World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.07.05 | Naturally Suspicious
7pm | Gangleri

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ulliendis had planned on spending the rest of the day collecting pity for the injury he received on the Sands and ending the night in someone’s comfortable bed. But before he could leave the Hatching Grounds, he spotted a face he hadn’t seen in a while and frowned at it. Why was Gangleri at the Weyr? And who was he with? Ulliendis didn’t recognise the pretty woman his old teacher had linked arms with but a lot could change in the time he’d been away.

But that mystery was secondary yet also in the way of finding out why Gangleri was around. Ulliendis did his best to linger without looking too obvious as he chatted up others and played up his injury that really didn’t bother him until it seemed clear Gangleri would stay for all of the festivities but his wife wouldn’t linger beyond the dinner that was being prepared as they spoke. Perfect. That gave him time to freshen up and pounce later on.

After the dinner and when the drink truly started flowing and the music picked up, Ulliendis surveyed the crowd. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits and it showed just how important Hatchings were when times were normal and more so with the deaths. People needed reasons to celebrate and lose themselves in happiness for a while. He could get behind that and tossed back the rest of his wine in a silent salute to it.

It also made people less aware of their surroundings and Ulliendis took advantage of that to approach Gangleri when the Harper was alone and conveniently tucked off to the side of everything. “What are you doing here? Did the Hall send you?” Couldn’t they leave him alone?

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Gangleri still hadn't gotten over the immense kick he got from introducing people to Quil as his wife. Why yes, this powerful dark sorceress queen was his wife, thank you, he knew he was incredibly lucky to have convinced her to marry him and enrich his life with her presence. And yes, of course she was a much better wife than yours. Not that Gangleri ever said such things directly, but he was sure the point got across. It was his right as a Harper after all, in fact part of his job sometimes, to act so terribly smug about things. He always reigned it in when she gave him that look though, the one that very plainly said that was quite enough. As much as he enjoyed the show, he did also genuinely adore the woman and didn't want to grate on her nerves too much.

That was why he had not objected to her skipping out on the party, even though it would surely mean his demise if the young ladies couldn't keep their hands off of him. He'd probably be fine though, K'dar would be back after dropping her off and his presence would probably be enough to keep at least Mylorah in check. He hoped.

He had secured a glass of wine for himself and was sipping it as he watched the dancers when a familiar face approached him and he raised an eyebrow. "Ullie?" What was he doing here? Gangleri had heard that his former student left the Hall a year ago, spent time lazing about his house with Geric, and then... where had his younger brother said Ullie had gone after that? Ah yes, to Fort Weyr. If Ulliendis had gone to the Weyr to become a candidate that would certainly explain why he was here, but then why was he asking about the Hall? Unless this was a deep cover assignment.

Gangleri studied the young man for a moment, taking another sip of his wine before asking, "Should the Hall have sent me? I was just here to support a friend."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

"A friend? Uh-huh," Ulliendis didn't believe that. Why would an old Harper be at a Hatching to support a friend? As far as he was aware, no one with Harper training had been Searched recently and if Gangleri really wanted to support that friend, he would have attended the several that had taken place already that year. It was far too suspicious, especially since he was currently standing alone at a party instead of with said friend.

Maybe he was the friend that needed support?

Ulliendis eyed Gangleri for a long moment, studying the Harper and trying to see if he was subtly relaying some sort of message he should know about. Nothing about this made sense. Gangleri was just a simple performer now anyway, so why send him? It wasn't like you were able to continuously hop around each branch, learning everything. You picked a path and stayed on it. Still, he had to ask.

"Are you back? And that so-called wife of yours?" Gangleri had wandered off via horse before he had left the Hall. Something about his wife's death and needing to find himself if he recalled correctly. He surprisingly hadn't been paying much attention to the drama surrounding older Harpers at the time as he struggled through books he was told to study while preparing for an event he was to attend. But now Gangleri was back and had a new wife?

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

What in the world was Ulliendis up to? It was clearly something since he was giving Gangleri a look. He blinked, tilting his head curiously. Clearly Ullie thought something was up, and for some reason didn't believe him. Though that still didn't bring any clarity to the situation. It was possible that the runaway Harper had people in the Hall pestering him and trying to get him to come back, but it was just as possible that the runaway was a cover and he was being pestered for updates.

If Ulliendis was still working just in a more subtle capacity, then Gangleri didn't want to interfere. But then if he was on the run then he should probably just reassure the lad that everything was fine, he really was just there for a friend. And then Ullie had to bring up Quil and the decision was made for him. Gangleri had to fuck with the kid now. His lip twitched into a smile and he glanced around before leaning in and saying, "Come on, Ullie, you're better than this. I used to be able to tell people you were one of my brighter pupils."

He rolled his eyes a little and shook his head before casually looping an arm around the younger man's shoulders and steering him even further away from the party towards more seclusion. "I'm honestly surprised it took you this long to make contact, though I will say it was nice to be able to enjoy dinner and the party a bit more. There have been a few whispers as of late, inquiries. You're being sloppy, Ullie, you were taught better than that. Try to keep things a bit more subtle."

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

"Yeah, well, you were always a good liar," Ulliendis replied as he followed along; not that he had much choice with the arm around his shoulders and risking a scene if he pulled away. But Gangleri believed he had been a good student? He hated studying and bullshitted his way through most things, but he supposed the latter was a good trait for info-gathering in places you aren't supposed to be.

When they reached a bit further away from the crowd, Ulliendis finally shrugged out of his old teacher's grasp so he could turn and glare at him. "I had no reason to make contact with you and I am certainly not sloppy." Unless he wanted to be. Being a sloppy drunk was fun and made it easier to listen in or slink off to places because no one took him seriously. Actually, sloppy and ridiculous were how he went through life in general which was why the Master Harper had liked him for being a spy. But accidentally sloppy in his work? Hardly.

"I'm just trying to figure out why some old guy is hanging around kids. Don't think I haven't noticed the way Mylorah has been looking your way since she got off the Sands earlier." Was that the friend Gangleri was here for? He had no idea how they would have met without the Harper being sent on a mission of his own but Ulliendis still didn't believe that.

But the biggest issue was the inquiries. Was the Hall starting to ask after him? Did they want to bring him back? Did they not trust him anymore? What had changed recently that would draw their attention and send a Harper that he had some personal connection with? Ulliendis was surprised they didn't send Geric as a completely random go-between that wouldn't be too suspicious.

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Somehow Gangleri managed to not twitch too much when the younger Harper said Mylorah's name. He nearly dropped the entire game to insist that he wasn't some terrible lecherous old man who only came to Weyrs to indulge in a vice for young woman. A vice which Gangleri most certainly did not have! Elsewise he could have just indulged any young thing that tried to catch his eye and taken them for quite the jaunt.

Still, he wasn't here to let Ullie get a rise out of him, he was the one getting rises today. "What can I say, I've always been popular with the ladies. She is certainly not the first one to have her eye on me, and I'm sure she won't be the last. Perhaps if you were a better student you'd know what that feels like. And I could tell you any number of reasons for why I'm here, but if you can't figure it out for yourself then why should I bother providing you with more?"

Gangleri smirked, shaking his head. "No, I suppose if you really can't solve even that little question I may as well just head back to the Hall once the party is concluded. They'll probably want to hear from me sooner rather than later, you know how impatient they can get." Was he being an enormous ass at the moment? Yes, he most definitely was. But was it entertaining? Oh yes. He'd just have to get Ulliendis a drink to make up for it later on. And perhaps do a few more favors to avoid any real grudges depending on how irate the younger Harper was.

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

Ulliendis was starting to get seriously pissed at the older Harper. Being a better student had nothing to do with how many ladies looked his way. He wasn’t lacking in female or male lovers since coming to the Weyrs and even in the Hall he had a few lovers. But that wasn’t the defining characteristic of a Harper no matter what the world seemed to think of the craft. He was so disgusted with Gangleri for trying for such a low blow that he couldn’t even dignify it with a response.

At Gangleri’s declaration that he’d have to return to the Hall and report back, Ulliendis barked out a laugh. “Oh yes. They will always want to hear from you given how you like to run off for months. The Master Harper is going to start leashing you soon if you’re not careful.”

Ulliendis took a step back from Gangleri and gave a shake of his head, mocking the old man’s feigned disappointment. He’d finally had enough of the game and being played; because that was most certainly what was happening. Gangleri was talking out of his ass, as usual, and had no clue about what was really going on with him and Ulliendis didn’t feel the need to correct him. “You’re still a pompous ass pretending to know everything except in this case you’re trying too hard and it’s finally come off as over the top and unbelievable. I can recommend a few classes for you to sit in on when you run back to your masters and explain how you almost ruined everything.”

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri's face twitched, and then his lips curled up into an amused smirk and then he couldn't help but let out a loud laugh as he was finally called on his bullshit. "Ah, Ullie, I'll have you know I've ruined plenty of things. Give yourself some time and I'm sure you'll ruin your share too. And I really am just here to support a friend so you don't have to worry about me pestering you or bringing anything back to the Hall aside from the usual gossip and possibly a few letters for other people. Really though, you should try to lighten up. Not everything is a conspiracy against you. Let me get you a drink."

He reached over to give the younger man a quick friendly slap to the arm before beckoning him to follow back to the party. "Oh, and I am actually quite fond of my wife. I would appreciate it if you did not include her in your attempts to annoy me. My previous wife, my horse, and my firelizard are still free game. Oh and I suppose Geric if you really wanted to. He's doing well, in case you were curious."

Though that still left the mystery of what Ulliendis was doing out here. He'd run off and become a candidate quite some time ago, before the string of murders had started.

Before the murders. Was it possible... no, Gangleri dismissed the thought. He didn't think Ulliendis was capable. Some of the murders had clearly required brute strength, and while Ulliendis was good at networking and eavesdropping he was less talented at working as a part of a team. Though it was entirely possible he'd learned and improved that skill since the last time Gangleri had seen him in the Hall. No, at best he thought the younger Harper might know something, but he probably wasn't involved. Unless it was part of a bigger assignment.

He'd have to wait until the young man was in a better mood if he wanted to try to get any honest information out of him. "So, aside from a drink provided by the party, what else can I do to try and get back into your relatively good graces again? Need me to deliver anything back to the Hall?"

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

That was one thing about Gangleri that was almost utterly reliable; the man was unflappable. Or, he came across that way. Ulliendis wasn’t a master at reading people though he thought he was damned good all the same and he couldn’t read minds like a dragon so he would never be able to say for certain. But Gangleri would smile and joke and let the anger of others just roll off his back. Like now. Damn him.

The anger fled out of him as he was chided and he rolled his eyes at the slap to the arm and beckoning, but he did follow like a good student—even if he wasn’t one anymore. “I’ve messed up plenty,” he grumbled under his breath but didn’t elaborate, “and it’s not a conspiracy if it’s true.” He had been trained not to trust easily and to always keep an eye over his shoulder so what did Gangleri expect? Ever since he packed up and left the Hall a year ago, it felt like he had more reason to be cautious, especially around certain people.

Ulliendis sighed and tried to shake himself out of the mood he had riled himself into. It was a party, he was fabulous, and he should be having a great time! Except it was still humid, his hair was still a nightmare, and one of the scratches from a hatchling’s tooth was itchy again. “Bring Geric with you next time. I miss him and I think he’d like to see a Weyr and how they’re constructed. I could give him a tour. The next Hatching is at Ista, by the way.” He hadn’t been there yet but he’d only need a couple of weeks to familiarize himself with the layout and snoop around thoroughly so he could give his friend a proper tour.

He accepted the drink and sipped it while glancing around the area, eyes finding a particular brunette with ease as she danced to a catchy tune. Ulliendis had decided that was the friend Gangleri was there for but even if he was wrong, the warning would still stand. “Be careful with Mylorah, Gangleri. She’s full of information as she knows everyone and loves to gossip but she’s a lot smarter, no, craftier than she appears.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)