World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[D] M O and P notes
Various Models, Operations, and Pharmacology notebooks with personal notes scribbled in on occasion.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
This is exhausting. I miss my research. My work. I'd made so much progress in that last experiment- Well no sense worrying about it now.

I'm going to try reciting and writing as much as I can from early healer lessons... redraw old diagrams I learned in the Hall when I was an apprentice just to make sure I have at least something to do with my work while I'm trapped in weyrling classes. Keep my brain from turning into dragon mush.

Hispidath seems to think my journals are disorganized and indecipherable. I've reassured him that the only important part of my system is that I understand it.

How much oil can one dragon possibly absorb into his skin?! Every time I think I've figured out the precise amount I need he grows and I have to figure it out again. There must be some sort of formula for this...

It's... endearing that he keeps bringing me little scraps of wood he thinks I can use for my "miniature rooms" and "furniture for bugs" at least he seems to find me good pieces. Maybe I'll explain the models a bit better to him.

Now he's decided to make demands. He doesn't even need to read my notes! But now I have to add dates. Here I thought he was starting to become less demanding. Well I refuse, he can pout all he wants.

I guess he's growing on me. And I know he doesn't mean to be some terrible burden, but if I puke again during another shared sight exercise I'm going to break something. T'cai just keeps assigning me extra bonding exercises as if that will help.

Fuck I needed that.

It's too cold for this. Hiss keeps insisting he's fine and I believe him, I know how cold he feels, but I still worry.

I'm annoyed that we're not allowed to go flying on our own, even to just practice around the bowl. I know some of the other werylings might be shaky but we're fine.

I wonder how they make the soaps and bubble bath. Tried to indulge and relax a bit and accidentally got some into my eye when Hiss decided to very loudly and suddenly let me know one of my "playmates" was looking for me. Not only does my eye sting like a bitch now, it also reeks of overly pungent rose petals. Maybe later though.

New research project, collecting information on dragonrider lineages to see if there are any trends regarding illness, and lifespan. I know certain family lines have tendencies for things such as heart or brain health, but dragonriders have always seemed more resilient and I wonder if there is any data to back that up.

Well... that was convenient. Bronzerider T'ryn delivered copies of all of the research he'd done on his own familiar line. It is quite thorough, and he has several siblings to keep an eye on. Two bronzeriders and a goldrider is impressive to come from the same father. I notice he has an adopted brother of sorts, shares a mother with one of his siblings. Bronzerider, K'dar. I doubt that one is connected to whatever trend is happening with the other siblings since his father is unknown, but it will be interesting to see if the sibling they share in common, Mylorah, impresses. I should probably write him a follow-up letter inquiring about their general health histories as well.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Trying to get paperwork ready for my transfer request to Fort. It'll be a while before I'm ready for the move, but I imagine there will be some pushback. Maybe if I find a replacement healer that would help.

I'm going to be a father.

I don't think it's really hit me yet.

I'll have to make sure August stays healthy. Also remember that she hates lilac.

5-6 months

Two patients, and somehow all of their siblings. I knew Bronzerider T'ryn had a large family, he'd sent me the records himself, but to have so many of them in my infirmary at once is quite irritating. Especially Bronzerider K'dar. I had to throw him out of my infirmary for being belligerent. I am the only one who is allowed to be belligerent in my infirmary!

At least I was able to get more blood into the stabbing patient so he's stable. The poisoning patient shouldn't die on me overnight at least, despite the sudden appearance of additional symptoms.

And now Bronzerider K'dar is in my infirmary as a patient. I've compared notes with N'noa, it seems fairly safe to assume that both rider and dragon were poisoned by the same substance. Patient is stable at least, no idea when-

Poisoning patients shouldn't be able to hit that hard. At least I shoved the other patient out of the way, though I now have a black eye for my trouble. K'dar was delirious, not really awake though, only somewhat responsive and not in a coherent fashion. I've secured him to his bed for now to prevent any unfortunate incidents. Hopefully August doesn't fuss too much about the black eye.

K'dar finally woke up, though he was disoriented. I gave him some fellis mixed with some honey and a small amount of whiskey to help him calm down when he began to panic about his dragon. He seemed a bit more rational afterwards. I allowed his siblings to unstrap him. I'm concerned about an infection. If his throat doesn't show much improvement with the honey I'll have him gargle a mild antiseptic solution I've found works rather well for throats.

...hm. Now I'm wondering if I can convince T'drin my dick has antiseptic qualities for any throat ailments he might have.

I have agreed to release Zoremet and Orgailian for the Touching. Let no one say I'm completely heartless. That and I'm sure the bitching would turn insufferable if I didn't. At least they're both able to walk on their own and will have helpers. I've warned them about the heat and to stay hydrated.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

If K'dar asks me if he'll be released in time for the hatching one more time I'm just going to keep giving him fellis until I think he's ready to leave.

Shit. Another patient. Not something I was expecting.

At least K'dar's well enough that I can release him to his own quarters. I'm not releasing him from my care until he can breathe more easily, but at least I don't have to have him crowding my infirmary and pestering others. Need to set up followup appointments, remind him not to overexert himself. I will be highly irritated if he fucks up enough that he can't even walk back to the infirmary for his checkups and drugs.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

I spent so much time wandering Fort to look at empty weyrs and now August reminds me that she has a gold and that means we'll be in the goldrider section. Bah.

Going to Telgar for a few days. Collect some more plant cuttings, and I'm pretty sure I either loaned S'far some of my plant books or they're in the library there... I will find them. Might as well talk about plants with that punny asshole while I'm there too, maybe grab a treat for August too.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

I am going to rip my hair out. How many times must I fill these forms out?! At least this should be the last set I need to do before things are done and then I'll probably just start packing a few of my nonessentials, take them to the new lab to make sure people don't forget that's my space. It was annoying enough to get the space reserved for me, I won't have someone taking it just because they thought it was unoccupied.

...fucking seriously...

Great.

Now I have to do a bunch of paperwork... to undo... all the paperwork.

Need to make sure I have all of my things, but luckily I've got someone to help with that part at least. I made the mistake of letting one person know I wouldn't be transferring after all and now some of my things are locked away. Rude. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

WHERE IS MY FAVORITE BEAKER? If I can't find it I might have to go back to Fort first thing to look for it there.

I feel silly now. It was in my weyr on the kitchen counter! Found it when I went to have an after dinner snack! Ah well. Hispidath won't stop mocking me, but at least I have my beaker back.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Seems like Benden was actually lucky with only one poisoning patient.

Orgailian surprised me with a visit, he wanted to show his appreciation for my assistance with his and his brother's injuries. Quite the lively and rigorous sense of gratitude. I gave him a book to bring back to Zelana, maybe she'll find enough time to read it a bit and learn something.

I should stop by Ista Weyr sometime soonish, check up on some former patients, maybe have a bit more fun while I'm there. I can also swing by the other Weyrs too I suppose, see if there were any interesting anomalies with the cookies and such, write a few notes.

Rh'us
of Bronze Hispidath

Date of Birth
13.01.709, 36
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Icy Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Oh fuck.
I'm not ready yet.
I still have so much shit to do.
FUCK

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)