World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.02.14 | Best Way to Celebrate
7pm | F'drel

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
N’lis woke with a groan. He felt hungover but didn’t remember drinking much, or anything in fact. True that was a side effect of drinking too much but he truly believed he hadn’t had anything. He mentally assessed himself and found that other than exhaustion and feeling a bit lightheaded, he didn’t think he suffered from any other well-known symptoms of a hangover. Maybe recalling what he did to lead up to that moment in time would help. If he could think as that seemed to be a bit of a challenge.

But slowly his mind started down the foggy path that cleared with each step until he recalled his graduation from weyrlinghood. It had been a special moment, almost as amazing as Impressing! It was an accomplishment he had always hoped for but didn’t believe he’d ever achieve but there he was with his dragon, becoming a full-fledged dragonrider. The event had taken place early afternoon with the celebration party later that evening. There had been some downtime between the two and he had surprised himself by chatting with a few classmates when the cry came.

Right, the cry of a Flight. He remembered that now and how one of his fellow blueriders laughed and joked that winning a Flight on top of graduating would be the best way to celebrate and start their career off right. N’lis hadn’t agreed but stayed quiet like he often did until Dalsuth piped up with his own interest. Oh no.

With that horrifying thought. N’lis finally opened his eyes and spotted a room he didn’t recognise. Where was he? Edath’s weyr. He said it’s fine and that it happens a lot. Edath… N’lis scrunched his nose in thought and finally placed R’dal as the rider. He was nice but it still felt rude to be in his bed with… was it someone else? Maybe he had lost with R’dal though Dalsuth’s words didn’t lend to that thought and his dragon was far too happy and mellow for a loss.

He would have to face the truth soon enough and N’lis sat up, perhaps a bit too quickly as the room swam around him. And then his eyes focused and he saw the man beside him. “Ah crap!” he shouted on a whispered hiss before losing his balance. He had meant to scramble from the bed but instead fell out of it, landing in a heap with a moan. He sat up enough to cautiously peek over the top to verify it was indeed F’drel he saw lying there and groaned as he shut his eyes and rested his head against the bed.

He remembered from the few classes on Flights that it was considered rude to bolt out the door afterwards but that was all N’lis wanted to do. How was he supposed to face his friend after they had had sex thanks to their dragons? He also knew that was perfectly normal, again thanks to the classes, but despite the various guest speakers, none really touched upon the dynamics that resembled his friendship with F’drel or his own introverted personality.

He opened his eyes and glanced up. Yup, F’drel was still there.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
As soon as he’d learned that the graduation for Malvayth’s first clutch overlapped with the usual window for Miri’s first Flight of the year, F’drel knew exactly what day she’d Fly. He’d spent the day trying to tire her out with running errands, and other than eating breakfast with R’dal and briefly congratulating N’lis on his graduation, they’d spent most of the day out of the Weyr. And yet, despite his best efforts, the inevitable conclusion of the day was confirmed when he woke up to the sound of someone falling out of a bed.

F’drel sighed internally and slowly rolled over so he could see which poor freshly-graduated dragonrider he’d have to—

He blinked his eyes open to N’lis.

Yeah, he really should have expected this one. Miri adored Dalsuth—as much as she adored any of her blues, and even more than some— and adored N’lis, so it was about inevitable that she’d be caught by Dalsuth at some point. F’drel would have preferred it hadn’t been on their graduation but he should have known better.

F’drel carefully suppressed another sigh, pulling the blankets around him—at least R’dal’s bed was a known quantity—as he sat up.

“You okay?” He hadn’t seen how N’lis had landed, and a head injury would needlessly complicate things.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“’m fine,” he mumbled since his mouth was rather close to the bed thanks to the way he had been peeking over the top. He was currently envious of the sheet F’drel covered himself in, though. N’lis wanted something as well, feeling far too exposed but also realising that R’dal either didn’t keep rugs on the ground near his bed or it had been pushed askew during the, uh, earlier commotion and his bum was starting to feel the chill.

Mostly though, it was the being on full display to F’drel. The greenrider had stayed with him regularly after the mauling but F’drel had only seen the bandages and never the scarring that remained. Indivara had scared him enough with her horror stories that N’lis followed every direction from the healers but the gashes had been so deep, that scarring was always going to happen. Thy just happened to heal neatly with some even being on the fainter side. Even in his horrified state over what had transpired, N’lis still knew F’drel would never judge him or take pity but it was too hard to shrug and stand up like nothing was amiss.

Perhaps if he only had one of the horrors to work with instead of two. Since he didn’t, N’lis slowly reached a hand up and onto the bed until he found the pillow that he recalled being delightfully plump and comfortable. Did R’dal overstuff his pillows? N’lis pondered that as he sat back and settled it nicely into his lap so it covered his torso and some of this thighs thanks to the way he was sitting. His eyes went large as he realised what he had just done to the man’s pillow and then glanced at the bed as well. He was going to have to do a lot of laundry and maybe buy R’dal a new pillow or even sheets as an apology.

“I’m sorry Dalsuth gave chase,” N’lis didn’t think his sweet boy was ready yet but of course he had to be proven wrong and really, he should have expected it. Dalsuth was the social one between them and he adored Halomirth. N’lis sighed and ran a hand through his hair, giving his scalp a light massage as he went. “I’m sorry if I wasn’t your… preferred partner and I hope I didn’t hurt you.” Remembering the Flight made him nauseated as they were a blur of bouncing between his vision and Dalsuth’s but he was kind of glad for that as well. He wasn’t sure he wanted to have a clearer picture of the bits he did remember after the win.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“That’s good, then.” F’drel pointedly kept his gaze a little up and to the side while N’lis dragged a pillow down to the floor with him. He hoped it gave N’lis at least the illusion of privacy, even though from his current position F’drel could barely see all of N’lis’ face, let alone anything else. Still, he didn’t want to make N’lis any more uncomfortable than the situation already was.

“You don’t have to apologize for anything,” F’drel said. He subtly pushed one of the blankets towards the edge of the bed in case N’lis wanted more to cover himself with. “The dragons do what they want.” At least most dragons seemed inclined to treat Halomirth gently; F’drel had yet to end a Flight with notable injuries. The usual ache of unplanned sex and the ocassional minor bruise or strain from whacking something against a desk or a wall or general soreness from fucking on bare stone floor. Dalsuth and N’lis were gentle even by that standard, though F’drel wasn’t sure N’lis wanted or needed to hear that at the moment.

“If anything, I should apologize to you.” F’drel sighed. “I knew Miri was flying soon and gets excited about graduations, I should have taken her to another Weyr.” F’drel had hoped tiring her out would be enough because she’d been so excited about the weyrlings graduating and F’drel hated to tell her she couldn’t be there to celebrate with them. Even when he knew her version of ‘celebrate’ included aerial acrobatics with the newly adult dragons.

“If you want to head down to celebrate with your classmates, you don’t have to worry about me or the weyr. This happens—well, often enough. R’dal and I have a system. On the other hand,” F’drel shifted a little to double check there wasn’t any surprise pain anywhere and he hadn’t lied to N’lis. “I’m not sure you want to go face any of them after winning a Flight, in which case you’re welcome to hide here as long as you want. Or escape to your own weyr, but I don’t think Miri will let Dalsuth out of snuggling for at least an hour and it’s a bit of a ways through the halls to your place, so… we can talk, or I can leave you be, or…whatever you want.”

Despite having dealt with similarly awkward post-Flight situations before, F’drel never found it to be any easier the next time. Each one was uniquely a mess in unpredictable ways, and N’lis being N’lis made it both deeply awkward and something F’drel was terrified of fucking up.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Dragons did what they wanted. He knew that, accepted that, but it was still hard to come to grips with the first time it happened. He should have known his sweet yet extremely social dragon would be into Chasing as soon as he could but N'lis still thought he would have months to go. Maybe it was his own fault. He'd finally had sex with M'quel a few weeks ago so Dalsuth may have enjoyed that and thought it permission to give it a go himself. At least it was F'drel, a man that was, as always, being kind and understanding.

"Don't apologize and don't wish you did things differently. Dalsuth and I were so happy to have you there." F'drel had become like a big brother to him, which was awkward to think about in the current situation, but to have him at the graduation added to the moment. His mom, sister, M'quel, and R'nya had all been present as well and the day was perfect. Thankfully his mom and her husband had opted not to stay for the evening celebration so he at least avoided that level of embarrassment with her missing the Flight.

N'lis winced at the thought of the party and F'drel mentioning it as well. M'quel had mentioned being excited to dance with him and it was something he looked forward to but now he wasn't sure he wanted to see anyone. As he weighed the pros and cons of each offer F'drel gave him, N'lis reached for and tugged the blanket down so he could wrap it around his shoulders.

"I think I'll stay here a little longer if that's okay with you and R'dal. M'quel and I had plans for the celebration but I think she'd be okay with me showing up late." A smile had appeared at mentioning his girlfriend but it quickly vanished at the next thought, "will people talk more if they think we're still together?" He knew people loved to gossip and that a lot of the winners liked going for 'seconds' or 'dessert'.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“You’re welcome here as long as you want,” F’drel said, reaching out to ruffle N’lis’ hair. He moved slowly enough that N’lis could move out of the way if he wanted, but was quietly relieved when he didn’t.

“You know how many gossips there are in Weyrs.” F’drel sighed. “People who want to gossip will, unfortunately, gossip no matter if you leave immediately or if you stay all night. You can try to pick which gossip you prefer, but I’ve found most people forget most green Flights won by blues within a day or two.” There were so many greens, and they flew often enough that even if the most recent Flight dominated the gossip it would only be a matter of days, if that, before another green Flew and the focus of the gossip moved. A blue catching a green was hardly worth commenting on, most days, unless everyone was desperate or the people involved were notable (F’drel found, thank fuck, that he wasn’t usually considered notable). A bronze catching a green may get more notice, though not a lot. F’drel had gotten a few comments after Syrendryth caught Miri, but not for long. A brown catching a gold was far more gossip worthy, and people were still talking about the time a blue caught Thallyath—at least when they weren’t pretending that the whole debacle had never happened at all.

F’drel neatened N’lis’ messy hair as he thought, brushing it with his fingers into a semblance of presentable. “As long as M’quel doesn’t publicly confront either of us about it, you should be fine. Since I somehow doubt she will, I wouldn’t be too concerned. If she is upset, let me know and I’ll talk to her, but…” He trailed off with a shrug. M’quel was a weyrbrat and F’drel never got the impression she would be bothered about Flights. Even so, if N’lis needed F’drel to smooth things over with his girlfriend, F’drel would. “If you don’t make a big deal of it, most people will follow your lead.”

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

N’lis scrunched up his nose at the ruffling of his hair but smiled at the action. He appreciated the familiar gesture that made things seem normal despite their state of undress and how he was still hiding on the floor. But it helped in reminding him it was F’drel and anything would only end up weird if he himself made it weird. The greenrider was sturdy and chill and wouldn’t let their Flight faze him so N’lis strived for the same thing. He reminded himself that there would be plenty more Flights to come and getting the first so-called win out of the way with someone he knew and trusted, was nice. There wasn’t any judgement and F’drel would gently guide him into whatever else he needed to know or do that his lessons hadn’t prepared him for or that he simply forgot in his spiral of panicking.

Like how to deal with the gossip. N’lis knew it to be true, that staying or leaving would have tongues wagging but he would just have to put up with a few direct comments or congratulations before everyone moved on to the next big thing. How did F’drel do it? His friend had been caught up in some memorable moments but never seemed bothered by it. Maybe he’d ask before leaving, convinced he would need a pep talk of sorts to help get him on his way again.

“Nah, Madi will be fine with it. She probably cheered when Dalsuth went for the catch,” N’lis gave another little smile and shook his head. M’quel was something special. Unbelievably kind and accepting to most everything as a whole but given she was a weyrbrat, he knew she understood dragons were in charge during a Flight. He honestly expected a little playful teasing about it because he had a theory that she liked seeing him blush before they went off to dance.

“I won’t stay too long. You said you and R’dal have a routine and I don’t want to mess with it. He can come back any time as well. I feel bad if he’s been giving us space but waiting to return.” R’dal seemed extremely outgoing and the type to enjoy a party so there was a chance the bluerider was celebrating with everyone else but N’lis wanted to give F’drel a break from him if he needed it and visit with R’dal.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel nodded in acknowledgement, hoping N’lis’ assessment of M’quel’s probable reaction was correct. He’d heard a lot about M’quel over the turns from N’lis and A’tay, but he still hadn’t interacted with her too much himself. It made him hesitant to trust their assessments sometimes, considering how they both felt about her, but he had little data of his own to draw upon to confirm their beliefs, so F’drel stayed perpetually suspicious just in case. Not that he’d ever tell either of them any of it unless it became absolutely necessary, especially not N’lis since he was now dating her.

“The routine is little more than cleaning up,” F’drel said. “You being here doesn’t interfere with that.” F’drel might not invite N’lis to the bath portion of the routine—that might be a bit more than either of them was fully comfortable with—but that was at the end and could be put off until N’lis left easily enough. As long as there was some sort of organizing to do F’drel could shove aside the desire to bathe—it didn’t hurt that N’lis had won, which meant F’drel didn’t feel the same urgent need to scrub a stranger off of him.

He gently prodded Halomirth and had her pass on the message to Edath, to pass on to R’dal. A few moments later she relayed his response.

“R’dal will be here shortly,” he said to N’lis, then settled back down on the bed. “I’m just going to lie here for a bit, I don’t want to move yet. You’re welcome to lie on the bed too, though know that R’dal will most likely want to crawl in for cuddles when he gets here.” Most people knew this was a strong possibility when R’dal was around, but F’drel gave the reminder anyway. N’lis made a sound of acknowledgement, and F’drel heard a shuffling as N’lis gathered and put on some of his clothing, then the creak of the bed as N’lis climbed in, now sufficiently clothed for his comfort. F’drel let N’lis choose how much personal space he wanted, and relaxed into the bed to wait for R’dal to show up.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)