World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.06.13 | Curious
Late afternoon | @Kaiza

Date of Birth
16.03.723, 22
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Brown and wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Benden Weyr was, Vaera was learning, not laid out nearly as similarly to Fort Weyr as she’d hoped. She’d been to Fort Weyr enough to know her way around most of the Weyr—or at least, most of the places she had any need to be, like the dining halls and her friends’ weyrs. But this was her first time at Benden, and while she was definitely not lost she wasn’t entirely sure of the best way to get to the Weyr bowl.

It didn’t help that the dragon who had brought her to Benden had dropped her and Healer Tovas off directly on the weyr ledge of her teacher’s patient, so she had no point of reference for the hallways whatsoever. When Tovas had finished with the patient and made to head back to the Hall, Vaera had asked to stay behind to visit a friend in the Weyr (she hadn’t had a specific one in mind, to be fair, but she’d participated in a handful of classes for the gold Candidates and could name a few of the female Candidates if Tovas had questioned her, which he hadn’t). She’d been given the rest of the day off, and Vaera was sure she’d be able to find at least one dragonrider willing to bring her back to Fort when she wanted to return home.

Of course, in her haste to get to explore the Weyr she’d assumed too much about her ability to get around. Still, it couldn’t be that hard to reach the Bowl eventually—all she had to do was keep heading downward, right?

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
07.05.724, 20
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slender and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Packed up and moved to Benden to wait for Mizeath's next clutch had Kaiza bored as hell. Not that she minded Benden but it wasn't her home and she didn't know anything about it, only that Ameris and M'ris were the leaders and Mizeath was nice enough. She should probably change that, was her thought as she ambled along with a snitched bubblypie in her hand. She was sure she was going to hear all about it when they finally figured out it was Kaiza who'd been snitching pies but that was a problem for future her.

She turned a corner and found a pretty girl headed down the hall. She knew her, had met her a few times hanging around Madi, and had found her to be quite... Adorable. Sweet each time, it had piqued Kaiza's interest but never let it get further than some smiles and waves. Vaera looked a little lost and Kaiza wondered if she needed help. Quick to be that person, Kaiza moved her feet a little faster.

"Vaera!" she called out and hoped she got her name right as she raised a hand. Hurrying to catch up, Kaiza only puffed out a breath a little and she was pleased as punch at that. "Hey," she said as she caught up with the other girl, "Hey where ya going? Need some help with anything? I got time if you need it." She was cute with her little healer's knots and Kaiza was glad she'd caught sight of her.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.03.723, 22
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Brown and wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Vaera spun around when she heard her name, taking in the girl approaching her for a moment before the name came to her. “Kaiza! Hello, it’s a pleasure to see you again,” she said, clasping her hands in front of her waist. “I was looking to go to the Weyr Bowl, but I’ve realized I don’t know the way. If you don’t mind, I mean, you said you’re free and while I’m sure I would find the way eventually it would be faster if you were to—well, it doesn’t have to be the Bowl, really, I just thought it would be a good place to start since I haven’t been to Benden before, but if you know a better place you could take me there instead—um, if you want to.” Vaera trailed off, mortified at how much she was rambling, and a blush spread across her face.

She was usually a lot more composed than this, but Kaiza had surprised her a little. Vaera could be calm and in control in classes, and with other Healers—she had to be, for anyone to take her even a little bit seriously as a woman of her age trying to be a Healer. Even Tovas, who often borrowed her as something of his own personal apprentice, was only doing it to gain favor and access to her father. Which meant that Vaera had to be perfect when dealing with him and her other teachers.

And then, when any girl roughly her age spoke to her Vaera felt like she lost every ounce of poise she possessed. Especially if they smiled at her. She’d developed something of an immunity to Madiquel over their friendship—she was less blushy and tongue tied whenever her friend smiled, though it still snuck up on her sometimes.

Vaera just really, really hoped Kaiza didn’t think she sounded stupid. There was no reason she had to impress Kaiza, not really, not like the male Healers who had influence in her life path, but Vaera wanted to impress her, or at least not make Kaiza think she was a complete waste of her time. She twisted her hands restlessly and tried to will the blush to recede from her face.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)