World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.05.18 | Reacquainted
sunset, K'dar

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair
Black, some grey/silver if you look close enough

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Once again the spring air was beginning to warm somewhat, the promise of summer in the not so distant future tempting and inviting, even though the winds still chilled the woman. The last turn had been…interesting. The events it held, the people lost, the overall insanity had left a bitter taste in her mouth, and though things seemed to have calmed, a niggling sense of unease still haunted her from time to time. Most notably, it haunted her when those damned headaches came back. That poison that had left her unconscious and killed others still wreaked havoc on her head, though mercifully those seemed to be fewer and farther between.

Lassalla pulled the blanket tighter about her shoulders against the breeze, adjusting where she leaned back against one of the star stones. One hand reached out to push the bottles back into the shade, keeping the liquid inside from getting warm. Even if the air was cool, the direct light of the setting sun would still heat the liquid within if it were left to sit too long. The woman cast a narrowed gaze over at her gold, where the great creature preened against the bronze she’d grown rather fond of over the past months. Comfortable? She asked, raising an eyebrow. Neryseth didn’t dignify the one-word question with an answer, though, instead merely sprawling and opening her maw in a massive yawn.

The creature had insisted on spending the evening up on the fire heights, though why she’d insisted on her rider accompanying her, Lassalla could only guess. Though, based on the fact that the request also included the booze and juice as well as a couple of glasses, the woman guessed the request likely had something to do with the rider of the dragon she was currently canoodling with.

The footsteps approached from the other side of the stone, and a smile spread across the woman’s features. “Hello, K’dar.” She looked up, languid and calm, simply enjoying the light and the brisk evening air. The younger man had been good company over the past while. She’d appreciated his cooking, for sure. That Tiberuth had caught Neryseth in her last Flight… well that was just a bonus. She chuckled. “Tiberuth convince you to come check on me again?” Half-joking, Lassalla patted the spot next to her. Had it already been a turn since they shared a similar evening?

“Come, sit down. Have a drink. A little firelizard-“ Eyes landed meaningfully on the gold dragon for a moment, “-told me it might be a good idea to bring some juice to have with my rum tonight. You like this stuff better with something to mix it in, don't you?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
K'dar was plagued with worry about Zory. He still hadn't really responded to the letter that his younger brother had sent him. His lackluster and generic, "I'm not mad at you, it's fine," was definitely not going to calm the young man down, but it was the best that he could come up with for the moment. Tiberuth kept suggesting he just have a frank and open chat with the young man about his concerns, but frustratingly his rider still balked at some forms of direct confrontation and self confidence. He had every confidence his rider would mature into a confident and self assured man capable of making quick decisions, but he sometimes wished it would happen a little faster.

At first K'dar had thought he was just annoying the dragon with all of the sibling drama when he insisted they head out. But then instead of exploring some far away spot hidden in the mountains, the bronze had brought his rider up to the fire heights, insisting that they didn't have to go far to have a grand time. Of course that was when he discovered Tiber's ulterior motives as the bronze greeted Neryseth with a low rumble. It was hard to be upset about it, especially with how pleased and comfortable the dragon was.

If the gold was here then her rider wasn't far off either though, and he didn't want to be rude. So K'dar did his best to try and put his concerns aside for the moment, took a deep breath, and then walked over to go greet Lassalla. At least she was in a good mood and it made it easier for him to return the smile as he sat down next to her to lean back against the stone too.

"Something like that," he said with a small chuckle as he glanced off in the direction of their dragons. K'dar turned back to Lassalla and considered the offer of the drink. "It is better mixed with things," he said with a nod. She was nice enough, they'd spent a little bit of time just chatting and working on more campfire recipes, and he certainly remembered having a good time when Tiberuth had finally won his first gold. He immediately jerked his eyes away to just look at the landscape as the sunset cast it all in a warm glow while. "It's a nice view," he said as he made sure to gesture at the landscape and not at Lassalla specifically. Flight or no, he didn't need to be crass about it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair

Threads

With a small laugh, Lassalla held a cup out to the younger man, reaching and uncorking a bottle and pouring for the both of them. The drink was milder, the burn of alcohol tamped down by the sweetness of the juice. But there was still enough there to let a person get into trouble if they were’t careful. “Let me know how you like that mix, then.” She took a sip herself, letting the sweet and tart flavors dance across her tongue for a moment, sighing in contentment before she took another.

At the bronzerider’s comment she didn’t make any effort to hide the smile that spread across her features, noting the pointed way in which he looked toward the sunset instead of at her. Not like it wasn’t anything he hadn’t seen already, but she appreciated the effort to be polite. Such manners were growing more and more rare, it seemed. “Indeed it is.”

A thought came to mind, making itself present with a chuckle. “By the way, we’ve been using that stew recipe of yours. Pretty sure it’s Rosi’s favorite thing, now. If she doesn’t eat in crèche she insists on helping make it out on the ledge.” It was a simple meal that her girls could easily put together themselves, and a makeshift fireplace had been set up on Neryseth’s ledge against the wall for the sole purpose of having a place to cook. Broth, vegetables, tubers and spices were in near-constant supply in the weyr now, and they all enjoyed trying to make it with the different offerings the kitchens had available in the way of proteins. “You wouldn’t happen to know of anything sweet we could try, hm?”

The feeling of a faint pout rippled across the bond she held with her gold, and she smirked at the creature. Neryseth had been more than pleased to have them cooking in some capacity in the weyr, particularly when she could convince the girls to give her tastes of whatever was on offer. But sweets weren’t her favorite. Lassalla shook her head with a sigh at the gold’s attitude. “Or spicy? For Neryseth. She likes to taste-test on occasion.”

After a moment, the woman shifted, giving the man a glance. Something about him wasn’t quite holding the generally pleasant demeanor he usually had. A lot had happened in the last turn, she hoped the man was holding up. “Everything alright?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar took a hesitant sniff at the drink. Alcohol still wasn't his favorite, after quite some time sampling what must have been everything under the sun at Yfris's insistence, he'd finally found one single beverage that he actually liked. Thankfully that had satisfied the lord and he hadn't had to go on any sort of binges since that fateful discovery. In the process though K'dar had at least gotten somewhat used to drinks. At least he hoped. There was still that burn and enough of the taste of alcohol that he couldn't stop some of the nose wrinkle, but thankfully the juice had it mellowed out enough that he could keep going without otherwise pulling a face or embarrass himself with a coughing or sputtering fit. "It's nice enough," he said cautiously. "I'm still not really much of a drinker, but it's nice enough and the company even better."

He even gave Lassalla a smile as he took another sip, swallowing it down without fuss before adding, "The juice is a very good touch. Thank you." She had decided to share some of her own rum after all, and from what he'd seen of Yfris's liquor cabinet and how much was spent supplying it he knew it wasn't always a trivial amount. His eyebrow rose and his smile broadened a little bit more at the mention she was still enjoying the recipe he'd taught her. "I'm glad that you like it. I haven't had as much time to get out lately since I've been helping with my brother's twins and also running errands for S'far regarding some Holders, so I haven't had much time to try very many new things. Let me think though."

He scratched at his chin, smile fading as he thought. "I don't know about sweet so much. Maybe... no," he frowned, brow furrowed. Zory might have known something, but he wasn't about to talk to him for a recipe. He tried to hide the frown on his face by taking another longer sip of his drink, shrugging once he was done. "Not sure about sweet. I can ask some friends. For spicy I could ask Zelana to teach me something and then bring it back. She's with my brother A'tay, cooks for him a lot and I am pretty sure a lot of that is spicy." But then he'd have to go to Ista, and then he might run into Zory...

Lassalla's question had him looking up at her in surprise. "Alright? Oh pretty much. Everything's..." he sighed, head dropping back so he could just stare at the sky. "Probably not." K'dar had no idea how much to even bring up or say. The last thing he needed was for a goldrider to think something was wrong with him, especially this one, and especially because of Tiberuth and how he currently seemed quite interested in her dragon. "It's not important though, you don't have to worry. It's really just very, very awkward." Hopefully she wouldn't worry about it to much. He tried to change the subject to something else, "So spicy food? Other than sprinkling pepper on things I've never tried to do anything extra. Have you tried it a lot? I know they make spiced rums."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

That the younger man was so willing to be helpful with regards to her (what some might consider silly) request made the goldrider smile. “I’d appreciate that, thank you. Though, don’t go troubling yourself on my account. I’m more than happy to experiment with whatever the kitchen has to spare. Based on the simple guidelines you’ve shown me, I can usually come up with something that’s at least palatable, even if I don’t have a recipe in mind.”

The evening breeze fluttered the blanket, which the woman pulled a little tighter around herself. Scooting a little closer to the man, both to have one side of her against him for a little warmth, and perhaps part of her mirroring the easy familiarity that Neryseth felt for the man’s bronze bonded, Lassalla sighed, shaking her head at the gold. “Neryseth would certainly appreciate it, too.” The cup was lifted to her lips, sipping at the drink, though feeling a little less inclined to down the beverage, perfectly content to simply sip at the sweet and strong concoction.

One elegant brow arched up as K’dar tripped over his words. “Awkward.” She repeated, the word level and devoid of anything but perhaps mildly amused concern. A chuckle bubbled from her, and she smile wryly into her cup as it was lifted again. “Life’s too short for ‘awkward’. Trust me.” When she’d Impressed Neryseth those turns back, she’d had to get comfortable with ‘awkward’ real quick, given that she’d considered herself to have already had a mate in Kirolan before he’d passed. What with the nature of Flights, they’d had to move past that particular exclusivity real quick. They’d agreed that it wouldn’t affect them, as a couple, and Lassalla had found that philosophy of plowing through a problem and getting past it had bled into other aspects of her life, too. Dancing around ‘awkward’ only delayed moving forward. She tossed a lopsided smile to the bronzerider. “And I don’t worry. Not much, at least. You’re smart, you’ll figure it out, whatever it is.”

He changed the subject she let the previous topic pass with a shrug. Too short for awkward and too short for dwelling on things best left alone, life was. She considered his question, eyes narrowing in thought. “Pepper, yes. Ground peppercorn, mostly. I’ve heard of other things to add more flavor and heat, but haven’t got my hands on any of them yet. Spiced rum though?” A flash of particular interest glittered across her expression. “That sounds like my kind of spice. Can’t say as I’ve tried it, though.” Nudging her shoulder into him, she gave a sigh, something between wistful and annoyed. “Might have to have you track some down for me.”

Along with the amusement, there was a note of resignation, too. For the sake of the continued dragon populace of Pern, she and other fellow goldriders were still stuck. And were probably going to be so for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, things might calm soon. But until then, having company such as what she currently shared, able to relate tales of travels and such, did help. “How is the family?” She asked, genuinely curious. She’d not gotten particularly close to the other riders, another bronzerider, as well as Telgar’s other goldpair, but she’d seen them all around enough to know that K’dar was quite close to them, particularly the twins.

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"No trouble at all," K'dar insisted regarding the recipes. That should be an easy enough task, he imagined, and if it made a friend happy and cost him nothing then why not? And of course Tiberuth would insist it was a good social investment because Lassalla was a goldrider, and the fact that he was happily cuddling with her gold probably had nothing to do with it. He imagined a recipe book would be even more welcome, and the more he thought about that the more he liked the idea of that sort of gift. And her birthday was coming up after all if he remembered correctly.

His brow furrowed slightly as she mentioned life being too short. He was used to hearing life being too short for other things, but never specifically awkward that he could remember. K'dar took another sip of his drink. "I mean... awkward things will still happen, I can't make things not awkward. Well unless it's me acting awkwardly. Or me feeling awkward about things." Maybe that was it though. He took another sip as he mulled it over a bit more. "I don't know if I could teach myself to not feel awkward about some things, but I suppose it doesn't really help to just avoid doing the things I want to do because of it." Like talk to his brother.

He was fairly sure that was roughly what everyone had been telling him so far, but maybe it was just something about Lassalla's words or maybe the drink, or maybe just that finally enough people had said so that it was starting to stick. Either way, K'dar at least resigned himself to try and talk to Zory the next time he was in Ista, and to try and make that visit soon.

Lassalla's comment that she was sure he'd figure it out made him snort. With a shake of his head and a soft laugh he replied, "I'm glad you think so at least." Spiced rum would also be easy enough to get. If he couldn't find it in a Weyr he was sure that Yfris would know where he could get some. He didn't so much as return the shoulder nudge as he let himself lean against her a bit more comfortably. "I'll find a nice bottle of spiced rum for you. I may not be the best drinker, but I have a friend who is much more familiar to make sure I don't accidentally get swill."

For a split second he thought that the question about his family was about Zory, that somehow she knew, but there was nothing in her tone to indicate as such, just general curiosity. "Oh, they're fine from what I can see. Cazan and T'ryn have been relaxing a bit more, though they still think the twins are too young to go fishing yet." He didn't care that they were right about it, he was still going to pout impatiently. "I'm sure A'tay feels a bit strange about Xyxyth catching Malvayth, but he's been handling it decently. He and Xy keep visiting to check on Mal and how she's doing. The other siblings outside of Telgar are doing well too from what I've heard. I'm hoping they impress soon. I know they have plenty of time, but I think I might be able to get some more nieces and nephews out of them after they get a dragon rather than before. How about your family? Everyone doing well?"

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)