World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.01.19 | D'hys' New Norm
7pm | M'quel

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
His little princess had come knocking earlier with a scowl on her face and vibrating with frustration. This wasn’t anything too out of the ordinary as M’quel had taken to visiting him to chat about her day, get advice, or have intimate relations. But she usually called ahead, knowing how busy he was, and this time had seen her pounding down his door unannounced. D’hys had taken one long look at her and had Zeianth send out word he was occupied for the remainder of the evening as he whisked her inside.

He hadn’t asked what was wrong, only guided her to the bedroom with the usual promise he’d make her let go of everything for a while and gave her permission to not think as he did that for her. M’quel was an interesting partner in that regard. She liked being told what she wanted or needed in the moment but wasn’t one to go all in on being ordered around. It was a balance D’hys easily found and gave.

He had worked her over multiple times that evening and as was a part of their time together, even allowed the cuddling afterward. They never did anything extreme that required such aftercare but M’quel was a romantic and D’hys had R’nya, Rhaedalyn, and Jajojin to keep on the good side of. If holding his princess after sex helped with that, he could continue doing that.

He’d also feed her when meals were missed due to being otherwise occupied. Zeianth had confirmed it was past serving time but D’hys almost always had a stew or soup simmering on his kitchen fire and that night was no exception. M’quel was left to dress at her leisure while he went to the kitchen to serve up two bowls and pull out the loaf of bread he had made a few days earlier. By the time his visitor emerged, D’hys had set the table with everything along with water to drink.

“Did something happen at the infirmary today?” D’hys asked as they sat down. He was all too aware that M’quel’s studies led her to more hands on learning in the Weyr’s infirmary thanks to her countless retellings of the day’s events when she popped by. However, he was under the impression that it was going well given how bright and dedicated she was. Given the lack of keening, was there a non-rider death? An injured friend? Maybe M’quel simply didn’t do something perfectly and was chided. That made sense given the high standards she held herself to and why D’hys encouraged her to give in to that desire to let him do all the thinking during sex.

Please don’t let it be more teenage drama with one of her boyfriends.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
M’quel dressed quietly, having cleaned up, and finger brushed her hair, attempting to make it less of a wild mess. It was mostly a wasted effort, and M’quel knew she’d be heading for the bathtub once she left anyway, but she liked to look at least partially put together before she left. Thoughts of baths were put on the wayside, however, when she caught the scent of stew and her mouth watered. Smiling appreciatively, M’quel left the bedroom to join D’hys in the living area.

“Why does your cooking always smell so good?” It always tasted good, too. M’quel took her seat, and dipped the spoon into the bowl; she paused when he asked her if something had happened at the Infirmary, and her earlier irritation and frustration rose up in her once more, causing her jaw to clamp. “Yes,” she said, her tone full of irritation and disgust. She stabbed her spoon into the bowl, irritated. “One of the younger riders came in. A bronze. He had gotten burned somehow. Refused to let me look at it because I’m a girl and a green rider.” She huffed, glaring down at her bowl.

Taking in a deep breath, she lifted the spoon and finally took a mouthful of the stuff, her features lightening slightly because it was delicious. It didn’t wash away all of her irritation, though, and she puffed out a long sigh through her nose. “Why do people have to be so obnoxious?” She asked, not really expecting an answer; she knew the world was sexist and colourist, and she’d been at the butt of it before, but it had really struck a nerve when she was trying to do her job in the infirmary. The fact that someone would rather sit there in pain than to let her work her knowledge and help them.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

His food smelled good because it tasted good and that was because he knew how to use the right amount of spices and not overcook the meat. He wasn’t truly insulting the kitchen workers down in the dining cavern as he had a suspicion that cooking on a large scale as they did would be a hassle for controlling such things. Still, he was vain and gave only a small smirk at the compliment and was thankful that M’quel didn’t ask to be taught his secret ways. He was proud of cooking, having learned the skill from his mother and while he liked keeping her memory alive, D’hys also wasn’t a fan of teaching others in the kitchen. He repressed a shudder at the memory of B’jin trying to bake a cake and how close he’d come to strangling the greenrider.

M’quel’s reaction to his question earned one brow raising but he stayed silent as he ate some stew. It had to be serious if she could rile herself back up that quickly. But when the answer came, D’hys had to work hard not to sigh or roll his eyes. That was all? M’quel was a girl and a greenrider so it wasn’t like the bronzerider pointed out anything new but D’hys knew it was the tone and reasoning it was brought up that was the real issue. As a bluerider, he’d received some of that in his youth, especially given his father was a brownrider and everyone expected him to Impress brown as well.

But where to begin dissecting the current issue? “He does realise he’s at Fort Weyr and most of those trained in healing now are women, right?” It was a rhetorical question before taking another bite and then setting down his spoon. “Give me his name and I’ll have him sent to Telgar Weyr by the end of the week and he won’t have to worry about burns when he’s freezing his ass off.” M’quel could take it as a joke or a serious offer if she wanted to but D’hys would find out the kid’s name regardless and decide if he was the right fit for Fort.

“But he does bring up a point that is a lesson all greenriders and blueriders have to learn eventually. There will always be someone above us, Princess, and some of them will try to use us, destroy us, or simply look down on us. We don’t have to let that happen. We can fight back—with fists if that’s what you want and I’ll teach you to fight if you desire it, but words are just as effective.” D’hys grabbed a slice of bread and dipped it into his bowl, eating it in silence as he watched M’quel as his words sank in. If she only wanted to vent, he’d let her. If she was interested in fighting back in one way or another, he’d give her some valuable lessons. She already had more than enough tools in place to fight easily with words but needed the guidance to use them.

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

M’quel rolled her eyes dramatically at the question, and puffed out a snort. “Apparently not.” She said, still irritated. The idiot had been left waiting for a male healer who wasn’t a greenrider which had meant he’d been waiting a long while, all the time loudly proclaiming his need to be seen now. M’quel knew she wasn’t the only one who had been angry by the elitist attitude, and she felt only slightly guilty by taking pride in her fellow healers banding together to apologise with just a small bit of smugness that the higher-ranking healers were busy elsewhere.

Eating quietly, M’quel’s nose scrunched up at D’hys’ explanation, and she put her spoon down with a gentle plonk, lifting her gaze to meet his. “Maybe it would be different if I had ever wanted to be a dragonrider to start with, but I never wanted to be one; I didn’t imagine what it would be like to be a rider like most of my friends did. I wouldn’t give up Zee for the world, but that doesn’t change the fact that I never went through candidacy, or a typical Weyrlinghood.” She gave a wry smile, eyes distant at the thought of when she had Impressed the more than half dead dragonet.

Her gaze refocused and she frowned. “But I’m a good healer, and being told to shove off because of my dragon’s hide, and because I’m female is so insulting!” Despite her anger at the injustice of it all, M’quel was too sweet to wish the young bronzerider misery. She couldn’t even wish misery on him through his dragon failing to win a Flight, because that wasn’t fair to the dragon. M’quel picked up her spoon and ate some more soup, eyebrows knit together in irritation. “I’m not sure I’d make much of a fighter,” she said, looking up with a small smile. “I’m a healer… and I’m not very good at coming back with something quippy.”.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Ah, right. He had heard that M’quel had never had dreams of Impressing like nearly every other weyrbrat to ever exist. To be fair to her way of thinking, she was female and they had a lower success chance given they only had golds and a handful of greens and even less blues that would consider them. Top it off with her father losing his dragon while she was still rather young and that would likely create the perfect recipe for avoiding a dragon of her own. However, all that said, “your atypical Weyrlinghood is exactly why you’re so strong as a rider and a Healer. You have a strong bond with your dragon created out of love and determination to survive and that has also made you more in tune with the needs of your patients.”

D’hys took a moment to study M’quel, nodding in agreement that she wouldn’t be the best at fighting—which also meant no one else would expect it when she did throw a punch. Perhaps he’d still show her how to make a proper fist, putting her weight into a swing, and where the best places for her to strike would be anyway. It never hurt to have that as something to fall back on. As to her being quippy…

“You don’t have to have a snappy comeback every time. I’m thinking more along the lines of using the names of those you know. You have an arsenal of people close to you that will make people reconsider messing with you. You just need to make those connections known a bit more.” He pointed out R’nya, Rhaedalyn, T’ryn, A’tay, her dad, and even himself as people most wouldn’t consider angering. Yes, he agreed using the shiny hides to help her out wasn’t the best tactic but if a colourist was harassing her, then use colours back against them.

“For example, what do you say when someone says you're just a girl? You say, so is Weyrwoman Rhaedalyn and I'll let her know of your reminder over dinner tonight. The fact that you're just a greenrider? Say that the bronzeriders A'tay and T'ryn don't seem to mind. T'ryn is especially good to use as his dragon is mated to Telgar's Weyrwoman and there’s a lot of talk of him leading a wing when they start soon. Use your connections, Princess.”

M'quel
of Green Zezeth

Date of Birth
20.07.724 AL, 20
Height
5'6
Eyes
Green
Build
Lithe
Hair
Brown

Threads

M’quel blushed lightly at the compliment about her Weyrlinghood and how it impacted her, and her skillset. She thought D’hys was right (he often was) but it was nice to hear someone say it that she knew wouldn’t really lie to her. Not about that type of thing, and probably not about anything, really. She had a feeling he’d be gentler with her than the average person, but he wouldn’t lie to her unless it benefited her, and wouldn’t get him in trouble with her Papa.

M'quel lowered her spoon, and studied D’hys thoughtfully as he spoke, pursing her lips. She felt that using her connections was kind of… dirty. Those people he named loved her, and she knew they would want to protect her, but it still seemed low to use their names without their knowing, to just toss it out like she was mightier than thou because she had friends in high places. Even though that was how she felt, M’quel had a feeling that D’hys was right, and her friends would happily hand over their names for her to use in times of need. Well, maybe not A’tay and T’ryn. Not because they wouldn’t like to help her, but because they were both so bashful about their ranks.

All of her thoughts on it was put aside, however, as she grabbed onto something else D’hys had said, her eyes brightening with eagerness. “Wings are starting soon?” She asked, forgetting about her soup as she vibrated in her seat, thrilled at the idea. It didn’t occur to her – in that moment – that Zezeth would likely be too fragile to join a Wing herself, but she knew that Wings meant practices, and games, and learning to fight Thread which she was sure would be on the horizon. It also meant injuries like strained wings, that would require healing and while M’quel wasn’t training to be a dragon healer, she knew she’d still be on call for such things.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

M’quel didn’t need to say anything for D’hys to know how she felt about his advice. He knew before he had even suggested using her loved ones as weapons but it was something she needed to hear all the same and to consider. It was a rough world for greenriders in general but add in she was female and kind and M’quel was a good target. He would have to work with her on getting over whatever issues she had with it—likely something to do with that kindness of hers. If nothing else, he would drill home the fact that his name carried enough weight within Fort to make most back off or come find him for their own exchange.

He chuckled at her sudden shift in emotions and interest latching onto the mention of wings. “It’s my understanding the Weyrleaders are finally starting to organize once more. Some wingleaders have been decided upon but not announced while others are still being looked into.” He was confident in his information thanks to which minions it came from in each Weyr. It was also how he knew T’ryn was being considered. The bronzerider was still young but had also Impressed young, giving him years forming a strong bond with his dragon and working together. He was also popular and respected and dependable. D’hys mentioned all of this to M’quel, giving her the information as a fun secret to keep from her friend but also to show his trust in her and to keep her returning to him with news of her own—whether she knew she was doing that or not.

“In Katila, I was R’nya’s second but I doubt that will happen now. We have more riders now and they’re likely to stick with bronzeriders for the positions.” He didn’t say it, but it was clear this was another blow to their lower ranks. D’hys had the discipline and experience to help lead the lazy riders and whip them back into shape and help keep their hotheads cooled off. But he also never wanted to be a leader. It would be for the best that he didn’t get a rank, he knew that, but still bristled somewhat after all the years of R’nya’s trust in him.

“Do you want to be a wing, Princess? Dragonhealer or not, I would have thought you would want to stay on the ground and tend to any injuries.” It was the truth but he also wasn’t sure if Zezeth and her clutchmates would be allowed to join in the battles against Thread.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)