World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.04.03 | Bittersweet Musings
~6pm, at one of the star stones

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair
Black, some grey/silver if you look close enough

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The sun had long ago tipped over its zenith, and was dipping down to meet the lip of the high Weyr wall, spilling golden light across the bowl and bathing the tiny clearing on the top of the wall in an orange glow. With a wave, she greeted the watch dragon not far along the rim, and the beast and rider returned the greeting with a wave and a warble. S’far would appreciate that she was still under some form of watch. The ancient star stones stood like sentinels, the closest one throwing a long shadow over Lassalla as she stood in her favorite place.

She breathed in the chill of the coming evening as it chased away the warm afternoon air. Spring was on the way, but Telgar’s winter wasn’t going without a fight. She smiled into the sunshine, letting it warm and soothe her. With a cynical laugh, she noticed a few more grey hairs catching that golden light, dancing among her dark waves around her shoulders. Well, recent events would certainly warrant those silver strands.

More goldriders across Pern dead.

As well as a few bronze. An unfortunate brown or two, and a blue, if she remembered correctly. So much had happened in the past month that she was having trouble keeping track of the death toll.

With a small, wry chuckle, Lassalla strolled over to the star stone, its monolithic form looming well above her. Around one side was a dip in the dirt, and she sat, he back sliding against the cool rock. “I don’t know what to do anymore.” She said, to nobody in particular. She huffed and shook her head, the wry smile not having left, as she pulled the bottle of rum from the satchel at her side. It was sealed , with paper and wax, and therefore more likely to be safe than any other beverages she might have. Also, any poison, she reasoned, would likely be killed by the alcohol, anyway.

He’s not here. the gold opened one big, whirling eye to look over at her rider a few dragonlengths away. Her tone was not unkind, though, as she gently probed Lassalla’s turbulent emotions. You know that.

“I know, miss.” Lasalla glanced around the space, where she and Kirolan had spent some of their most treasured, quiet moments. Her visits since his passing had become fewer and farther between, but she still liked to come up here when she wanted a quiet place to think, to be. She liked to think some part of him was still here, but anything that remained of his broken, distant form had gone between with his body those turns ago when he passed. She pulled a corkscrew from her satchel and opened up the rum, taking a long swig and enjoying the burn of the golden liquid on the way down. Her eyes slid shut, the waning sun warm on her face. “I know.”

A shadow crossed in front of her, blocking the warmth. Neryseth hadn’t offered any kind of warning, mental or otherwise, so it wasn’t anyone to worry about. Probably just a do-gooder checking in and making sure she was alright. Without even opening her eyes, she addressed whoever-it-was. “Any particular reason you’re in my sun?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Neryseth and her rider are up by the star stones. We should check on them. K'dar looked wearily up at his dragon for a moment, pondering the bronze's motives. You know S'far has been fretting over the golds. It would endear you to him more if you took some initiative. That part was a bit hard to argue with, and it would be good to do more than worry about T'ryn and Cazan and Casa.

It felt a bit selfish to worry more about his family than all of the other victims, but it wasn't as if he didn't care. There was the growing worry that there could be more deaths in the future, and he wasn't sure what that would mean for the weyrs if golds kept being targeted. His siblings being among the victims just made it all more personal. At least K'dar had been getting practice trying to mentally distance himself from things to get work done.

After checking on Tiberuth's straps, they made the short flight up, the bronze settling down just far enough away from the gold as to be polite. He offered her a friendly greeting as K'dar hopped off and made his way over to check on the woman. Her short and slightly annoyed sounding greeting made him chuckle softly as he moved to the side to make sure he was no longer blocking the warm light. "I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay, especially with all that's been going on. Do you come up here often?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
fit, but it’s clear she’s had children, as indicated by stretchmarks and some slight sagging in areas.
Hair

Threads

A small laugh broadened her smile somewhat as the figure moved and let the light on her face once more. “From time to time. Not as often as I used to.” She opened her eyes and lazily took in the figure in front of her, one of the young bronze riders.

K’dar, yes? She asked her gold. With all that had been happening, she was having trouble keeping track of who was still around…

K’dar of Tiberuth, correct. Neryseth confirmed the names for her. She nodded in thanks to both her dragon and to the young man.

“Kirolan and I used to come up here quite a bit for lazy evenings watching the sunset before he fell sick. It’s a pleasant enough place to sit and think.” She nodded toward the bowl below, then to the watch dragon. “Offers a decent view, and still keeps S’far pleased enough with recent happenings.”

She adjusted, pulling one leg up to rest an arm across her knee. “It’s very kind of you to come check on me. Thanks for that.” While there was a kindness in her tone, the mild annoyance at the need for such watching was still undoubtedly there.

Let him stay a while. You could use the company. The warm tone of her dragon compounded the warmth of the alcohol, and Lassalla chuckled again.

She gave the young man an appraising look before patting the ground beside her. “I don’t plan to leave anytime soon, so if you’re going to keep watch, you may as well join me.” She waited to see what he’d do before offering him the bottle, if he’d like a swig of the stuff, but knowing it might not be everyone’s idea of a pleasant beverage.

Feeling a sort of oddly bitter whimsy, she swept an arm out to encompass the Weyr, Pern, and the continent in general. “What do you make of all...” she trailed off, gesturing vaguely with a flip of the wrist. “...all of that? All of what’s going on?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Kirolan, the name was familiar though K'dar had to think a bit on it. Before he had discovered his own goals and started his apprenticeship he hadn't paid too much attention to the goldriders other than to make sure he knew who they were for Tiberuth's sake, but he remembered S'far mentioning that the woman had lost her mate in recent years. He wasn't exactly sure what to say really, he was sure all the recent deaths were not very kind reminders of old ones. Instead he turned his gaze to the bowl and nodded in agreement. "It is a nice view."

A good view, though there are some near High Reaches I personally like a little better, the bronze lazily added as he surveyed the bowl. K'dar ignored his dragon, sure Tiberuth would entertain himself chatting with the gold, and instead tilted his head back towards Lassalla. He caught that touch of annoyance, but it was understandable. "It was no trouble at all to stop by. And with everything going on..." he shrugged.

A quick glance at Tiberuth seemed to indicate that the dragon wasn't in any particular rush to leave, so K'dar sat down next to the woman, leaning back against the wall, arms propped up lazily on his knees. He eyed the offered bottle warily, he wasn't fond of alcohol, had only found one mixed drink he liked so far (a whiskey sour if he recalled), but accepted in an attempt to be polite. At least he was able to keep the grimace mostly off of his face as he took a small sip before passing it back. "Not sure it's quite for me, but thank you for sharing."

K'dar followed the sweep of her arm as he turned his gaze back out to the Weyr at large, giving the knuckle of his index finger a crack as he considered. "Well... if you don't mind the vulgarity I think it's a bit fucked. I almost want to think it's someone trying to clear space for a promotion, or for some sort of new idea they want to push but don't want existing leadership in the way of, but all of the goldriders... it doesn't make sense yet, and I worry that there will probably be more attacks."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

A small smirk tugged at the corner of her lips as she took back the bottle. “It’s not everyone’s favorite straight, but it’s pretty good with fruit juice.” She took another swig as K’dar considered her question.

His reply wasn’t what she anticipated, but then again, she wasn’t sure what she had been anticipating, anyway. She arched an elegant eyebrow at him. His theories were good, educated, and fairly close to what she had been thinking. He was an observant young man, to be sure, and not what she’d come to expect of the younger bronze riders she’d become acquainted with.

“Heh, fucked, indeed. I think that’s right on track.” Her gaze returned to the Weyr bowl again, mulling his opinion over in her mind. “Someone’s got drastic ideas of what they think Pern should look like, and it doesn’t include the current leadership.” A thought that had been niggling at the back of her mind came forward again. Instead of shoving it aside this time though, she gave it voice. “And with so many golds targeted, I can’t help wondering if their vision includes dragons, at all.” She tossed a sideways look at the young man to try and gauge his thoughts on what she’d said.

“No more golds, no more dragons. And since there are still gold riders left...” she shrugged. It was a bit of a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility. A Pern without dragons…vulnerable and unprotected when Thread came again…no wings glinting in the skies above, the great beasts lost to legend and song…it was insane. But someone on Pern was also clearly insane, at least, insane enough to try and take out the shiny hides of numerous weyrs, so she wasn’t willing to dismiss that endgame entirely. “It’s the only thing I can think of that makes some sense of what’s been happening. I could be completely off base, but...” her voice trailed off as she mulled it over. She hoped the safety measures S’far had implemented would be enough. “This isn’t over yet.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I think a friend had me try that once with juice... he's determined to find something I enjoy so that he doesn't have to drink alone so much. So far whiskey sours are passable, though I'm still not sure if I like them." It was a diversion from the main topic of conversation, but even alcohol was a more pleasant subject than what Lassalla was proposing. Especially because part of him agreed with her.

The thought of a world without dragons was unsettling, and he couldn't help but feel anxious for those who would be left to try and deal with Thread. He wouldn't be there, that was all he knew. If someone was going to kill Tiberuth it would be through him, he was the weak link there despite how headstrong and reckless the bronze could be. You are tougher than you let on as well. We will get through this, I am certain.

K'dar huffed softly, amused by his dragon's confidence. "Tiberuth is confident we'll get through, and I hope he's right. And don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you're wrong." He let his head lean back to rest against the rock behind him, staring up at the sky. "A world without dragons... hopefully we'll find some way to stop all of this so that we don't have to worry about that at all. Have you heard about S'far's plans for food and drink tasters? I'm not sure about it honestly. I think I'd rather just watch my food being prepared than have someone take a risk for me like that."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

They are right. We will get through this.

A faint smile touched Lassalla’s lips, and she held up the bottle in acknowledgement to K’dar’s statement. “I hope I’m wrong, too.”

Tasters…She’d heard about the weyrleader’s suggestion a couple of days before, after he’d recovered somewhat from the muffin incident. “Ha. Yes, I’ve heard about that. I’ve taken to cooking for myself and my girls, as much as I can. My oldest, Kessa, helps, too. She’s becoming quite the cook.” It made sense, though, for safety’s sake. Not everyone was able to cook for themselves or watch while their meal was prepared. She shrugged. “I understand the intention, even if I’d rather risk as few lives as possible. As a gold rider though, if it means preserving the dragons of our fair world, and others are willing to take that risk, I’ll go along.”

A wicked grin crept over her features as she stared into her bottle. “Though, I must admit, there were a few items from the kitchens that were a bit sketchy, even before all of this unpleasantness.” She gave him a knowing look and a small grimace. “I’ve never been entirely sure what goes into the stew they’ve always got brewing down there.” A lighthearted laugh bubbled up, and she was glad of the lighter turn to conversation. “I am glad to be able to develop my cooking talents. Or rather, try and grow them from a lack thereof. I’ve never been much of a chef.”

Her gold scolded her lightly. Don’t be ridiculous. The girls love your cooking. Her tone was warm and pleased at the brighter mood, too. Lasalla smiled, basking in the feeling, and turned to the bronze rider again.

“You wouldn’t happen to know of any easy recipes to try, would you? Herdbeast, roots, fish…?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Cooking, that was an idea that K'dar hadn't really considered. His weyr had its own little kitchen, but he'd never used it for more than making klah. He turned to give Lassalla a smile. "That sounds like a good idea actually. I'm not sure if individual ingredients could be poisoned and make it through cooking though. Maybe one of the healers will know. And at least you have family to help."

One day K'dar would have his own children he was sure, though he'd always imagined taking them fishing and camping with him rather than anything else. He smiled as he thought of the imminent arrival of his nephew (or niece!) and how he already had plans to kidnap the child away from T'ryn and Cazan to go fishing. The goldrider's comment about the kitchens being sketchy caught his attention and he raised an eyebrow in concern until she mentioned the stew and he joined in her laughter. "Ah, the stew. I actually do know what's in it, or at least what's in it sometimes. One of the kitchen assistants told me after... ah... a flight."

Flights and what came after were completely normal, but it still felt somewhat awkward to talk about right after Lassalla's wholesome talk of cooking with her daughter. K'dar latched onto her question about his own recipes. "All of the things I do are easy," he said as he tried to think. "I don't really cook much at all when I'm home, but I do cook a lot when I go fishing or camping. I could... hm. I'm not actually sure how well smoking fish inside your weyr would go. I could try to demonstrate on my ledge or somewhere else outside. I don't really keep recipes exactly, I just... cook."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

She quirked her eyebrows briefly in a conspiratorial expression at the brief mention of a Flight. She’d had some experience with that. She was on the receiving end of it a few times before she’d Impressed or even met Kirolan. She had a feeling she’d be becoming more familiar soon, as she’d accepted and begun to move on from her mate. Neryseth might be feeling up for such things again. And Pern could always use more dragons. I’ll Fly again when I please, thanks. You’ll do fine with it. Her tone was teasing and matter-of-fact. Lasalla shot a jibe back at her gold. Oh, indeed. I’ll at least do well enough not to let you gorge again. The gold gave a mental harrumph and returned to her company, leaving Lassalla to her own.

“I could do with some easy recipes. Though I don’t know that smoking fish would do well in a weyr, either. The smell would probably stick around for days…” She wrinkled her nose at the thought. “Though the ledge I think would work quite well.”

From her sunning spot Neryseth raised her head to look over at her rider, not bothering to mask her distaste and letting both of them hear her loud and clear. Not my ledge. She gave them both a withering glare before turning back to Tiberuth.

Lassalla dismissed her with a shake of her head and roll of her eyes, going back to the subject at hand. “Honestly, camp-ready recipes might be just the thing right now. Few ingredients, simple preparation. Little room to allow for tampering. Might be worth doing. Might be worth bringing to S’far, perhaps we could all use some basic knowledge on our own food preparation. It might be easier if we only had to keep tabs on the ingredients going to each weyr instead of every single meal.” She narrowed her eyes at the young man, realizing that she’d seen him around as more than just another rider. “You’re part of that apprenticeship program, aren’t you? How’s that going? You’re getting a crash-course right now, I bet.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Tiberuth very quickly agreed, He can demonstrate on my ledge, you would be welcome to join us there. K'dar let out a soft snort in amusement. "S'far also really enjoys camping, he probably knows a few recipes of his own. I've never tried to cook in my weyr, always over a campfire outside, but I'll try to set something up to show you a few things. We probably should not actually try to go camping while all of this is going on."

K'dar considered the idea of trying to encourage more people to cook and shrugged. "I'm not sure how well that would work on a large scale, but I'll talk to S'far about it and see what he thinks." Maybe it would help, he wasn't entirely sure, lately he'd been learning that there were so many factors to take into consideration when it came to these sorts decisions.

"Hm? Oh yes, I am in the apprenticeship program. And it's going well... or was. Things have been quite intense lately with everything going on, but on the bright side I've been learning quite a lot." He smiled, though the expression was weary. "I think I would have preferred it if there was less death involved in these particular learning opportunities though."

He eyed the bottle of rum again, wondering if he should give it another chance for a bit of that delightful buzz to help lighten the mood. It probably wasn't wise though, not when there was so much danger. S'far would have his hide if anything happened to a goldrider on his watch, especially if he was at all impaired. "I really hope things calm down and go back to normal soon." K'dar turned to Lassalla and smiled. "When it's all over and we catch whatever crazy asshole is doing this, how do you think you'll celebrate? I might actually go to a party."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

K’dar eyed the bottle, and she watched him carefully as he seemed to change his mind. Good man. She smiled at him, corking the thing and slipping in back into her satchel. Drinking alone was tolerable, and drinking with others was enjoyable, but being the only one drinking was a bit depressing. She was feeling melancholy enough, she didn’t want to add to it.

“For what it’s worth, I think you’re doing quite well with it. This isn’t an ideal way to learn to lead, but…” She shrugged and cocked her head to look at him better. “You seem to be taking initiative, keeping a level head. It’s good to see that.”

He talked about a party after catching whoever was behind it all, and she laughed. She hadn’t been to a party in Faranth knew how long. “A party sounds nice, actually.” She nodded, considering. The thought hadn’t really occurred to her. Her eyes narrowed as she considered the idea. “I…I just want to go somewhere. Anywhere but here. I’ve been cooped up in the Weyr so much, especially lately, I think I’d want to explore Pern a bit more, if I can. I’ve never been down to the Nerat peninsula, and I’ve heard it can be beautiful. Or maybe check out the other Weyrs not yet opened, get a feel for them, help get one running.”

The sun seemed to touch the lip of the Weyr wall, washing over Telgar and tinging everything in orange. Sitting up here, in her and Kirolan’s spot, being limited to the space inside these walls with all of the recent events, Lassalla couldn’t help but feel a bit stuck. Pern was growing around her, and she’d been so wrapped up in what was immediately in front of her that she’d missed much of it. Then once she was finally showing her face again, she gets knocked down by the recent events. A change of scenery may do her well, she thought. “Telgar’s been my home for much of my life, but maybe home could be somewhere else, eventually. Once all this blows over? Who knows.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Thanks." K'dar smiled at the bit of praise, glad that his hard work was being noticed. Hopefully S'far noticed as well, but he wasn't about to pester the Weyrleader about his performance and feedback when there was still so much going on. For now he just wanted to do his best to get through this rather rough patch hopefully unscathed.

"Travelling huh? Hopefully S'far approves when the time comes. I know he's been very paranoid about losing more golds in general, but especially with between accidents." He couldn't imagine being cooped up himself, and Tiberuth would probably become irritable if they stopped doing their little adventures to find new fishing holes and scout areas. "I can understand the desire to see new places though. Tiberuth and I like to head out and explore and fish and camp. Lately we've been spending a lot of time around High Reaches, getting more familiar with the land. I'm hoping to be the one to open it one day."

K'dar cracked another knuckle as he considered his goals, he'd always known it would take time to get to, but with all of the deaths lately he wasn't sure if that would delay it even further. "Hopefully by the time I'm ready to take that on there will still be enough dragonriders left to open up a new Weyr at all." With a small laugh at his ego he added, "If I'm the one who gets to open it up at all. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to. Still, until something happens, that's what I want to do in the long run."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

She gave a wry chuckle. “We'll fly straight if we have to. Maybe get some camping in? Might not be a bad way to see Pern, provided we had an escort and S’far’s approval, of course.” The last bit was added as somewhat of an afterthought. A smile quirked up the corners of her mouth and she shrugged nonchalantly. “But then again, that might just be fanciful fellis dreams. We will do what we must, for Weyr and Pern.” As irritating as it was, it was understandable, and it was her and Neryseth’s duty to preserve themselves to preserve the dragons. But it didn’t keep her from imagining.

Opening a Weyr? That made a lot of sense, then…the leadership program, his keen interest in the goings-on and effort to make sure he was handling things as level-headed as possible. “Lofty goals.” Her voice delivered the appreciation she felt for what he hoped to achieve. Too many just seemed to simply drift about with no goal or purpose. Ambition was refreshing. “It’ll take time and a lot of hard work. Good on you for pushing toward that. I’m sure whoever is doing all of…” She waved vaguely about with one hand. “..this…I’m sure they’ll be caught long before they take out enough dragons to to fill a Weyr. You keep on that goal. Hopefully, once everything calms down, you’ll get there.”

If there was one thing about beautiful views, it was how at peace they could make a person feel, even when things were in absolute chaos. She couldn’t help feeling optimistic as the sun sank below the rim of the Weyr. She let the warmth fade from her face before climbing to her feet. “Well, Neryseth and I should probably head back to our weyr for the evening. Thanks for the chat. And for the company.”

K’dar was a decent sort. Hopefully they’d both make it through all of this insanity, she hoped to see where he’d go.

“I do plan to take you up on your offer of those camp recipes, too.”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar nodded. "I'm sure you'll easily be able to find an escort when you do manage to travel one day." Hopefully it would be sooner rather than later since that would mean things had calmed down enough that he'd be able to relax a bit and go on his own trips too. He gave Lassalla a small smile at the bit of encouragement she gave, glad to know that he had support from outside of his family and close friends too. "Thanks. I'm sure things will work out. And if they don't... well, I'll just have to figure that out when it happens."

He tilted his head up to watch as she stood and nod before brushing himself off and bouncing to his feet. "Well it was nice to watch the sun with you-" I'm sure the ladies could use an escort back to their weyr. And perhaps you could show one of your recipes. The one for rabbit perhaps where you shove the stick in it. K'dar raised an eyebrow at the interruption as he gave his dragon a curious look. He shrugged though and decided to play along. "Tiberuth and I could escort you back, and if you'd like I can show you one of my recipes. I'll just have to send someone to the kitchens for a rabbit and some other things."

The bronze stretched his wings as he stood, acting like nothing was out of the ordinary and he certainly hadn't planted that idea in his rider's head. K'dar tuned to Lassalla and added, "Though if you're busy it can wait. Just let me know whenever you want me to teach you some of my recipes. Just remember they're not all that impressive."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

She looked over at the relatively short distance to Neryseth’s ledge just across the Weyr. Was an escort really necessary for such a small trip?

I would appreciate the escort. And the continued company. The smell of rabbit cooking would not be awful. Just no fish. The gold blinked lazily at her rider from where she stood to stretch her wings and back.

Lassalla lifted an eyebrow at the gold, curious as always, as to her dragon’s sudden switch to finding sharing her ledge just fine. Oh? Particularly interested in our current companions?

Neryseth arched her neck elegantly, her somewhat overlarge head actually appearing dainty. Tiberuth amuses me. I find him interesting.

Lassalla had a thought that the gold might be eyeing up potential future mates, but it was no matter just yet. While she hadn’t had the inclination to Fly in turns, Lassalla remembered well enough from the last time that she’d have about a week of true proddiness to prepare herself. Let her dragon enjoy the company. The young man was good with conversation, and his dragon was polite. And any recipes he had were welcomed, indeed. She nodded to the bronzerider. “Sure, why not.” Her typical half-smile pulled at one corner of her mouth. “And rabbit sounds like a decent enough meal.”

With little fuss, she mounted up, waiting to check that K’dar and Tiberuth were similarly situated before giving her gold the cue to glide down to their ledge. Sliding down from the riding straps, she met her youngest daughters on the ledge with tight hugs before they politely but enthusiastically greeted the newcomer to the weyr. It didn’t take much convincing for them to want to play with the friends still left in crèche, and she invited K’dar to make a list of what he’d need from the kitchens to send with the girls on their way down.

“Welcome to my humble abode.” She spread her arms, encompassing the girls’ strewn playthings and the few dishes that remained in the tiny kitchen area, grimacing slightly at the small mess. “Make yourself at home. The kitchen, hearth, ledge, whatever you need, are yours as you need them. I’m all ears and willing to learn.” With an ‘oh well’ shrug, she started to gather the various things and put them away. “So, High Reaches? What’s the draw?”

PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar could feel how smug and pleased Tiberuth was by their escort offer being accepted. He didn't comment though, knowing how much the bronze enjoyed flirting with the ladies, especially the golds, and how his charm had yet to actually result in anything more than a new flight scar. You have such confidence in me, Tiberuth huffed with a mix of amusement and annoyance in his voice. K'dar reached down and pat his neck as he settled in for their very short escort flight. Don't be like that. I just figure it will happen when it happens and I'm not worried about it right now. Mhm.

Tiberuth settled down easily on the gold's ledge, waiting patiently for his rider to dismount before moving to keep Neryseth company while his rider was enthusiastically greeted by the smaller humans. K'dar gave them all smiles and warm greetings. "Cute kids," he commented after they'd run off with his list.

He shrugged as he looked around, not really bothered by the mess. "I can help clean if you want, though I think all I'll need is the hearth. I find it easier to cook over an open fire than with a stove. And as for High Reaches..." K'dar considered just telling her the real reason, that it was a hastily drawn up excuse to spend time with a friend without his family getting too nosy. But really, the goal had evolved to have a life of its own, so was that really the most honest answer anymore?

"A friend mentioned the old Weyr, and I got curious, decided to scout the area. I haven't been inside, it's still closed after all," and he knew better than to admit to casually trespassing, "but I have been around the mountains. I like the area, and the idea of being the one to open it just stuck with me."

Lassalla
of Gold Neryseth

Date of Birth
02.06.708, 36
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair

Threads

She shrugged off his offer to help clean, tossing the few items into a basket by the door to the sleeping area. “No need, but thanks. Just getting it out of the way. As long as stuff isn’t going to be tripped over, I don’t particularly care where it sits, if I’m being honest.” She laughed a little and shook her head. Soon enough, they may end up with their own weyrs to keep clean. They’ll learn.

She drifted around the weyr making sure things were at least semi-presentable before making her way into the small kitchen area. “There’s a flint by the hearth there, on the shelf.” She called as she rooted through the cupboard, emerging a few moments later with several small jars containing various spices. She passed them to K’dar, trying to remember the one time she’d been to High Reaches as a child. She remembered snowy mountains, dangerous looking peaks, looming clouds over the icy wastes to the north…

“It has a certain rugged beauty to it, for sure. I don’t remember much of it, but I do remember that.” She shrugged, offering her explanation. “I only ever saw the place once when visiting as a kid with my parents. We had relatives there.”

After passing the spices to where K’dar was making himself at home by the hearth, she fetched a bottle and a couple of glasses. Plopping herself on the couch, she poured some of the rich orange juice into both glasses before pulling the bottle of rum and setting on the table too, just off to the side, just in case K’dar wanted to try the spirit with juice.

“I wouldn’t mind visiting High Reaches again, once it opens. Seems alright. A bit cold, but…” She shrugged. “Warm furs and fireside conversation hold their own appeal.” Her thoughts were interrupted by one of the lower caverns staff arriving with the items on the list K’dar had sent down. Thanking them, she took the basket and started inspecting the ingredients.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)