World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.05.23 | New Roommate
8pm | Chironhes

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
After a rather successful day of foraging and hiking, Siro had gone and spent the rest of his day getting the afternoon chores he was assigned to finished. After hours of hiking, moving supplies for the kitchen and then mucking out the stables took more out of him than it normally would have and he's slipped a couple of times into the mud to boot. It was a frustrating little end to chore time, but at least he got it done and could just go slink on off to his room. Fancy greeted him with his usual chirp as soon as he started to make his way back towards the candidate barracks, deftly landing on the one clean spot on his shoulders.

The first thing Sironar did as he stumbled into his room was strip out of his dirt and mud covered clothes, immediately tossing them to the side to add to the pile he usually kept on the room's other bed. It wasn't as if anyone else was using it after all, he hadn't had a roommate in a while since the last one impressed a green. Only there was a sudden flailing and jump of someone in the bed and Siro nearly jumped out of his skin as he cursed, whirling around to stare at the stranger who was in his room. "What the fuck?! What are you doing in my room?"

Fancy, curious as to what all the fuss was about, flew down from his perch to boldly land on the bed next to the stranger as he studied him. He gave an inquisitive chirp as he circled around, bold and curious, but not above popping away if the stranger tried to grab him. Siro sighed as he watched the lizard and gestured to it. "That's Fancy. Don't let him beg, that's dad's fault..." his voice trailed off and his eyes narrowed as he remembered the curious exchange he had with his father earlier. "Son of a fuck, this is his fault isn't it?" At the slightly blank expression on the stranger's face Siro sighed. "S'far of Bronze Urudith... the Weyrleader? That guy."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
It had been a day of firsts for Chironhes; the first time a wherry had gotten the upper hand, the first time he'd met a dragon, 'talked' with a dragon and subsequently insulted said dragon, the first time a stranger had helped him get healing without any expectation of reward or repayment, the first time he'd met another person who couldn't speak, and even the first time he'd felt he was welcomed into another community. The hunter had experienced more mind-boggling stimulation in the course of a single day than he had in several years combined. His injuries alone were enough to leave him exhausted, no matter the efficiency of whatever healing salve had been used, but paired with so much information on top of it, Chir's mind was reeling.

He was more than grateful when S'far had returned after his "chat" with B'jin and Larrikith to show him to his new lodgings just to have a chance to finally lay down and rest his reeling mind. Granted, S'far had quickly shoved a pile of clothes off the bed he'd intended for him, but the linens looked otherwise clean, and Chir was hardly one to complain considering he had spent years sleeping in a nest of musty furs in the woods.

As soon as he'd been left to his own devices, Chir hadn't bothered with poking around the room to investigate all that was there, instead gingerly laying on the bed and promptly falling asleep as soon as his head hit the soft pillow.

His wake-up call came much too soon in the form of clothes smacking him in the face. On instinct, Chir's left hand slapped against his thigh where he usually kept his dagger, and winced when he recalled its lack. His dominant arm remained tucked in the sling that held it across his chest, but it didn't slow him as he ratcheted up off the bed to blink in shock at the very naked stranger in front of him.

Quickly, Chir averted his gaze, his face flushed crimson. Did Weyrfolk often strut around naked? Granted, based on the other boy's response, Chir suspected he was just as much a surprise. Still, he winced at the aggressive response, his teeth gritting as he knew he had no way of explaining his situation. What he wouldn't give to have Larrikith's calm presence around just now! He hadn't realized how much he'd come to rely on the dragon's kind nature until just then.

Chir jolted when a miniature dragon landed beside him on the bed and blinked in surprise. Was this what a hatchling dragon looked like? Hello? he tried hesitantly, frowning when he heard no response like he'd come to expect with Larrikith. Perhaps babies didn't know how to mind-speak. He twisted to watch the little thing as it circled around him. Cautiously, he held out a hand in invitation for it to sniff as if were a cat needing to decide if it would allow him the honor of petting it.

Chir glanced up as the other boy introduced the little creature as Fancy before quickly being reminded of his nakedness and looking back down. Based on the bright blue iridescence of its hide, the hunter felt it was a suitable name for the baby dragon. Him, Chir corrected. A suitable name for him. He smiled kindly at the little beastie; even if he couldn't mind-speak, he was awfully cute.

Another outburst from the naked teenager had Chir wincing again. The hunter's expression was notably blank at the accusation of a nameless 'him' being responsible for his presence here but cleared as soon as he mentioned S'far. That, at least, Chir could answer with confidence. He gave a curt nod while peeling the other boy's muddy clothes off him and offering them back as he stared hard at the wall. While it would probably be best to simply drop them on the floor among the other clothes S'far had shoved off the bed for him, Chir didn't want to be rude and not offer the option of giving them back more politely.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

The nod confirmed that his father was the source of his irritation and Sironar rubbed his temples before moving to his own bed to plop down and try to collect himself. "Sorry for yelling you just startled the shit out of me. I didn't know I was getting a roommate." He looked up and saw that the other boy was trying to hand him back his clothes. "Oh, just put them on the floor for now. I'll... I'll clean this up later. Tomorrow if you remind me. What's your name anyway?"

Now that his heart wasn't hammering in his chest from that initial shock he was able to take a moment to actually study his new roommate. Who... still wasn't answering him. No, instead the guy was just flailing about and gesturing and pointing at his mouth and Siro just let out another long sigh. "You can't talk can you?" Well the nod was at least getting him somewhere. And it indicated that he could hear too. "So, if you can't talk then can you write or..." his voice trailed off as he remembered the other odd question his dad had asked him. "You can't read or write either can you?"

The nod prompted him to get back up and walk over to the little desk on the side to grab a bit of paper and write a quick message to his father. At a whistle, Fancy abandoned the stranger on the bed to take hold of the quick note that Siro has written, patiently waiting until his master told him his destination, "Take this to dad, wait for a reply." He gave an excited little chirp and hopped off the desk before disappearing with a muffled pop.

With that done, Siro turned his attention back to his new roommate and finally noticed his purposeful attempts to avoid looking at him. "Oh you're from a Hold aren't you? I guess I can put some pants on." A pair of pants was lifted from the floor and after a quick shake he decided they were clean enough. "Anyway, I'm Sironar, but you can... well you can't call me Siro so never mind. Rather than have you flailing all night, I just sent my dad a letter and hopefully he'll get back to me-" he was cut off by another pop as Fancy appeared in the room, wings flapping as he veered course to nimbly land on Siro's shoulder, new letter clutched in his tiny claws.

After a quick read (during which he kept reaching up to idly pet and scratch at Fancy's head) he nodded. "Okay... can I call you Chir? And I guess you like hunting. I do NOT, so please don't bring any of that into our room. Don't even show me actually. Just better that way. And I guess I'm going to help with your reading and writing lessons so that's fine." He sighed and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "I guess I can show you around whenever you'd like. We're probably going to need some sort of system for talking until you learn how to read. I guess for now just point at whatever you have questions about."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

As soon as he was given leave to, Chironhes dropped his roommate's clothes on the floor. He wasn't bothered at all by the mud left behind on his hands, quite used to being covered in mud or dirt in some way. Having spent so much time alone, cleanliness on his part had fallen somewhat by the wayside, though he tried to at least bathe whenever he got covered in gore after butchering a meal just for comfort's sake back home. The healers had at least managed to scrub his skin clean while tending to his wounds, but he could feel the difference now between the healing areas compared to the rest of himself. It wasn't dissimilar to Siro's mud-caked clothes.

It was easier than he expected to get the other boy to realize he couldn't speak. Typically, it took far more gesturing for the Holdsfolk who didn't know him to pick up on it, and usually, they only figured it out when someone who'd known him for a while came to his rescue and served as a translator of a sort. And before he could even gesture about not being able to write either, his roommate was speaking for him. Relieved to not have to struggle to communicate that, too, Chir shook his head in confirmation.

Though he still tried to avoid staring outright at the other boy's nakedness, the freckled hunter watched from the corner of his eye the way the boy bent over a desk to scribble something on paper. While he would have liked to stare at the glyphs there, Chir was far too aware of the bare ass in front of him and found a particularly interesting spot on the ceiling to stare at instead until Fancy disappeared with the letter clutched in his claws.

When Sironar turned back, Chir practically slumped in visible relief when the boy finally donned some pants. The hunter's time around the Holdsfolk was limited as it was, but even he knew it was impolite to look at someone who wasn't dressed. Siro, on the other hand, seemed totally at ease about it, and Chir was reminded of rumors he'd heard about how lax Weyrfolk were when it came to their bodies. Something about being at ease in their own skin. Or was it easy? He couldn't quite recall the saying but remembered it being said with some manner of derision.

At Fancy's return, Chir smiled at the dragonling and tried not to will him closer so he could pet him while also fervently wanting to feel the softness of his hide. The familiar way in which the baby blue dragon settled on Siro's shoulder made the freckled teen wistful for a bond like that for himself. He remembered at one time trying to befriend a fox kit years ago, but the poor thing had fallen prey to a wherry and he'd stopped getting attached to the wildlife.

When Siro said his name, Chir managed a shy nod of acknowledgment. It was far easier to communicate with animals and dragons, he thought with some frustration. Their expectations seemed so much lower. Still, he nodded in agreement with the rules his roommate set forth. He felt no need to bring back any kills into the room when they would make a mess better left to the woods where scavengers could use whatever he didn't.

Though Chir would have preferred to then tuck back in for sleep with exhaustion still dogging his heels, he found himself incapable of denying Siro's offer to join him in the baths. Firstly, he wanted to know where they were to get back into the habit of staying clean himself now that he was apparently going to be living with another. Secondly, it felt rude to decline, especially knowing it had been some time since he'd actually had one in the river, and the first part of his morning had involved rolling around in the mud with a musky boar, followed by the stint with the admittedly foul-smelling wherry. He followed Siro mutely, grateful the other boy didn't seem keen to natter at him endlessly on the way.

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Siro looked at the letter again, frowning as he reread the part about his father saving Chir from a hunting accident. It gave him a very unsettling mental image that he was glad he hadn't been present to see in person. He would have been absolutely useless! He sighed and ran his hands through his hair again and felt how greasy it was. He was probably due a bath, and a quick sniff of himself verifies it. He frowned, nose wrinkling. "I need a bath. Have you had one? I can show you where the baths are."

He didn't think Chir had much of his own things if he was just snatched up by his dad and brought here so he grabbed an extra clean towel before leading the way to the bath. They were going to have to find some way to communicate until they could get to reading and writing at least. Maybe they could try to do something with the flailing and gesticulating, or maybe even just signals with whistles like birds. He pushed the door to the baths open and hung the towels up before he stripped out of his pants and set them off to the side on a bench. "You should probably try to not worry about the nudity so much. Everyone takes baths and there aren't that many weyrs that come with a private bath. We're definitely not fancy enough for that. Maybe if we impress some bronzes one day... who knows."

With a sigh he sank into the warm water and dunked himself before grabbing a handful of sweet sand to scrub into his hair until it foamed into a thick lather. Fancy, having rode his boy into the water, finally relinquished his grip to take a little swim. "So. We're going to need some way to communicate or something. At least so I know what questions you have instead of just having you point or flail. So... Hm. Maybe two fingers for why? It almost looks like a Y... okay it looks more like a V, but for our purposes it will do. So this," he held up his two fingers, slightly spread, "can be for the question why. That work for you? And... Do you know how to whistle? We could use that too. Like birds or something if that makes sense." He demonstrated with another whistle that caught Fancy's attention and made him chirp and whistle in response.

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Observant as he was, it was impossible for Chir not to notice the way Siro considered him before grabbing an extra towel. Maybe it was a small thing to a weyrleader's son, but to the hunter, it was big. The number of people who actively considered him in their actions could be counted on one hand, and all of them, he had met today.

For one who didn't have a dragon to read into his emotions, Siro seemed especially attuned to his feelings. Maybe he was just obvious about the way he avoided anyone's gazes as he followed Siro's example and stripped free of the storage clothes the healers had provided, but he appreciated that Siro cared enough to notice his discomfort. The mention of the pair of them impressing bronze dragons had him thinking about Urudith with a frown. He far preferred Larrikith's kindness. The green dragon seemed far more accepting, and hadn't she admitted to not preferring the company of most bronze dragons? Considering his own experience, maybe he wouldn't either.

Left naked other than the bandage wrapped around his middle, the one encircling his right shoulder, and the sling that held his right arm steady, Chir followed Siro towards the baths. He hesitated, anticipating the usual cold of the rivers only to blink in surprise. It was warm. Really warm! Actually eager to dip farther in, he sank down until the water settled just above his hips before considering his bandages. They would probably tighten uncomfortably if he got them wet... But after seeing Siro submerge himself completely, Chir knew he wanted to as well.

The hunter was in the process of unwinding the sling when Siro mentioned the pair of them coming up with a way to communicate while Fancy swam around. Canting his head to the side, he stopped his task to hold his fingers up as Siro showed and found himself smiling widely. It felt like a secret, this sign only the two of them understood. Finding he quite liked it, Chir nodded affirmatively.

When Siro mentioned whistling, the hunter shook his head as he finished removing the sling and started to unwind the bandages along his right shoulder. The punctures looked deep when he revealed them, evidence of the wherry's claws, but he was surprised to note the distinct lack of angry heat or redness around them. Whatever the healers had applied worked quickly.

With as much care as he could manage one-handed, Chir organized the sling and bandages on the side of the bath before tending to the one around his middle. It was more difficult without using his right hand, and against healers' orders, he lowered his arm to assist in the process. Chir didn't feel the way the movement pulled at the still-healing flesh but noted with surprise the way blood spilled freshly from the site and winced in apology towards Siro. He knew he'd mentioned not caring for hunting. Perhaps it was an aversion to blood that had caused it. He knew of others at the Hold with similar misgivings.

To hopefully prevent his roommate from any discomfort, he turned to hide his wounds, baring only his back to Siro's view when he finally exposed the wound along his side. Unlike the one at his shoulder, this one was notably angry and had vicious bruising spread wide around the area. But it didn't bleed like the one at his shoulder, and Chir felt an uncomfortable concern about how that may actually be a bad thing. Bleeding meant a site could heal. He'd seen it before. When a wound couldn't bleed, it meant the area around it would die.

While Siro explained whistling, Chironhes finally sank fully into the bath and pushed worries of his injuries away. He let the water close over his head and ran his left hand across his tight curls before resurfacing. The water diluted the blood and he watched in fascination as the dirtied bath water eddied towards a drain without leaving the pair of them soaking in the mire.

He turned back around, this time making sure to keep his arm tucked close, and used his good hand to scrub at himself with the material Siro had slid across the edge of the pool towards him. Despite his intention to be gentle around his right shoulder, the slightest bit of pressure against his skin had the wound bleeding freely again. Slapping his hand against the tenderized flesh only encouraged it to flow around his fingers, clearly frustrating the young hunter. This was not working out as he'd planned.

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

At first Sironar was too busy lounging and relaxing in the warm bath to really pay attention to what his companion was doing. He went on about whistling, how to try and hold your lips, how to get the airflow right, how to practice until he found what worked for him. It was something he'd explained before, usually to younger candidates or even small children from the creche, so it was easy to rattle off without thinking much about it. "So anyway I hope that makes sense. You should give it a few tries."

He sat up to get a good look at Chir and caught sight of crimson blooming from his shoulder. At first he just stared, confused as to what it could possibly be, but then the wave off nausea and dizziness hit him and suddenly he was sputtering and coughing as someone pulled him out of the bath and shoved him up and out onto the cold floor. "Oh fuck... oh fuck what..." He looked up and his vision swam again as he saw the blood pouring from that hole in Chir's shoulder.

There was a nudge at his face and he gasped, eyes snapping open as Fancy chirped and gave him another gentle nudge. "Oh hey boy... did I faint again? Did..." Siro paled and screwed his eyes shut. "Chir are you still here?" Even if he couldn't answer Fancy at least sent a quick mental image to confirm he was still there. "Just... can you stop the bleeding on your own or do you need to go to a healer?" But how was the mute even going to answer him? Sironar frowned as he tried to think. "Shit... uh... two claps for yes, one for no."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

There were a great many things Chir hadn't experienced before. Seeing someone go sheet white at the sight of blood and nearly drown right in front of him previously made the list. The hunter's own heart leaped into his throat in a panic when his roommate slipped bonelessly under the water. Quickly, Chir surged forward and hauled the other boy up out of the water. The action only worsened the opening of the wound at his shoulder. The healers had warned him he wouldn't feel the pain from the poultice they'd applied and had warned him extensively of the importance of keeping the area still. But he hadn't thought something as simple as a bath would bring cause for concern.

And now, there he was making matters worse, bleeding everywhere. All over himself, all over Siro. Even Fancy didn't seem to escape the carnage as the baby dragon circled around them in confusion. Chir grunted with the effort it took to pull Siro out of the bath and groaned with discomfort as he slipped on the blood and water-slick floors. The area looked like he'd massacred an animal with how blood-tinged water billowed out in an artistic flow around where he hovered over his unconscious roommate.

Relief flooded him when the other boy stirred, and Chir shook his shoulders to encourage Siro to stay awake. It was apparently the wrong thing to do. As soon as his eyes opened, they rolled back again and Chir winced as the back of his head smacked soundly against the floor.

Rubbing his hands over his face, Chir wished fervently for Larrikith to come around if only to bring help. This was clearly outside his realm of expertise. What a mess he'd made... So much for the goal of getting clean. Now they were both worse off than when they'd come!

The hunter hesitated as he stood. Should he go find help? But what if something happened when he left and Siro passed out again? What if he rolled into the baths and drowned??

Before he could make a decision, Siro seemed to come to again. Chir glanced around at the carnage and suspected the pattern would continue. Thankfully, Sironar had enough wherewithal to close his eyes to prevent it, much to the freckled boy's relief. At Siro's question, Chir smacked the ground three times. Both questions had different answers!

As if realizing it, only one was repeated. With confidence he didn't exactly feel, Chir slapped the wet ground once. He didn't need a healer; he'd bandaged himself up plenty of times before. However, he wasn't convinced Siro didn't need one himself. He placed a hand on Siro's shoulder in silent indication for him to stay. The last thing he needed was for him to try getting up and stumbling into the pool.

Quickly, Chir padded back the way they'd come. Finding his relatively clean shirt, he returned and helped Siro sit up so he could tie it around Siro's head to keep his eyes closed. With a grunt, he tugged at him to usher him back into the baths if only to wash the blood off the both of them. Using his good arm, Chir also splashed water up onto the tiles to dilute out the blood and encourage it to drain before reaching over to staunch his bleeding shoulder with the bandages. Retying it was a messy chore, but he did so efficiently before replacing the sling as well.

The freckled hunter slumped against the side of the baths with a long sigh. He'd just resigned to stay here. Now, S'far was surely going to kick him out for nearly drowning his son.

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Sironar's head was still swimming and he was feeling dizzy and nauseous, his stomach fluttering as his heart pounded in his chest. At least the claps kind of worked for now, and he had Fancy cuddling up to him in a reassuring fashion. It wasn't the first time he'd watched his boy faint, so he just stayed there, watching for any further distress.

It took a few deep breaths before he found some more words. "Okay... okay. You just... just deal with the blood. And when you're done let me know? I'm more okay with seeing it on the ground if there's not something that caused it... I can just pretend it's a thing like juice or something and not a part of someone or something anymore if that makes sense. Doesn't always work, but it's better than seeing a person or animal that is actively bleeding." He hadn't expected to be helped up, and especially hadn't expected the blindfold but it worked. With fancy perched on his shoulder, careful not to dig his claws into skin, he awkwardly sat in the water once he was led back to it, face turning red in embarrassment from someone else taking the time to wash him.

"Sometimes it's easier if I just let it dry first and then wash it off. That doesn't make me faint, even when the water turns pink or red," he mumbled, "But thanks." Siro reached up to tenderly feel the bump forming on the back of his head when he'd hit the floor and grimaced. "At least I don't think I'm bleeding. Are you..." he paused for a moment, his mouth suddenly dry. He took a few more deep breaths, fought the wave of dizziness that was threatening to overcome him and then shakily climbed back out of the water to just perch on the edge of the bathing pool with only his feet still in. "Need to cool down, " he muttered under his breath.

He wanted to pull the blindfold off so he could grab his pants and pull them on, but he was still worried about Chir's state. "Can I pull this off yet?" He asked as he reached up to tug on the blindfold. "I think I just want to get out of here and lay down for a little. Maybe get some fruit and water from the kitchens first."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Chir wanted nothing more than to slip under the water and contemplate drowning himself for a while. What a disaster. He should have just gone to sleep. His eyes quickly assessed Siro for any hint of blood remaining and felt relief to see he'd managed to splash all of it off him. His roommate's question was met with a short pause. What was it again? Twice for yes, once for no? Chir slapped the surface of the water twice to signal it was safe for him to remove the make-shift blindfold before stepping out of the bath himself.

The young hunter managed his most apologetic expression and stayed close to Siro as they both made their way into the antechamber to get dressed just in case he had to prevent another spill on the floor. Chironhes accepted his shirt back from Siro and slipped it over his head, not bothering to free his right arm from the fabric. It was better for it to stay under the shirt just in case it started to bleed through the bandages. Thankfully, the loose fabric of the storage pants made it easy for him to shrug them back on one-handed after toweling off. After, Chir slung the towel over his injured shoulder as extra insurance there would be no strikethrough.

As Siro led the way to the kitchens, Chir spent the time remembering the paths they'd taken to get there. An excellent sense of direction had served him well in the forests, but he knew this was a brand new jungle to navigate, and he didn't want to get lost right away if he went out on his own.

Chir declined Siro's offer to fetch him anything from the kitchens with a lifted palm and a shake of his head. He waited just outside and wondered if B'jin and Larrikith were still in Lemos or if they'd returned yet. If he could just explain to the green dragon it was an accident, surely she would make an argument to S'far to let him stay. He hoped. Which felt silly now, considering he'd been so eager to return home before.

Upon Siro's return, Chir fell into step alongside him to make their way back to their quarters. But the boy caught sight of the familiar building and reached out to tug at Siro's shirt. He pointed at the healers' site and hoped the reason was obvious enough. Though the other boy didn't join him inside, he did wait at the door.

Once inside, Chir was chastised quite heavily for the damage he'd done to his arm. Without any way to defend himself, the injured hunter only hung his head and accepted the rebukes as his injuries were examined. However, before any numbweed could be reapplied, the boy held out a hand and shook his head. It was clear the gel was too effective for him. Chir was used to injuries that pained him. They were the body's warning system that he was extending himself beyond his limits. Having it on his shoulder again was clearly detrimental as he too easily forgot about his state without the constant reminder.

But, as it had concerned him before, the deep wound along his side had the healer tutting with disapproval. Though he stiffened in anticipation, Chir made no protest when they took a blade to the necrotic skin. Despite Siro's poor relationship with blood, bleeding was a good sign of an area's ability to heal, and the hunter understood its importance based on his own experiences in the wilds. Only when the healer reached healthy tissue did a sharp, exhaled whimper pass from the boy. The numbweed applied before had clearly worn off and now he could feel the blade methodically scraping against his flesh.

Chir dug the fingers of his left hand firmly into the infirmary bed while his right hand clenched into a tight fist in its sling. His breaths passed harshly through his nose as he fought every instinct to reel away from the healer's care and slumped with apparent relief when they finally found satisfaction with the way the ugly wound bled freely. A warning was called out to Siro by the medic for him not to come in yet, and Chir let his chin dip towards his chest in obvious relief when numbweed was applied to the gaping wound on his side.

A new bandage was re-applied and Chir was left with strict instructions not to touch it again and to return first thing in the morning for a change. The boy nodded his understanding seriously and quickly fled back to Siro as soon as he was given leave to go. For people who spent their time helping others, healers could be frightening!

Date of Birth
14.05.726, 18
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
athletic
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Sironar cautiously lifted the shirt so that he could take a quick peek out of only one eye to make sure there was nothing distressing still happening. There was some pink staining, but that seemed to be fine, at least so far. He removed the shirt blindfold the rest of the way and then took a deep breath, one hand still braced on the floor just in case a dizzy spell hit all of a sudden. When nothing came he nodded and climbed up onto his feet so they could go get dressed.

He was still feeling too woozy for much conversation, and he was glad that Chir didn't seem to care about the silence as he led the way to the kitchens. "You want anything while we're here?" Siro had asked the question almost offhandedly, mostly to just try and be polite as he remembered his manners before he went to go grab a bowl and filled it with grapes. After popping a few of the sweet green grapes into his mouth, Siro was already starting to feel a bit better and as soon as he stepped out and spotted Chir he offered the other boy the bowl just in case he wanted to snatch a couple for himself.

While Chir might not have wanted any, Fancy was delighted to provide his assistance in disposing of any extra grapes, eagerly munching on them as they were offered. The detour was not entirely unexpected, and frankly Siro was glad that he didn't have to be the one to suggest it. "You on on, I'll just wait out here. I hate the infirmary." And he always did his best to avoid it, aside from the time his father was poisoned the year prior. That had been its own brand of uncomfortable with the very emotional and upset goldrider insisting on staying with her bronzerider mate the entire time in the same room.

By the time Chir was out he'd finished off the last of the grapes and had given the bowl to Fancy to return back to the kitchens. "Hey, feeling better?" Siro asked in greeting once his companion returned. He pushed himself off the wall he'd been leaning against to start walking back to their room. "Hey... uh... sorry about fainting. I know it's dumb, just some blood, but..." he sighed, rubbing his face with his hands as he tried to ignore the embarrassment. "Could you do me a favor and not tell anyone? It's embarrassing enough without people talking about it."

PA - First Post!

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair

Threads

Siro's question was met with a subtle nod. It was a difficult question to answer truthfully, but an easy one if he just pretended all was well. He was certainly sore, especially now without the balm of numbweed on his shoulder. The area throbbed fiercely now, but it served as an ever-present reminder for him not to go overdoing it as he had before.

He hadn't expected Siro's embarrassment. S'far had warned him that his son didn't like hunting. At least now, Chir understood why. Fainting at the sight of blood would not a good hunter make. That was alright, though. Everyone had their strengths.

At his roommate's soft request, Chir lightly elbowed him to get his attention before lifting his hands to his lips and miming sewing his mouth closed and tossing away an imaginary needle. His smile was wry afterward. Of all the people who could have been present for such an event, Siro lucked out to get stuck with the new kid who couldn't speak!

As soon as they got back to their room, Chir sat heavily on his bed with a sigh. What a long, brutal day. Waking up this morning, he never would have guessed even a quarter of the events that had happened to him. It was meant to be another normal day. Hunting, butchering, hide curing, salting boar meat, running into town to sell his wares, returning to make a meal, going to sleep, and repeating the process all over again. Instead, it had been filled with adventure and dragons and healers and mind-speak and...well, he'd maybe even made a few friends.

Tenderly, Chir stretched out on the bed, rearranging the extra pillow to prop up his right elbow so it didn't pull so much at his shoulder to fall against his side. The boy stared up at the ceiling and let out another audible sigh. Sleeping in a bed was nothing like a nest of furs. It felt so exposing to be open on three sides, but he supposed the closed door provided more ample protection than the canvas of his shelter in Lemos. It would be an adjustment for sure. But already, he felt himself melting into the soft mattress while Siro got himself settled.

The day's events finally caught up with the young hunter and Chir's head fell to the side as sleep claimed him whether Siro had opted to strike up a conversation or not.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)