World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 743.01.22 | Just Another Winter Day
Noontime | Kitchens - Open

Date of Birth
Height
5'6
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Petite yet retains feminine curves
Hair
Ash-blonde

Threads

Written By: azhefa.
Another bitter cold day. Great. Oh how she hates the cold and the winter season.

Myna once again considers moving to Ista Weyr and the warmth the southern island maintains. Oh how she wishes to be warm again!

The pale haired woman walks briskly across the bowl towards the Lower Caverns and heads for the kitchens. She had once again been neck deep in records and hadn't eaten at all since starting near midnight. It was just so hard to put them down once she started to read. She'd likely get a scolding if L'gan finds out. That man would ream her out for an hour if he knew she was neglecting herself again.

Once in the kitchens, she quickly scurries over to the warm stew simmering on the Nighthearth and quickly pours a heaping bowl as well as a mug of klah before settling at a nearby table and feasting on her first meal in twelve hours.

A flutter of wings and a chirp of annoyance comes from her left and she looks to see her rather peeved Firelizard. She had been sleeping among the piles of pages so Myna had left her behind and she wasn't thrilled about it.

"What? I had to eat and you were sleeping. You know you hate being awakened so I left you to sleep for a minute."

The lizard wasn't very satisfied with the explanation, but snorts anyway and settles on Myna's shoulder. The girl feeds the little beast bits of meat from her stew while also feeding herself spoonful after spoonful of the tasty food.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Orgailian entered the dining cavern, intent on a quick meal before he went back to being a social bastard, getting in some final visits before returning to Ista Weyr. Thanks to Ista not having any impending Hatchings, both Weyrs had allowed him to linger a while after attending Aradissicath’s most recent one. He supposed that was a decent enough consolation prize for not Impressing yet again since he had friends at Fort and could busy himself looking through their histories some more while enjoying a break from Ista’s heat with a change of view.

The goal was changed slightly as he spotted a somewhat familiar face focused on a firelizard and he grinned. After grabbing a bowl of stew, Orgailian sauntered over to the woman he knew was a fellow Candidate but he couldn’t say much else about her or even if they had interacted much in his past trips to Fort. Not everyone was memorable to him with first impressions if they weren’t feisty or someone he ended up in bed with.

“She finally emerges,” he announced himself with a light teasing tone and grin as the bowl was set on the table. He had a feeling she had no idea who he was and Orgailian explained as he settled in on the bench across the table from her. “I was in the library when you came in last night but left soon after that. You were still there when I came back in this morning,” he assumed anyway. There was a chance she didn’t sleep much and was an early riser but that didn’t fit as well with the scene he had returned to. He had watched her for several minutes without so much as a glance being thrown in his direction and finally Orgailian felt too much like a creeper and left without disturbing her.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
Height
5'6
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Petite yet retains feminine curves
Hair
Ash-blonde

Threads

Written By: azhefa.
It didn't take her very long to finish off her bowl of stew, especially with how starved she was as well as Leaf's constant demands for more. Myna gives a bit of a yawn as the little green takes up her usual place around her bond mate's neck and the girl realizes just how tired she was now that her belly was no longer screaming for attention. She scratches her firelizard's chin as the beast chitters softly in contentment at the action.

She was about to gather her finished meal items when a blonde man appears and takes a seat opposite her at the table, jokingly mentioning how late she had stayed at the records room. Myna was immediately shy and flounders with what to say, but as he gets up to leave she finally spits out her words.

"Oh, no, please sit! I'm sorry, I'm not very good at interactions straight out of a reading session, my mind is still adjusting to the real world," She quickly says, half leaning forward as if to rise. She didn't want to seem rude for not interacting in return.

"But yes, I didn't actually leave last night as I had gotten too deep into a scroll telling of some history regarding runner beasts. They are wonderful creatures and they have always interested me so it was hard to put it down once I started to read. I don't sleep very well so reading fills the time."

She gives a light shrug, careful not to disturb her firelizard, and a soft sound that could be a snort. "Perhaps too much time, as L'gan likes to say, he isn't overly fond of how little I sleep these days."

Myna sips from what's left of her klah and silently curses herself for speaking so much. It was hard to put a stop to the flood of words that comes when she's nervous and this handsome lad was making her quite nervous.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He could understand getting lost in the history of whatever had grabbed his attention at the time since he’d done that more than once but runner beasts? They were fascinating creatures—not as much as dragons, but still interesting all the same. He also wasn’t afraid or suspicious of them like some of his fellow Katila ‘brats. So maybe he should check out their history instead of relying only on what the northerners had told him about the beasts. “Assuming you’re done with it, maybe I’ll spend the evening checking it out.” He didn’t point out why he was interested as talking about Katila really wasn’t in his list of favourite things to do and if he came off as mocking her because of it, he didn’t care.

“You can tell L’gan some people do just fine on less sleep than others,” Orgailian said instead of explanations and ate some more stew. The greenrider may have been the Healer and probably knew more about such things but Orgailian’s personal experiences led him to believe five hours for some was like eight or nine for others. “But maybe he has some root to chew on or concoction to drink to help you sleep?” He knew Casa and Zelana were starting to experiment more with herbal remedies back at Ista but he had no idea if the Healers had something other than fellis to help knock someone out.

“I’m Orgailian, by the way,” he stated after a couple more bites. He still couldn’t remember if they had met before or not but couldn’t place her name either way. It wouldn’t be the first time he forgot someone if that were the case and he had to hold back the smile at the memory of the reaction he had created. Some people were quite good at being huffy as they point out they’d already met. Whoops.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)