven't thought to. Still, it's sweet of you to offer." Caz smiled, glad that she had such nice company on the sands.

"Showing off an ass is always a good move honestly," she said in eager agreement before redoing his measurements. While she got those numbers jotted down she considered what he said about being able to stop the dragon. "Well you could have tried to stop him I suppose, but with everything I know from having Mal..." she paused, trying to consider how best to word things since she imagined her experience was probably quite a bit different than that of a bronzerider. "If Mal were a bronze, I don't think I could bring myself to stop her... him from chasing." Caz turned back to watch Mal proudly curling up with her eggs, chatting happily with Xyxyth and smiled. "I guess I'm glad you didn't stop him."

Caz turned back to her notes, pencil twirling in her fingers for a moment as she frowned thoughtfully. "So pants. I still think that a nice charcoal gray would be good, but how do you feel about gold or orange contrasting pieces to go with it? Maybe in stitching, maybe in a few small panels... a vest might look good too." She was fairly sure she hadn't seen T'ryn in gold or orange. But then.... she glanced up at A'tay and asked, "Or how do you feel about purple?"

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

He realised they had never really spoken about the Flight since it happened and A’tay was relieved to hear Cazan still wasn’t bothered by the outcome. He kind of assumed that to be so given the amount of visits they had and the kindness she was showing even now, but it was good to have actual verbal confirmation all the same. Immediately after the Flight, he knew they had both enjoyed Xyxyth winning and took advantage of those feelings but that could have been part of regrets or anger at them winning as well. “Me too,” he agreed with a smile as he watched Malvayth settle back down for a bit before returning to the topic of pants.

He honestly hadn’t ever put a lot of thought into the colours he wore. Thinking on his wardrobe, he supposed it was a bit limited in variety as he stuck to the basics that were easy to pair up with anything else he owned. Cazan’s ideas sounded fun but he was having trouble picturing exactly what they would look like as well, especially with the stitching. This was definitely not an area he had much knowledge in. But Cazan did and he would trust her judgement. Besides, she just said that a change in clothing could be all that was needed to view the world differently. Maybe it would give him confidence or he would find his passion for more than wood-carving? “I defer to you on such decisions but… purple sounds fun. Maybe that will be my power colour.” He wouldn’t need powerful tight leather pants, just a colour. That idea made him smile and shake his head. He was being silly but it was a fun idea to cling to all the same.

“You know that on top of Malvayth’s flower box, I’m going to have to make something for you as well.” He didn’t know what he would make Cazan just yet or if he would get both projects done before the Hatching but A’tay was determined to give them something each. They were being so kind to him and Xyxyth and surely Cazan had a long list of commissions she could be working on instead of making him something. So they deserved something as well. It wouldn’t be much, but maybe he could start with a container to hold her writing utensils on her desk. Or she can have the first box he finished that he liked the carving on. That could be a bit more multi-purpose.

But his ideas did mean he would have to talk with S’far. There were other wood workers in Telgar but his own Weyrleader had told him to check in with S’far for pointers and maybe get some mentor lessons in while at Telgar. He wanted to regret making the decision to finally sign up for it but he’d be lying to himself. It was interesting and did give him a sort of purpose and maybe feel a bit more like a bronzerider. He doubted he would ever be a Second, let alone an actual Weyrleader, but it didn’t hurt to learn something new.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"I might just have to do a couple of test batches, make some very simple things and have you try them on just to see what looks better... I actually have some hides that were... accidentally dyed by my workshop assistants." It had only taken one momentary lapse of attention not too long ago, when Cazan was sure that the twins were distracted with their blocks and being watched by Sir so she could run to her bathroom privately. She'd been sure she'd taken less than a minute, and yet by the time she got back Sir had been perched on her desk watching the twins pour her jug of black dye onto a stack of hides. The cheeky beast had even given her a pleased chirp as if to show off that they were perfectly safe. Just messy.

Realizing she'd been staring into the distance she quickly shook her head and said, "Anyway, they won't look the best, but there should be enough clean spots to get a look at how the other colors look on you. I should check and make sure the twins are behaving." She started scribbling a note in her journal and ripped it out right as Lady popped in with a delicate trill, eagerly taking the folded note and popping off to go find the twins, and whoever was watching them at the moment. Caz sighed, feeling a little silly about wanting to check up on them based purely on a memory.

With the letter sent off she turned back to A'tay and shook her head. "Oh no, you don't have to make anything for me. It's already nice of you and Xyxyth to come and spoil Mal with all of this attention and company. I'm sure you miss your own weyr and Zelly. It's nice that she cooks for you." Sometimes Cazan feel bad that she didn't cook very often, but she just got so busy with the twins and the dining hall was convenient. She did manage breakfast every now and then when she woke up early but it didn't feel like much, even though T'ryn always insisted it was fine.

She brushed the thought out of her mind for the moment and turned back to the business of pants. "So I'll get some color options dyed up to at least hold up to you and see how they look. One nice thing about the sands is things dry very quickly here. Just have to make sure I can find all the dyes I need after hiding them from the twins."

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay tried not to laugh at the mess the assistants--obviously the twins--had made of Cazan's hides since he knew a waste of any materials was stressful and time-consuming but a smile came out all the same. The twins were a handful but such a delight and he liked hearing stories about the mischief they got into. Would he like it as much if he was actually one of their parents? Maybe not as much but other than the occasional look of exhaustion or relief when someone else came by to help, A'tay could see the love Cazan and T'ryn had for their children and hints that they saw the humour in the antics as well. Cazan's sudden desire to check in on the twins further showed her love and perhaps a touch of concern for whomever had them that day.

"It is quieter without Zelly around but she'll be here soon enough for the Hatching and she can stay with me again if she wants to." He wasn't going to assume anything but he did know she liked the space and privacy that didn't really exist in the barracks. And of course the kitchen was a huge perk and more the reason why he asked her to move in with him than their odd relationship.

"Zelly cooks for us," A'tay corrected, not wanting the wrong idea to get out, though he doubted Cazan meant it that way. "I would never ask her to cook just for me or if she didn't want to. But she loves creating in the kitchen. I wish you and T'ryn lived in Ista so you could come by for dinners. There's always so much food and sometimes my attempts are edible and make the final cut and land on the table." Usually, he just assisted Zelana, using it as further learning experiences as he watched her create delicious dishes. Sometimes he tried his hand at something on his own and while edible, it wasn't always as good as it should have been. But at least he wouldn't starve if Zelly Impressed to one of Malvayth's babies--and he couldn't make it down to the dining cavern for whatever reason.

"Add any dyes you need to your shopping list. I really don't mind picking up any items you need. I promise," he was starting to see how the rest of their time together on the Sands would go. Neither wanted to be a bother or inconvenience the other but wanted to treat the other and it turned into a cycle. "In exchange, I will be the perfect model for you and you can do with me as you will."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan was not about to judge A'tay's relationship with Zelly, even when he added the qualifier to his statement that indicated a possibility that she might not want to stay with him when she arrived for the Hatching. It wasn't as if she had a very usual relationship either she supposed, or rather Weyrs were just odd places where relationships were always very personal and dependent on what the pair in question expected and wanted. She'd met very devoted weyrmates ho may as well have been married, and then others who were basically just roommates that enjoyed each others' company more than living alone.

She did however quickly shake her head when A'tay corrected her though. "I didn't mean it like that. I couldn't imagine you trying to make such demands, you're too sweet for that. It's still nice that she cooks in general and that you get to enjoy it." Cazan still thought of it as Zelly cooking for him, especially since she'd heard that the rather friendly candidate didn't really cook for anyone else except group dinners with A'tay, but she was fine with adhering to his preference regarding the wording. "Maybe if Mal settles down and stops surprising us with flights we can stop by to visit more often. Assuming S'far doesn't have us locked down." And after the baby was born of course.

You have to win your game first, Mal's voice was a teasing sing song as she finished up her round of stories and Caz sighed, doing her best to ignore the dragon. "She's ridiculous," she muttered as she gave a small nod in the gold's direction. She considered the dyes she'd want and started to jot down a list. Purple would be tricky to try and buy in itself, but if she could blend her own it would make it much easier to replicate a good color if she ran out. She added the rest of her supply list too while she was at it, though she tucked the list away in her pocket without handing it over. "I'll double check what I have when I head back to my weyr tonight and give you the list tomorrow."

The corner of her lips twitched and she shook her head as she eyes A'tay and laughed. "Do with you as I will huh?" Like wrestle! Malvayth chirped cheerfully to the both of them. Cazan groaned, bringing her notebook up to her face to hide behind it. "I'm so sorry-" But it's truuuue. You just picked a winner before you started playing which is no fun. In a more serious tone she turned her head to A'tay and added, I still think you were a very good wrestler, she's just being stubborn.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

“When she gets here, maybe we’ll host a family dinner,” it had been a while since they had everyone together for such a gathering thanks to schedules, Flights, and the recent poisonings. Casa probably wouldn’t be able to come but A’tay knew she also wasn’t fussed one way or the other over family time. She liked spending time with her siblings but R’nd didn’t seem to be a priority and being Weyrwoman did take up a lot of time. He’d make her something and visit when he got back to Ista.

A’tay was about to protest when the list was tucked away but he nodded. Double checking her supplies was wise and he was going to go in a day or two anyway so there wasn’t a rush at making sure he got the list. And then that was the least of his issues when Cazan picked up on what he had said quicker than he had and his gaze dropped to the carving. He probably could have handled a little light banter if it had just been Cazan but Malvayth picked up on it as well and A’tay was slowly starting to die again. Wasn’t she supposed to get distracted easily and forget things? Why was she so hyper fixated on him that day? Probably something to do with Xyxyth pleasing her so much. She had said Xyxyth was a good winner so he had to be as well.

He forced himself to look up and saw that Malvayth was fully focused on him and he gave the dragon a small crooked smile that may have been borne more from intimidation than any genuine reason for smiling. A large gold staring him down wasn’t something he thought would happen too often but spending time on the Sands was changing a lot of things in his life. Like how easily he just gave in—though it was a bit easier speaking to the dragon than the rider in some cases. “Cazan was a good wrestler as well. But T’ryn would be sad if Yfris didn’t get his promised prize and you know how Cazan likes to take her time for quality.” Both excuses sounded like actual reasons the mated pair would use on Malvayth but A’tay couldn’t look at Cazan for confirmation. He hadn’t been lying—he had enjoyed himself that night but neither of them needed that added complication in their lives so eye contact was best avoided for a little bit.

We can play again when you’re ready! That way, everyone wins again and maybe more prizes for all as well. Xyxyth sounded so pleased with his idea that A’tay couldn’t bring himself to argue or insist they weren’t ever coming back to Telgar so they could ensure they’d never be around Malvayt’s Flights again. It kind of went back to his earlier statement of not having the heart to deny his dragon after the first time he managed it. Besides, Malvayth would likely think that was too predictable and a boring routine anyway.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan wasn't even sure she could survive a family dinner at this rate, not with Mal being so terribly helpful and encouraging. She just stayed quiet, focused on not letting Mal pick up on her own thoughts as she let A'tay try his hand at reasoning with the gold. Of course he started with complimenting her own wrestling, which was flattering, but also made her want to just bury herself in the sands and disappear. Mal did pick up a bit on that idea and let herself burrow down ever so slightly in a spot near the eggs while she considered Xyxyth's mate.

I don't want T'ryn to be sad... but what if Cazan can't win without a different winner?! "I'll be fine!" Cazan quickly said. "I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just... it's the timing probably. We're not as predictable as dragons are." Mal tilted her head curiously for a moment before she brightened and chirped, Oh! Because you don't glow! The dragon was feeling especially clever for having figured that out, and upon hearing Xyxyth's suggestion she was even more pleased. You'll just have to play hard to win again but I believe in you! And then Cazan and A'tay can win too!

Nope. She'd much rather know for sure that any blonde babies were her mate's. Caz glanced down at her notebook and jotted down a quick note. Yfris. Herbs. In case of Mal/Taith rebellion. She circled the words and then quickly turned the page so she could start doodling a plan for A'tay's pants. When the gold took a curious peek at what Cazan was working on she just let out a pleased and curious little cooing sound. Ooh, pants! Will they be powerful?

At least that was topic seemed safe enough so Caz smiled as she nodded. "I think so. Going to see how A'tay looks in purple." Turning back to him, Mal happily chirped, You could use more power. They'll help! Cazan gave A'tay an apologetic look. "Well... hopefully they help at least." Hopefully they helped to make up for how pesky and pushy Mal was being. She considered trying to give him a break from sitting on the sands and gave him a very steady look, eyebrow raised as she asked, "Are you hungry? If you need a bite to eat I can hold things down here. No rush or anything, take your time. No need to grab anything for me," Maybe he'd pick up that food was entirely optional for him as well and this was more of an offer to escape than anything else.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay winced at the brutal honesty of dragons but nodded in agreement with Malvayth. He had just been hoping purple would be his power colour but it did kind of sting to know others could see how lacking he was. There was a curiosity about how the gold dragon perceived him and he really wanted to ask her why she thought he needed more power and what it would help him with but that seemed risky. It was Malvayth and she could go in multiple unexpected directions and A’tay decided he didn’t really want to know after all. Pants that made him more powerful would probably lead to more sex talk and a quick look in Cazan’s direction saw she looked done with it all as well.

She saw and caught his gaze and A’tay had a moment of panic. What was about to happen now? He wasn’t sure he’d be ready for the next crazy idea or shift in conversation but Cazan surprised him with her question and he frowned briefly. He supposed he was hungry as it was likely midday by now but he sometimes ate late afternoon. Before he could worry he was being a poor companion that forgot about the goldrider’s needs, Cazan was assuring him she wasn’t hungry and insisting he could take his time. A smile worked its way onto his lips as he caught on. She was giving him an out so he could take a break from Malvayth’s attention. He didn’t think she’d fully forget everything by the time he came back but it might not be as big of a focus for a while so he’d take it.

“Yeah, getting something to eat sounds good and you can let Xyxyth know if you change your mind.” Maybe he would bring something back anyway if it looked or tasted decent. Zelly’s cooking had refined his tastebuds and A’tay found he was a bit more judgemental now. He didn’t want to hate on anyone’s hard work but he didn’t always take as large of a portion or go back for more that often anymore. “I’ll go pick up the rest of my tools as well so you can get their measurements.” He wasn’t going to spend the rest of the day hiding and he knew he wouldn’t really be gone all that long. An hour, maybe two at most and he’d be back and they’d see what was in store for him then. At least he know had an idea about how the rest of the month was going to go.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)