World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.07.08 | All We Are Is Curious
5:30AM | Cazan

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
Chironhes had developed something of a schedule for himself in the mornings. Ever since meeting Malvayth and Cazan, his first stop before heading to the stables to start work early usually involved a trip to the Sands. Going after to see Mal when he smelled of horses usually involved a lot of bellyaching about how he shouldn't spend so much time with the animals who were frankly an insult to dragonkind according to the gold, so he made sure to visit her as his first stop. Chirp, too, enjoyed their visits and would slide down along the dragon's snout from the top of her head before leaping in the air to wheel around in lazy circles while her boy found the gold's itchy spots.

The boy had no reason to think this morning was any different. Most of the Weyr still slumbered, including Sironar and Fancy Lad, and the sun had yet to rise. This time of the morning was always his favorite because he could pretend the rest of the world was forced into the same silence he was. Except for the canaries, of course. They woke earliest and trilled their territorial songs as soon as possible each day.

Just starting to enter the Sands, Chir rubbed at his sleepy eyes and readied a smile for Malvayth. Good morning, he greeted before he even saw her, used to the gold reaching out quickly. Your personal spare scratcher is here, he thought with a wide yawn. Because, obviously, Cazan was Mal's preferred scratcher. Chir didn't mind being referred to as a spare, though. That she enjoyed his presence at all was enough for him!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan had gotten up early and had Lady and Sir fetch a pen and some paper so she could write down the number of eggs and what time she thought the clutch had been laid, along with the fact that the eggs didn't seem especially small or odd looking despite their early arrival. The fact that there was a gold egg was prominently noted with pride, though she refrained from circling it like her dragon had suggested. With Lady delivering the proper, neatly written note to Mulrissa, she scribbled out a much shorter "with Mal, 24+1 gold!" for Sir to carry to T'ryn to let him know.

Now she just had to wait for their regular visitor to make sure he didn't do anything to upset or surprise the gold. The rumbling growl and movement on the sands was enough to alert Cazan to the visitor and she quickly jogged over to the entrance to stop him with a wave. "Wait!" She slowed down and glanced behind her at the golden beast who instead of lazily lounging in the sands was now partially coiled around her eggs, wings slightly flared, limbs tense and spine arched almost like a cat trying to warn off a dog. Only there wasn't really fear in the gesture so much as a promise of rage.

The goldrider sighed. "Well, good to know she's still touchy," she said softly under her breath. She'd have to warn Mal's usual visitors, though with how social and chatty the dragon was it would probably just have been easier to prominently display a sign. Warning, here be territorial and pissy dragons. "Malvayth, it's just Chir. Do you want me to send him away or can he visit?" She asked the question aloud for his benefit, and felt the dragon mull things over as she glared at them from her precious prizes.

There was indecision. She liked Chironhes, but he was still very new. He's also a candidate and you know they will eventually have to have their Touching. We talked about it last time too remember? Mal had not enjoyed the Touching for her last clutch, and it had taken Bedith's presence to help keep her still and quiet as she glared at all the candidates that had intruded. With a soft grumble Malvayth relented, Not too close, though she remained tense until she saw Cazan guide Chir into the stands.

"There, you can just walk this around and there's a part in the back where it gets closer to her that you should be fine in." She led the way, following the half wall that circled around the eggs while the dragon shuffled and adjusted her position so that she was a little closer to their point, and still technically between her guest and the eggs. Once Cazan and Chir had arrived at the spot in the back, Malvayth took a peek through her rider's eyes and shifted ever so slightly to give a better view of her precious treasures. Do you like my prizes? she asked in tone much closer to her usual bubbly and friendly voice.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

It was only a little odd not to have Malvayth immediately greet him back with her usual chipper responses. Even stranger was the way Chirp sat taller on his shoulders with vibrating intensity. Chir stuttered to a stop at the entrance of the Sands when he heard Cazan call out for him to wait. Sensing the urgency in her tone, the boy held perfectly still. Something was definitely off.

His heart pounded with alarm when he heard Caz ask if it was alright if he visited. Had he done something wrong? Did she not want to see him?? But as he peered behind the goldrider, the clues slotted into place.

You had your prizes! he thought, awed. Congratulations, Malvayth. Seeing well enough the defensive posture she'd adopted around them, the boy tamped down his curiosity and looked instead to Cazan and followed her into the stands when given leave to do so.

Adopting the soft-footedness of the hunter that he was, Chir tiptoed his way around the stands to curl his way closer to Malvayth. Once they made their way around, he sat down just as quietly and curled himself in, arms wrapping around his knees as he looked on with wonder. He hoped making himself smaller would help her feel less threatened by his presence. He really didn't want to upset her.

They're amazing, he complimented, smiling tenderly. And there's so many! No wonder you were so big. Anticipating it already, he crinkled his eyes as he quoted her. 'It was a really good flight.'

Still hoping for some semblance of their usual routine, he sent the image of their usual scratching. I won't come closer, he promised. If you want any scratches, you'll have to stretch over here.

Still balanced on his shoulder, Chirp remained tightly coiled around her boy's shoulders despite her own desire to investigate. She took her cues from the freckled teen and understood it would be potentially deadly to give in to those whims. So just as he kept himself small, so did she.

Ah, wait. She's not allowed here right now, is she? I'm sorry, I didn't think about it. Should I take her back to the room? he asked, feeling guilty for having broken a rule even if it was accidental. Without him having to even receive an answer, Chirp helped herself and blinked away. Her sudden absence had him battling back a chill. They'd been near inseparable since her hatching, and it was disarming to have her gone now. Nevermind.

Are there usually so many?

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

With the visitor on the other side of the wall Malvayth began to calm down quite a bit, her posture loosening up and becoming much more of a relaxed lounge. She gave a pleased rumble at the compliment turning her head to croon softly at her precious babies. Proudly the dragon chirped, It's the biggest prize so far! "For her," added Cazan as she climbed up to sit on the half wall, heels bouncing off of it lazily. "Her mother Aradissicath I think has had more than fifty. This is only Mal's third clutch though and she's at least as big as her mom, but she also flies more frequently so who knows how many she'll get to."

My prizes are good even if they aren't as many, Mal said with a huff before nodding her head towards the golden egg. "I know, I was just letting him know that some dragons have a lot. Some only have a few you know. I think Thallyath had thirteen last time. Nothing wrong with it, just numbers." At least Malvayth seemed satisfied with that. The dragon studied Chironhes for a moment, considering if she wanted the precious scritches or not and found herself torn. She didn't want to leave her eggs all alone after all! "I'll make sure no one else comes onto the sands if you want. Just don't lean against the wall. You don't want to break it."

With a grumble Malvayth decided to compromise, moving just enough that she could rest her chin atop the wall next to her rider instead. Cazan reached out to give her head a pat. The question about the flitter was lazily passed on while she enjoyed the bit of attention. "Malvayth normally adores flitters, but it's honestly probably safer for her to hide. So long as she's either on this side of the wall or up in the ledges," she pointed up to the top of the cavern where the dragons would normally gather to watch, "then it's fine to have them here in general. She makes an exception for Lady and Sir because they're technically hers, and even they know to stay on top of her head. They try not to even fly around the eggs because they know she worries. They help her keep watch."

Have you told Xyxyth? The question was gentle and curious and not at all as annoyed and accusatory as Cazan wanted to imagine it was. "No, not yet. I think T'ryn will though. Or as soon as Lady gets back I'll have her send a note straight away for you. Are you going to let A'tay on the sands?" I don't know yet. Maybe. He does share T'ryn's face some! Caz did her best not to cringe at the reminder that T'ryn's brother had won. It was fine, they'd gotten past that. Just dragons being dragons. "My mate T'ryn is one of the few guests allowed on the sands with her. And Kor'is, but that's because he was there every day for her first clutch." And he's Taith's! Caz smiled and nodded. "That too."

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Chir kept his peace while the rider and dragon discussed the number of eggs. As a new arrival, he admittedly had no knowledge about how many were considered typical, few, or a lot and was forced to rely on what they had to say about it.

They're the best because they're yours, the boy complimented, pleased as he rested his arms and chin along the wall separating the stands from the sands.

He was more than pleased when Malvayth scooted close enough that he could stroke her head just as Cazan did. The boy stroked the dragon's cheek with affection, even going so far as to nuzzle against her in gratitude for the trust she was showing him. He'd be certain not to betray it and keep to this side of the wall.

With the knowledge passed about where Chirp would be best, she settled comfortably in Chir's lap as he continued to lavish the gold with attention. With the early hour, the quiet across the Weyr, and the company of beloved friends, the young hunter felt most content! In a world without responsibilities, Chir imagined he could spend much of his life simply basking in the company of his new friends. The dragons (most of them, at least) seemed so tolerant of his company and enjoyed the simple touches as much as he did.

He listened in companionable silence as the pair chattered about others. From previous conversations, Chir already knew that Xyxyth was Malvayth's previous partner for her current clutch of eggs. Based on how she gushed about him, he could only imagine good things. She knew of T'ryn as well just from previous talks but appreciated the reminder that he was Caz's beau. Kor'is's name he knew from Mylorah and Taith. Upon hearing the name of his favorite blue dragon, the boy beamed. Of course, she'd want to share his company, too. Taith was a delight.

I don't mind that I'm not allowed, he reassured in case it was a lingering concern. I'm a candidate, too, not just your friend. Others might get jealous if you let me, but not them. He still found it strange to think of himself as a candidate when he didn't at all feel qualified for the role. There were so many others who had devoted years to their studies, and even years to attending Hatchings. Siro, of course, was the first who came to mind for obvious reasons. What if Siro couldn't Impress again? Would his friend hold it against him if he did his first time around?

Do you think...you could convince one of your prizes about someone? Honestly, Chir wasn't sure if it was possible, or even polite to ask, but he wanted very much for Siro to do well. My friend, Sironar, would make a very good rider to one of them. At least, I think so. He's very kind. Do you know him? He is sort of quiet. The boy managed a wry smile. Not as quiet as me. Anyone would be hard pressed to be quieter than the mute! It's okay if not. I hope it's not impolite to ask that kind of thing. You'll tell me if something is, right? he requested gently.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Of course they are! the gold eagerly chirped in happy agreement. This Chironhes boy really was quite polite and good! Meanwhile, Cazan got another letter written to send off with Lady even though she was sure that T'ryn would have told his brother. The gold flitter only reappeared briefly before immediately taking off for her newest delivery. Mal let out a thoughtful huff of air as she considered people getting jealous of not being able to spend time with her too. That seemed correct to her, but she didn't see any problem with that. It is good for them to be jealous of spending time with me. She was amazing after all.

Upon hearing Chir's request about convincing her prizes to like someone, the dragon lifted her head to proudly chirp, I always tell my prizes stories about the candidates and the adventures they go on! They make good choices and find good mates, even about ones I don't tell them about. Cazan shook her head slightly and smiled. "She does, she tells them lots of stories about her favorite people, her favorite firelizards, imaginary people... I don't honestly know if it matters at all though. No one told Mal about me, I had never even been to Fort until the day she hatched."

Malvayth scoffed. I knew you were mine! Because you're mine! "And do you even remember much of that day?" Not everything but it's fine, I remember finding you and that's the important thing. She wasn't sure if the question was rude or not, so that part she deferred to Cazan who shrugged. "It doesn't seem like the sort of thing that people usually ask for, though at least you asked for someone else and not yourself." She was pretty sure Sironar was S'far's son, but she didn't know much about him other than he was quiet and didn't hang out on the sands very often.

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Malvayth was delightfully easy to please. Chir was grateful he never had to walk on eggshells around her as he did so often with Urudith. Clearly fully aware of her importance, the boy chuffed his laughter at how she claimed others should be jealous of not being able to spend time with her. Silly dragon.

When she revealed that she did, in fact, share good stories about the candidates and their adventures, Chir breathed a sigh of relief. Good! Maybe one of her eggs would realize how wonderful Sironar was and how great of a rider he'd make! Though the other boy didn't state it outright, Chir suspected he put a lot of pressure on himself to succeed and do well, and whenever he fell short of the expectations he set for himself, he was prone to morose feelings. The mute wanted more for him than constantly living in self-doubt. Having a dragon choose him would surely go a long way in helping him realize he had no need for any of it.

But Cazan pointed out in that calm way she had that it may not matter at all. With a deep breath, the boy could only hope that one of Malvayth's progeny would see what he could; that Sironar was worth more than even he seemed to realize. Chir was also grateful that neither of them took offense to his asking. It was something he worried about a lot - whether he was making someone angry without realizing it. The boy had also never actively tried to offend anyone before in his life, so the fact that he could manage to do so with as much frequency as he did was disheartening. But that at least wasn't the case here!

While he continued to lavish Malvayth with scratches, Chir heaved a sigh as he glanced up at the lightening sky. I should go. I have chores. He kept thoughts of horses carefully out of his mind so as not to upset the expecting mother. As long as you're okay with it, I'll come back every morning to check on you! Looking over to Cazan now, Chir smiled and waved. I'll see you!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)